Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,796 comments
Seems obvious. Don't know how it works in the US, but here in Europe most of the guys that take their cars to track days change their street tires to something more appropriate for driving a race track...so...

I don't know how it works in Europe but here in the US we have some amazing public roads like the LA Canyons and the Tail of the Dragon, and some of us sim racers like to take our virtual cars to these kind of mod tracks (both are available in AC) and have tires that are more appropriate for driving on public roads...so...seems obvious to leave both as an option. :dopey:

Jaguar XJR-14 livery for the Nissan NP35
preview-jpg.301685

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/jaguar-xjr-14-skin-for-nissan-np35.26393/

I don't know how it works in Europe but here in the US we have some amazing public roads like the LA Canyons and the Tail of the Dragon, and some of us sim racers like to take our virtual cars to these kind of mod tracks (both are available in AC) and have tires that are more appropriate for driving on public roads...so...seems obvious to leave both as an option. :dopey:

Well, we do have some nice roads but a myriade of speed and/or traject control camera's takes all the fun out of driving. So unless you're willing to pay huge fines and get your drivers license revoked, it makes sense to invest some of that money in extra track tires and join track days to have fun driving a car.
It used to be different, but that was about 30 years ago...

Note: I have no problems with both tire options being present though.

I just looked and I signed up in OCT of 2013 haha! Took me almost 6 years to make that first post! :cheers:
Not making a post is ok, you don't have to post because you need to, only if you have something you want to post. I made a skin for the 2019 Aston Martin Vantage GTE (the Castrol one on RD) but I didn't post it here because I didn't feel like I needed to post it. Only post if you really want to, not cause you feel like you have to. :)

Anyone have any advice for setting up any of the Formula NA cars? The cars seem to enjoy the act of snap oversteer even when messing around with the differential settings. Also on ovals the cars seem to have a lot of understeer. I know the wheelbases are offset irl and not in the mod but I feel like I shouldn't have to drastically slowdown to a little over 200 MPH or slower when going around IMS or TMS to counter the understeer or, in the case of Daytona, counter the snap oversteer.

I've been searching for that Honda Prelude from A3DR for a long time. Assettoland has it on the site, but is that version the latest?

Not making a post is ok, you don't have to post because you need to, only if you have something you want to post. I made a skin for the 2019 Aston Martin Vantage GTE (the Castrol one on RD) but I didn't post it here because I didn't feel like I needed to post it. Only post if you really want to, not cause you feel like you have to. :)

yeah I get that. Just thought it was funny I hadn't ever posted here before after signing up 6 years ago. With me just now getting involved in the AC scene , it's taken me to some new places ( or older , like this one ).

And if I can some how help out later down the road for getting you guy's tracks , cars , mods ect , I surely will !

I've had the full version of CM now for about 2 weeks , and I'm so blown away that a third party modder could design something so impressive. It's not just CM , but Sol , the Shader's patch , other app's , cars , tracks........sweet baby Jesus there is a lot of stuff involved in this sim now days! Stuff I had no clue about until just a couple weeks ago. Trying to take it all in.

Btw.....I started reading through this thread going back a couple years , to try and get caught up on everything that's going on. Have any of you guy's ever had a problem with the team ASR modding group?

I basically got ripped off by them a couple weeks back. About a week or more prior I downloaded some of their free stuff and I liked it. So I then bought a good 6 - 7 cars for AMS and RF2 , transaction went fine and I got my email with DL links. A few days later I bought 9 more cars from them. 5 for AC , 3 for AMS and 1 for RF2. Going on about 3 weeks now and after paying they never sent me a link for my downloads! Was freakin' pissed!

Luckily a really good dude over at RD helped me get my 5 missing AC cars I bought. But I'm still out the other 4 for AMS and RF2!

I have always tried to support the good modding groups , and will continue to do so , but screw ASR!! I even emailed them a few times and no response......but they sure as hell took my money.

I created the AI files for Bernese Alps so we can race.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/be5kwgteicfgwx4/Alps_AI_Files_%28place_contents_into_your_alps_track_folder%29.zip/file

Here are the AI files I created for Prague. Place the AI folder within your prague track folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/0z33xrrp7d622ph/Prague_AI_Files.zip/file

Here is a TV replay set of cameras for Prague.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/22cdebgyu35c8s1/cameras.zip/file

Here are AI files for Mapplevalley. Place the AI folder within your mapplevalley track folder.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xqtq5tv5qb7r62p/Mapplevalley_ai.zip/file

Btw guys , these links that Jody put up are dead. Does anyone have the Ai files for these big tracks? I may need them for those other two monster's Transfagaresen and Glencoe. Thanks in advance if you can help.

So how exactly does one go about creating custom loadscreens with the shader patch mod? I have a ton I'd like to use.

Behold!
I've fixed Shaun Clark's Seat Leon TCR DSG 2018!!! :D

— ksWindscreen for internal glasses
— working raindrops
— rear glass now correctly transparent
— side real glasses now correctly transparent
— fixed damage glass names for "dummies"

I won't post the car until Shaun Clark will give me the permission to do so.
I've sent him a private message on Racedepartment.
If within a couple of days I won't receive an answer, I'll post the car, crediting him for his great work obviously :cheers:

Last edited:
So how exactly does one go about creating custom loadscreens with the shader patch mod? I have a ton I'd like to use.

Well, if you have Content Manager:
1)Navigate to the Track-section.
2) Choose the track you'll change the preview (loading screen)
3) There you have the option "update preview". If you go there, the game will start and you have the option "free camera"(F7) and "take picture" (F8)
4)Return to CM
5) Have fun with new loading screen;)

Last edited:
Well, if you have Content Manager:
1)Navigate to the Track-section.
2) Choose the track you'll change the preview (loading screen)
3) There you have the option "change preview". If you go there, the game will start and you have the option "free camera"(F7) and "take picture" (F8)
4)Return to CM
5) Have fun with new loading screen;)
I understand that he already has pictures. He wants to use them.

I understand that he already has pictures. He wants to use them.

if so, you can set a picture that way (its easier than rename ...):):
Same direction as I descriped before, but this time, you don't have to go ingame to take a picture, you can choose it from your PC.
3) change preview, but select the "without shooting"-button

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back