Assetto Corsa Competizione: First Console Gameplay Videos

Wow it just gets worse from these guys. Terrible "event" today. The bad news about 30fps even on enhanced consoles and now the first footage they care to share for their premier sim on console is a terrible controller driver using chasecam.

SMS.....All is forgiven.
Yeah,what's the resolution in those videos?

I said here last year it would be 30fps.
It has to be, the physics alone take so many cores graphics and frame rate have to take a hit.
The videos do look more choppy than I expected.

I'll be generous that suggest that youtube compression isn't helping.

I suspect someone very quickly recorded a bit of video after the cluster**** of a "preview event".

Thats to GTP staff ( @Famine ?) for pushing to get this for us.

Funny that, I did think it looked like a PS4 capture.

The videos do look more choppy than I expected.
Exactly my thoughts. The replays are usually worst due to the constant changes in camera angles/moving various large objects/background on screen but even PC Cars 2 released quite a bunch years ago is way better with the replays. The chase cam video although a bit better in FPS still looks choppy and the lack on smoothness while turning left/right (as if the player was tapping the joysticks several times rather than turning continuously/smoothly) doesn't inspire confidence in the joypad's controls either. I'm disappointed and will eventually cancel my pre-order. Was expecting a bit more...

It says 1080p.

How lazy are they to make PS4 Pro run at 1080p@30, while PS4 slim does the same and Xbox One X runs at 2160p@30.

This is unnaccaptable.
Both Pro an X have enhanced 1080P graphics modes with better draw distance, track detail etc.

At full resolution X is native 4K. Pro is "up to 1800P" so one assumes it uses dynamic resolution scaling.

All at 30fps..... Groan.

The video is a car crash. It is jerky which makes me concerned about frame pacing (30fps gameplay will only work if frame pacing is rock solid). Also it showed a lot of pop up and weird shadow changes popping into view also.

I'm disappointed and will eventually cancel my pre-order. Was expecting a bit more...

I wouldn’t cancel. It is a fantastic sim just very demanding on hardware.

My PC isn’t exactly high end and struggles to get over 100fps @1440. The physics alone are worth the price in my opinion.

The reason why it's 30fps is because of the unoptimized AI performance. I think they're on the same set as the player, which then just taxes even my GTX1060 and Ryzen 5 1600 when I try to do singleplayer. It should be 30 singleplayer and 60 multiplayer.

Comparing graphics to forza or gts is silly at best, games where graphics is the main focus. I agree it needs optimizing and probably will be patches, and that's why they were not in a hurry to show it off too.
Ps4 pro has same cpu as ps4 std or just about, so you can't expect so much.
Also how do we know if it's from the pro version this video? Might be std ps4, hope so i admit..

Just get a pc if you want the real deal and stop complainig... :P

@everyone that complains...

They made a decision to port the game to current gen consoles. It way their decision. 30fps is unnaccaptable for a sim everyone knows that and if they found out they cannot run the game at 60 they should have just cancelled it. They will get critized accordingly, I don’t care what physics they have.

Now it’s just gonna backfire on them and I’d be surprised if they sold a million copies after this fiasco.

Not even gonna talk about the framepacing and stutters :lol:

Back