Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,825 comments
Nordschleife Endurance & Eendurance Cup 108 Slots
icon_eek.gif

https://sharemods.com/tw09uz41w0d3/Nord ... s.rar.html

one does not simply use an "AdBlocker"

ffs use "uBlock Origin" from gorhill

chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ublock-origin/cjpalhdlnbpafiamejdnhcphjbkeiagm
firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/ublock-origin/
works also on FF on android

(attention, not, i repeat NOT "uBlock Plus Adblocker" and also NOT "uBlock" from "www.ublock.org" - scammers!)

for hardcore users: uMatrix from same guy gorhill; fine grained access control
https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/umatrix/ogfcmafjalglgifnmanfmnieipoejdcf?hl=de
https://addons.mozilla.org/de/android/addon/umatrix/

Using uBlock Origin for months now, the best adblocker, but not only that, I ever used

I know all that, and even alluded to it in my post. My point was, why waste time making fake brands that almost everyone is going to overwrite with proper skins anyway? There's be no reason to 'depend on the community' for these, they could be released anonymously, separately from the car download. Nobody goes after skinners for releasing proper branded liveries or even modders for releasing free cars with them on. It's only because RSS, URD, VRC etc charge money for their mods that they get twitchy about using genuine brands.
Just seems like a total waste of resources to me. If you're literate enough to download a mod car then you'll be clever enough to find the skins for it.

To provide a dissenting opinion, I do not fall into your described scenario. Since I do basically zero offline racing I have zero need for skins and don't ever bother with them. Why would I when they're all but useless for multiplayer (without jumping through hoops, anyway)? I have lots of mods on my system but virtually no skins. So I, for one, appreciate them wasting time making these fake brands so I don't have to drive boring plain white race cars online. Each to their own, we all enjoy playing games in our own way, your way involves using skins, my way never uses skins, but we both still can enjoy the game. :)

I'm very likely to buy that American Racing Championship deal because those are some of my favorite race cars of all-time. However, if they came only as blank cars with no skins (fake or otherwise) I would not even consider buying them because they'd be useless to me. I'd guess some other people may be less keen to buy them if they were only blank white cars too since the fake livery isn't there to trigger our rememberberries.

To provide a dissenting opinion, I do not fall into your described scenario. Since I do basically zero offline racing I have zero need for skins and don't ever bother with them. Why would I when they're all but useless for multiplayer (without jumping through hoops, anyway)? I have lots of mods on my system but virtually no skins. So I, for one, appreciate them wasting time making these fake brands so I don't have to drive boring plain white race cars online. Each to their own, we all enjoy playing games in our own way, your way involves using skins, my way never uses skins, but we both still can enjoy the game. :)

I'm very likely to buy that American Racing Championship deal because those are some of my favorite race cars of all-time. However, if they came only as blank cars with no skins (fake or otherwise) I would not even consider buying them because they'd be useless to me. I'd guess some other people may be less keen to buy them if they were only blank white cars too since the fake livery isn't there to trigger our rememberberries.
You're missing my point. The cars would only be white for the minute it takes to drop the proper skins into the skins folder.
Of course nobody wants plain white racing cars, I'm not suggesting anyone does.

Good afternoon everyone.
@BMW is helping me with an Argentine mod, but we have a problem, when reaching the maximum speed or when trying to bend accelerating, the tail of the car loses control. They are front-wheel drive cars. Can someone help me by telling me where in DATA can I fix this? If someone wants to help us just ask for the BETA privately.

From already thank you very much

In run AdBlock and that crap still appears with Sharemods. It opens new browser windows.

Theres a reason why for years, uBlock Origin is the #1 ad blocker. I haven't seen a pop over/under, YT ads, ANY ads in years.
Turn it off and the 'internet' is a vile mess :crazy:

edit: this was on the previous page, didn't know it had been talked about on this page.
(this is why I'd be nice to have a delete function)

Looks like RTM is inspiring a second generation of insanely-overpriced mods for those who inhabit the intersection of a Venn diagram labeled "Rich", "Stupid" and "Desperate".

I don't think it really matters really. When the modder gets his $10 for gas money, he'll probably wonder why he just cant fill the tank.

You're missing my point. The cars would only be white for the minute it takes to drop the proper skins into the skins folder.
Of course nobody wants plain white racing cars, I'm not suggesting anyone does.

No, I don't think I was missing the point (unless I completely misunderstood what you were saying). I can drop all the skins I want into my skins folder but then when I go online none of them will be available to me unless I've managed to contact the server host beforehand and convince them to also drop said skins into their skins folder. Otherwise I'd load onto the track in a plain white car, and as you said nobody wants plain white racing cars. And of course if all the other people in the server haven't dropped said skins into their skins folder then they will see me in a plain white car. Custom skins are great for offline racers, but since I never race offline they're of no use to me. So from my point of view it is not a waste of time for them to make those skins with fake brand names, it's much appreciated. :)

No, I don't think I was missing the point (unless I completely misunderstood what you were saying). I can drop all the skins I want into my skins folder but then when I go online none of them will be available to me unless I've managed to contact the server host beforehand and convince them to also drop said skins into their skins folder. Otherwise I'd load onto the track in a plain white car, and as you said nobody wants plain white racing cars. And of course if all the other people in the server haven't dropped said skins into their skins folder then they will see me in a plain white car. Custom skins are great for offline racers, but since I never race offline they're of no use to me. So from my point of view it is not a waste of time for them to make those skins with fake brand names, it's much appreciated. :)
Ah, understood.
:)
I don't race online so wasn't aware of that.

Ah, understood.

yeah iRacing has an issue with white cars if you don't use trading paints.

I think fake liveries are ok but the DRM ones with silly stuff like "GAG HER" is a bit pathetic...don't want to sound like a whining girl but you know...

But like you say we can get rid of them for real ones pretty quick.

Is there a American Muscle Cars 60s pack too?

There is... or rather, there will be...
It is still in his infancy, and time is not on my side, so, until then enjoy the '70s ;)

This is the idea:

1d9354db417d4e1bea2070uktv.jpg

60bisnaso7jio.jpg

c8140bcb2c17ba88fc6438qj8g.jpg

img_5330mqkb6.jpg

junior339ja1.jpeg

nalleyibk3v.jpeg

roymaynerskq1.jpg

If someone has a good '66 galaxie 3D model, (or any car that would fit the era and idea), game ready, please post it
at the moment I have only the fairlane and the chevy impala '66 :gtpflag:
still pondering the idea to include some mustangs '66 from unknown origin (SBH style 'tho), but I miss the big players like the pontiacs, plymouths...

Images of the era that would help doing skins would also be much appreciated, like the ones above (send per pm or post here please)

Cheers !

Last edited:
Ah, understood.

It is, and I hate it, but it is what it is. I'd be all over custom skins otherwise, but in order for them to appear online everyone on the server has to have them installed on their system, and obviously outside of a league or club that's extremely unlikely to happen. So while it may seem like a waste of time to make those fake liveries, for online racers it's time well spent. :) Back in the Gran Turismo days I always painted my cars in the same color scheme so my fellow racers would know right away it was me, I really miss being able to do that.

Hi guys, I love group 5 cars, is the DRM mod pack worth the money? I do have some of legions group 5 car mods, also lot a few, is anyone able to share with me the best 1970/80 group 5 monsters?

here a lot of nascar tracks (mostly ovals) by aa_Trackguy
expand the announcements post ;)
- Many are missing the cameras, but are usable. (if someone could add the cameras, it would be nice :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/940405266010495/

Hi guys, I love group 5 cars, is the DRM mod pack worth the money? I do have some of legions group 5 car mods, also lot a few, is anyone able to share with me the best 1970/80 group 5 monsters?

have a look here if you can find something:
http://f1classic.forumotion.com/t19809-release-aspec7878-scam-cars-free-download-2

the DRM should be there somewhere, since it was not a "legal" conversion.
IMO, the 3D models are very nice, but honestly, I don't like the physics. (this is a subjective opinion, so try before judging ;) )

Last edited:
Has anybody a clou what just happend to GeroDa74?
I just drove some of cars again and I got remindet of how awesome they are. There are lot of unfinished projects on his FB site. What a pitty...

Posted about the American Racing Championship series earlier, and here we have new shots from 10 minutes ago.:lol: Finally a proper old school IMSA GTO like series. This is of only one manufacture, hopefully a lot of quality skins come from the community.

"Soon, more news about VRC American Racing Championship series!"
68870052-1044967859227969-3708980679896203264-o.jpg

68951320-1044967872561301-6384843312162930688-o.jpg

edit: well look what I see...
Capture.png
Goodness, it is as if they read my mind.

Omg, so simple with CM. So if you put 290hp* and 242Nm* for example, CM modifies the power of the engine (power.lut)? Incredible :cheers:

Yes I'm a guitar player myself now destroying my fingers with Paul Gilbert's lessons :crazy:

Thank you my friend.

Just out of curiosity, which files in the car/data(?) folder are changed with this alteration? Cheers!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back