Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,969 comments
I love the ts050, a pleasure to drive, great mod!

I found some errors:
- RPM LEDs
- Hands position
- Gear ratio using the default setup

Anyway very good addition to our car lists!

There's also some errors with the M8 skins. When I click on all but the two "BMW MOTORSPORTS" (WEC ones, not the IMSA ones) skins in CM showroom, the skins don't actually come on the car itself, leaving it blank and grey unless you select one of the two aforementioned skins. Also, although it's a small price to pay for salvation, the config lights (the added blue stripes on the sides) on the other updated one by @delpinsky are not present, although fog lights are back working unlike the latter one. So for now I'm going to stick with delpinksy's one until the bugs are fixed.
On the bright side, the LMP2 light configs are better now, so in my opinion they're at least more likeable than the WEC Championship one on Assetto Corsa Car Mods (Isn't that ripped off from Simdream?)

The Toyota was out of the blue though! Unexpectedly completes the 2016 LMP1 lineup (With AG Audi R18 and 2016 919; the Kunos Toyota LMP1 is 2014, mind you) .

Last edited:
There's also some errors with the M8 skins. When I click on all but the two "BMW MOTORSPORTS" (WEC ones, not the IMSA ones) skins in CM showroom, the skins don't actually come on the car itself, leaving it blank and grey unless you select one of the two aforementioned skins. Also, although it's a small price to pay for salvation, the config lights on the other updated one by @delpinsky are not present, although fog lights are back working unlike the latter one. At least the LMP2 light configs are better now, so in my opinion they're at least more likeable than the ripped-off WEC one on Assetto Corsa Car Mods.

The Toyota was out of the blue though! Unexpectedly completes the 2016 LMP1 lineup (With AG Audi R18 and 2016 919; the Kunos Toyota LMP1 is 2014, mind you) .

Wait what about skins? You have deleted the old version?

This car Is fully reworked, i suggest to delete all the old Cars, anyways in September Will be some new updates for all the cars, with some stuff from this race weekend at le Mans + the imsa pack with all the Cars with leds and position panels+ the dpi cars

No, replaced files while unzipping instead of deleting and replacing. Could that be the issue?

This car have Just the wec skins, instead we will release the imsa version with other stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
__custom_showroom_1560709876.png

Oreca 07 reworked
reworked Power LUT to get a realistic top speed in line with 2019 Le Mans.
fixed the tyres so they wouldnt overheat after 2 turns
basically all skins i could find from RD included.
Laptime of 3:26.8 achieved on SX Le Mans during testing, real world LMP2 best was a 3:25

https://mega.nz/#!4ANDXKQR!0qmpw-cFi0snKhXZdtbn1ALtNu0-khvoc_E-npCCFHQ

special link for @Barbe Rouge :D

https://we.tl/t-U4kPjrcsnt

:gtpflag:as always have fun:gtpflag:

I've finally created my very first steering animation! It works in game! :D

— open Driver Rig_Version1.7_2015.max file with the driver animation (modded version) in 3DS Max.
— import the seat and the steering wheel from the car you're working on.
— move your car steering wheel (+seat) to the driver position
— move the car steering wheel into Wheel Main>Point001>Wheel Guide, so the steering wheel will move accordingly to the animation.
— select the parent dummy related to the steering wheel Wheel Main and adjust the size, distance and rotation.
— once the dummy steering wheel is perfectly aligned with your car steering wheel, play the animation.
— if you need to adjust the fingers, along the animation, to avoid them to penetrate the steering wheel, you can do it easily adjusting the bones.
— select only the parent DRIVER:RIVER and export selected the driver animation as steer.fbx**

upload_2019-6-16_4-20-16.png

** when you save the animation, don't forget to tick ANIMATION and BAKE the animation with 200 frames.
All the frames beyond 200 are reserved to the manual shifting animation.

Import the car you're working on.
— hide everything but the seat and the wheel.
— import the steer.fbx file, containing the driver animation (200 frames total).
— move the driver towards the correct position of the seat and the steering wheel.
— now play the timeline with the animation and you see it's correct (the wheel doesn't rotate yet)
— select only the driver animation parent dummy (it will select all the tree) and export selected.
— save it as steer.fbx**
delete the driver selecting the parent dummy and export the car.

** when you save the animation, don't forget to tick ANIMATION

— Open Kunos editor
— open steer.fbx and save Driver Base Pos as driver_base_pos.knh
open animation steer.fbx and it will automatically create the file steer.ksanim
now restart the editor, open the car and save it, in case you did make changes.

— the file driver_base_pos.knh must be placed in your car folder
— the file steer.ksanim must be placed in animations folder
— we didn't create any shift animation, but it's enough you grab a shift_up/dw and car_shift_up/dw.ksanim from the car with similar shifting

**driver3d.ini
[STEER_ANIMATION]
NAME=steer.ksanim
LOCK=360

Check this line, in case the animation appears not as good as your attempt on 3DS Max.

slowmotion to appreciate better the animation.

That's all, folks.
Now check with Content Manager, load the driver and move the steering bar.
I hope this tutorial can be useful for many, so for all the modded cars with a broken steering animation we can easily fix it.

I think this method it's even easier, a lot easier, than the one where you import the drive_base.fbx file from the Kunos example.
Why? Because the fbx file is already fixed for a certain car, therefore it would require hell of an hard work the fix every single frame, because when you apply a small movement to the forehand, arm, or even finger, you risk to mess up the remaining frames, as the hand will change position according to your previous change.

Opening the 3DS Max file, instead, makes you fix the steering wheel animation to its core, basing on your car steering wheel.

Nice job!

View attachment 829015

Oreca 07 reworked
Laptime of 3:26.8 achieved on SX Le Mans during testing, real world LMP2 best was a 3:25

Where is the original model from?

View attachment 829015

Oreca 07 reworked

Thank you!

View attachment 829015

Oreca 07 reworked

does anyone know if you can find any 2018 liveries for this car?

That's AMAZING, Depinsky.
I'm no racing expert at all, but I've read many complains about the standart driver using only 1 hand on the wheel for a considerable part of the animation cycle, which apparently is not a thing in driving. Is there was any way to reduce it, that would be even more amazing.
Cheers!

View attachment 829015

Oreca 07 reworked

Thanks for this. Do you think you can please release reworked cars as new cars, so the original is preserved and not overwritten? It's always nice to compare and contrast. I don't think you've added any identifiers at all with this Oreca (eg a version number, or added notes) which means it could easily get overwritten by the original car again by mistake if a download was found and thought to be a newer version.

Thanks for this. Do you think you can please release reworked cars as new cars, so the original is preserved and not overwritten? It's always nice to compare and contrast. I don't think you've added any identifiers at all with this Oreca (eg a version number, or added notes) which means it could easily get overwritten by the original car again by mistake if a download was found and thought to be a newer version.
i will keep this in mind, but sometimes just renaming the folder does not work.
But i will add a gtp before the folder name if i can :cheers:

i will keep this in mind, but sometimes just renaming the folder does not work.
But i will add a gtp before the folder name if i can :cheers:
There's a way to do it, which I can't remember right now. I'm sure someone here will confirm. You have to rename the main car folder and the BANK file in the sfx folder to match it, I think. That might be it.

@gergerger
You need to save the single frames while reworking the hands movements, on the .max animation file.
For example I just adjusted the fingers in specific animation frames, to avoid them to penetrate the wheel and not an whole hand animation.
But if you are patient, you could do it. It's not that difficult, just select the "bones" of the shoulder/arm/wrist/hand/fingers Left and Right and start experimenting.

Am I the only one finding a new Xbox gamer pop-up appearing as soon as the game start makes the mouse dissapear in-game?
Can't find the Steam option to make it go away.

Apparently windows related. The solution is to enter that mode (windows + G) and deactivate it there.

Last edited:
Am I the only one finding a new Xbox gamer pop-up appearing as soon as the game start makes the mouse dissapear in-game?
Can't find the Steam option to make it go away.

Apparently windows related. The solution is to enter that mode (windows + G) and deactivate it there.
yeah update 1903 for win 10 turned some crap back on

Crappy weather yesterday so when Le Mans finished I was inspired to take some LMPs around La Sarthe. This is a class that I'd largely ignored in the past but holy hell, these beasts with their claustrophobic little cockpits are simply amazing in VR, and feel utterly awesome in the motion rig. The modern cars were great but the 80s/90s prototypes with manual gears were frikkin' incredible. So immersive and involving. I feel like a whole new branch of AC has just been opened up to me. Thanks again @leBluem for your continued work on this track, it's heading towards being one of the best versions available in any sim. I just need to edit the distance markers so I can actually see them when the cockpit is shaking like a defecating dog at 200mph, lol.

The 2 streams were sponsored by Ford and MOTUL ?!? I had no Idea they were "Illegal".
I must have missed something... my apologies.
The ones you posted were fine, but there were others that were removed.

Last edited:
.../...
-fixed major issues: me editing "groove.ini" caused those skidmarks to be dark.../...
Thanks, was just going to mention (again :D) the dark skidmarks. Tried the 0.7 fix for them in the actual version, but that did not help. At some places they look OK, but on other they are just too much.

Btw, a little question about lights: when starting in the early evening, the lights of the cars are barely visible, one hour later or so they are much brighter. I get that this is trying to mimic RL where lights are not as pronounced when there is still a little daylight, but I can't even see if lights are on or off. CSP related ? It's not like that on other tracks, hence my question.
EDIT: issue seems to have disappeared in the new version. Lights are working fine now.

BTW: skidmarks are perfectly OK now, track looks so much nicer, thanks ! 👍👍

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back