Assetto Corsa Competizione 'Intercontinental GT' DLC Announced: Four New Tracks Coming

Whoa, Suzuka.

It's too bad GT Sport broke my desire to race online, else I'd probably have bought a PC to play this.

Such great additions to the game. I cant wait. ACC runs and plays really well by now. It has been a rocky road but the game feels finally solid and finished.

Im curious about this game I hope its a substantial improvement over the original. I recently grabbed the original for ps4 and its physics are laughable, but I can see the potential providing its evolved...

Im curious about this game I hope its a substantial improvement over the original. I recently grabbed the original for ps4 and its physics are laughable, but I can see the potential providing its evolved...

What game do you consider good physics?

Funny comment considering the handling is what separates it from other Sims. And I mean in a good way obvs.

Indeed what would you consider to have better handling on console?

Funny comment considering the handling is what separates it from other Sims. And I mean in a good way obvs.

Indeed what would you consider to have better handling on console?

There's not much to compare it to really... I dont really class AC as a sim as the handling lacks nuance (thats why im hoping it changed up in the new game) I like GTS handling (although its been dumbed down considerably in the updates), not a fan of project cars handling model either its quite clunky (probably because I like to use joypad). I think the best driving experience right now is with Dirt 2 for physics... its nicely nuanced, plenty of quick inputs required with subtle use of the throttle and brakes. Its subjective what folks like in driving games isnt it? I only use a pad which probably gives a very different experience to a wheel... I put quite a lot of time in on f1 2019 which isnt a sim but is enjoyable in gameplay terms.

There's not much to compare it to really... I dont really class AC as a sim as the handling lacks nuance (thats why im hoping it changed up in the new game) I like GTS handling (although its been dumbed down considerably in the updates), not a fan of project cars handling model either its quite clunky (probably because I like to use joypad). I think the best driving experience right now is with Dirt 2 for physics... its nicely nuanced, plenty of quick inputs required with subtle use of the throttle and brakes. Its subjective what folks like in driving games isnt it? I only use a pad which probably gives a very different experience to a wheel... I put quite a lot of time in on f1 2019 which isnt a sim but is enjoyable in gameplay terms.

I was going to ask if you play with a pad but you've answered that. That explains why you think the physics are bad. The pad controls have nothing to do with the physics. It is not easy to get good control settings in AC, im happy with my settings but there are a few cars i have to stay away from as the settings are not a one fit for all. Theres nothing close to AC in terms of feel for me, every time i take a break from it then go back to it i just think man it feels so good to drive.

Using a game pad and then making any claim to a games physics is like going to a high end restaurant with a cold when you can't taste a thing and claiming its food is crap.... I use a game pad now and then as well so understand the appeal in certain situations, but once you drive these games with a proper wheel/shifter setup then you can start making claims about physics models and people might start to maybe consider your opinion valid... Maybe.... lol

AC is a fine sim. Many, many people here will agree.

I'd encourage you to try it with a wheel setup then report back.

I only use a pad which probably gives a very different experience to a wheel
Let's separate the physics simulation from the controller implementation here. AC and PCars both have good physics, but you are correct that they are definitely made with wheel-users foremost in mind and their default settings for pad controllers are poor. PCars can be made quite playable with a pad, but it requires a willingness to monkey with the settings until you get it right. I didn't spend as much time with the original AC so I won't comment on it. You're also correct that DR2.0 plays very well with a pad; Codemasters games in general seem to have excellent pad implementation.

Anyway, I've played ACC on the PC with an XBox One controller. I played a little bit when the game first released into Early Access, and the pad controls were unsurprisingly terrible. I played some more after it left Early Access, and I have to say they have completely transformed the pad implementation. It's now Codemasters-level good. Assuming ACC gets ported to console, and they don't utterly botch the port, pad users should be very pleased with it.

Using a game pad and then making any claim to a games physics is like going to a high end restaurant with a cold when you can't taste a thing and claiming its food is crap.... I use a game pad now and then as well so understand the appeal in certain situations, but once you drive these games with a proper wheel/shifter setup then you can start making claims about physics models and people might start to maybe consider your opinion valid... Maybe.... lol

AC is a fine sim. Many, many people here will agree.

I'd encourage you to try it with a wheel setup then report back.

There's no need to be so defensive & patronising my friend, physics affect both control methods... Im sure your experience with a wheel is better as I alluded to in my comment. From a pad point of view my comments are valid i spent alot of time calibrating it to get it sweet, but its still not up to the standard of other titles. In terms of physics if you crash a car deliberately it will spin like a dropped coin lol so the grip/drag and gravity need some work. I think Dirt 2 is leading the way in many aspects of driving game physics although its by no means perfect...

There's no need to be so defensive & patronising my friend, physics affect both control methods... Im sure your experience with a wheel is better as I alluded to in my comment. From a pad point of view my comments are valid i spent alot of time calibrating it to get it sweet, but its still not up to the standard of other titles. In terms of physics if you crash a car deliberately it will spin like a dropped coin lol so the grip/drag and gravity need some work. I think Dirt 2 is leading the way in many aspects of driving game physics although its by no means perfect...

I'm not intending to sound defensive, I'm simply making a counter argument to your opinions. My initial comparison is a good one since you're essentially making claims about physics systems with a neutered control method. That was my point. Dirt 2 is setup for gamepads as someone above mentioned, so of course it will feel nicer on a pad and I agree it works well. AC and all the sims that go with it are not intended to be used with gamepads as the primary control method. HOWEVER, they can be tweaked quite a lot to make it very playable, absolutely. You just aren't going to be able to get the full true feel for the physics while on a gamepad. Say what you will but your analysis has little value in the grand scheme of AC's physics in this respect.

AC and all the sims that go with it are not intended to be used with gamepads as the primary control method.
This is true, but it is a weakness of the developers of those titles, not a fundamental, unavoidable limitation. DR2.0 and ACC have both demonstrated that you can have good physics and good gamepad controls in the same title. I applaud Kunos for getting this right in ACC; hopefully the next Project Cars title will also have excellent gamepad support right out of the box.

if you are playing AC with a gamepad, youre playing it wrong.
Kunos definitely made an effort to improve gamepad implementation in ACC, and they succeeded, so I doubt they would agree that it's the "wrong" controller.

Kunos definitely made an effort to improve gamepad implementation in ACC, and they succeeded, so I doubt they would agree that it's the "wrong" controller.

They did because they needed to. Not everybody owns a wheel or wants to. It is the right thing to do, but that doesent mean its the right or best way to play. Those refusing to use a wheel are simply missing out here. I know what im talking about because i was one of those Gamepad users till 2016.

This is true, but it is a weakness of the developers of those titles, not a fundamental, unavoidable limitation. DR2.0 and ACC have both demonstrated that you can have good physics and good gamepad controls in the same title. I applaud Kunos for getting this right in ACC; hopefully the next Project Cars title will also have excellent gamepad support right out of the box.

Oh yeah PCars needs better support for sure. And yeah I wasn't saying you cant have a good experience, I was just making the point that saying something is laughable when not using it in the intended way is sorta ridiculous. But ACC and many of the other sims with a gamepad can def be a decent experience (sims other than ACC need a bit more tweaking) I agree.

Back