Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
After 10 hours on PC version in 120 FPS I tried X1X version again on XSX and it's not bad at all. I needed Oulton park because I love the track but it's not on consoles yet. Slightly increased input lag is there for sure but difference is minimal and it's 120 vs. 60 FPS. Still I have some hopes in D3T :D Console versions on next-gen are currently not that bad.

After 10 hours on PC version in 120 FPS I tried X1X version again on XSX and it's not bad at all. I needed Oulton park because I love the track but it's not on consoles yet. Slightly increased input lag is there for sure but difference is minimal and it's 120 vs. 60 FPS. Still I have some hopes in D3T :D Console versions on next-gen are currently not that bad.
Good thing about Xbox versions is that it has little to none game crasches compared with PlayStation consoles..it's really frustrating end a race, get a game crash and have to redo the race in career mode or championship mode..
Hopefully they implement the autoDOR system on console version so game set automatic rotation locks as the PC version and get rid of the little bugs and issues ..I have completely loosed my faith in D3T Ldt, even for next gen, and hopefully they show me wrong

And yes, there's still slightly input lag, which should be still less to none on 30fps, as at 60 or 120+ ,but surely they would have to fix first the crash party in PS

For me (in my experience) compared PC Vs PS it's night and day difference.

And we now since today that a new update is in submission stage in Sony and Microsoft,let's see what it brings

Last edited:
Hey guys, quick question. What a decent lap time around Spa with a GT3 car in this game? Thanks very much in advance. :cheers:

Good thing about Xbox versions is that it has little to none game crasches compared with PlayStation consoles..it's really frustrating end a race, get a game crash and have to redo the race in career mode or championship mode..
Hopefully they implement the autoDOR system on console version so game set automatic rotation locks as the PC version and get rid of the little bugs and issues ..I have completely loosed my faith in D3T Ldt, even for next gen, and hopefully they show me wrong

And yes, there's still slightly input lag, which should be still less to none on 30fps, as at 60 or 120+ ,but surely they would have to fix first the crash party in PS

And we now since today that a new update is in submission stage in Sony and Microsoft,let's see what it brings
Ah, I didn't know about crashes but I don't need much from games. I start game, go to practice, when it's enough I create a race. Nothing else :D It worked fine or Xbox is more stable. Which is a bit strange?

I felt steering on a gamepad is different between versions. I am not sure but console version feels a bit easier, maybe some stabilization is there. Maybe the whole input is new because I have vastly different settings for the input between versions.

That's interesting, I was thinking I'll move to Xbox version after they release Oulton park. Yeah, night racing is a bit of joke without lights :D Rain was strange too last time I tried it. But overall not that bad to me.

Wow, new update! Looking forward to it.

I had an hour back to back PS4 slim to PC today, same car same track etc.
It's obviously better on PC with graphics, smoothness on the wheel, much better ground collision (should be coming to console in a future patch) but the difference isn't night and day for me, it's still very obviously the same base game and aside from the bugs they did a reasonable job on current gen console.

If they can fix the crashes (which I don't see luckily), graphic effects, and the stupid stuff like button mapping, I think they'll be in a reasonable place on current gen

much better ground collision (should be coming to console in a future patch) but the difference isn't night and day for me, it's still very obviously the same base game and aside from the bugs they did a reasonable job on current gen console.
It's not me? I think PC version is much more bouncy and I like it. I thought it could be some helper for gamepad but it's a console feature? I agree with current version, it's not bad and there is a space for easy improvements.

I drove Zolder in the Aston V8.
The exit of first chicane, the car floated over with maybe just a little bump if I took quite an aggressive line on PC but on PS4 it would launch my car right up into the air.

And the right on the exit of the second chicane you have to be really careful on PS4 - touch those double red bumps and you get knocked off wide. But PC you can take those kerbs and the car just sticks.

And I haven't played enough but I think those weird bumps that can unsettle the car at eau rouge and Blanchimont on PS4 don't seem to be anywhere near as bad on PC

I am not sure, console version felt always easier in some sense. Car behavior is a bit different and I am still not sure why. My ACC play time is very short so some people here can tell it more precisely.

I drove Zolder in the Aston V8.
The exit of first chicane, the car floated over with maybe just a little bump if I took quite an aggressive line on PC but on PS4 it would launch my car right up into the air.

And the right on the exit of the second chicane you have to be really careful on PS4 - touch those double red bumps and you get knocked off wide. But PC you can take those kerbs and the car just sticks.

And I haven't played enough but I think those weird bumps that can unsettle the car at eau rouge and Blanchimont on PS4 don't seem to be anywhere near as bad on PC
That first chicane is a death trap in the GT3s on console. GT4s can drive right over them no probs though due to the lesser aero etc

I am not sure, console version felt always easier in some sense. Car behavior is a bit different and I am still not sure why. My ACC play time is very short so some people here can tell it more precisely.

Answer can be ;

Console version is 1.6.5

PC version is 1.7.7

Quite some phisycs adjustments, bop adjustments, new ground collision phisycs etc missing on consoles which were introduced in all those 9 updates consoles are behind

That's cool. Didn't know the 911 was difficult to drive. Did catch me out when I lifted too abruptly

Other than that, I do like the 488 Evo and have run the AMG GT EVO in a few races. It's just the physics are so good, I'm enjoying all cars.

I was running the Ferrari in the Hot Stint mode the other night, got down to a couple 23’s with the Coach Dave setup, but after watching 2:15’s by aliens, it’s clear I need to push a LOT harder. :lol:

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't jump straight into a CDA setup, I prefer just to start on safe, lower the ride height and take it from there - easy to tune from a stable base. I find CDA can be a bit loose for my driving / skill level.

But if you're new to the game then I don't think set up will make much difference to lap time compared to just driving and getting used to the physics and the car, if you're much above the 2:20's.

A set up isn't going to magically fix everything and make you faster, just concentrate on the fundamentals first.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't jump straight into a CDA setup, I prefer just to start on safe, lower the ride height and take it from there - easy to tune from a stable base.
That seems like a good approach. It's also what Aris recommends (video below). I'm glad he made that video because I always found the safe setup a bit slow and understeery, and the aggressive was a bit too "loose". So I struggled with both of them really. But from now on I'm going to follow his advice. The "core" of the explanation is from about 11:33 to 21:49 in the video.

For those who'd rather not watch it (he used the Ferrari EVO as example):
- Choose safe setup and do a couple of laps
- Adjust pressures
- Lower ride height front and rear by 3 clicks (3 mm). This will move the aero balance towards the front.
And that's it.
For higher top speed (depending on track) lower the rear wing. For even more oversteer lower front ride height more and/or reduce traction control.

Last edited:
Personally I wouldn't jump straight into a CDA setup, I prefer just to start on safe, lower the ride height and take it from there - easy to tune from a stable base. I find CDA can be a bit loose for my driving / skill level.

But if you're new to the game then I don't think set up will make much difference to lap time compared to just driving and getting used to the physics and the car, if you're much above the 2:20's.

A set up isn't going to magically fix everything and make you faster, just concentrate on the fundamentals first.

I always start with the aggressive and end up making it even more pointy. I like my cars to rotate. I've never tried a safe setup.

Me again, hey guys! ;)
May I ask, what difference (on PS5) does the selection of the years 2018, 2019 and 2020 make? There are different car manufacturers and teams available, I see. But does it make any difference when a rookie like me is driving 2018 models (Nissan and Porsche) only so far?!
All I wanna do right now is getting my ratings up to be able to drive online.

Me again, hey guys! ;)
May I ask, what difference (on PS5) does the selection of the years 2018, 2019 and 2020 make? There are different car manufacturers and teams available, I see. But does it make any difference when a rookie like me is driving 2018 models (Nissan and Porsche) only so far?!
The 2020 season introduced a new tire compound.

Me again, hey guys! ;)

There are performance and setup difference between 18 and 19. I think maybe a track or two got resurfaced as well which alters the grip.

Me again, hey guys! ;)
If you just want to get in and drive it doesn't matter. There are some small differences to like 1 or 2 tracks grip levels and some BOP changes, 2020 got updated tyres, but unless you're super competitive / alien you probably won't notice

Last edited:
The 2020 season introduced a new tire compound.

There are performance and setup difference between 18 and 19. I think maybe a track or two got resurfaced as well which alters the grip.

If you just want to get in and drive it doesn't matter. There are some small differences to like 1 or 2 tracks grip levels and some BOP changes, 2020 got updated tyres, but unless you're super competitive / alien you probably won't notice

Thank you guys, for the quick answers!!

It's been a very frustrating night with ACC single player. On PS4, I've had two DC in 20min quick races at Spa. It has become more frequent for me the last few days. I hope it gets fixed, but don't expect it will.

Latest Posts

Back