Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,011 comments
Is that GT Sport footage?
Edit: ooh, just read the YouTube description: Video Produced by Assetto Corsa Racing Simulator

EXCITE!
The same as you love that beautiful Toyota GT3, I would really love to see the Aston Martin Vantage 2018 GTE in Assetto. That car is sooo pretty.

D10C14DEE2AAD1762A16EC03C57069DAADA493D8

:bowdown::bowdown::eek::eek::D:D

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of Historic Simracing... a fully polished and updated AC Legends GT Classic 2.0 mod

35409337_465844857205001_6961720053523808256_o.jpg

Thanks to lots of help from the AC modding community we were able to create another extensive update for the AC Legends GT mod. Although every car has completely different handling, balance and character, the power to weight ratio’s is pretty equal, resulting in close laptimes and –racing.

- Small Block Hero (models, textures)
- DrDoomslab (models, rescaling, textures/ AO and all the little details)
- Mac Ten (models, textures)
- Bazza (physics)

Thanks to DrDoomslab we were able to do a full restauration of the models and really make them shine. All scaling is now properly done, as are driver animations/positions.

In addition to that, we polished the physics (updated suspensions for all cars with live rear axles and
a rebuilt for the BMW CSL (now fitted with proper rear semi trailing arm suspension). All cars received higher damper rates and a bit sharper tires with more lateral grip, resulting in more racey behaviour. Besides that, the Ferrari 365 got a complete visual make over from Mac Ten. New sounds for the BMW, Capri, Ferrari and Nissan.
All models got better aerodynamic balance for even better close online (leauge) racing. Most cars now can lap within 0.5 sec, depending on track conditions.

Changelog:
- All cars have improved tires with more lateral grip and raised damper rates for more stability.
- All driver positions are fixed.
- All models have been polished + AO maps. All scaling issues are solved.
- Extensive make over of the Ferrari 365GTB by Mac Ten.

Physics:
- 911 RSR: adjusted roll centers, engine +15hp and 10Nm
- BMW CSL: new sounds, rebuilt suspension (rear semi trailing arms) and tweaked aero
- Ford Capri: new sounds, rebuilt suspension (improved rear live axle)
- Corvette 67: rebuilt suspension (improved rear live axle)
- Corvette 69: rebuilt suspension (improved rear live axle)
- Ferrari 365: adjusted roll centers
- Nissan GTR: new sounds, adjusted roll centers, improved aero
- Pantera: adjusted roll centers and improved aero.
- Porsche 906: adjusted roll centers.
- Daytona: only better tires.

Note: You need the Porsche DLC 1 to install the Porsche RSR (See instructions in included PDF release notes)

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/kczzrxaj2oab5va/Assetto+Legends+GT+Classic+2.0+by+Bazza.rar

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!RELEASED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the love of Historic Simracing... a fully polished and updated AC Legends GT Classic 2.0 mod

35409337_465844857205001_6961720053523808256_o.jpg
looks great, looking forward to try those on the today update of Lemans_2017 at Race Departement

Last edited:
Nice update with the GT Legends. I don't necessarily think those cars always have the more realistic physics (although I've never personally driven any of those cars), but they do balance the cars well and each model has it's own personality which makes the total package awesome to use. I'm just downloading that update now, so perhaps the physics will be a bit better in this update. Thanks for the link Masscot.

What track is that in your dark photo @Cote Dazur?

https://racedepartment.com/download...st-motorsport-blancpain-endurance-2018.21609/

This is one hell of a mod. Not only is the first one I know that has all the lighting from the real Blancpain Series (lighted-up side door panels, LED stripes and car number at the top corner), but it´s the best BMW M6 GT3 mod I´ve found, regardless of the AssettoGarage one.

The link is to donwload one skin. If you want the car (the skin doesn´t work with other M6 GT3 mods), you might join the Facebook group and once you´ve done it, that´s all. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Cheers guys!

So yeah, I really have to get CM now. I survived for this long without it, but I have so many mods now, that the stock laucher bricked the game while loading cara metadata

https://racedepartment.com/download...st-motorsport-blancpain-endurance-2018.21609/

This is one hell of a mod. Not only is the first one I know that has all the lighting from the real Blancpain Series (lighted-up side door panels, LED stripes and car number at the top corner), but it´s the best BMW M6 GT3 mod I´ve found, regardless of the AssettoGarage one.

The link is to download one skin. If you want the car (the skin doesn´t work with other M6 GT3 mods), you might join the Facebook group and once you´ve done it, that´s all. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Cheers guys!
Thanks for sharing. I hope I enjoy this BMW M6 GT3. I've tried different releases and I never really got on with any of them. Comparing them with the awesome GT3 cars from Kunos was eye opening. And, I probably re-downloaded the same M6 GT3 from different places not knowing I've already tried that version. I really, really, really wish more modders would start putting their names, version number & main URL for the car (like their RD overview page of the mod) in the appropriate locations of the car's JSON file. Obviously, using CM would be the easiest and quickest way to add those three bits of information. It would make things so much freakin' easier...especially when you have a gazillion g'damn cars in the garage like most of us probably do. :lol: 👍 :cheers:

I just learned something new about Content Manager. You guys probably already knew this, but it blew me away even though it's just a simple little feature in CM.

Go into Settings > Assetto Corsa > Video

Look at all of the adjustable options available to us. If you're not sure if you want to activate an option or not, or whether you want to go low/medium/high/super-duper high with that option you can click those 3 green dots that correspond to the feature. Then, a screenshot of AC pops open and it shows you what the option would look like at the current setting. Plus, it will tell you how much of a performance hit that feature will inflict at that current setting. While you're looking at the screenshot you can click left or right (move your mouse to the edge of left or right side of screen) to cycle through the available settings. When finished you can click the check mark in the lower right corner and it will put that option on the setting you prefered. I think it's a really cool thing when trying to decide what setting to use for things like Mirrors, glare quality, etc...

Personally, I just realized that I can totally live with lowering my Shadows Resolution by one step and save a pretty good amount of processing. I have gone back and forth with activating and deactivating the Crepuscular Rays option. I always felt that must be a fairly decent performance hit. Nope. It's hardly taking any processing power when activated. Approximately 0.43%...that's it! I think that's a beautiful effect and now I don't have to worry about it, performance wise. The Glare option? Set to High is a 1.42% hit while set to Very High or Maximum are performance hits of 2.28% and 2.67%, respectfully. While there is noticeable improvement going from High to Maximum, the performance hit is way too high for very little gain, in my opinion.

Again, these percentages are approximations calculated by x4fab - so you know they are correct. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Since I got the lite version of CM for now, I've tinkered a bit with a mod. The tire compounds are a bit all over the place, and changed power.lut to kinda match to the real thing since there's no power curve available for it. It may be a tad to powerful and have a tad more torque than the real car. Please feel free to test it out and give me your thoughts. Oh and I probably need to change the transmission values.

Amuse S2000 GT1

The link is to donwload one skin. If you want the car (the skin doesn´t work with other M6 GT3 mods), you might join the Facebook group and once you´ve done it, that´s all. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. Cheers guys!
I've been waiting or this mod since it was first teased in Facebook group! I agree that this is the best M6 GT3 available for Assetto Corsa. There are 2 improvements that I would like to see in future update - better quality images in mirrors and visible (but transparent) windshield banner from cockpit view. These 2 things would provide even greater immersion for me. That said, this is a very good initial release.

Hold all my calls this weekend! FIFA World Cup, Le Mans, this M6 GT3, updated Le Sarthe track, AC Legends GT Classic 2.0 … :drool::crazy:

Are there any good Ford GT GTE mods? I have 3 and they're all woefully inaccurate. Most of them have more than 6 gears and are ridiculously too fast on the straights.

I've been waiting or this mod since it was first teased in Facebook group! I agree that this is the best M6 GT3 available for Assetto Corsa. There are 2 improvements that I would like to see in future update - better quality images in mirrors and visible (but transparent) windshield banner from cockpit view. These 2 things would provide even greater immersion for me.
Brighter brake lights would be nice as well. At the moment they are too similar to the tail light brightness so it looks like brake lights aren't even working at night.

I just learned something new about Content Manager. You guys probably already knew this, but it blew me away even though it's just a simple little feature in CM.

Look at all of the adjustable options available to us. If you're not sure if you want to activate an option or not, or whether you want to go low/medium/high/super-duper high with that option you can click those 3 green dots that correspond to the feature. Then, a screenshot of AC pops open and it shows you what the option would look like at the current setting. Plus, it will tell you how much of a performance hit that feature will inflict at that current setting. While you're looking at the screenshot you can click left or right (move your mouse to the edge of left or right side of screen) to cycle through the available settings. When finished you can click the check mark in the lower right corner and it will put that option on the setting you prefered. I think it's a really cool thing when trying to decide what setting to use for things like Mirrors, glare quality, etc...

Personally, I just realized that I can totally live with lowering my Shadows Resolution by one step and save a pretty good amount of processing. I have gone back and forth with activating and deactivating the Crepuscular Rays option. I always felt that must be a fairly decent performance hit. Nope. It's hardly taking any processing power when activated. Approximately 0.43%...that's it! I think that's a beautiful effect and now I don't have to worry about it, performance wise. The Glare option? Set to High is a 1.42% hit while set to Very High or Maximum are performance hits of 2.28% and 2.67%, respectfully. While there is noticeable improvement going from High to Maximum, the performance hit is way too high for very little gain, in my opinion.

Again, these percentages are approximations calculated by x4fab - so you know they are correct. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I did NOT know that - thanks buddy!
I normally have everything absolutely maxed but have seen performance hits with the new headlight/night mods, so this will be useful in turning a few effects down to keep things smooth. I've already realised I can drop supersampling from 1.5 to 1.2 without being able to tell the difference, and that alone makes a big difference.

Since I got the lite version of CM for now, I've tinkered a bit with a mod. The tire compounds are a bit all over the place, and changed power.lut to kinda match to the real thing since there's no power curve available for it. It may be a tad to powerful and have a tad more torque than the real car. Please feel free to test it out and give me your thoughts. Oh and I probably need to change the transmission values.

Amuse S2000 GT1
Damn. This thing is a rocket. You might want to re-evaluate your power.lut file. As it is right now your Amuse S2000 GT1 is pumping out 618hp at 8000RPM measured at the wheels!! :eek: This didn't even factor in your Turbo charger. I didn't know it was Turbo at first. If I'm reading this properly, your Turbo boost gain is very modest with a 20% increase in Torque. I'm not very good with calculating Turbo's into my engine building. So I'm not exactly positive how to take that into account when building a power.lut for cars with a turbo or two. :lol:

This is your power.lut file with horsepower calculated at the wheels:

Code:
0|300            Not sure how to figure this one out.  :-)
500|321            (022.5404 hp)
1000|339        (047.6087 hp)
1500|372        (078.3648 hp)
2000|408        (114.5980 hp)
2500|426        (149.5673 hp)
3000|444        (187.0645 hp)
3500|468        (230.0387 hp)
4000|499        (280.3158 hp)
4500|528        (333.6826 hp)
5000|569        (399.5483 hp)
5500|583        (450.3170 hp)
6000|610          (514.0059 hp)  (518 Nm of Torque instead of 610 Nm when calculating a 15% drivetrain power loss at the wheels)
6500|600        (547.7113 hp)   (510 Nm of Torque instead of 600 Nm ... blah...blah...blah...)
7000|581        (571.1645 hp)
7500|562        (591.9495 hp)
8000|550        (617.9306 hp)
8300|450        (524.5389 hp)
8500|350        (417.8054 hp)
9000|200        (252.7898 hp)  
9250|5            (006.4953 hp)

We need to create our power.lut files with drivetrain loss calculated into the Torque values. I've heard a 10%-20% power loss is common with the modders based on real life data, of course. Some cars are going to be more efficient than others - I usually use 15% because it's an easy percentage to figure out. :lol: But, I've also used 13% a few times.

Code:
6000|610         (514.0059 hp)  (518 Nm of Torque instead of 610 Nm when calculating a 15% drivetrain power loss at the wheels)
6500|600        (547.7113 hp)   (510 Nm of Torque instead of 600 Nm ... blah...blah...blah...)

6000 RPM will now be pumping out 436hp instead of 514hp.  6500 RPM will produce 466hp.  And actually those hp numbers should be a little lower as I forgot about the freakin' Turbo!  Grrrrr  Oh well...I don't think I could be of much help in that department.
It's crazy how much of a pain in the ass it is to create a car's Torque curve. :lol:

Just for kicks, here is the power.lut file from the Ferrari F40:
Code:
0|100
500|116
1000|140
1500|155
2000|160
2500|165
3000|170
3500|213
4000|228
4500|221
5000|217
5500|213
6000|206
6500|202
7000|193
7500|186
8000|169
8500|153
8750|142
9000|0
Surprisingly low numbers, eh? Again, that's with the drivetrain loss calculated into those values. And we know that a lot of the F40's power comes from two Turbo Chargers. Some :
Code:
[TURBO_0]
LAG_DN=0.985 ; Interpolation lag used slowing down the turbo
LAG_UP=0.9965 ; Interpolation lag used to spin up the turbo
MAX_BOOST=1.000 ; Maximum boost generated regardless of wastegate.. This value is never exceeded and multiply the torque like T=T*(1.0 + boost), so a boost of 2 will give you 3 times the torque at a given rpm.
WASTEGATE=0.580                ; Max level of boost before the wastegate does its things. 0 = no wastegate
DISPLAY_MAX_BOOST=0.580        ; Value used by display apps
REFERENCE_RPM=3600 ; The reference rpm where the turbo reaches maximum boost (at max gas pedal).
GAMMA=5
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0

[TURBO_1]
LAG_UP=0.9965; Interpolation lag used to spin up the turbo
MAX_BOOST=1.000 ; Maximum boost generated regardless of wastegate.. This value is never exceeded and multiply the torque like T=T*(1.0 + boost), so a boost of 2 will give you 3 times the torque at a given rpm.
WASTEGATE=0.580                ; Max level of boost before the wastegate does its things. 0 = no wastegate
REFERENCE_RPM=3600 ; The reference rpm where the turbo reaches maximum boost (at max gas pedal).
GAMMA=5
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0

[DAMAGE]
TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD=1.6  ; level of TOTAL boost before the engine starts to take damage
TURBO_DAMAGE_K=5            ; amount of damage per second per (boost - threshold)
RPM_THRESHOLD=7900            ; RPM at which the engine starts to take damage
RPM_DAMAGE_K=3

I'm sure everybody who tried reading this post has fallen asleep by now. Sleep tight, little racers! :P :D I'm sure there must be one or two people out there who like to learn more about the innards of AC. I know I do...
I did NOT know that - thanks buddy!
I normally have everything absolutely maxed but have seen performance hits with the new headlight/night mods, so this will be useful in turning a few effects down to keep things smooth. I've already realised I can drop supersampling from 1.5 to 1.2 without being able to tell the difference, and that alone makes a big difference.
That's awesome man! I'm the same way...I want every setting maxed too and I used to keep it that way. But a lot of mod tracks are not optimized too well, like a Kunos track or a Lilski or Fat-Alfie track, so every little bit of processing power matters to me. Another way that I was surprised once I found out that feature of Content Manager. I learned I could also afford to increase at least one setting because the increase was so negligible, like 1.33 to 1.44 or something like that.

Thanks for sharing. I hope I enjoy this BMW M6 GT3. I've tried different releases and I never really got on with any of them. Comparing them with the awesome GT3 cars from Kunos was eye opening. And, I probably re-downloaded the same M6 GT3 from different places not knowing I've already tried that version. I really, really, really wish more modders would start putting their names, version number & main URL for the car (like their RD overview page of the mod) in the appropriate locations of the car's JSON file. Obviously, using CM would be the easiest and quickest way to add those three bits of information. It would make things so much freakin' easier...especially when you have a gazillion g'damn cars in the garage like most of us probably do. :lol: 👍 :cheers:

I have really bad OCD, so I notice if a mod isn't version tagged properly. This wasn't a problem back in ISImotor days. People would put the version number in the rar file, or include a readme with the file itself. But with AC mods a lot of them are pretty slapdash information wise. Often I have to use the file's Last Modified Date to know. It's hard enough to find which version it is, and their in game name/UI/badge/colours are sometimes all over the place with spelling errors here and there. Argh! If you can spend enough time creating a mod, please have some pride and make sure everything is labelled correctly too :irked:

/ocdrant

Damn. This thing is a rocket. You might want to re-evaluate your power.lut file. As it is right now your Amuse S2000 GT1 is pumping out 618hp at 8000RPM measured at the wheels!! :eek: This didn't even factor in your Turbo charger. I didn't know it was Turbo at first. If I'm reading this properly, your Turbo boost gain is very modest with a 20% increase in Torque. I'm not very good with calculating Turbo's into my engine building. So I'm not exactly positive how to take that into account when building a power.lut for cars with a turbo or two. :lol:

This is your power.lut file with horsepower calculated at the wheels:

Code:
0|300            Not sure how to figure this one out.  :-)
500|321            (022.5404 hp)
1000|339        (047.6087 hp)
1500|372        (078.3648 hp)
2000|408        (114.5980 hp)
2500|426        (149.5673 hp)
3000|444        (187.0645 hp)
3500|468        (230.0387 hp)
4000|499        (280.3158 hp)
4500|528        (333.6826 hp)
5000|569        (399.5483 hp)
5500|583        (450.3170 hp)
6000|610          (514.0059 hp)  (518 Nm of Torque instead of 610 Nm when calculating a 15% drivetrain power loss at the wheels)
7000|581        (571.1645 hp)
7500|562        (591.9495 hp)
8000|550        (617.9306 hp)
8300|450        (524.5389 hp)
8500|350        (417.8054 hp)
9000|200        (252.7898 hp) 
9250|5            (006.4953 hp)

We need to create our power.lut files with drivetrain loss calculated into the Torque values. I've heard a 10%-20% power loss is common with the modders based on real life data, of course. Some cars are going to be more efficient than others - I usually use 15% because it's an easy percentage to figure out. :lol: But, I've also used 13% a few times.

Code:
6000|610         (514.0059 hp)  (518 Nm of Torque instead of 610 Nm when calculating a 15% drivetrain power loss at the wheels)

6000 RPM will now be pumping out 436hp instead of 514hp.  6500 RPM will produce 466hp.  And actually those hp numbers should be a little lower as I forgot about the freakin' Turbo!  Grrrrr  Oh well...I don't think I could be of much help in that department.
It's crazy how much of a pain in the ass it is to create a car's Torque curve. :lol:

Just for kicks, here is the power.lut file from the Ferrari F40:
Code:
0|100
500|116
1000|140
1500|155
2000|160
2500|165
3000|170
3500|213
4000|228
4500|221
5000|217
5500|213
6000|206
6500|202
7000|193
7500|186
8000|169
8500|153
8750|142
9000|0
Surprisingly low numbers, eh? Again, that's with the drivetrain loss calculated into those values. And we know that a lot of the F40's power comes from two Turbo Chargers. Some :
Code:
[TURBO_0]
LAG_UP=0.9965 ; Interpolation lag used to spin up the turbo
GAMMA=5
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0

[TURBO_1]
LAG_UP=0.9965; Interpolation lag used to spin up the turbo
GAMMA=5
COCKPIT_ADJUSTABLE=0

[DAMAGE]
TURBO_BOOST_THRESHOLD=1.6  ; level of TOTAL boost before the engine starts to take damage
TURBO_DAMAGE_K=5            ; amount of damage per second per (boost - threshold)
RPM_THRESHOLD=7900            ; RPM at which the engine starts to take damage
RPM_DAMAGE_K=3

I'm sure everybody who tried reading this post has fallen asleep by now. Sleep tight, little racers! :P :D I'm sure there must be one or two people out there who like to learn more about the innards of AC. I know I do...

That's awesome man! I'm the same way...I want every setting maxed too and I used to keep it that way. But a lot of mod tracks are not optimized too well, like a Kunos track or a Lilski or Fat-Alfie track, so every little bit of processing power matters to me. Another way that I was surprised once I found out that feature of Content Manager. I learned I could also afford to increase at least one setting because the increase was so negligible, like 1.33 to 1.44 or something like that.

I have still a lot to fix, obviously. Official numbers are 618hp (quotes at some sources) at the wheels and 383 ft lb of torque. I might have to fire up GT6 to try and get a power curve, because I don't have any reference whatsoever, I'm building it by interpolation of my initial values. And this is a prototype phase where I'm using the stock NA engine and I'm tinkering with a torque curve on the higher range of RPMs, since it's using a massive single turbo, compensting the lack of turbo (for now). Once I get tires, aero, suspension, brakes and gearbox, then I'll calculate the turbo and the correct powertrain losses. Because this was somewhat built only for Gran Turismo, the only ones built are replicas. If memory serves me right, in the game was 6 speed manual, but someone built one with a 7 speed sequential.

As a die hard daily CM user you can expect this is a common used and well known feature for me...Well NOT... Thanks for your guidance. This is totally new and I also played around with the different percentages. Maybe I should invest more time in the menus etc in stead of quick and dirty driving

Are there any good Ford GT GTE mods? I have 3 and they're all woefully inaccurate. Most of them have more than 6 gears and are ridiculously too fast on the straights.
Do you have the RTM version?( I can give you the link) It has 6 gears but a wierd sound tho( and ABS lol RTM at their best). Btw if you really want to tweak some mods you can use assetto corsa car tuner....

This is my personal favorite( not RTM) but you probably have it already: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ts6hi92unrxrooi/ford_gte_lms16.rar

Last edited:
I have really bad OCD, so I notice if a mod isn't version tagged properly. This wasn't a problem back in ISImotor days. People would put the version number in the rar file, or include a readme with the file itself. But with AC mods a lot of them are pretty slapdash information wise. Often I have to use the file's Last Modified Date to know. It's hard enough to find which version it is, and their in game name/UI/badge/colours are sometimes all over the place with spelling errors here and there. Argh! If you can spend enough time creating a mod, please have some pride and make sure everything is labelled correctly too :irked:

/ocdrant
Ya know...if there were only 15 or 20 mod cars available like there is for PCars 1 I would still like mod authors to populate those fields, but it wouldn't piss me off so much if I had to do it myself. But with 10 different BMW M3 E46's, it becomes a pain in the rump doing it myself. I don't really know if there are that many E46 M3's, but you know what I'm implying. As you said, at least put a text file in the archive. I mean, don't these authors WANT people to know THEY created this vehicle/track? You worked so hard on this mod...Let people know it's your work! It's crazy...

I have still a lot to fix, obviously. Official numbers are 618hp (quotes at some sources) at the wheels and 383 ft lb of torque. I might have to fire up GT6 to try and get a power curve, because I don't have any reference whatsoever, I'm building it by interpolation of my initial values. And this is a prototype phase where I'm using the stock NA engine and I'm tinkering with a torque curve on the higher range of RPMs, since it's using a massive single turbo, compensting the lack of turbo (for now). Once I get tires, aero, suspension, brakes and gearbox, then I'll calculate the turbo and the correct powertrain losses. Because this was somewhat built only for Gran Turismo, the only ones built are replicas. If memory serves me right, in the game was 6 speed manual, but someone built one with a 7 speed sequential.
Damn! I didn't know it had that type of horsepower at the wheels...I did a quick Google and came across a much lower number, but I admit there are multiple versions of the car out there and I only looked at one of 'em. When you said you were new to Content Manager I assumed you're probably new to modding as well and maybe didn't know how Kunos constructed the power.lut files.

You'd be surprised - There are two well known Facebook modders who did NOT know that power.lut is a measurement from the wheel and therefore adjusted for drivetrain loss until I looked inside one of their mods because I thought the car was way too fast. They were happy to learn that, but pissed that they had to go back and adjust so many cars. :D :lol:

Maybe this will help you with your engine curves especially since you have a turbo charger in the mix. @x4fab gave me this link a long time ago. I kind of forgot all about it:

http://jsfiddle.net/x4fab/rw6pug21/embedded/result/

As a die hard daily CM user you can expect this is a common used and well known feature for me...Well NOT... Thanks for your guidance. This is totally new and I also played around with the different percentages. Maybe I should invest more time in the menus etc in stead of quick and dirty driving
I don't know when that feature first appeared, but it must be fairly new. The only reason I even discovered it was because I was looking at that settings page to make sure I had the _gbWSuite set as my default PP Filter. Then I saw all those little green letter i's and got curious why the heck would there be a button to provide "information" for a setting like Overall Quality. It's a simple drop-down selector box and you'd expect just a mouse-over pop-up description at the most, if he wanted to provide information about what each setting does - even though they're 99% self-explanatory. That guys continues to blow my mind.

Well, at the urging of several Assetto Corsa buddies I decided to try that nighttime mod. I installed the vertex shader thing from x4fab and then I hit the track with a plain 'ole GBW weather selected and time set to something like 1am. @Masscot reminded me that there are other weather's fine tuned for this nighttime business and he pointed me in the direction of a few different ones to try via Race Department. (A tip of the hat to you, sir.) My impression thus far is.... 'eh. :indiff: Driving solo on a track is too dark for me. Even on tracks that I know inside & out certain corners leapt out on me resulting in some serious car damage. Two Team ALB drivers died during testing due to the darkness. What am I going to tell their widows?! So far, besides GBW I've only spent time with Assetto4Seasons using Spring weather and various night times ranging from 10pm to 6am. I would have tried Assetto By Night, but it appears that ABN is not going to be developed any further since the author is going to focus solely on A4S. Or am I wrong about that?

Well, at the urging of several Assetto Corsa buddies I decided to try that nighttime mod. I installed the vertex shader thing from x4fab and then I hit the track with a plain 'ole GBW weather selected and time set to something like 1am. @Masscot reminded me that there are other weather's fine tuned for this nighttime business and he pointed me in the direction of a few different ones to try via Race Department. (A tip of the hat to you, sir.) My impression thus far is.... 'eh. :indiff: Driving solo on a track is too dark for me. Even on tracks that I know inside & out certain corners leapt out on me resulting in some serious car damage. Two Team ALB drivers died during testing due to the darkness. What am I going to tell their widows?! So far, besides GBW I've only spent time with Assetto4Seasons using Spring weather and various night times ranging from 10pm to 6am. I would have tried Assetto By Night, but it appears that ABN is not going to be developed any further since the author is going to focus solely on A4S. Or am I wrong about that?

You, erm, did actually turn your headlights on, yes..? :P

Something sounds wrong there. Maybe PP filter/weather combo or something, but even the Black Night weather can be driven without headlights (just), and with perfect visibility using headlights. It shouldn't be as dark as you describe. Very weird..!

I think I've downloaded all of the necessary nightime stuff but could some kind soul do an 'idiots guide' to getting in game with it all working correctly. I don't seem to be able to set time to 1 am for example in CM.

I think I've downloaded all of the necessary nightime stuff but could some kind soul do an 'idiots guide' to getting in game with it all working correctly. I don't seem to be able to set time to 1 am for example in CM.
The hard coded time limits are still in the game. You have to set the time in the range that the Assetto by Night weather mod.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back