Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,055 comments
The hard coded time limits are still in the game. You have to set the time in the range that the Assetto by Night weather mod.
Thanks. Which is the best option to use to get it as dark as possible? Everything I have tried so far the sky is still pretty light.

You need to be using the most recent version of Content Manager for this to work properly (so I've been told). Once you are, the time slider will allow setting the time in military 24-hour fashion.

Settings > Content Manager > General

Look on the right-half of the CM screen. The very last option should say something like, "Update to non-tested versions". You're going to want a checkmark in there to make sure you are on the latest build. Don't worry....I'm ALWAYS using that function to be on the latest build - it's fine.

Thanks. Which is the best option to use to get it as dark as possible? Everything I have tried so far the sky is still pretty light.
I have not either found one (yet) that is pitch black, but the effect is still very nice even with the “light” dark.
On my set up I can leave the mod on all the time, the impact on performance (FPS) is minimal.

You, erm, did actually turn your headlights on, yes..? :P

Something sounds wrong there. Maybe PP filter/weather combo or something, but even the Black Night weather can be driven without headlights (just), and with perfect visibility using headlights. It shouldn't be as dark as you describe. Very weird..!
You mean those two round things in the front of the car? I thought those were just decoration! :sly: As foolish as it sounds, that IS something that I could see people forgetting to check, but mine were always turned on for these night time runs.

Who knows? Maybe I've turned into Mr. Magoo... :D

How long has it been since Kunos said that development of AC has pretty much stopped - nothing new being added? Just maintenance and bug fixes? It's been a couple of months, right? It seems that since Kunos pressed the stop button on AC, mod development has gone bonkers with lots of great new cars, tracks & features continuing to be added. :D :cheers:

Damn! I didn't know it had that type of horsepower at the wheels...I did a quick Google and came across a much lower number, but I admit there are multiple versions of the car out there and I only looked at one of 'em. When you said you were new to Content Manager I assumed you're probably new to modding as well and maybe didn't know how Kunos constructed the power.lut files.

You'd be surprised - There are two well known Facebook modders who did NOT know that power.lut is a measurement from the wheel and therefore adjusted for drivetrain loss until I looked inside one of their mods because I thought the car was way too fast. They were happy to learn that, but pissed that they had to go back and adjust so many cars. :D :lol:

Maybe this will help you with your engine curves especially since you have a turbo charger in the mix. @x4fab gave me this link a long time ago. I kind of forgot all about it:

http://jsfiddle.net/x4fab/rw6pug21/embedded/result/

Thanks for the input, I need all the help I can get to try and get this kinda right. I'm fiding this process rather addicting.

Guerilla Mods New BMW GT3 M6? Is that the M6 GT3 that was just posted in this thread a couple of days ago?

That Lotus Cortina add-on sounded familiar.. Sure enough, I have the same archive going back to October, 2017. I only bring it up so people realize it's not been updated with the other cars yet.

Guerilla Mods New BMW GT3 M6? Is that the M6 GT3 that was just posted in this thread a couple of days ago?

That Lotus Cortina add-on sounded familiar.. Sure enough, I have the same archive going back to October, 2017. I only bring it up so people realize it's not been updated with the other cars yet.
Ah thanks, Bazza just posted it in the F1C forum so I thought it was a new update. I've amended my post.

Greetings folks!

Today, I was driving with the Porsche 919 2016 around Spa during night, When I saw the replay, I realised that the position lights (the three LED dots on the sides of the car) didn´t work. Does anyone know if these lights can actually work or are just decoration. I know it´s a silly thing, but I really love such little details.

Thank you!!

It's pretty good. The default cockpit cam is a little off and the sound is pretty bad. I swapped it for a different car using CM

Funny thing, I´ve talk to the creator of this mod, and it turns out that he has been working with a Blancpain Series driver, more specifically, the M6 driver and he says that sound is exactly the same as the real thing. What does this mean? Either the driver is deaf or the that´s the real sound of the car. We´ll never know.

Since it's my finals week, I'm away from my rig and I'm asking again for input from you guys on my new version of the Amuse
  1. The turbo is gone, for now. This version is just to test the torque curve. This is an aproximation, where the values differ about 30Nm from the real thing which is not bad.
  2. Took the tires from the GT4 version and changed the values to what the sources said.
  3. The version I've been doing is the Turbo version, the one that's premium in GT6. So the gearbox has been tuned as such. 7-speed sequential. There are somethings gearbox wise that I didn't delve in, only when I've got more time to test it.
  4. Aero, set up and model improvments might come soon™. I have still a lot to learn.
This the aproximation curve that I used from a video that I saw from GT6.

P_20180619_003633.jpg

Sorry, it's turned 90°, but oh well. Every single unit is metric. And something interesting I found was that the Torque curve is derived from the power curve, so it's rather easy to obtain nice aproximations of both. And yes, everything was pretty much done by hand :lol:

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo

Is it just me or the interior models are really bad? I´m not saying it´s CSINRU´s fault (God bless him), but if these cars cost money, tt´s quite an insult then for the quality.

Indeed it's bad quality mods (except the Lola which handles quite well) and it's payware.

Available this friday 22 ! ;)

About the MSF Williams FW26, the team discovers some new bugs and It will take almost 2 weeks to get this car wich was... very soon in his release when I gave you the information.

@rshumi thank you for sharing as always. Those are hilarious, they have to be scratch made, there is no way a studio ever released those, not even 20 years ago.
Actually they belong to a new category: Scrap made.:D:D
Those are for sale! Really!
The H as to be for Hillbilly.:scared:

My....God......I....I....cannot....stop....driving.....Shuto C1(small ACP version) in VR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOO in love with this track it's disgusting!!! The obsession I have with this darn track is disturbing on so many levels. Nigelae86 did a SUPERB job with Shuto! My goodness....driving this track in VR is nothing short of ORGASMIC!!! I just kept hotlapping over and over and over and over again non-stop. The way the city feels with all the skyscraper buildings surrounding you as you drive by and the way they light up the environment is simply breathtaking. The attention to detail, with all the highway signs and neon billboards is breathtaking! I am just....in love. And this is *ONLY* with the small C1 loop version! Imagine when he gets the bigger version seasoned, baked and ready for primetime! :bowdown::eek:

I cannot wait until I get my PimaX VR headset hopefully in the coming weeks/months. Driving Shuto C1 with the much wider FOV and 4K resolution should be a sight to behold! Getting kinda irritated with the low FOV of the Rift TBH :(

Legend1...I can't get the big version of Shuto you sent me to show up in the track list when selecting tracks in the game. The only way to load this version is via Content Manager. Otherwise it simply doesn't show up in the list of tracks to choose from. No big deal really, since I'm leaning towards using CM more and more as I learn my way around it.

Anyway I tried it briefly and not even 30 seconds in I fell off into the abyss :lol: Guess I must've took a wrong turn towards the beginning without looking close enough at the minimap. I'll try it again but it was pretty jarring in VR when that happened. Hopefully either Nigelae86 or HYENA can at least release a version that blocks off the "Nowheresville" sections soon.

My....God......I....I....cannot....stop....driving.....Shuto C1(small ACP version) in VR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm SOOOOOOOOO in love with this track it's disgusting!!! The obsession I have with this darn track is disturbing on so many levels. Nigelae86 did a SUPERB job with Shuto! My goodness....driving this track in VR is nothing short of ORGASMIC!!! I just kept hotlapping over and over and over and over again non-stop. The way the city feels with all the skyscraper buildings surrounding you as you drive by and the way they light up the environment is simply breathtaking. The attention to detail, with all the highway signs and neon billboards is breathtaking! I am just....in love. And this is *ONLY* with the small C1 loop version! Imagine when he gets the bigger version seasoned, baked and ready for primetime! :bowdown::eek:

I cannot wait until I get my PimaX VR headset hopefully in the coming weeks/months. Driving Shuto C1 with the much wider FOV and 4K resolution should be a sight to behold! Getting kinda irritated with the low FOV of the Rift TBH :(

Legend1...I can't get the big version of Shuto you sent me to show up in the track list when selecting tracks in the game. The only way to load this version is via Content Manager. Otherwise it simply doesn't show up in the list of tracks to choose from. No big deal really, since I'm leaning towards using CM more and more as I learn my way around it.

Anyway I tried it briefly and not even 30 seconds in I fell off into the abyss :lol: Guess I must've took a wrong turn towards the beginning without looking close enough at the minimap. I'll try it again but it was pretty jarring in VR when that happened. Hopefully either Nigelae86 or HYENA can at least release a version that blocks off the "Nowheresville" sections soon.

Sounds like you are still using the beta version of C1. I remember there were those run off at the starting point (parking lot) and by the rear end of the map.

Yesterday, I asked Assetto Garage about their future projects and plans, about releasing dates, etc. I remember about Masscot and his beloved Toyota Supra GR, and I am sorry to tell you this mate, but it´s not happening, they are not releasing it. They´ll only focus on rall cars instead of circuit cars. In my opinion, it´s disapointing, specially knowing how good they are on adapting circuit cars from other games such as GT Sport (Mazda LM 55 Vision GT or Bugatti Vision GT, for example). I´d like to hear your opinion about this guys.

Yesterday, I asked Assetto Garage about their future projects and plans, about releasing dates, etc. I remember about Masscot and his beloved Toyota Supra GR, and I am sorry to tell you this mate, but it´s not happening, they are not releasing it. They´ll only focus on rall cars instead of circuit cars. In my opinion, it´s disapointing, specially knowing how good they are on adapting circuit cars from other games such as GT Sport (Mazda LM 55 Vision GT or Bugatti Vision GT, for example). I´d like to hear your opinion about this guys.
Focussing only in rally cars in a game based only in tarnac racing with no decent phisics for loose surfaces?
Just a waste of time IMHO

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back