Assetto Corsa Competizione Free to Play on Steam This Week

Will have to give this a try and perhaps will do so in about an hour. Want to see how this compares to AM2. Was going to most likely end up getting ACC in early July regardless.
So many good Sim Race games and not enough time....

Well I gave the free trial a 15 minuet try out after the installation was done. In a this really super quick trial it left me less then impressed and did not see anything that AMS2 does not do better or at least as good. That is not saying to much though as after my first week with AMS2 back in August 2021, I tried to return the game thru steam but had already exceeded the game play time. I will give ACC some more time over the weekend to see if my mind changes. I can say though as of right now AMS2 visually and physically is pretty dang good. I know the first America down load pack for AMS2 is supposed to be available on June 4th. Will see if I go ahead and purchase that or wait and mess around with ACC some more.

So really not many people interested in trying this?

I gave another go this morning. Looking more favorable and certainly seems to easier then AMS2, not sure if that is good or bad.

Going to delay purchasing the 1st America pack for AMS2 to probably July 4th holiday.

Last edited:
I had a similar experience. I played free practice for around 20 mins, found it a bit underwhelming. The cars felt easy to drive even on aggressive set up and TC/abs off. Didn't feel much of the road surface either. It looked Ok but nothing special to me. I played one race and ended up turning off after a couple of laps. Oh well at least I know my PC can run it. I will buy it when it's all on a really, really good sale I think, I've got lots to play in the meantime. Perhaps I need to spend more time with it. Also despite running at a high frame rate 100+ it felt like it was stuttering at a really high frequency ? Really annoying.

I had a similar experience. I played free practice for around 20 mins, found it a bit underwhelming. The cars felt easy to drive even on aggressive set up and TC/abs off. Didn't feel much of the road surface either. It looked Ok but nothing special to me. I played one race and ended up turning off after a couple of laps. Oh well at least I know my PC can run it. I will buy it when it's all on a really, really good sale I think, I've got lots to play in the meantime. Perhaps I need to spend more time with it. Also despite running at a high frame rate 100+ it felt like it was stuttering at a really high frequency ? Really annoying.

Agree,

Not feeling a lot of feed back. Nothing stands out to me as of yet. Will try again tomorrow to see if any different.

Agree,

Not feeling a lot of feed back. Nothing stands out to me as of yet. Will try again tomorrow to see if any different.

may I ask the both of you what software you are preferring over ACC and why?

I've been playing PC2 and a bit of Rf2 recently. Im not too experienced with a wheel/ffb but both of these feel better to me, can feel the changes in track/elevation/kerbs better out of the box.

AMS2 for me "currently" pior to that was PC2.
Did another session with ACC this morning. Seems better now and I can understand the popularity. I would say that graphically AMS2 is better and most likely less strenuous on compture graphics power at higher settings.
I do believe that there is more FB feel with AMS2 and a wider variety of force feed back being transmitted to the wheel.

I like the replay camera options in ACC. Menus are certainly better then AC.

Did another session with ACC this morning. Seems better now and I can understand the popularity.
What I find I like about ACC is that you can "feel" the weight of the car, when you screw up and spin out or go off track you generally know where you screwed up where in so many games it is a snap reaction and hard to pinpoint why you spun out or went off track on this lap but yet not the other 10 you went through that sector basically the exact same way.

Also it is like tire and tire pressures if you are really pushing the car trying to catch up to a pack lets say and the handling seems to be going away you can look and see where you may be overheating a tire or two and that heat has pushed the tire pressures too high which is hurting your grip. Back off a bit for a couple of laps you will see the tires cool down (change color) and the pressures go back down which is a very realistic scenario in real life racing. Makes you take care of your tires and plan your attacks. Correct tire pressures are CRITICAL to having success in ACC.

Also cold tires with lower pressures realistically do not handle or grip as well as properly warmed up tires and you can feel the reduced grip.
But in many games they represent cold tires like you are driving on an ice rink sliding all over the place, this is thankfully not the case with ACC.

This is just a couple of things that make ACC be considered by many to be one of the top sims out there. The more time you spend with the game and learning its little secrets the more you get to where you drive other games less and less.

Do yourself a favor and pick one car and stick with that car, learn that car its strengths and weaknesses and set up tweaks to really find the games magic.
And yes small set up tweaks make a huge difference to setting up the car to where it drives the way YOU want it to drive to match your driving style.
The presets are good and it does not take drastic changes to get the car better in most cases and for most driving styles.

If you like GT3 and GT4 cars its hard to not like ACC over the long haul.
Personally I have not driven a gt3 car since the gt4 cars were introduced, I love driving the gt4 class cars!

Last edited:
Back