• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,788 comments
APT
Maserati Bora Competizione Released
Original mod GTL by s63
Conversion by AP
1555189169.jpg

https://assettopedia.forumfree.it/?t=76464146
Was this converted with permission etc.?
Wish it would be on Racedepartment.

EDIT:
They have to be near-kunos quality for me to bother.
Same.

@G.T.Ace
No idea about the permissions and things... You'll have to ask @aps for that

As You can see, credits was given to the original author and that is enough for me to say that the modder is a fair and correct person.

Haven't talked to Speedster63, since I took a long break from GTL and tracks building ...and the AC physics fits better my tastes.
Uwe and Gordon are more or less the only persons from the GTL scene that I am in contact with.

But what is the fuss about Racedepartment ?!? aint enough to have it on the Assettopedia site ?
...if You want the skin for GTL, You can get it at " http://trackaholics.forumotion.com/ " ...I gave them today the skin, so it will be converted to GTL very soon.

If you do not have 3Dsimed you can do it as well with Content Manager + ksEditor:

- open car in Content Manager Showroom
- click unpack KN5 in showroom menu
- open the unpacked .fbx file with ksEditor (you find it in the SDK folder inside your AC installation folder)
- right click the offending window objects within the 3D window to select the correct object in the layer tree
- switch to material tab
- check that the object has the correct "ksWindscreen" shader attached

Now it becomes tricky - you have to choose between quick workaround or proper fix:
- if it has not the correct shader attached and the mod only has a single glass object then you have to either choose to assign "ksWindscreen" shader to the object which will fix the visual issue you have in cockpit view but in most cases will make the glass object completely invisible from the outside as it lacks the secondary object with reflective shader attached to it :-(

If this workaround to fix cockpit view is not sufficient (and it shouldn't) the correct fix is:
- use a software to edit the objects (duplicate the window object, assign the ksWindscreen shader to the inside object the appropriate reflective shader to the outside object, ... use a Kunos car as template to use the proper shaders and object naming rules).
- you can do this with 3Dsimed or through a software editing the fbx file

Once the model is corrected, export to KN5 either from ksEditor or 3Dsimed.

Btw - you can download and try a 30 day trial version with full functionality of 3Dsimed from their website if you want to try out if you would want to support the maker.

Extra tip: you can only change assigned shaders to objects either in ksEditor (the originally supported offical way of doing so) or in 3Dsimed.
Shader setting values can be edited still in Content Manager, not the actual assigned shader though.

nice to read,but what is needed to extract kn5 to fbx via content manager,did not found a button for it.

that is nice, but what is needed to do it without CM ?

can it be done with quickbms for example, and if so, where to get the script for unpacking kn5 files ?

It is just not possible to NOT find a new feature you never knew about in Content Manager ;-) Ilja is truly a genius. Now I only wish CM would have the ability to create animations so one does not have to learn how to use 3DSmax to get those sorted :-(
When I tried to convert the Mustang GT 350 Shelby 1965, the issue I had was importing the driver as 1:1, with "scale factor: 1"
I don't know if it's because fbx files created with kn5converter don't respect some kind of rule of 3DS Max, while mods made from scratch do, but to me it's not possible to import an fbx with "scale factor: 1", as that option is grayed out.
.obj file do have that scale factor active though, but they lose the dummies.
I tried to work a little with driver animation, and it doesn't see too difficult, because you work with joints (shoulders, arms wrist, fingers) and then rotate them a little to match the steering wheel size.

Is there anybody with a solution to this issue?

upload_2019-4-16_14-55-46.png

I see here the car project of this modder is in .max. Perhaps saving a .fbx to .max can solve the issue?

p.s.
for example the 1973_porsche_911_rsr_3.0 has a bit of an issue with the hands on the wheel when you fully steer. It loses a hand.
There's a tutorial online about a 200 frames steering animation, which is smoother and better.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/custom-steering-animation-rig-1-7.18201/

Hi guys sorry first of all my bad English, I'm looking for the Bugatti circuit, all the ones I found around inexplicably crash, maybe because they are adapted to an old version of AC? I am ignorant in these things and I kindly ask for your help. Thank you

When I tried to convert the Mustang GT 350 Shelby 1965, the issue I had was importing the driver as 1:1, with "scale factor: 1"
I don't know if it's because fbx files created with kn5converter don't respect some kind of rule of 3DS Max, while mods made from scratch do, but to me it's not possible to import an fbx with "scale factor: 1", as that option is grayed out.
.obj file do have that scale factor active though, but they lose the dummies.
I tried to work a little with driver animation, and it doesn't see too difficult, because you work with joints (shoulders, arms wrist, fingers) and then rotate them a little to match the steering wheel size.

Is there anybody with a solution to this issue?

View attachment 814696
I see here the car project of this modder is in .max. Perhaps saving a .fbx to .max can solve the issue?

p.s.
for example the 1973_porsche_911_rsr_3.0 has a bit of an issue with the hands on the wheel when you fully steer. It loses a hand.
There's a tutorial online about a 200 frames steering animation, which is smoother and better.
https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/custom-steering-animation-rig-1-7.18201/

This is likely a bug with the KN5 plugin CM uses to convert to .fbx :-(
I have read somewhere also that there are sometimes issues in how one has to make sure to overwrite to the loaded .fbx file in order to not loose the persistence file material designations.

Re. file scale on import I cannot help sadly - I have no clue about 3DSmax :-(
You may give it a try to import + export the fbx file with another software before loading into 3DSmax (make sure to secure the other files so they don't get altered in the process resulting in a loss of material definitions with ksEditor in the process).

Porsche 904 Carrera

https://assettopedia.forumfree.it/?t=76585100

Not bad to drive, but come on Assettopedia, a car like this deserves more care and attention.
The tyres clip through the bodywork, the instrument surrounds are facetted, the seats are... what? I don't even know. Moulded plastic? And the cockpit is a jumble of folded polygons and missing geometry and overlapping textures.
My heart breaks when classics like this are treated with such disrespect.

1555416538.jpg

Last edited:
That mesh is really... ugly. There is a lot of parts that just are inaccurate and low poly. The wheel arches, front fog lamps, turn signals, side windows, headlamps, grille.

It'd be hard to tell that was a Porsche if it didn't have the Porsche badge.

Last edited:
@G.T.Ace
No idea about the permissions and things... You'll have to ask @aps for that

As You can see, credits was given to the original author and that is enough for me to say that the modder is a fair and correct person.

Haven't talked to Speedster63, since I took a long break from GTL and tracks building ...and the AC physics fits better my tastes.
Uwe and Gordon are more or less the only persons from the GTL scene that I am in contact with.

But what is the fuss about Racedepartment ?!? aint enough to have it on the Assettopedia site ?
...if You want the skin for GTL, You can get it at " http://trackaholics.forumotion.com/ " ...I gave them today the skin, so it will be converted to GTL very soon.
Wait trackaholics is back, I thought they closed?

AC Cars Reworked ALFA 8C COMPETIZIONE (2007)
v2.0 Final

http://www.mediafire.com/file/2nlui4r9ph0h611/Alfa+Romeo+8C+Competizione+(2007)+v2.0.7z

57606609_327691497937065_4124165380170055680_o.jpg

ALFA 8C COMPETIZIONE (2007)
v2.0 Final
Released 16.04.2019
In collaboration with RealAKP

CHANGELOG
- new aero (ACCR v2)
- updated LODs .kn5 files
- replaced sound with Alfa Giulia
- tweaked suspensions setup
- slightly changed car inertia
- reduced steer ratio
- new differential
- increased downshift time
- removed clutch pedal functionality
- added downshift protection
- engine limiter corrected
- added brake bias option in setup
- little changes on electronics devices
- removed street tyre type
- interior AO by RealAKP
- textures optimizations by RealAKP
- new calipers with AO by Real AKP
- updated skins with baked AO map by RealAKP
- updated Content Manager previews
- moved config file into main folder structure
- fixed hands and steering wheel out of synch

- removed street tyre type

...why?

Seems obvious. Don't know how it works in the US, but here in Europe most of the guys that take their cars to track days change their street tires to something more appropriate for driving a race track...so...

Btw: I agree on your post about the Porsche 904 Carrera...

It just seems odd to me because it's still a road car despite having "competition" in its name. It's like a lack of consistency because road cars by Kunos has both street tyres and race tyres. It's a pretty solid mod otherwise. I remembering having used it in the past before that update.

I honestly love the challenge of pushing a car to its limits on low grade street tyres. It's kind of satisfying.

Last edited:
Hey guys.......kind of a noob here. Actually been a member for quite some time , but over the years I had been stuck on AMS and RF2. Never really cared for AC that much back in 14' and 15 when I first got it. Then......just as a couple weeks ago , I watch some strange video on YouTube about this " content manager " and all this wonderful stuff you can do with it , and learned about the Shader's patch , Sol.....you name it , I've been reading.

So AC....is NOT like it was years ago for me. Actually hooked on this sim right now , and am actually completely blown away of how much cool stuff is out there for this sim.

I've only been visiting RD for the past 5 - 6 years , as I had no idea GT planet even had an AC forum! Then I see this thread , and am now even more blown away then I was before!

Before I really dive into this thread ( I'm going back a good couple years in it I think! )......First off , I just wanted to say thanks to all you guy's that have created these wonderful mods , or at least posted a link to where I can find some. I've already found cars and tracks here that I had no idea existed!

So thanks again guys , this place looks to be pretty damn cool!

It just seems odd to me because it's still a road car despite having "competition" in its name. It's like a lack of consistency because road cars by Kunos has both street tyres and race tyres. It's a pretty solid mod otherwise. I remembering having used it in the past before that update.

I honestly love the challenge of pushing a car to its limits on low grade street tyres. It's kind of satisfying.

Yep, you're right.
I took a look at the others Kunos road cars and they all got street tyres.
So I decided to add them back, just replace the data.acd file with this one in the zip.

Attachments

• data.zip
    36.7 KB · Views: 34
Hey guys.......kind of a noob here. Actually been a member for quite some time , but over the years I had been stuck on AMS and RF2. Never really cared for AC that much back in 14' and 15 when I first got it. Then......just as a couple weeks ago , I watch some strange video on YouTube about this " content manager " and all this wonderful stuff you can do with it , and learned about the Shader's patch , Sol.....you name it , I've been reading.

So AC....is NOT like it was years ago for me. Actually hooked on this sim right now , and am actually completely blown away of how much cool stuff is out there for this sim.

I've only been visiting RD for the past 5 - 6 years , as I had no idea GT planet even had an AC forum! Then I see this thread , and am now even more blown away then I was before!

Before I really dive into this thread ( I'm going back a good couple years in it I think! )......First off , I just wanted to say thanks to all you guy's that have created these wonderful mods , or at least posted a link to where I can find some. I've already found cars and tracks here that I had no idea existed!

So thanks again guys , this place looks to be pretty damn cool!
Man great to hear that. AC really is something special to me. I always find myself returning to it after playing other Sims. In my mind it just surpasses them. There are thousand of mods out there just waiting to be downloaded. But watch out it can literally get adictive:D

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back