Assetto Corsa Competizione Intercontinental GT Pack DLC Releases February 4

Unfortunately without mods I honestly do not have much interest in ACC at the moment.

Fair enough. I buy a game/sim for what it is, not what it could be if I wasted time fiddling around with it, and currently ACC is, IMO, the best out of the box driving simulator out there by a country mile - if you're into GT3 that is.

ACC will never have mods, that's not what it's about. It's about simulating the Blancpain GT3 and that's it. Honestly I find it refreshing that it's so focused on this one discipline.

Anyway I don't do mods as I don't even have the time to explore the standard content in most sims, so modding is a zero consideration for me.

Rest assured it is coming for next gen consoles.
I've been wondering if there will be cross platform when ps5 launches. Cod modern warfare has the ability to let PC and console gamers play in the same lobby so I think they will. And there will be a lot more competition races if they do

Am I the only one worried about the price? Seems like they're building up so much hype and not revealing the price yet to not get people turned off if it's too expensive. I'll still buy it though because Kunos always puts out excellent stuff and the last update was free (6 cars + 1 track), so it kinda evens out.

Am I the only one worried about the price? Seems like they're building up so much hype and not revealing the price yet to not get people turned off if it's too expensive. I'll still buy it though because Kunos always puts out excellent stuff and the last update was free (6 cars + 1 track), so it kinda evens out.
I'm just assuming $30-$60 but I'll buy it no matter what

Hell no, that's the price of a whole new game and a definite marketing suicide. I'm thinking more along $15-20. If it's anymore expensive I'm defo waiting for a sale first before buying it.

Hell no, that's the price of a whole new game and a definite marketing suicide. I'm thinking more along $15-20. If it's anymore expensive I'm defo waiting for a sale first before buying it.
It's reasonable for adults who understand that creators of games and dlcs do it for a living, meaning all the employees who spend hundreds of hours working on the game have to get paid enough to cover their house mortgage, car payments, insurance for their children and everything they need, all their utilities, put food on the table, and be able to have enough money left over to put back in the company to increase its value plus have more money left over to pay employees to stick around and manage the servers and everything else involved.

$60 will obviously never happen. That would be crazy. :)
$30? Hmmm, possible but unlikely. This is Kunos after all and they have a history of ridiculously low prices. Not a guarantee this time though of course.

Maybe we should all guess the price. I'll go first:

€19

$30? Hmmm, possible but unlikely. This is Kunos after all and they have a history of ridiculously low prices. Not a guarantee this time though of course.

€19
I don't think it'll be that much lol just reading his quote I assumed he doesnt like having to pay what things are worth so tried ruffling his feathers lmao

€19
I'll guess $25 so about what u said

I honestly wouldn't say that $30 is too much for 4 laser scanned tracks of the quality Kunos puts in though. Far from it. Especially those particular tracks.

I honestly wouldn't say that $30 is too much for 4 laser scanned tracks of the quality Kunos puts in though. Far from it. Especially those particular tracks.
I've never personally drove Kyalami but have watched a lot of races in the past so I'm probably most excited for that

I would pay that price, but considering the base game is only 45 (or less?) i would say that 15 bucks is the most likely scenario.
I hope youre right, I'm just taking into consideration that they may look to other sims when pricing laser scanned tracks. I don't think they will ask $15 a piece like iracing but that is a price sim racers are willing to pay hundreds of dollars on over time, but I still think kunos will keep it cheap

I hope youre right, I'm just taking into consideration that they may look to other sims when pricing laser scanned tracks. I don't think they will ask $15 a piece like iracing but that is a price sim racers are willing to pay hundreds of dollars on over time, but I still think kunos will keep it cheap

iRacing is very expensive, true. But i have Raceroom or the original Assetto Corsa in mind... their prices have always been quite resonable.

iRacing is very expensive, true. But i have Raceroom or the original Assetto Corsa in mind... their prices have always been quite resonable.
I wonder if they'll release it at midnight... I work for a pool company in Louisville KY so I'm on severance pay and unemployment through the winter so I'll be checking steam all night

It's reasonable for adults who understand that creators of games and dlcs do it for a living, meaning all the employees who spend hundreds of hours working on the game have to get paid enough to cover their house mortgage, car payments, insurance for their children and everything they need, all their utilities, put food on the table, and be able to have enough money left over to put back in the company to increase its value plus have more money left over to pay employees to stick around and manage the servers and everything else involved.

I know game devs have to make a living. Absolute price isn't everything though, you also need to balance it against the number of sales. There's no point putting out DLC at $60 if only 10 people are going to buy it ($600 revenue) vs a more reasonable $15 if that means 100 people are going to buy ($1500 revenue). It's just simple maths. That's also why a lot of Steam devs get their highest revenue boost during sales, because the high volume of purchases offsets the lower price of the game itself.

Anyway, we'll see in a few hours who's right ;)

I know game devs have to make a living. Absolute price isn't everything though, you also need to balance it against the number of sales. There's no point putting out DLC at $60 if only 10 people are going to buy it ($600 revenue) vs a more reasonable $15 if that means 100 people are going to buy ($1500 revenue). It's just simple maths. That's also why a lot of Steam devs get their highest revenue boost during sales, because the high volume of purchases offsets the lower price of the game itself.

Anyway, we'll see in a few hours who's right ;)
It'll be $20-$30 The ACC community on all forums have already expressed how impressed they are with the game and are just waiting to make the purchase. They will launch at a higher price because target demographic will buy the content no matter what, and then once sales start flat lining in a month or two they'll drop 30% and eventually 50% or more for people who don't play the game that often but want try the new tracks or are tired of not being able to get into competition servers because they don't have the tracks

Back