Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,012 comments
Is there a way of installing those mods withut braking the game?

if you run them trough the analyze function in Content Manager and solve all the issues, which should take about 15 seconds, no mod should ill affect your game.

@Masscot I have run GroupC and the Yellow bird and could not enjoy driving on the 1991 lemans mod, did you find a way to reduce FFB for that particular track? or are you saying you just lower your general FFB wheel setting?

if you run them trough the analyze function in Content Manager and solve all the issues, which should take about 15 seconds, no mod should ill affect your game.

Will do so. I used CM after they were installed and it didn't told me anything. The key might be to use it before they are isntalled.

Will do so. I used CM after they were installed and it didn't told me anything. The key might be to use it before they are isntalled.
It does not really matter when you use the Analyze tab in CM, the issues will not fix themselves. I have tried a few of the cars in that bunch and did not have issues.

You didn't have any of the problems I said?
No, I did not, after running the analyze function and fix the zillion issues those cars had.
Those issues would have prevented the game to launch.
One more thing, the FFB is very bad, but after using the FFB optimization function in AC ( menu on the right while on track) it works fine.

Note to the group here, would it be a good idea to test any mod we are posting a link to here, before posting and in case some repairs need to be done prior to go on track, let the group know what was done?

No, I did not, after running the analyze function and fix the zillion issues those cars had.
Those issues would have prevented the game to launch.
One more thing, the FFB is very bad, but after using the FFB optimization function in AC ( menu on the right while on track) it works fine.

Note to the group here, would it be a good idea to test any mod we are posting a link to here, before posting and in case some repairs need to be done prior to go on track, let the group know what was done?
I assumed everyone put all mods through CMs analyser before driving them. Its a good habit to get into.

Im new on downloading mods and so on. Didn't know it could generate so much trouble. Will try them next time (or at least warn if I didnt) before posting :cheers:

Talking about troubles, using some Ford GT GTE mod, the sound works on normal race modes but not in the championship mode. Just saying in case anyone else has the same problem, I've already solved it by using the Assetto Garage ford gt mod.

Hey all, I was wondering if anyone had a link to the RGT-8 GT3?
Is this in response to my recent message on Race Department..? ;)

This car was on Assettoland but then somebody on Facebook did further interior improvements to the shaders. I took a look for it but the download link seems to have been removed. Good luck finding it, it's a great car.

Is this in response to my recent message on Race Department..? ;)

This car was on Assettoland but then somebody on Facebook did further interior improvements to the shaders. I took a look for it but the download link seems to have been removed. Good luck finding it, it's a great car.

Modified mods usually been removed, sadly because it ends up on Assetto Corsa car mods. And these bastards earns money for other people's work.

Yeah, that's what I've been finding. It's a hard car to find, but then again most Assetto Garage cars are. I noted your mention of pCars conversions and I found the Ginetta G55 GT3 (not the GT4 / Supercup on RD).

BTW, the AG conversion of the Ligier JS P2 is from the rFactor 2 enduracers mod. If you want more skins for it, you can extract all of the skins from the rf2 MAS files and with a little renaming, they work perfectly.

Here's the G55 GT3, if you want it: https://openload.co/f/lgnsbJfQUB8/ginetta_g55_gt3.7z

Yeah, that's what I've been finding. It's a hard car to find, but then again most Assetto Garage cars are. I noted your mention of pCars conversions and I found the Ginetta G55 GT3 (not the GT4 / Supercup on RD).

BTW, the AG conversion of the Ligier JS P2 is from the rFactor 2 enduracers mod. If you want more skins for it, you can extract all of the skins from the rf2 MAS files and with a little renaming, they work perfectly.

Here's the G55 GT3, if you want it: https://openload.co/f/lgnsbJfQUB8/ginetta_g55_gt3.7z
is there more PCars conversion where this came from?

Heads up - I got a virus warning from the adware url that opened when I clicked the download link.
Man, every file sharing site except Mega really should be nuked from orbit.

is there more PCars conversion where this came from?

Not sure, I know Masscot was looking for pCars conversions, but I think I get all my cars the same place everyone else does.

Heads up - I got a virus warning from the adware url that opened when I clicked the download link.
Man, every file sharing site except Mega really should be nuked from orbit.

Ah, sorry - I use uBlock Origin on my browser, so I didn't know that. I try to keep stuff that I share off my mega, since I've already gotten a DMCA strike.

Last edited:
I use Race Department, this thread, the thread over at F1 Classic, and if you want to get a little sketchy, you can use the thread over at rin.

I'm in 3 Facebook groups that have a lot of great mods that are shared by their creators. They're ripped models, but the physics are pretty good.

In CM there is a a tool to compress 3d models and textures, apparently it can save a lot of disk space, is any of the big mod collector here using it?

You guys are freakin' killing me. :lol: I've been absent a couple of days and I had a handful of posts to catch up on... then I click this AC Mods thread and it says "87 new posts". :eek: :nervous:

I've been thinking about compressing my cars and/or tracks folders with Windows tool. @x4fab has been preaching that for a long time now...I first read it on his old, out dated website. I currently have 3 SSD's in this laptop and I have space for two more...I'm on the verge of having to buy another one. I knew I should have just gone with the 1TB SSD that I bought a year ago instead of the 525GB. My AC install is at 355GB right now and that's freakin' ridiculous. :lol:

I can imagine that the compress function will save a TON of space. Have you ever noticed you download a car from Mega and it's like 48mb zipped and when you unzip it's like 120mb? Graphics files are the biggest offenders and lazy modders are killing us by not using .dds files properly and not using the correct type of .dds for the task. It's the same thing with skins.

@WVStarship - Have you noticed any differences in performance since compressing your cars/tracks?

There are so many new cars & tracks to drive every time I peek my head in here...I'm going to have to remember to check GTPlanet at least once everyday like I used to. :D

@WVStarship - Have you noticed any differences in performance since compressing your cars/tracks?

There are so many new cars & tracks to drive every time I peek my head in here...I'm going to have to remember to check GTPlanet at least once everyday like I used to. :D

I can't say that things loaded any faster but the reduction in disk space was worth it to me. BUT...if you want to increase the speed of the game loading and generally performing better I strongly recommend using an SSD. I have a Samsung 860 EVO and I was absolutely shocked at how much faster the files loaded and game started after transferring from a conventional HDD. I use Content Manager and it used to take 2-3 minutes for my drive to get everything loaded and quit spinning. With the SSD the drive light flickers 2 or 3 times and it's ready. I'm talking like a couple of seconds, and I have 977 cars and 500 tracks. Finally, I use the Rift for VR and I don't think anything can help AC in that regard performance wise. Dirt Rally, RF2, pCars2, iRacing all run at a solid 90 FPS with my rig. But not AC. Thank God for the Rift's ASW!

The answer to a lot of things is an SSD but we're not made of money! :P

Yeah but

l-11595.jpg

YOLO!

:P

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back