Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
I wonder if the Lexus will ever be customizable on console? It's kinda lame you can't change anything other than the number boards, from the 4 team liveries.

Last edited:
Assetto Corsa Competizione Console (SIEJ) 1.7.0 Patch Notes (2021 Apr 27)
  • 3 hours ago

GENERAL

• Fixed issues with the Career mode trophies 'Sprint', 'Tour' and 'Marathon' not unlocking.
  • Fixed issues when saving replays/highlights with improved messaging.
  • Individual driver lap times can be seen by selecting them in the Timetables.
  • Timetables overview added to the replay HUD.
  • Added SAS display to some car interiors displaying race flags.
  • Fixed car skins were not loading correctly in the front-end.
  • Improvements to the pit stop MFD.
  • Added full track map option in the racing HUD.
  • General UI and navigation improvements.
  • Custom driver showroom team panel issue fixed.
  • Fixed issues surrounding custom Championship race settings.
  • Removed invalid previous events within the Special Events and updated with new ones
  • Introduction of single player multiclass racing
  • GT3/GT4 mixed class racing in British GT Championship
  • PS5 Backward compatibility support
  • Changed pit start positioning at Spa-Francorchamps in all game modes.
  • Intro sequences now play at Mount Panorama.
  • General optimisations.
Audio

• Fixed SFX for the Mercedes AMG GT4.
MULTIPLAYER

• Server menu filters added for easier sorting.
UI

• Fixed loss of input issue when saving car setups.
PERIPHERALS

• Updated SDKs for Logitech and Thrust master wheels
  • Fixed issue surrounding button bindings
  • Generic stability updates regarding steering
The size of the download for users of PS4 JP on v1.06 will be 1,541 MiB.

wut? Wasn’t it backward compatible alteady?
Hopefully means it'll stop crashing and/or we get the PS5 to run the game at 1800p like the Pro does. At the moment it does not.

And also I'm sure a good load of those patch notes are the same as the last patch notes?

Last edited:
wut? Wasn’t it backward compatible alteady?

Maybe they put the same "PS5 backwards compatibility" again , trying to fix the crashes that the game suffer on PS5

And also I'm sure a good load of those patch notes are the same as the last patch notes?

Yeah, look to the update historial on the console and you will see many points of the changelog exactly the same as on the 1.6.5 patch and the posterior hotfix update...

Let's hope that the third time is the one that really fix those issues...

And the changelog also show ACC update 1.7.0 (meanwhile on PC they are on 1.7.7..
Didn't expect 1.7.7 ,cause last update is from 9th April , but I expected 1.7.5 at least, let's see tomorrow what internal version it is on console, but would be quite disappointing if it's only 1.7.0...

And the changelog also show ACC update 1.7.0 (meanwhile on PC they are on 1.7.7..
Didn't expect 1.7.7 ,cause last update is from 9th April , but I expected 1.7.5 at least, let's see tomorrow what internal version it is on console, but would be quite disappointing if it's only 1.7.0...
1.7.0 is still a big change from 1.6.5, past that is all pretty minor tweaks

1.7.0 is still a big change from 1.6.5, past that is all pretty minor tweaks
Well..mmm, 1.7.1, 1.7.2, 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 are quite needed, cause they fix issues on cars, the new tracks, the new dynamic skidmarks, offline single player regarding British GT, fixes on stars of tracks and so on. If you look the changelogs they aren't "pretty minor tweaks" only.
The 1.7.4 is from 24th February, so they should have time enough to port it, 1.7.1 came out only 2 days after 1.7 on 12th January.

1.7.5 came out the first March, so it would been factible also, but at least 1.7.4 should be the version on consoles.

1.7.0 only is disappointing, because we will have issues till further version aside of the specific consoles version issues.

I cross fingers waiting till update and hopefully the internal version is more than 1.7.0

Hopefully means it'll stop crashing and/or we get the PS5 to run the game at 1800p like the Pro does. At the moment it does not.

The PS4 pro runs the game at 1800p???

I am playing in 1080p on my PS5.

What am I missing here?!

The PS4 pro runs the game at 1800p???

I am playing in 1080p on my PS5.

What am I missing here?!
That's what I heard.
If you set the PS5 to output at 2160p the game is blurry, and looks like it did on base PS4.
If you set PS5 to 1080p the game looks much sharper, but I don't know what resolution it is. But also the console will crash a lot more.
I'm hoping they've kept the crisp graphics when we leave the console at 2160, because right now that doesn't work.

Well..mmm, 1.7.1, 1.7.2, 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 are quite needed, cause they fix issues on cars, the new tracks, the new dynamic skidmarks, offline single player regarding British GT, fixes on stars of tracks and so on. If you look the changelogs they aren't "pretty minor tweaks" only.
The 1.7.4 is from 24th February, so they should have time enough to port it, 1.7.1 came out only 2 days after 1.7 on 12th January.

1.7.5 came out the first March, so it would been factible also, but at least 1.7.4 should be the version on consoles.

1.7.0 only is disappointing, because we will have issues till further version aside of the specific consoles version issues.

I cross fingers waiting till update and hopefully the internal version is more than 1.7.0
Dynamic skids marks is only a minor tweak, it already got updated in a bigger way with 1.7.0
There's some AI tweaks in the following updates, and some minor adjustments to a handful of cars, they looks like the biggest things.
Don't get your hopes up just to be disappointed, the press release stated 1.7.0 so expect to have 1.7.0. Anything else is a bonus.

Saying that, I don't know why they didn't implement the later ones, previously they gave us quite an up to date version - but it is what it is. Maybe they were too busy fixing the previous issues?

Last edited:
Dynamic skids marks is only a minor tweak, it already got updated in a bigger way with 1.7.0
There's some AI tweaks in the following updates, and some minor adjustments to a handful of cars, they looks like the biggest things.
Don't get your hopes up just to be disappointed, the press release stated 1.7.0 so expect to have 1.7.0. Anything else is a bonus.

Saying that, I don't know why they didn't implement the later ones, previously they gave us quite an up to date version - but it is what it is. Maybe they were too busy fixing the previous issues?
Yes, but dynamic skidmarks is a fix from 1.7.1 to fix the issue of 1.7.0 ... like I said from 1.7.1 till 1.7.4 they fixed a lot of issues and made adjustments of the 1.7.0 affecting cars, new tracks, online, offline, AI...

Like you said, the other major updates came only one or max two little hotfix updates smaller than on PC.

For specific consoles issues as button mapping it will be the third attempt to fix it, cause the changelog is the same as the 1.6.5 update and posterior hotfix update if you look to the update historial on the console...

So at least I hope that this time it's really fixed..but it's also strange that Mike from discord said practically 2 months ago that an update was ready to enter submission, then some 2 weeks after he said again that a patch was entering submission and posteriorly Dane Also mentioned that a patch was entering submission two weeks ago (which probably will be this one we will get today)

Let's cross fingers, that what stated in the changelog is really fixed and we don't get many new issues

Yeah there was some strange delays in submitting / releasing this one.
I got expected the patch to come out a few weeks ago, and the 1.7.x update & DLC in May but instead they delayed the patch and brought forward the update to bundle it all together...?

If there’s anyone on here who really just needs to take the plunge and get a gaming PC for ACC, it’s Donnced. Would do your health wonders and free up your mind from the torture you’re seemingly putting yourself through expecting any kind of parity between console ACC and PC ACC, even after almost a year. You’re obviously a big fan of the game, so, if you can afford it, do it.

If there’s anyone on here who really just needs to take the plunge and get a gaming PC for ACC, it’s Donnced. Would do your health wonders and free up your mind from the torture you’re seemingly putting yourself through expecting any kind of parity between console ACC and PC ACC, even after almost a year. You’re obviously a big fan of the game, so, if you can afford it, do it.
Yeah I like the game, and still think that this game on consoles in competitive hands of a good porting studio could be a good game, with autodor on wheels, camera setting and better support.
We don't have to forget that a lot of games in consoles runs on unreal engine 4, without saving issues, 1000 crashes and so on.
I don't ask more than 30fps but just that the game would work as intended and that the studio Infront of the Port is capable to fix their own introduced issues and bugs..
But when you investigate D3T , then you see their history with bad portings, issues and slow support.

For the rest, I want a gaming PC,and will make one once the prices comes back to normal due all this covid situation and lack of certain electronic chip's.

No I get all that. But there has to be a point where you realise things aren’t going to change, whether you like it or not. You state the same things over and over. We know D3T don’t have the best track record and we know, after almost a year, that they’ve been slow to update the console version and sort the bugs out. There comes a point where it ultimately comes down to your decision whether to stop playing it or not... Any other game, I’d just bin it off if it kept crashing on me. But I couldn’t with ACC as it’s just so damn good. I never had as big an issue with the console edition as many have, in fact was just thankful I could experience it at all on such an old console. But I realised the genuine experience is on PC, and always has been. If you enjoy it that much, you need to do the same. It’s good to hear you plan to.

Yes, but dynamic skidmarks is a fix from 1.7.1 to fix the issue of 1.7.0 ... like I said from 1.7.1 till 1.7.4 they fixed a lot of issues and made adjustments of the 1.7.0 affecting cars, new tracks, online, offline, AI...

Like you said, the other major updates came only one or max two little hotfix updates smaller than on PC.

We are getting1.7.2 Apparently 👍

Thanks, when I get back home I will put it to download and give it a go, as read on discord, seems button mapping is fixed which already good news
Awesome. That was seriously my biggest complaint with the game

We are getting1.7.2 Apparently 👍
I just installed the patch and started the updated game. and yes. It shows 1.7.2! That’s a good thing, right?!
Let’s drive! To infinity and beyond…! :lol:
Edit: the Game is still blurry in 4K. Shame!

Last edited:
could it be, that random stutter during corner driving is present now?!
Did not notice something like that before yesterday’s update.

How I wished the graphics were just a tad better!!

BTW: the 911 II I drove yesterday feels kinda different to me compared to the 911 from 2018 I was driving before.
I jumped into a Lambo for the first time last night and this was a different experience as well!
Can’t wait for a proper PS5 version!! Please come soon!! :bowdown:

Edit: if a few more things would’ve got fixed with the latest update I would’ve considered buying the season pass. Staying with the base disc game for now.

Last edited:
could it be, that random stutter during corner driving is present now?!
Did not notice something like that before yesterday’s update.

How I wished the graphics were just a tad better!!

BTW: the 911 II I drove yesterday feels kinda different to me compared to the 911 from 2018 I was driving before.
I jumped into a Lambo for the first time last night and this was a different experience as well!
Can’t wait for a proper PS5 version!! Please come soon!! :bowdown:

Edit: if a few more things would’ve got fixed with the latest update I would’ve considered buying the season pass. Staying with the base disc game for now.
I noticed some stutter around Oulton Park where before every other track was silky smooth on PS5. Not great. Think this is what Series X owners have experienced.

The 991 II is different to the other Porsches, I love driving it whereas not much of a fan of the other ones. And the engine noise is brutal!

Last edited:
Discovering the GT3 Cup cars for One Make races. That's my new thing now.

Just found out about the custom livery generator. Did a race at Kyalami and Oulton Park. The liveries ain't the best, but it's a nice alternative.

Lastly, the replays. Another first for me. The automatic post race replays. I didn't realise I could hide the "Timetables". Even though it's highlights and skips through most of the race, I dig the camera views and it looks really good on my PS4.

Just found out about the custom livery generator. Did a race at Kyalami and Oulton Park. The liveries ain't the best, but it's a nice alternative.

Lastly, the replays. Another first for me. The automatic post race replays. I didn't realise I could hide the "Timetables". Even though it's highlights and skips through most of the race, I dig the camera views and it looks really good on my PS4.

Speaking of post race, how do you show each driver's fastest lap? If that's even possible.

Like a spacedust daddy! :gtpflag:👍

Last edited:
Speaking of post race, how do you show each driver's fastest lap? If that's even possible.
I'll have to check. I thought it was in the "Overall" Timetable. Unless, it's when selecting driver class and ranking: Pro, Am, Silver, etc.

Im on PS5 and its still very blurry when you put on 4k. I really hope they will do a proper next gen update.

BUT after last update Logitech G29 now feels so much better. They said they actually change SDK ingame for logitech and thrustmaster wheels. Now my g29 feels the same as on my PC which is awesome.

Honestly there's no reason to buy better gaming pc now for ACC(maybe only for bit larger playerbase) beacuse its actually better on my PS5 considering im getting 30-40fps on PC. But ffb and physics feel the same compared to my PS5. Just awesome, im so happy PS5 has really good specs finally we can have proper simracer on console.

Cant wait for a next gen graphical update, probably in few months.
Im sure PS5 can run it on dynamic 4k 60fps with high settings

Back