Assetto Corsa Competizione Coming to PS4 and XB1, Arrives June 23

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 2,573 comments
Hard disagree with that. Makes perfect sense, fits in with the rest of the game’s realism and adds to the immersion for me. I love it :)
I'm not saying to force auto ignition, but just to have the option of ignition with engine start stop. You get the option of auto wipers and lights to save buttons which doesn't break immersion for me.
Its only an issue on console, now I've moved to PC I have all the buttons I want

Gotcha. I’m all for an option for it, for those who only have so many buttons to map. But I’d argue they’re two to map first, then see what else you can fit in. I managed fine on console before. All about priorities. Appreciate we all have differing priorities though 👍

Anyone have an issue with no other cars on track, in Quick Race? Jumped out the game. Jumped back in the game. Still no other cars.

I set 15-19 opponents. Using the 911 Cup car as normal. Position is random. Selected Nurb GP, Monza, Laguna Seca and Silverstone. Tried for about half an hour. No other cars or other car sounds, appear on track. I press Start and the race carries on as per normal. It's just me in P1. 80km/h limit as per normal, before green flag.

Did one lap each time, to see if cars appear. Nothing.

Anyone have an issue with no other cars on track, in Quick Race? Jumped out the game. Jumped back in the game. Still no other cars.

I set 15-19 opponents. Using the 911 Cup car as normal. Position is random. Selected Nurb GP, Monza, Laguna Seca and Silverstone. Tried for about half an hour. No other cars or other car sounds, appear on track. I press Start and the race carries on as per normal. It's just me in P1. 80km/h limit as per normal, before green flag.

Did one lap each time, to see if cars appear. Nothing.

I'm going to guess you have it set to the 2018 season? If so that's likely your problem as for some reason it doesn't automatically switch from "Using Official Liveries" to "Using Custom Liveries" like it does for other seasons/series when doing a 1 make series with more entries than available teams.

Last edited:
I'm going to guess you have it set to the 2018 season? If so that's likely your problem as for some reason it doesn't automatically switch from "Using Official Liveries" to "Using Custom Liveries" like it does for other seasons/series when doing a 1 make series with more entries than available teams.
I think I posted my replays with the Official liveries (there are about three or four), but I had a full grid.
Edit: This is from the 13th of this month.

Edit: From booting up the game just then. Weird I didn't notice the official livery can not be applied for even a full grid, but they can be applied to the other seasons as you mentioned. It's not so much about it atutomatically selecting the liveries, as it is they are not available for AI to use.

Last edited:
hey guys,

as my new cockpit screen is about to arrive later today, i was asking myself, is it know what FOV setting the dash cam for the PS4 version is using?!
i am asking because we can't set the fov on PS4 but if i knew what fov is set, i could just move the screen a bit to make it perfect.
any help here is appreciated!

hey guys,

as my new cockpit screen is about to arrive later today, i was asking myself, is it know what FOV setting the dash cam for the PS4 version is using?!
i am asking because we can't set the fov on PS4 but if i knew what fov is set, i could just move the screen a bit to make it perfect.
any help here is appreciated!
I reckon it's about 65 degrees. Try comparing it to GTsport it you have it. Or better yet try replicating it in AC if you have that.

Does it have ranked with matchmaking?

You have quick races with matchmaking.

You have Competizione servers, which ask you high SA rating to enter (70) and having the stars of tracks (experience)
And matchmake you with other players.

Public lobbies you have some ranked (minimum 40SA for example) which are great,

From 40SA to above you will find clean racing with people who knows what they are playing

Thanks for that input. I'm not very experienced with the public servers. I raced maybe 2, dropped out due to terrible driving by others.

The game is approaching its 1 year anniversary on console. I've had great time with it, it really is an excellent driving simulator and a lot of fun.

But at the same time it's been 1 year and rolling starts are still awful on numerous tracks and will likely never be fixed.

I hope the next gen patch isn't too far away either.

Last edited:
I want more tracks. Damn the realism. Let’s be honest, it’s a game at the end of the day. Play it off as”how would your favorite car do on so and so track?” More tracks the better. This game has pushed oulton park into my top 10.

I want more tracks. Damn the realism. Let’s be honest, it’s a game at the end of the day. Play it off as”how would your favorite car do on so and so track?” More tracks the better. This game has pushed oulton park into my top 10.
It's a licensed game of real world race series', as such it's always going to be limited to the tracks those series race on in reality.

If it's more tracks you are after then other titles are unfortunately your only option, unless the real series go to new track and Kunos add those.

The ”how would your favorite car do on so and so track?” from a Kunos title will have to wait for Assetto Corsa 2 I'm afraid (well unless you switch to PC and mods on the original AC).

It's a licensed game of real world race series', as such it's always going to be limited to the tracks those series race on in reality.

If it's more tracks you are after then other titles are unfortunately your only option, unless the real series go to new track and Kunos add those.

The ”how would your favorite car do on so and so track?” from a Kunos title will have to wait for Assetto Corsa 2 I'm afraid (well unless you switch to PC and mods on the original AC).

I wonder what iRacing pays to have the newest cars on their game?

It would be great if they added the tracks/liveries from the other GT World Challenge series'. But I feel like this isn't likely, especially since AC2 was announced.

We'll get the 2021 liveries and that's probably it.

Very big if. But, the Supra would be the most likely.
The Mustang should already be in the game.
Unfortunately, the M4 GT3 wouldn't turn a wheel in a race till '22.

I'm not so sure the existence of AC2 means ACC is done considering how much SRO has integrated the game into the real life series.
Main reason I say that is the issues on console have been glaringly obvious in some cases. It gives me the impression that they don't have a lot of resources to split between 2 projects. But I hope I'm wrong!

Main reason I say that is the issues on console have been glaringly obvious in some cases. It gives me the impression that they don't have a lot of resources to split between 2 projects. But I hope I'm wrong!
Kunos have nothing to do with the console version of ACC. That shambles was carried out by D3T.

Last edited:
Back