Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
I am no a ps4pro and I have the settings for high frame rate enable. Many times the screen in ACC becomes blurry or out of focus. My eyes are trying to compensate which tiresome.

Anyone else has this?

Yeah just how it is unfortunately. D3T have managed to do the complete opposite and have a 1080p30 mode and 4K60, but then to make matters even more confusing, it’s not really 4K, as you can quite clearly see...

Eager to hear how this runs on PS5, Digital Foundry did a big video showing backwards compatible titles and on the whole were very impressive, with several games moving to smooth 60FPS without formal 'announcement' of such.

Frustratingly, ACC was left off the list of demonstrations! Hoping for PS5 outright upgrade eventually anyway.

Eager to hear how this runs on PS5, Digital Foundry did a big video showing backwards compatible titles and on the whole were very impressive, with several games moving to smooth 60FPS without formal 'announcement' of such.

Frustratingly, ACC was left off the list of demonstrations! Hoping for PS5 outright upgrade eventually anyway.

There was a video from a few days ago apparently showing the game running on an Xbox Series X and it appeared to be running about 55-60fps.

A million times better than what we have at the moment on the older consoles but part of me wouldn’t be surprised if it runs at a rock solid 60fps on PS5, ..mainly due to the way it enhances backwards compatible games with unlocked framerates due to the PS4 Pro versions often having lower resolutions vs Xbox One X.

Not too sure what the resolution is on the Xbox One X version (believe it’s 4K vs 1800p of the PS4 Pro version??), but assuming the PS4 Pro version running at a lower resolution in turn should hopefully give higher framerates on the PS5 through native backwards compatibility at the very least.

Guess we’ll find out in the coming days hopefully, as well as hoping for a few more patches that could even better optimise the game for the newer consoles. Maybe now the new consoles are almost out we could see game running how it probably should have been and running at 60fps and the resolution dependent on achieving that solid framerate.

Last edited:
They mentioned it in their backwards compatibility article on Eurogamer. Basically said a smooth 60fps but resolution was nowhere near Series X. So doesn’t sound a huge improvement over PS4 Pro 4K mode, just maintains 60fps much better. Can’t see it changing as they have to cater for last gen first and foremost... Unless they actually do a full on next gen version.

So I decided to change my settings to the hardest difficulty by moving the stability control from 10% to 0% and my CC went up 2 points in about 30 min of rusty driving to 77. I obliterated my previous hotlap by 1.5 seconds by grabbing a 1:24.8 at Laguna. it feels more 1:1 like it initially did on the PS4. For me personally, this changes everything because I 'think' I can now hit 9.000 (at 8.875 or so).

Jerome

Last edited:
Dumb question. Racing cars have coloured indicators for rpm with green, yellow and red colours (and blue sometimes). Why they coloured that way? Does it mean that I should shift on green indicators, or blue?
In Gran Turismo game there was a helpful graph with engine telemetry where was easy to spot the best timing for gearshift. Can't find the similar thing for AC.

Last edited:
In case anyone is interested I can confirm it runs at 60fps on the PS5 with the full grid of 19 cars. I've been playing it today. They could bump the visual settings if they feel like it.
No frame drops like people experience at Eau Rouge etc?

No frame drops like people experience at Eau Rouge etc?

Nope I can't see it drop below 60 fps at all ever, I have it installed on the internal SSD. I am however only on a 1080p TV, so I can't say if it will drop below 60 on a 4k TV. But given what I'm seeing in how fast the PS5 is in general.. I doubt it'll drop below 60 at 4k. It's a very awesome console, perfect in every way other than the lack of web browser.. which ***** me. But if you have a nice tablet you can use while you are gaming you'll be ok with that (i'd prefer a browser though). But yeah it runs silence and fast, the UI is slick as, It makes my PC look like .. terrible as far as UI speed goes and I'm running a M.2 NVE drive on my PC. You'll be happy with it. Fortnite raytraced looks ok (shiny) :P 60fps locked there too. Those haptic feedback controllers feel like they were handcrafted by god himself.

I will just add something.. If you have a digital license of a game (any game) you can play together with your PS4, so if you had ACC on your ps4 and you gave your PS4 to your son, you can play ACC or any other game online together with only that one license, you can also copy games from the ps4 to the ps5 (use a lan cable , it's slow over wifi) and you can also remote play the PS5 from the PS4 and vice versa. Also I haven't tried this part but it says you can also just plug in your ps4 external drives as they are.

Last edited:
ACC has been playing muuuuuch better on the Series X. The auto HDR feature is interesting. I'm not sure if I'm just used to how the game was before, but it seems like the lighting effects are better at the tradeoff of the colors being ever so slightly washed out.

The framerate and even the menu run noticeably better

Question about multiplayer on PS4. I go to the quick join, and it puts me in a lobby with 2 or 3 people. I have all the options open, not restricted by track or anything. I don't have high enough rating for CP, which people tell me is more populated. But how can I raise my ratings if there are no races? I'll keep trying at different times, but I've only found 1 lobby that actually had enough people to race in the last couple weeks. I haven't tried every day, though.

Question about multiplayer on PS4. I go to the quick join, and it puts me in a lobby with 2 or 3 people. I have all the options open, not restricted by track or anything. I don't have high enough rating for CP, which people tell me is more populated. But how can I raise my ratings if there are no races?
You can raise the ratings by racing versus AI (make sure this isn’t disabled in options). E.g. low safety rating may prevent joining many non-CP lobbies as well (and lobbies which allow low safety rating only allow a small number of players instead).

You can raise the ratings by racing versus AI (make sure this isn’t disabled in options). E.g. low safety rating may prevent joining many non-CP lobbies as well (and lobbies which allow low safety rating only allow a small number of players instead).

I'm aware, but racing 30 minutes with AI only gets me 1 or 2 SA points. And that's if I stay close the whole time and if I have one incident, the whole thing is wasted. I know you get more SA points racing real people. But I guess I have no choice if there aren't any races to be had at my level right now. It's just gonna take forever. Thanks.

I'm aware, but racing 30 minutes with AI only gets me 1 or 2 SA points. And that's if I stay close the whole time and if I have one incident, the whole thing is wasted. I know you get more SA points racing real people. But I guess I have no choice if there aren't any races to be had at my level right now. It's just gonna take forever. Thanks.
When I've raced AI, I can get 1 or 2 SA
every couple of laps? Just gotta stay within like 0.4s the whole lap

Last edited:
Do the difficulty or realism settings matter on how many SA points you get? Like if I turned up AI skill and aggression, and tire wear, damage, etc.? I know night and rain have some effect. It just seems that I can't get more than 2 points per race, and then my consistency goes down since I'm following slower cars. This is the thing about ACC, they don't really tell you anything.

Change your AI settings so that when you're pushing 90-95% (quick but not flat out every lap) you are matching the AI. I didn't even know you could turn damage and tyre wear off?

Last edited:
New update incoming this week for ACC as 505 support manager Mike said;

"No updates on your guys' questions as of yet, but good news that a new patch is coming this week for PS4 and XB1. Community will be providing more details soon!"

We are still waiting answers on the most questions launched to D3T LTD (consoles versions dev team)

I hope they Optimize the next gen console version. Maybe lower the Target resolution on Series X. I saw some benchmarks on youtube and it runs mostly on 52-60 fps and around 40 with heavy weather. Far from Ideal.

As there is no next gen only version of the game, anything they do to the game will first and foremost have to work on base PS4/PS4 pro/Xbox One etc. So don’t expect too much on the new consoles unless they decide to a full on release for the new consoles.

Do the difficulty or realism settings matter on how many SA points you get? Like if I turned up AI skill and aggression, and tire wear, damage, etc.? I know night and rain have some effect. It just seems that I can't get more than 2 points per race, and then my consistency goes down since I'm following slower cars. This is the thing about ACC, they don't really tell you anything.

I agree that ACC does not tell you enough. I really wonder why you have to do the driver switch yourself. I mean, it is you anyway doing the driving. The menu path you have to follow, does not help. I think the driver switch is unnecessary difficult. It's not replicating real life driver switches.

I am trying to love ACC, but it's hard. The graphics are subpar. It reminds me of ps2 games (I am on a ps4pro). If you go back to PC2 or AC, the difference in visuals is too much.

Still love the physics and sound in ACC.

I agree that ACC does not tell you enough. I really wonder why you have to do the driver switch yourself. I mean, it is you anyway doing the driving. The menu path you have to follow, does not help. I think the driver switch is unnecessary difficult. It's not replicating real life driver switches.

I am trying to love ACC, but it's hard. The graphics are subpar. It reminds me of ps2 games (I am on a ps4pro). If you go back to PC2 or AC, the difference in visuals is too much.

Stick Toca Race Driver on a PS2 or something and then come back and say that :) Think a lot of you are blinkered by false memories.

This is by no means a bad looking game. Especially when you take into consideration the amount the engine is doing every second with the advanced physics (I know you mentioned you love these), the track evolution, the time of day, the dynamic weather, a grid of 20 pretty good AI... the list goes on. Running on an almost 10 year old console. And it’s a pig to get to run well even on a decent PC.

I think just take a step back and have a bit more respect for what they’ve done here.

Stick Toca Race Driver on a PS2 or something and then come back and say that :) Think a lot of you are blinkered by false memories.

This is by no means a bad looking game. Especially when you take into consideration the amount the engine is doing every second with the advanced physics (I know you mentioned you love these), the track evolution, the time of day, the dynamic weather, a grid of 20 pretty good AI... the list goes on. Running on an almost 10 year old console. And it’s a pig to get to run well even on a decent PC.

I think just take a step back and have a bit more respect for what they’ve done here.

I never wanted to sound dis-respectful. I highly praise Kunos. But that does not mean that I can't have an opinion on certain things in ACC.

I'm on standard PS4 and imo pCARS2 looks worse than ACC, mostly due to the horrible anti-aliasing. Jaggies everywhere.

Of course, ACC has its own set of issues graphically but really doesn't look like a PS2 game.

I'd be surprised to see a next gen patch tbh. They aren't even addressing current bugs we've had since June on console, and performance has hardly got better since then.

Having said that I can't wait to see what it looks like on PS5 later this week, and will be testing both pCARS games too. Looking forward to the results!

Last edited:
A question about the onscreen display on PS4. When SA was first unlocked I could see Trust and Incident Points on the screen, going up or down live. Once the next rating was unlocked I just see SA that will flash green at the end of a lap. The previous display was much more informative, showed me how close I was to raising my SA, and could see the trust rising as I did things to raise it. Now I can't tell at all how close my SA is to the next whole number, I just watch it flash green every lap and maybe change. Any way to get the old display back with Trust and Incident points? Also, do races with more cars give more SA? I know, lots of questions.

:D
upload_2020-11-18_15-16-20.png

Last edited:
A question about the onscreen display on PS4. When SA was first unlocked I could see Trust and Incident Points on the screen, going up or down live. Once the next rating was unlocked I just see SA that will flash green at the end of a lap. The previous display was much more informative, showed me how close I was to raising my SA, and could see the trust rising as I did things to raise it. Now I can't tell at all how close my SA is to the next whole number, I just watch it flash green every lap and maybe change. Any way to get the old display back with Trust and Incident points? Also, do races with more cars give more SA? I know, lots of questions.
Nope sadly not. It's possible on PC to see in the driver stats but not on console

Back