Assetto Corsa | DLCs' | Porsche Pack (1-3) DLC

• Thread starter EmArA
  • 306 comments

What is (are) your favourite car(s) in the Tripl3 Pack?

• Audi A1 S1

• Ferrari 488 GTB

• Ferrari FXX K

• Praga R1

Results are only viewable after voting.
Crashed out probably 10 times, including once in the third last corner:ouch:, but finally made a lap around the Nordschleife in the 250F 6 cyl. What an incredible car on an incredible track!!! I'm uploading a video if it but it'll take a while with my slow internet. I'd pay 10 bucks for this car alone:cheers:

Early "standard" version of the 250F from my childhood:

latest

New "premium" version:sly::
O_JiIvBwWQvd-FEpvm2LzrPBnZoB-a22jBbhXkyzSD4dazKGFMAQeEbSA18rnkdZt4NjK2b8xT_xRW98R622bPSjrlaDj4CuJDyRe4iszY25WgfRYOndK4HqB3FyLX3EGU9UXE9CSiuF1x5LVxSrBMQG--Y2JehndL3LOGKz0OyJv4hmumH_zZXLIzJcxYQW8z1HWPytdGJl9ZmHJ3RRZ-rct9R8CQYlvwdMpDHRDVjFgvna9j6AnRjEUzXPAxg6S-dEIpKatBY_yZAC6UHSRmIrzd6ExntNyPGkwFkhIpd5dEMUEukX2STM2_E-KpdWjTPxTW1ErTaUeyJ9kYIM2SRSX4FHkZXyvDrLFJje03FN4jKibbnrQi2f0ECCiO3ubEUjX8GeXRPjudLugddkxpEBRK7brBhYuvaTIMxElFWuqlWdiY1wA5YB8AphtgsfwJZ-BoGuh2cG1_LWvdin3bbTK3H0oBT7RJr5TNo3PY1xtNiVXvZWaLI-2NfOocWBrlh_5rofvwtk5M417Rlm_FDV9JGOuTLTx3MefKwGyGfd3G9yNsou-xwjBZ_Oes1EYFYYkPfbhzAssnPamKOdUI-unZ_uCyY=w1590-h894-no

For Kunos:
You win the internet.jpg

Did a little video of the Ferrari F138, not a spectacular lap by any means and the default setup is hopeless for this track, but wanted to get a video up quickly. Onboard is at 1min 20s.

Honestly the car is really fun, quite easy to get to grips with and predictable, very stable rear end at high speed and it takes to bumps pretty well, a little bit tricky at low speeds and the turning lock made it almost impossible to get around the hairpin at Monaco when I tried, but overall great. I hope they take a look at the steering lock since all the other F1 cars (SF15 included) easily make it around that hairpin and the F138 is like trying to steer an oil tanker around it.

F1 cars use a specific steering system for Monaco mate.

I'm looking forward to buy this title for the PS4. I mean, only the 488 GT3 makes it worth it.

F1 cars use a specific steering system for Monaco mate.

It's an issue only with the F138 though, every other F1 car or F1 car mod has no issues with the corner, i'd say I'm 2 seconds a lap slower because of that one corner, where as in the SF15 I can do it with room to spare and no time lost. Wouldn't be unreasonable to have an option to switch the steering rack for tighter circuits, though it's strange that the F138 is the single and only car in the sim to have this issue.

It's an issue only with the F138 though, every other F1 car or F1 car mod has no issues with the corner, i'd say I'm 2 seconds a lap slower because of that one corner, where as in the SF15 I can do it with room to spare and no time lost. Wouldn't be unreasonable to have an option to switch the steering rack for tighter circuits, though it's strange that the F138 is the single and only car in the sim to have this issue.
Have you written up a bug/request on the Kunos official forum asking for more lock?

Have you written up a bug/request on the Kunos official forum asking for more lock?

I don't think it can be called a bug, I've mentioned the issue on the AC forums yes, but in one of the discussion threads and not formally with a bug thread. I'm sure they have their hands full fixing other bugs and issues right now that an issue with a car at an unsupported/unofficial track is not going to be high on their priority list.

Judging by RSR, not a lot of people seem to run Monaco since I have the lap record on every car I've driven, often cases by a large margin, which would indicate at least that RSR users barely even touch it. So really this is an issue that nobody else is going to pick up on until a more mainstream version of Monaco is made available.

The one I run I believe is a Codemasters rip with some work done to it.

Is there much performance difference between the 250F 6cyl and 12cyl? Does the extra weight make itself known all the time?
I checked last night and it's still early of course but there was about a 4 second difference at the Red Bull Ring in favor of the 12 cylinder on RSR Live Timing.

that lap at nordschleife looked a handful!

anyone who has used the sf15t or f138, are they as agile as real life? by that i mean, can you aggressively flip them from one side of the track to the other like they can in real life? i know the formula 1 car in pcars was incredibly lazy and delayed, which is why i ask.

After many fails I finally completed a lap in the 250F 6 cylinder at the Nordschleife with a decent pace. What an absolute thrill:):):):):

That was my first choice too yesterday, spend an hour with it immediately. It's hot here in the south so imagine the sweat having to countersteer all the time even in 4th gear!

Great car and you feel the car going in the wheel quite smoothly so you can drift nicely with it.
The 12c is faster and a bit easier to drive than the 6c.

Console release day seems so far away after watching an hour of Red Pack footage.
9 months and 9 patch in to Project Cars from the day of release I stopped playing BIG BUGGY Project Cars in the month January .
Me and my steering wheel are impatiently waiting for a new challenge .
By the way ........ the 250F seems to be a fun car to drive .

Last edited:
So let's talk about the SF15-T for a moment.

Lovely bit of kit. Goes exactly where you put it, is incredibly responsive, and there's just enough torque in the lower gears that you know not to be a fool off the line or when getting back onto things after a trip to the kitty litter.

Having said that, the sheer amount of things that are being simulated on this car - and only this car - are, as I've said elsewhere, more than a little intimidating. It isn't merely about getting to grips with the car and getting faster over the course of many laps and knowing what works; this is an entirely new level of understanding what the car can and cannot do, and there's very little that it can't or won't do.

This thing, perhaps more than any other race car I've ever driven in any game, is all about understanding your driving style; understanding your strengths and weaknesses, and then somehow translating that through the car via a mind-numbing amount of options that dynamically affect the car's performance in just about every way. I spent all of yesterday driving the car without adjusting anything largely because I don't have a button box, nor did I feel like fishing out the shifter for the G27.

I did just that not too long ago, and I have honestly never felt that a car so heavily depended on my skill set to wring the best from it. In the heat of the moment it would come across as nothing but a well-oiled machine: you drive fast; you drive even faster; energy is recovered during braking and/or coasting through the corners, and then after stringing together an otherwise competent lap you come to the realization that the SF15-T hasn't even come close to dancing around the track like it's supposed to.

The first thought, among others, is "What have I done wrong?" the answer is simple: you haven't done anything wrong. That track you thought you knew oh-so-well, the mods you thought portrayed the cars as being easy enough to get along with (and make no mistake, the SF15 is very easy to get along with), is now being challenged by something that simply demands (and outright expects) more from you. There is no conceivable way that this thing is makes it onto consoles without streamlined presets, or even an on-screen menu of sorts similar to GT5's 'Quick Tune' menu.

There's just no way. This is the most fun I've ever had being astonished at how absurdly slow a quick lap has felt. I'm going to spend a lot of time behind the wheel of this thing. A lot.

For sure the SF15-T is a bit of a monster, an alien and something entirely new compared to the 2010-2013 Era cars or anything before. It's extremely sensitive, I remember them talking about how the new cars were much more difficult to drive back in 2014 but I think we have forgotten that, this car for sure is an in your face reminder. I havent even scratched the surface with it yet really, just thrown it in hotlap and tried to go as fast as I can, but for sure it's an intimidating car.

I haven't downloaded the Red Pack yet. What other settings besides the basics (brake balance, turbo boost, DRS) can you adjust on the fly in the SF15T? Does it have different power harvesting modes like in real life as well?

I am totally in love with the 488 GT3...
The only thing i hate are the plain ugly liveries...
But soon RD will be full of custom liveries for the 488 so i dont complain too much...

Wiz

Yeah, I've read it from the other thread. Dayum this car is awesome. Complete nerd heaven :D

Surely the whole system is going to be simplified for consoles. Group them all under one button for presets (e.g. Regen, Balanced, Overtake, Hotlap).

Last edited:
For those of you like me that are still trying to get the best out of the SF15 around RBR, have a look at Massa's pole lap from 2014.

Notice that he shifts earlier at turns 3-5 for the additional traction. I was messing around with this yesterday and while it works, you'll have to be particularly sharp on corner entry else the front end will wash away. Or you'll clip too much of the rumble strip and go on a very dizzying scenic journey.

Don't ask how I know about the latter though. :P

Back