Assetto Corsa Competizione v1.50 Arrives for PC, With GT4 Pack DLC

Well, since my rating in GTS got smacked up, booted up ACC. Jumped in a multiplayer room at Zandvoort. Felt so weird.

Love having the damage on. Players going off at the same spots, trying to learn the track. As the race starts, no punting. Just players going off. After my first off, I dialled it back. Setting my fastest laps each lap.

Lapped traffic. Love how they don't ghost. Even those players were respectful. Can't really block on this track, as it's narrow already.

I finished 3rd, about half a lap behind P1 & P2. Really need the GT4 cars.

Bought it, haven't tried it yet though. I'm scared that after driving this, I can't go back to GT Sport anymore. ACC already ruined the Gr.3 cars, and I bet this will ruin the Gr.4 cars for me as well :lol: Price wise, I'm surprised it's more expensive than the IGTC pack. You would think making 4 large tracks would cost more than 10 cars. I'm guessing car licences are more expensive than track ones.

One thing I'd love to try with the GT4 cars is lower downforce all the way and raised ride height to maximum, to make it as close as possible to their road counterparts. Just to get a feel of how ACC physics might behave with road cars in a hypothetical "AC2" ;)
I remember Kunos saying tracks were really expensive with not much profit to be made, especially when the game has been out a while as player base drops. Maybe their plan was to make tracks cheaper and accessible to more people and recoup some profit from cars? Still bloddy cheap compared to what the same price gets you in rocket league. My mates have spent loads on that.

Bought it, haven't tried it yet though. I'm scared that after driving this, I can't go back to GT Sport anymore. ACC already ruined the Gr.3 cars, and I bet this will ruin the Gr.4 cars for me as well :lol: Price wise, I'm surprised it's more expensive than the IGTC pack. You would think making 4 large tracks would cost more than 10 cars. I'm guessing car licences are more expensive than track ones.

One thing I'd love to try with the GT4 cars is lower downforce all the way and raised ride height to maximum, to make it as close as possible to their road counterparts. Just to get a feel of how ACC physics might behave with road cars in a hypothetical "AC2" ;)

I stopped GTS after the 4th physics update, which killed it for me. And then discovering how good the original AC was on the Playstation meant there was no going back. Now that I'm fully PC'd up I haven't turned on the PS4 in months.

So, yeah, you're right to be scared in a sense, but don't think of it as losing GTS, think of it as gaining something so much more rewarding.

i duno but the new update ****ed 🤬 my pc . before the new patch i could play without any issues but with the new update the game freezes when i enter online races and i am struggling even in the menus

i duno but the new update ****ed 🤬 my pc . before the new patch i could play without any issues but with the new update the game freezes when i enter online races and i am struggling even in the menus

Have you tried validating the files? I was running into issues (in my case the game wouldn't even start) as well after the update and doing that solved my problem.

First impressions after driving most of the new GT4 cars:

This is probably the most fun I've had driving on a sim. After using aggressive setups, most of the GT4s feel absolutely brilliant to drive and are distinguishable. The Ginetta is arguably one of the best cars I've driven, feels so planted and realistic. The Alpine is so nimble, it feels like a kart. The BMW and Porsche will probably appeal to the masses, as they're easier to drive and provide good fun. The Maserati sounds incredible, albeit wants you off the circuit due to no TC and ABS - definitely the most difficult.

A pro GT4 driver has told me he tested cars he's driven in real life: McLaren, Mercedes, Ginetta and BMW. He said they're all mint and feel better than iRacing.

My only criticisms are: The KTM X-Bow feels rather odd and not how I imagine it to handle in the real world. Due to the weight distribution, Kunos mentioned they had to make a number of changes for BoP to be actually balanced - could be the reason. Some of the cars appear to have more downforce than required, being more forgiving than their real counterparts.

For those wondering about the price, it's not even two dollars, euros, pounds etc per car, bearing in mind that 11 cars is the price of 1.5 cars on iRacing, and they arguably drive just as well, if not better, thanks to the superior tyre model.
Trust me, you won't regret your purchase.
First impressions after driving most of the new GT4 cars:

This is probably the most fun I've had driving on a sim. After using aggressive setups, most of the GT4s feel absolutely brilliant to drive and are distinguishable. The Ginetta is arguably one of the best cars I've driven, feels so planted and realistic. The Alpine is so nimble, it feels like a kart. The BMW and Porsche will probably appeal to the masses, as they're easier to drive and provide good fun. The Maserati sounds incredible, albeit wants you off the circuit due to no TC and ABS - definitely the most difficult.

A pro GT4 driver has told me he tested cars he's driven in real life: McLaren, Mercedes, Ginetta and BMW. He said they're all mint and feel better than iRacing.

My only criticisms are: The KTM X-Bow feels rather odd and not how I imagine it to handle in the real world. Due to the weight distribution, Kunos mentioned they had to make a number of changes for BoP to be actually balanced - could be the reason. Some of the cars appear to have more downforce than required, being more forgiving than their real counterparts.

For those wondering about the price, it's not even two dollars, euros, pounds etc per car, bearing in mind that 11 cars is the price of 1.5 cars on iRacing, and they arguably drive just as well, if not better, thanks to the superior tyre model.
Trust me, you won't regret your purchase.

Yes would agree so immersive and you can feel each car is different.Actually the KTM is my favourite and Camaro ugly though it is a close second.

Found that the traction control on 3 setting for the KTM balanced the handling well.

BMW and Porsche least favourite but shows everyone has differing opinions and there is a car for everyone.
Superb addition to ACC.

Really liking this DLC, driving the Cayman and Camaro the most right now, the McLaren is great no some tracks like Hungary though.

OK finally had a bit of time to test GT4. Went with alphabetical order, so I tried the Alpine and then the Aston first.

First impressions are, it's definitely slower but a lot more tricky to drive than GT3. Without downforce saving your butt when you make a mistake, any wrong line or rough weight transfer movements get punished more severely. I find braking to be the trickiest - on some corners it feels you can brake much later because of the lower top speed on preceding straight, where on some corners you need to brake way more because it can't take the corner at the speeds of GT3 cars. It's very inconsistent. In terms of mid apex and corner exit, it's a bit slippier but otherwise quite similar, just slower. In the wet I find it easier to drive than GT3, but probably because the higher ride height makes it less prone to aquaplaning over the puddles.

FFB is much lighter than GT3 though, which I find it quite unnerving at first. I was tempted to up the FFB Gain but this is probably how it is in real life so I stuck to it.

Definitely a great addition to the game, and I look forward to trying the rest of the cars in the coming weeks 👍

I stopped GTS after the 4th physics update, which killed it for me. And then discovering how good the original AC was on the Playstation meant there was no going back. Now that I'm fully PC'd up I haven't turned on the PS4 in months.

So, yeah, you're right to be scared in a sense, but don't think of it as losing GTS, think of it as gaining something so much more rewarding.

I like to keep a wide repertoire of games personally, because each one has things that others don't. GT will never have AC/ACC physics, but the graphics, menu atmosphere, easy competitive online and quirky cars/fictional tracks are just something you don't get anywhere else. Also my PC isn't the best so I can't do more than 1 car on track in ACC without massive slowdowns, so it's pretty much just a hotlap simulator atm :lol:

It's just a pain having to drive "downgraded" physics whenever I boot up GT. But that's the price you pay for a mass market sim I suppose.

Last edited:
FFB is much lighter than GT3 though, which I find it quite unnerving at first. I was tempted to up the FFB Gain but this is probably how it is in real life so I stuck to it.
Power steering on GT4's are much stronger, the GT4's are heavier than GT3's.

Also my PC isn't the best so I can't do more than 1 car on track in ACC without massive slowdowns, so it's pretty much just a hotlap simulator atm :lol:

Is it possible to get more ram speed out of your PC? that's the deal breaker when it comes to AI cars on ACC. You need to do whatever you can to get more ram speed.

Power steering on GT4's are much stronger, the GT4's are heavier than GT3's.

Ah didn't know that, thanks. I was thinking the lighter feeling is more due to lesser downforce on the GT4s.

Is it possible to get more ram speed out of your PC? that's the deal breaker when it comes to AI cars on ACC. You need to do whatever you can to get more ram speed.

Nope. When I say PC, I'm actually using a gaming laptop sorry :lol: It's got 8GB RAM which meets the minimum requirements, but I've already turned everything to Low/Off and 720p and I'm still not getting smooth performance when other cars are on track. It is what it is. I race on consoles, and hotlap on PC.

D
Will come in autumn just like the PC version..

Meanwhile, console versions aren't crap,need some fixes,yes.
But amazing SIM worth the 40€ for sure even with the 30fps.

Disagree. It doesn't matter how good the physics engine is, with 30fps and rubbish graphics, it's unplayable coming from GT Sport, Dirt 2.0 or any other descent racing game.

I played my copy once and traded it for F1 2020. Couldn't be happier

D

Disagree. It doesn't matter how good the physics engine is, with 30fps and rubbish graphics, it's unplayable coming from GT Sport, Dirt 2.0 or any other descent racing game.

Last update maked framepacing improvements and on PRO it's quite like the first AC near 60fps now.
On base ps4 it was up to 45 fps since launch and didn't get any problems, smooth 30fps very playable.(more what I've expected)

Graphics aren't an issue for me personally, always been secondary for me, I give more attention to FFB, phisycs , sensations ,AI .

And I also play DiRT Rally, Dirt Rally 2, the 2 Pcars, first AC and fully enjoy all of them... the only game that didn't hook me this gen is GT SPORT...nice graphics, good fps...but dull FFB,real bad AI, bad penalty system, bad private lobbies with bugs not fixed since day one.

F1, the last one I've played is 2018, fun games for a while,but don't see myself buying one each year.

Enjoy your F1 2020 , meanwhile me and others enjoy ACC one of the only pure sims that's been ported to consoles.:cheers:

D

ACC Running at 60fps on console, with perfectly good graphics and quite frankly absurdly good physics and FFB.

Last update maked framepacing improvements and on PRO it's quite like the first AC near 60fps now.
On base ps4 it was up to 45 fps since launch and didn't get any problems, smooth 30fps very playable.(more what I've expected)

Graphics aren't an issue for me personally, always been secondary for me, I give more attention to FFB, phisycs , sensations ,AI .

And I also play DiRT Rally, Dirt Rally 2, the 2 Pcars, first AC and fully enjoy all of them... the only game that didn't hook me this gen is GT SPORT...nice graphics, good fps...but dull FFB,real bad AI, bad penalty system, bad private lobbies with bugs not fixed since day one.

F1, the last one I've played is 2018, fun games for a while,but don't see myself buying one each year.

Enjoy your F1 2020 , meanwhile me and others enjoy ACC one of the only pure sims that's been ported to consoles.:cheers:

Well done legend. Luckily I get out to the track every now and then for real, so when it comes to gaming I'm on the controller so graphics and framerate are essential

Well done legend. Luckily I get out to the track every now and then for real, so when it comes to gaming I'm on the controller so graphics and framerate are essential

What has to do real trackdays and karting (do it also from time to time) with gaming "Legend"?

In racing games I'm on wheel,just more immersive and natural than with a controller.
Graphics whise, ACC isn't top,but isn't bad,but it's secondary for me, just prefer that phisycs, FFB, AI, immersion, multiplayer works as intended and give a good time while playing.

Framerates wise,like said above and what @Scaff showed it's more than improved.

You don't like it on a controller, good, you have other games to play, that's diversity "legend":cheers:

Meanwhile I prefer ACC instead GTS x1000 even with 30fps:cheers:

And sure, nothing is as real live trackdays, but meanwhile an rig with a wheel and pedals,a good SIM is just cheaper.
But still don't understand what real life has to do with gaming, framerate and graphics :lol:

What has to do real trackdays and karting (do it also from time to time) with gaming "Legend"?

In racing games I'm on wheel,just more immersive and natural than with a controller.
Graphics whise, ACC isn't top,but isn't bad,but it's secondary for me, just prefer that phisycs, FFB, AI, immersion, multiplayer works as intended and give a good time while playing.

Framerates wise,like said above and what @Scaff showed it's more than improved.

You don't like it on a controller, good, you have other games to play, that's diversity "legend":cheers:

Meanwhile I prefer ACC instead GTS x1000 even with 30fps:cheers:

And sure, nothing is as real live trackdays, but meanwhile an rig with a wheel and pedals,a good SIM is just cheaper.
But still don't understand what real life has to do with gaming, framerate and graphics :lol:

More the fact that gaming is supposed to be fun. I love realism as much as the next sim racer, but some concessions in the name of fun are perfectly acceptable. Crappy vraphics and framerate are not. In fact, framerate is super important when it comes to realism if you ask me, as its closer to real life.

So yeah, there's a pretty clear link between real life and gaming, since one seeks to simulate the other.

More the fact that gaming is supposed to be fun. I love realism as much as the next sim racer, but some concessions in the name of fun are perfectly acceptable. Crappy vraphics and framerate are not. In fact, framerate is super important when it comes to realism if you ask me, as its closer to real life.

So yeah, there's a pretty clear link between real life and gaming, since one seeks to simulate the other.

What's fun for me can be the opposite for you.

ACC is fun and immersive for me, great AI racing and some good online racing in dedicated servers when you have leveled your SA rating.

I wouldn't say that ACC has crappy graphics,it's even better than Pcars 2 at night and rain were resolution go really Down and AA get a hit on base consoles.
ACC is correct on graphics, some good details and effects as sunset, wet track effects with the Racing line getting dry

I also prefer 60fps, and even more 120fps .

But since launch it was really playable even on standard PS4, with going up to 45fps ,now in patch 1.03 it's more fluid than before and on PRO it's near 60fps having dynamic weather and day-night cycle (GTS don't even has it) so great to have endurance races

The first project cars had more framerate dips and stutter than ACC right now , making for me personally ACC more enjoyable.

From real life it's impossible to "simulate" right now a blinding sun, fear factor, car g forces , immersion and view (you can get near with VR, but if you find ACC graphics "crappy" , don't test VR on PS)

So i prefer good laser scaned track, good phisycs engine, good tyre simulation , good sounds (ACC is the best sounding car game on console for me sincerely) and good FFB with a good AI and good working online, that's a good link between real life and gaming also trying to simulate aspects of real life GT3 racing.

But yeah...you played only once the game,and didn't even give to it an real opportunity

Don't try Rfactor 2 and iracing either, cause for sure they will be crappy graphics games for your standards also.

Have a nice day

ACC is fun and immersive for me, great AI racing and some good online racing in dedicated servers when you have leveled your SA rating.

I wouldn't say that ACC has crappy graphics,it's even better than Pcars 2 at night and rain were resolution go really Down and AA get a hit on base consoles.
ACC is correct on graphics, some good details and effects as sunset, wet track effects with the Racing line getting dry

But since launch it was really playable even on standard PS4, with going up to 45fps ,now in patch 1.03 it's more fluid than before and on PRO it's near 60fps having dynamic weather and day-night cycle (GTS don't even has it) so great to have endurance races

The first project cars had more framerate dips and stutter than ACC right now , making for me personally ACC more enjoyable.

From real life it's impossible to "simulate" right now a blinding sun, fear factor, car g forces , immersion and view (you can get near with VR, but if you find ACC graphics "crappy" , don't test VR on PS)

So i prefer good laser scaned track, good phisycs engine, good tyre simulation , good sounds (ACC is the best sounding car game on console for me sincerely) and good FFB with a good AI and good working online, that's a good link between real life and gaming also trying to simulate aspects of real life GT3 racing.

But yeah...you played only once the game,and didn't even give to it an real opportunity

Don't try Rfactor 2 and iracing either, cause for sure they will be crappy graphics games for your standards also.

Have a nice day
Spot on

Have a nice day

Have played both and they're amazing, high and consistent frame rate. I don't disagree that ACC has amazing physics, AI and sound, but like I said the frame rate ruined it for me.

I think it would make a great PS5 title. They probably should have just waited 6 months and developed it for PS5 instead. Imagine that physics engine, AI and sound with beautiful graphics at 120fps!

Finally finished trying out all the GT4 cars. My personal rating (based on feel, not laptimes) as below:

Good - M4, Ginetta, 570S
Ok - Aston, Camaro, KTM, AMG, Cayman
Ugh - Alpine, Audi, Maserati

I have a lot of difficulty driving the MR GT4 cars compared to the GT3 counterparts. The weight shifts are a lot more severe and without the downforce helping it's quite lairy. I'm sure good drivers can utilise the Alpine and Audi well, but not me. The Maserati is just a boat, and it doesn't even have TCS/ABS so driving in the rain is impossible. Both in GT3 and GT4, McLaren makes my favourite cars (720S and 570S). A testament to how well sorted the base cars are. Would be interesting to have a Ferrari GT4 because the GT3 model is also one of my favourites.

The British track pack can't come soon enough :D

Back