Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,017 comments
Yeah but

l-11595.jpg

YOLO!

:P

93941.jpg

@WVStarship - Have you noticed any differences in performance since compressing your cars/tracks?

There are so many new cars & tracks to drive every time I peek my head in here...I'm going to have to remember to check GTPlanet at least once everyday like I used to. :D

I've noticed no issues whatsoever either with the tracks and cars folders being compressed.

The compression isn't repeated when you add new files, so it's worth re-running it every so often given the rate we seem to add mod content to AC!

I saved about 50% of the space used

I've just donated and received content manager.
It works great but there's no menu music.
I don't see any audio settings am I missing something?

I've just donated and received content manager.
It works great but there's no menu music.
I don't see any audio settings am I missing something?

There's no menu music in Content Manager. Don't think there's any in vanilla AC either?

There's no menu music in Content Manager. Don't think there's any in vanilla AC either?

Ah the official YouTube video for content manager has Gran Turismo 5 UI music playing.
Many comments below the video applauded the menu music.

Would be awesome although I can imagine some copyright infringement going on.
Thanks for clearing that up Brandon.

Ah the official YouTube video for content manager has Gran Turismo 5 UI music playing.
Many comments below the video applauded the menu music.

Would be awesome although I can imagine some copyright infringement going on.
Thanks for clearing that up Brandon.

That's probably just background music for the video

You can always just have your own music on in the background anyways

MUeKXrI

maxresdefault.jpg

https://assettocorsa-land.wixsite.com/assettoland/alfa-romeo
I tried this mod from Assettoland and Holy **** the acceleration on this thing is out of this world. Crashed on the first corner of a Hillclimb because of it lol

I highly recommend this car. It is from CIRaceonline so a qualitiy mod in general.
What a start into the day: Assettoland is back and the first car I try is a instant top 10 cars to drive for me.:bowdown:

Last edited:
EDIT
Wusel was talking about the 4C and I talked about the 8C GT3, so all my apologies to him, I was completely wrong ! :-(((
By the way, I will try the 4C.

----------------------------------------------------------------

I downloaded it on another site (5 days ago) and tried it after I saw your comment. ;-)
It's a very good mod for sure, not an overboosted one in my opinion but... I was on Silverstone GP, not a hillclimb ! ;-)

The sounds (internal and external) are really good, textures are good, FFB is good and physics seems "logical" to me.
I never done a personal "Top 10" but this mod is very well done, as Wusel said and I will keep it with pleasure.

Thank to Wusel for remind us/me this car ! :cheers:

Alfa Romeo 8C GT3
https://assettocorsa-land.wixsite.com/assettoland/alfa-romeo

Last edited:
I downloaded it on another site (5 days ago) and tried it after I saw your comment. ;-)
It's a very good mod for sure, not an overboosted one in my opinion but... I was on Silverstone GP, not a hillclimb ! ;-)

The sounds (internal and external) are really good, textures are good, FFB is good and physics seems "logical" to me.
I never done a personal "Top 10" but this mod is very well done, as Wusel said and I will keep it with pleasure.

Thank to Wusel for remind us/me this car ! :cheers:

no problem. The real MVP is assettoland (as always):D

The signature in the archive was... Assetto Land and I wondered AL will be back soon seeing their logo. ;-)
By the way, I always replace their logo by the original brand... or make a new one wich will be more lovely or accurate.

I do the same for other mods, I like to get a pretty game if It's in my little skills.

I've noticed no issues whatsoever either with the tracks and cars folders being compressed.

The compression isn't repeated when you add new files, so it's worth re-running it every so often given the rate we seem to add mod content to AC!

I saved about 50% of the space used
I looked in the CM settings but I cannot find where to activate the compression.

Subaru Impreza GrA
Based on Subaru Impreza shared by shokeus Schangele
rework :
skin texture
light texture
rearwing from subaru 22B
tyre texture
shader
plate texture
mirror bug corrected

add damage texture
add dust texture
add moveable object damage
add co-pilot

rework physics
suspension
brakes
turbo pressure
tyres
drivetrain

http://www.mediafire.com/file/skz1eua5cxi85cx/subaru_GrA.zip

the mod is good as is except for the FFB that needs to be tuned down with the Kunos FFB tuning app ( in the in game apps menu on the right)

And a track to try it on. it is a good track

A Steven Troy s conversion from dirt rally!

https://mega.nz/#!kHICHIRI!euQ4K86VsdCFmH5Bsy7E6qZG1t_xVVdrPI62mkUo4Go

@WVStarship , tools? I looked but cannot find "tools" in my CM

DD234A7486E02284B811091E7CB74BE6DC599F46

Last edited:
CM is so good that I cant understand why Kunos has not tried (if they havent tried already...) to hire them. I think they even did a better job with the UI and gaming features than Kunos...

The solving mod issues tool, how they explain what every graphic setting does, how it manages the content...

I can't say that things loaded any faster but the reduction in disk space was worth it to me. BUT...if you want to increase the speed of the game loading and generally performing better I strongly recommend using an SSD. I have a Samsung 860 EVO and I was absolutely shocked at how much faster the files loaded and game started after transferring from a conventional HDD. I use Content Manager and it used to take 2-3 minutes for my drive to get everything loaded and quit spinning. With the SSD the drive light flickers 2 or 3 times and it's ready. I'm talking like a couple of seconds, and I have 977 cars and 500 tracks. Finally, I use the Rift for VR and I don't think anything can help AC in that regard performance wise. Dirt Rally, RF2, pCars2, iRacing all run at a solid 90 FPS with my rig. But not AC. Thank God for the Rift's ASW!
Thanks for the response. I'll have to try using the compression immediately. As far as SSD's go... That's all I have in my computer. Three SSDs. A 525gb, 256gb & 250gb. It's so nice not having to hear HDDs spinning. The file server, on the other hand, is spin city with all those platter drives. Two 1TB, two 3TB, one 6TB & five 8TB drives. Ugh...I need to hit the lottery. :boggled:

CM is so good that I cant understand why Kunos has not tried (if they havent tried already...) to hire them. I think they even did a better job with the UI and gaming features than Kunos...

The solving mod issues tool, how they explain what every graphic setting does, how it manages the content...
Oh, please God... NO! We do not want Kunos to hire Ilja (the creatore of CM). Right now CM is his baby and he can do whatever he wants to it whenever he wants. He can add new features that Kunos probably wouldn't allow like the Replace Tire & Replace Sound. Thankfully, Kunos lets him slide on that and still host a thread on their website. Anyway, we do not want Kunos sinking their claws into our hero @x4fab. Never. NEVER! NEVER!!! :D

@WVStarship , tools? I looked but cannot find "tools" in my CM

Do you have the paid version? I do and perhaps this feature is only in the full version. In any event:

In the top right of the CM screen there should be options "Drive, Lap Times, Results, Media, Content, Settings, About". Click on "Content".

Then, look at the upper left of the screen. The options should be "Cars, Tracks, Miscellaneous, Mods, Tools, Mod Shop". If you see that click on "Tools".
There will then be 5 boxes. The 4th box from the left is "Compress Files". There is a launch button in that box. Press the button and the tool will scan your files and show you a list of what it can compress. There are 3 types of compression; I've always chosen the one that CM recommends.

Hope this helps.

Do you have the paid version? I do and perhaps this feature is only in the full version. In any event:

In the top right of the CM screen there should be options "Drive, Lap Times, Results, Media, Content, Settings, About". Click on "Content".

Then, look at the upper left of the screen. The options should be "Cars, Tracks, Miscellaneous, Mods, Tools, Mod Shop". If you see that click on "Tools".
There will then be 5 boxes. The 4th box from the left is "Compress Files". There is a launch button in that box. Press the button and the tool will scan your files and show you a list of what it can compress. There are 3 types of compression; I've always chosen the one that CM recommends.

Hope this helps.
Thank you, yes I have the full CM, now I should find it, I was searching in settings.:boggled:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back