Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,058 comments
On my phone. Just analyse the car as normal. You can't really miss it.
no.PNG

still dont see it...

By the way, about that strange issue, someone replied:
"I know whats going on. New shaders have dynamic wings and it detected that wing to be dynamic"

I asked if there's a way to fix the issue perhaps messing around with some ini file...
Let's see.

By the way, about that strange issue, someone replied:
"I know whats going on. New shaders have dynamic wings and it detected that wing to be dynamic"

I asked if there's a way to fix the issue perhaps messing around with some ini file...
Let's see.
yes the answer about
If I recall you can make a /cfg/extensions/guessed_cars/ folder in your Documents and have the patch dump the guessed ini there

Then you could remove the AERO sections

and put it in your main assettocorsa/extensions/config/cars/mods

is interesting

Last edited:
@Cote Dazur
Any idea on how to make the patched dump ini file to show up there? It's not automatic and I know which is the command to user inside the Content Manager or if need to use an app in-game.

p.s.
is there a way to edit your posts in the forum? I don't see any "thread tools" text nor edit button.

@Cote Dazur
Any idea on how to make the patched dump ini file to show up there? It's not automatic and I know which is the command to user inside the Content Manager or if need to use an app in-game.

p.s.
is there a way to edit your posts in the forum? I don't see any "thread tools" text nor edit button.
no idea how to make the patched dump ini file, there should an edit button next to +Quote button. Maybe you need more than 5 messages?

@LeGeNd-1

If you have come across any updated cars that I have done that seem "worse" to you it would be great for you to provide some more feedback on which mods they are and how are they worse, etc... Because I don't go hog wild editing physics and all that, I generally correct or update tires (when they're hellaciously sticky) or real old versions, edit and fix cameras, correct issues that CM detects and correct other various issues with some mods were the AI isn't working or instances were the car isn't shifting automatically. So yeah no offense at all really for none of it is mine to begin with and even with what I do to try to make them better its great to have people respond and point out the issues especially where issues seem to have worsened... :cheers:

Hey Apexxer, I'm not meaning to be hostile or anything. You've done us a great service here and I'd say 90% of your mods are generally OK. Most of them I'd never even have the chance to drive otherwise because they are from pay mods or private groups. That said though, there are some cars where I've had a chance of comparing which aren't better. They're not "wrong" per se (I think it's impossible to judge unless you've driven the real thing anyways), but I just prefer the handling from AL. I think it's a personal modder's style, but I feel your mods always have strong FFB but the handling is a bit tight and once you lose grip it tends to snap quickly. It's ok for race cars, but for road cars it's not quite what I want. AL's modding style is usually more "supple" and you can dance around the limits of grip better. Because of the various takedowns I haven't downloaded anything significant from AL since January this year though.

Some cars off the top of my head which are better in AL: Ferrari F40 Competizione, Subaru R4, Pikes Peak SX4. I'll post more in case I come across more in the future :cheers:

Hi delpinsky,
I think the axis for rotating the wing isn´t set correctly. You can try in data/aero.ini to change the Angle=8 to Angle=0 in the [WING_2] section. Then the rear wing looks ok again, but I thing you loose downforce. :) So, it´s rotating the whole wing instaed of rotating the downforce angle.

Hi Clawde,
First go to data folder/tyres.ini and have a look on these three lines to have proper size of your tyres:
WIDTH=0.2750
RADIUS=0.34600
RIM_RADIUS=0.2286
where WIDTH is ... the tyres width (obviously)
RADIUS the tyres radius
RIM_RADIUS ... well, you know what
Diff betwin rim radius and radius determines the sidewall of the tyres which is a percentage of the width.
Once these values are correct, in CM you can find tyres among the existing or create new tyres (into the correct category: street or slick or what you want...) with the same dimensions you put in tyres.ini.
Automatically the tyres thus created will be in version 10. Just drag and drop the new tyres on the left column, say Ok to the oops message and save, that's done. Previous version tyres will be erased.

Hello Mike173,

Thank you! Referencing the tyres.ini file I can finally create tyres that fit those cars.

Another question for whom would know. This car's rear tyres goes under the ground. It is not due to low tyre pressure for I've played around with it nor track issue:
upload_2018-12-14_4-57-22.png

When inside CM Showroom however, it's perfectly fine:
upload_2018-12-14_4-57-53.png

Any thoughts?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello Mike173,

Thank you! Referencing the tyres.ini file I can finally create tyres that fit those cars.

Another question for whom would know. This car's rear tyres goes under the ground. It is not due to low tyre pressure for I've played around with it nor track issue:
View attachment 786516

When inside CM Showroom however, it's perfectly fine:
View attachment 786517

Any thoughts?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Radius need to be tweaked, if the tire is not touching the ground, you need less radius, if in the ground more radius.

Hi delpinsky,
I think the axis for rotating the wing isn´t set correctly. You can try in data/aero.ini to change the Angle=8 to Angle=0 in the [WING_2] section. Then the rear wing looks ok again, but I thing you loose downforce. :) So, it´s rotating the whole wing instaed of rotating the downforce angle.
D67E022DCEADE25DBCD0E66CE4BDAC70DFABBB14

:D:bowdown:

Anyone can help?

My Game no longer launches. It loads everything then throws me back. I verified the files on Steam. I use Content Manager.

It happened after i tried to restart

That Shaders Patch - Dynamic Lights is really neat for driving at night, plus some of the other enhancements it does. I end up uninstalling it though because with it installed I get strange issues with some textures during the day and when I mess around with Assetto Corsa I generally run in daytime, especially to be able to see some of the great visuals. I notice in the daytime with the shaders patch installed I see an issue where curb/tarmac textures become really dark, almost black and even some of the dirt textures close to the edge of the tracks become extremely dark. Does anyone else have this issue?
:)
Did you activate by any chance the "wet" option in BLM Lights?
upload_2018-12-15_0-13-22.png

Anyone can help?

My Game no longer launches. It loads everything then throws me back. I verified the files on Steam. I use Content Manager.

Please post a screenshot of the error shown by Content Manager.
There's a chance you only need to use Task Manager and see if for example AC didn't close correctly on Steam.
In that case you "kill" Steam app inside the Task Manager and retry loading AC from Content Manager. If that's the issue, it should work.

Anyone can help?

Hi Gladbecker,

try to deinstall your apps. I had the same issues sometimes, usually it starts again after doing so (I had to learn it the hard way, erasing the whole installation once just to find out there was a conflict with race essentias :yuck:)

Please post a screenshot of the error shown by Content Manager.
There's a chance you only need to use Task Manager and see if for example AC didn't close correctly on Steam.
In that case you "kill" Steam app inside the Task Manager and retry loading AC from Content Manager. If that's the issue, it should work.

Thank you for your quick reply.
Its just the normal "Race cancelled" screen. I tried your Method but it didnt work :(

I saw somewhere else to remove the Appdata folder and that didnt work either.

Hi Gladbecker,

try to deinstall your apps. I had the same issues sometimes, usually it starts again after doing so (I had to learn it the hard way, erasing the whole installation once just to find out there was a conflict with race essentias :yuck:)

And it work. Thank you. I dont know for whatever reaaon this happened but seems to work now.

The following worked for me once when this happened...move all the non-Kunos content, cars and or tracks, from the respective content folders temporarily leaving only the original Kunos content. Load a Kunos car/track combo. Once it loads, move all your mods back and everything may be fine. It's worth a try since it only takes a short time.

Edit: I see you got it sorted. I'm happy you are back up and working.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back