Assetto Corsa Competizione 'Intercontinental GT' DLC Announced: Four New Tracks Coming

I'm waiting for the PS4 version. Next year is still OK.

Don't hold your breath. PS4 and Xbox One already do a **** job with Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. Don't expect this more taxing title to run well so I hope Kunos are smart and launch out of the gate with Xbox Two (or whatever the name) and PlayStation 5.

But the installed base might be temptin but I reckon it would need tons of optimization and run in ultra low settings with dynamic scaling to maintain 60fps (which it probably won't consistently see Dirt 2 and WRC 8 as recent examples.

Don't hold your breath. PS4 and Xbox One already do a **** job with Project Cars 2 and Assetto Corsa. Don't expect this more taxing title to run well so I hope Kunos are smart and launch out of the gate with Xbox Two (or whatever the name) and PlayStation 5.

But the installed base might be temptin but I reckon it would need tons of optimization and run in ultra low settings with dynamic scaling to maintain 60fps (which it probably won't consistently see Dirt 2 and WRC 8 as recent examples.

You just reminded me how bad Project Cars and WRC7 graphics are on my PS4. :lol:

Don't like the new Kyalami (prefer the old layout), but Suzuka/Bathurst is a big win :D Whoever is doing licensing at Kunos, man you are the real MVP 👍 We all know how hard it is to get licenses for Japanese circuits, even PCARS couldn't get the real Suzuka.

Looking at previous seasons of IGTC, they have also raced at Sepang and apparently next year they are going to race at Indy road course. Too much to ask Kunos? :D

Also, Kunos, please, better explanation for the setup changes (soft/firm, open/closed, front/rear on the settings). I don't understand anything at the moment :)

Also, Kunos, please, better explanation for the setup changes (soft/firm, open/closed, front/rear on the settings). I don't understand anything at the moment :)

Made using AC1, but the principles apply to ACC as well. Explains things in a way that someone who didn't know much about tuning like me could understand. I made my own notes from that I now reference when tuning cars.

Made using AC1, but the principles apply to ACC as well. Explains things in a way that someone who didn't know much about tuning like me could understand. I made my own notes from that I now reference when tuning cars.

This is very useful, thanks. However, what I meant, is that, on the setup page, there needs to be an explanation of which setting is soft/firm, closed/open and front/rear (for the brake balance for example). At the moment, it is just numbers, sometimes with units, and sometimes no unit so it is all very confusing. Or there should be a race engineer in the game ;) All seriously, the settings need to be defined so that we know which way the setting goes on the setup page. Anyway, the videos are very useful all the same but for different cause.

This is very useful, thanks. However, what I meant, is that, on the setup page, there needs to be an explanation of which setting is soft/firm, closed/open and front/rear (for the brake balance for example). At the moment, it is just numbers, sometimes with units, and sometimes no unit so it is all very confusing. Or there should be a race engineer in the game ;) All seriously, the settings need to be defined so that we know which way the setting goes on the setup page. Anyway, the videos are very useful all the same but for different cause.

Agreed on having more information in the menus themselves. I am liking the crew chief telling me when someone's next to me and when it's clear. That with Helicorsa are an excellent system.

Just hoping.
You know ACC is not even closely the top selling / top played title so nothing is guaranteed that way.

True, although I don't think the game being a "top selling" title really factors into it. It just needs to sell well enough to have made the port a worthwhile investment. Another factor to consider is that the console player base is several times larger than PC. I'm betting that Kunos made a tidy sum from the 2016 AC console port. I'm sure Kunos realized they could make money in that space which is exactly why they ported AC in 2016. ACC will follow eventually. "Guaranteed" is too strong a word, but I'd be shocked if it didn't happen. It just makes way too much sense.

Assuming nothing changes with some sort of exclusivity deal with Microsoft or Sony, I'd expect to see ACC on PS5 and the next Xbox within a year or two of their launch.

Suzuka/Bathurst is a big win :D Whoever is doing licensing at Kunos, man you are the real MVP 👍 We all know how hard it is to get licenses for Japanese circuits, even PCARS couldn't get the real Suzuka.
The licensing god of Kunos is Marco Massarutto, aka. Tom Cruise stand-in. :D

I remember them saying about Suzuka for AC that it was just too expensive. Wonder what changed. Were they sponsored maybe?

@Whitestar you run trips correct?
I just finished an i5-8400/2060 Super build and I’m looking at selling my ultrawide for triples.
Do you think my PC would be okay?

The licensing god of Kunos is Marco Massarutto, aka. Tom Cruise stand-in. :D

I remember them saying about Suzuka for AC that it was just too expensive. Wonder what changed. Were they sponsored maybe?

I think this is part of the deal with the SRO. They want a virtual esport ICGTC just as much as we do. No need for them to lay any stones in Kunos way.

@Whitestar you run trips correct?
I just finished an i5-8400/2060 Super build and I’m looking at selling my ultrawide for triples.
Do you think my PC would be okay?
I run triples yes. And it's a bit difficult to say. I haven't run a bench for quite some time now. But when I ran 5760x1080 the last time I think I got about 70-80 in dry weather with some cars around. In rain, and especially at night, it dropped to below 60. So the game is/was quite heavy on the hardware.

Are you on the official forums? There is a GPU Benchmark thread that might give you some extra info: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-acc-gpu-benchmark-thread.53426/

Back