Assetto Corsa Competizione GT4 Pack DLC Arrives on Console

I’m not sure where to discuss our impressions of the GT4 packs, but I’ll keep it here.

PS4 Pro:

They are just a blast to drive and you no longer have to fear the lumps and bumps of track curves.

I have driven the Alpine and Audi GT4’s so far and they handle like a charm. You never feel out of control at high speeds and slowing down for corners.

These impressions are from a point of view of a Motorsport and sim racing novice.

Any word if the update allows you to use a wheel and a controller at the same time? I model my G29 with an aftermarket rim, which makes pressing some of the buttons really difficult.

So far the Audi and KTM have been my favorites. Surprisingly the Cayman was a little more unstable than I thought it would be.

Does anyone know why the Maserati has no assists?

Any word if the update allows you to use a wheel and a controller at the same time? I model my G29 with an aftermarket rim, which makes pressing some of the buttons really difficult.

Nope still unable to use an controller and wheel at same time.

So far the Audi and KTM have been my favorites. Surprisingly the Cayman was a little more unstable than I thought it would be.

Does anyone know why the Maserati has no assists?

In real life championship the Maserati GT4 hasn't TC and ABS ,so they simulated the car exactly how it is real life.

My initial drives of each car. One out lap at Nurb GP.

R8: Easy to drive. Had to get the thought of driving the Audi TT Gr.4 out of my head. Kind of took it easy.
Also, the layout. So used to the tight final chicane, I slowed too much.

Car felt good overall. Will need to spend more time with it to be comfortable. 2:17.xxx

Vantage: Another car easy to drive. Almost similar to the Gr.4 version. Felt good in the first part of the lap and over the curbs at the back straight. 2:17.xxx

Alpine: Definitely one of the tight turning MR cars. Love this little thing. Quick with changing direction. Didn't have HUD or steering wheel on. So, don't know the lap time.

M4: Starting out, it wouldn't downshift fast enough. As the lap went on, I could downshift quicker. Needed time for the transmission to warm up? I dunno.

Anyway, felt light and smooth. I can see why it's a weapon in the real series.

Camaro: Heavy. Had to slow it down compared to the cars above. Love the differences of the cars so far.
Sounds good and was speedy over the lap. Did a high 2:16.

Ginetta: Loved this car in PC/PC2. Felt right for the first half of the lap. Not sure about the feel of the car(DS4 user) compared to all the other cars. I'll spend more time with it for sure. Cool to still steer a rhd race car.

KTM: It's like a squirrel. Short rev band and it's quiet. Might go well at the shorter circuits.

GranTurismo: like the Camaro, but with no aids. Just like I remember the car in AC, but now I can properly compare it to other real GT4 cars.
I don't think it's going to be a favorite for many. The revs feel short and the non-ABS is going to put some off. No TCS is fine. Love the engine/exhaust. Smooth and love the suspension over the curbs.

570S: Felt easy and quick. Not to say boring or lifeless. Like a Sunday drive on a twisty road.

AMG: The most race car feeling of this group. Sounds just like the AMG GT3 in GT Sport. I drove this one the fastest straight out of the pits. A familiar sensation in the handling. Communicates well and it can be tossed around on cold tyres. Awesome for the one lap.

718: I like this one. Coming from the Cayman GT4 in all the other games, this one is awesome.

If I wanted to be over the top emotional, I'd cry tears of joy. Well done Kunos. SMS nearly did this and PD went the for the include everyone route. All developers should check out this GT4 pack on its own.

Any players skeptical of the graphics, their wheels, options, etc. I come from the old school of either playing with my scale model cars in the bed and AFX slot cars. This game is a must have if you just want to pretend race with a realistic feeling. Cars are easy to drive, as they should be, for gentlemen/women drivers. Money well spent.

Last edited:
I'll wait and hope for a PS5 patch, I just can't enjoy it on PS4 due to framerate and low graphics.

However, it is absolutely brilliant on PC, so I know it has massive potential

would be nice if it worked out of the box on ps5 with improved performance, but that’s not a guarantee so don’t set yourself up for disappointment!

Having just finished driving all the Gt4 cars, the Maserati is bad. Or is it me? I only gave each car 4 laps at Monza. Adjusted steering lock for each.
The Masi would lock the brakes at the chicanes every time.

Having just finished driving all the Gt4 cars, the Maserati is bad. Or is it me? I only gave each car 4 laps at Monza. Adjusted steering lock for each.
It's going to be a hated car. With no aids, players will have to adjust accordingly. I guess that's the challenge... if anyone wants a challenge.

Does the patch fix the 1080p PS4 Pro fps bug?

I hate having to turn on Supersampling in order to play.

That's not a bug, but an decision made by the Devs.

Initially the 4K mode was the best performing and then the normal 1080p have more details,view distance and textures.

So the only way to Force the 4K mode in an 1080p TV is enable the supersampling to have those extra 10 - 15fps.

The Maserati locks brakes cause as in the real life Maserati GT4 It don't have ABS and TC.

So Kunos simulazione did simulate the Maserati as it is in the real championship...

You will have to learn to lift a bit the brake pedal when car starts to lock, and apply pressure again.
And look out in rain...cause without TC and ABS things can be more complicated.... it's a car for "crazy men" :lol:

Last edited:
That's not a bug, but an decision made by the Devs.

Initially the 4K mode was the best performing and then the normal 1080p have more details,view distance and textures.

So the only way to Force the 4K mode in an 1080p TV is enable the supersampling to have those extra 10 - 15fps.

Surely they could make it an in-game option?

Love it. Set up a quick weekend race. First qualy, I left the pits ahead of the AI. Qualified 4th.
Started behind and next to A110s. A KTM was on pole. Get to T1, engineer says a Caris to my left. I slow down more. The A110 takes the spot.

The race involves a mandatory pit. I pit end of Lap2. Entering pit lane at the speed limit. About three AI cars ghost thru me. Enter my pit box. Takes a seconds to set me right and up on the jacks. Thirty seconds later, Im behind so many cars.
At the finish, I'm 14th!

Second qualy, I was one of the last cars. Followed a GranTurismo (GT) for the whole five minute session.
IMG_20201001_174136.jpg

Didn't get to run this one. Family time. :D:cool:

Love it. Set up a quick weekend race. First qualy, I left the pits ahead of the AI. Qualified 4th.
Started behind and next to A110s. A KTM was on pole. Get to T1, engineer says a Caris to my left. I slow down more. The A110 takes the spot.

The race involves a mandatory pit. I pit end of Lap2. Entering pit lane at the speed limit. About three AI cars ghost thru me. Enter my pit box. Takes a seconds to set me right and up on the jacks. Thirty seconds later, Im behind so many cars.
At the finish, I'm 14th!

Second qualy, I was one of the last cars. Followed a GranTurismo (GT) for the whole five minute session.
View attachment 961889

Didn't get to run this one. Family time. :D:cool:
It's annoying how the AI cars drive slightly faster than the player car through the pit lane. I wonder if using manual pit limiter allows us to drive a bit quicker?

Surely they could make it an in-game option?

They are unable to fix save issues that are there since launch (day one patch) , unable to implement the T500 since launch, unable to port correctly FFB and autodor system as on PC version and make game looking worse and more bugged patch after patch...so don't think D3T Ldt studio is able to make it an in-game option...

They don't even now how to fix and enable dynamic resolution on Xbox one X version that is performing worse than PS4 PRO and has a framerate more or less equal as base PS4 being the most powerful actual console on the market .

I really hope they achieve one day to make game better instead of worse patch after patch , cause it's a gem of SIM

It's annoying how the AI cars drive slightly faster than the player car through the pit lane. I wonder if using manual pit limiter allows us to drive a bit quicker?
First time I've run a weekend set up. Wouldn't mind it if I didn't drop so many places. I was 4th and three cars pass me in the pits. I should therefore, be 7th. Apparently not.

First time I've run a weekend set up. Wouldn't mind it if I didn't drop so many places. I was 4th and three cars pass me in the pits. I should therefore, be 7th. Apparently not.
I know that having bindings for manually starting the engine etc makes pulling away from a pit stop quicker, saves a second or 2, but the actual driving speed deficit is a bit silly.

Oh, I struggled with that A110 in a Quick Race at Brands Hatch. The TCS is a bit strong. Killing me at every corner.

Straight-line speed is a weak too. "Car on the right.". "Car on the left.". :scared:

I love how different these cars are to drive vs the GT3s. Having to make a lot more steering corrections.

The Ginetta is the best driving car that I’ve tried so far. I’ve tried all GT4s that don’t have a GT3 variant so far.

Oh, I struggled with that A110 in a Quick Race at Brands Hatch. The TCS is a bit strong. Killing me at every corner.

Straight-line speed is a weak too. "Car on the right.". "Car on the left.". :scared:

3 wide :D:cheers::lol:

Back