Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,815 comments
Im sorta new to assetto on the pc , ive downloaded a few cars and tracks bur the problem im having is some of the cars ive got dont have any sound in the chase cam. Any ideas?
The game has had its sound engine updated quite a few times over the years. Usually any cars made before these switches are incompatible and either have no sound or are messed up. I'm not sure if people other than the original mod creators can fix it, but I think it's just a side effect of old mods unfortunately.

Im sorta new to assetto on the pc , ive downloaded a few cars and tracks bur the problem im having is some of the cars ive got dont have any sound in the chase cam. Any ideas?

That means you've downloaded some older car mods, their sounds do not work anymore. It's possible to fix this manually yourself but it is much easier to do it with Content Manager. Download Content Manager now if you don't already have it.

When you load up CM, select your broken car mod, near the bottom is an option to replace its sound. Click it and you'll be given a list of all the cars you have. Click on one of Kunos's official cars who's engine is the closest match to the one in your mod car. Your mod car will now have working sounds.

Single screen with a 970 should be able to crank up the details pretty high

I used to run 1440p/60 with most things maxed or on high, with reflections/frequency probably around medium.

Well, like I said, it appears to really depend on your hardware. On my old PC, which was still a pretty good machine, it looked good but not great and I still enjoyed it for cruising. On my new PC with all the bells and whistles turned to 11 it looks absolutely stunning, I was staggered at how dramatically improved it was. That was the moment I knew for sure that buying this new PC was a good decision :D But it's definitely more of a cruising track than a racing track (I don't think the AI even works on most of the layouts) so if you're not into cruising it probably wouldn't do much for you.

Looking at @ALB123's latest message, it looks like he veered off his lane while typing...
Hahaha I was sleep typing...That's a felony in 17 states ya know! :P Lake Louise definitely isn't for everyone. The colors might look a little washed out to people, but I think that was intentional - to give it that cold Canadian look when the sun just isn't breaking through. It's different, but I like it. 👍 Brandon is correct. There is only AI available on a couple of layouts. None of the free roam's obviously. It's a shame that there aren't more servers running the 50km Lake Louise. You could have some fun with a bunch of friends making mischief on that mountain.

As it was already mentioned, if you install Content Manager just go into CONTENT > CARS -- don't go into your car list from the DRIVE section. Not only can you fix the broken sounds of cars, but now you can also easily swap tires from other vehicles (technically you're just copying them). You can fix broken/missing preview files too. Its fantastic.

I've been playing around with this 1970 Chevy Camaro Z/28...it was just released by the author a few hours ago. There are 3 versions included in the download. Regular, Tuned & Drag. I've just been driving the Regular version, but I'm sure the others are okay.

So, I suggest you go grab yourself a 6-pack of Old Milwaukee beer, throw your jean jacket on (Yes, the one with the AC/DC patches) and press Play on your 8-Track of Molly Hatchet's ‘Flirtin’ with Disaster’. Only then can you drive this car! :D

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!VoABzRqC!-xFUPw7u1xPljFRIQwLyXaPXqZvJoBm36RZqorc8vdA

Another release from just a few hours ago - The Ford Focus RS SuperPack (4 cars). There is a regular Ford Focus RS, Ford Focus RS S1, Ford Focus RS Time Attack & Ford Focus RS Time Attack Evolution. These are all MK2's by the way. I drove the regular Focus RS and the regular Time Attack model. Both drove very nicely! The Time Attack is freakin' nuts. I can just imagine what the T.A. Evolution is going to be like. :eek:

Download Link: (Link Removed -- Scroll down a few posts -- The Fords have been updated)

Enjoy.

Last edited:
I've been playing around with this 1970 Chevy Camaro Z/28...it was just released by the author a few hours ago. There are 3 versions included in the download. Regular, Tuned & Drag. I've just been driving the Regular version, but I'm sure the others are okay.

So, I suggest you go grab yourself a 6-pack of Old Milwaukee beer, throw your jean jacket on (Yes, the one with the AC/DC patches) and press Play on your 8-Track of Molly Hatchet's ‘Flirtin’ with Disaster’. Only then can you drive this car! :D

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!VoABzRqC!-xFUPw7u1xPljFRIQwLyXaPXqZvJoBm36RZqorc8vdA

Another release from just a few hours ago - The Ford Focus RS SuperPack (4 cars). There is a regular Ford Focus RS, Ford Focus RS S1, Ford Focus RS Time Attack & Ford Focus RS Time Attack Evolution. These are all MK2's by the way. I drove the regular Focus RS and the regular Time Attack model. Both drove very nicely! The Time Attack is freakin' nuts. I can just imagine what the T.A. Evolution is going to be like. :eek:

Download Link: https://mega.nz/#!twtEBSTJ!J_lyF0VrkiX0FU_MzLfhU-ID0w2BtHi3p8kyt43KCWw

Enjoy.

Please forgive me...I ended up doing a lot more stuff than I originally planned. The two cars are pretty fun. I like these old race cars. They're freaking fast though! They might be old, but they can boogie. I wish that I could have done more in-depth testing tonight but I ran into a big problem with one of these Ferrari's and it took me quite a while to fix, plus I got stuck doing some other things here. Without further ado...

Download Links:
Ferrari 333SP - https://mega.nz/#!kU82DTxQ!cUTkjV3xdvNv3MMK1uEg_Mc7eo5tdYdyVQLjh21immc

Ferrari 312PB - https://mega.nz/#!kAc0nRoL!PlEBrWbCutEgpGA9F28HH_QcJVqQJRH4O_fpJhyxl-A

Go ahead and take the Ferrari 312pb out for a spin. If you hear a high-pitched squeal and it's annoying the heck out of you, then you're going to have to go into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\Cars\ferrari_312pb\sfx and edit the file called "GUID.txt" that file assigns all the sounds to various parts/features of the car. You'll need to delete this line:

{49c58bb5-0d68-4678-84d6-8139d28ddfb5} event:/cars/ferrari_312pb/transmission

Once you do that, you should have your sanity back. I wanted to shove pencils into my ears. :mad: It took me quite a long time to figure it out and then I noticed if I had just scrolled down a bit, when I downloaded it, they were talking about this issue and how to fix it. :banghead:
Where are you finding these mods?? Great stuff!

Yeah, now I know what you mean about the 312PB whine. :lol: I'll keep it for now. Definitely keeping both Ferraris in my library.

Watched Focus video. :drool:
*goes to download mod*

Where are you finding these mods?? Great stuff!

Yeah, now I know what you mean about the 312PB whine. :lol: I'll keep it for now. Definitely keeping both Ferraris in my library.

Watched Focus video. :drool:
*goes to download mod*
Velo's mods is really good. 👍 I also became friendly with some dude on Reddit from /r/AssettoCorsa - one day we started talking about mods and he's like "I hunt down mods all the time. If you want I could send you messages a few times each week about 'em." So, I said that would be cool. He's pointed me to a few stinkers, but I expect that to happen in this mod world.

I'm going to attach my GUID.txt file (Ferrari 312pb) zipped up. Now, once you have the file you just have to navigate to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\content\cars\ferrari_312pb\sfx

Now just drop the file GUIDs.txt that I supplied into that folder replacing the one currently there. It's exactly the same, except I pulled the one sound that was making that high pitch sound that drove me crazy.

Attachments

• GUIDs.zip
    2 KB · Views: 9
Has anyone tried the new Tool in recent Content Manager update? What exactly is CM upgrading with installed cars?
I haven't. Over on the official support forum we're currently waiting for @x4fab to give us a rundown on what it is. Instead of using the TOOLS page, however, you can go into Content > Cars and select a mod car you like that has old v3 tires or v7, whatever... You'll notice that on the bottom row where it says "Replace Sound" there is the migration helper, but also a selection to "Replace Tires".

I guess, when you press that it will take a lot at the tires on your car currently (it keeps front and back separate, of course) and it will pull up a list of cars that have near identical tires, in terms of dimensions. Then, I guess you just drag and drop the tires you want to copy from the newer tire model onto your mod car that hasn't been using the newer tire model.

Now, every car in the sim isn't upgraded to TM10 yet, although I've heard Aris has been busting balls to get 'em done. Well, you can also upgrade your mod to TM7 tires as well. Like I said, there are a lot of older mods out there that would be totally fine to use except the sounds are often broken because they were made on a very old version of FMod and the tires are often TM3 or TM4 or whatever.

But the full Migration Tool? Sorry, I don't have a handle on that yet. I will post here as soon as I do - I'm sure it will be sometime this upcoming week.

And lest anyone think that White Trash Weekend is over....Think again!

Get all your Marshall Tucker Band, .38 Special & Allman Brothers Band cassettes together because I've got two more Camaro Z28's coming your way really soon - a 1971 & a 1979. They're each tuned to about 350 ponies and boy these cars are hotter than a billy goat with a blow torch. So stayed tuned and crank that Charlie Daniels!

Get all your Marshall Tucker Band, .38 Special & Allman Brothers Band cassettes together because I've got two more Camaro Z28's coming your way really soon - a 1971 & a 1979. They're each tuned to about 350 ponies and boy these cars are hotter than a billy goat with a blow torch. So stayed tuned and crank that Charlie Daniels!
Sharing is caring! :cheers: I love me some classic American muscle.

I'm going to go ahead and post the two cars shortly. I didn't get finished with them, unfortunately, but they should still be decent enough to drive. I didn't build either of them (the models or the majority of physics), but I had to do a hell of a lot of fixing to make these cars realistic. One of the cars was on Tire Model 2! I didn't even own the game when TM2 was in use.

Unfortunately, I've only got the cars onto TM7 at the moment. I'm not even 100% convinced about the tires on TM7, so I didn't want to jump ahead and get myself into a hole I can't get out of. It blows my mind that people will put so much time into making these cars for AC but completely throw out the realism. I'm talking about gearboxes that change gears as fast as a Formula One car. Suspension that feels like it came from a La Ferrari. Brakes that stop on a dime, etc...

Like I said, I'll make them available shortly. If you feel like trying them, fine. If you'd rather wait until I have Tire Model 10 rubber on them and I'm ready to say "I'm finished...", that's cool too. However, if you do drive either of thes in their current state, please provide me with some feedback. I'm not exactly the greatest car modder... :lol:

Mmm, Ford Focus RS Superpack!
See what you could be driving this evening? Got rob a store and then buy your new PC with the proceeds. :sly:

Okay...I'm going to post the 1971 & 1979 Camaro Z28's below. I had a little problem earlier today where I completely messed up both cars so badly that I just started from the beginning. So, I don't have as much done as I hoped. I put the v7 TM back on both cars in a semi-decent form. And I fixed a few of the engine/power/transmission issues. I hope they feel decent enough right now, but please feel free to send me a PM or even post right in this thread with any suggestions you have to improve it. Tires are the one of the biggest deals with these cars.

It kills me. Both these cars were listed with 350hp, but when I pulled up the original power files they were both pushing almost 500hp. :rolleyes:

1971 - https://mega.nz/#!6VdRDQxL!8yThRRCgclwtwL1jeVEYuqbkgY8wi3t7eYtqM9vlwXk

1979 - https://mega.nz/#!7dUiSJRY!8vU2k3Re3d7sK4uXTlXz-0Z7LqUDTklrCw3b01NmwTk

Wish I could even if I could as my Playseat is out of action. Building a new chassis, waiting on my bucket seat to arrive before I can start and need that 1080Ti for the PC.

Cannot wait to play this stuff on the PC version though.

Sorry guys...It looks like there were some issues with the Ford Focus RS Superpack.

The author jumped right on it and provided fixes.
-A 3d issue in stock and S1 versions.
-A Texture issue on stock and S1 versions.
-The digital dashboard is 100% funtional now, with rpm leds and rpm indicator in lcd. Flashlight in dash when car is in the pit line.
-Added advanced setup for suspensions in TA versions.
-Small details in all cars.

New Link:
https://mega.nz/#!dpERlbpb!em7bx4Xd9iQ0-ygQUgGAxWb3-4LSjWTHUHhDEGRGsxc

Who want to go Vroom Vroom?

i97hEqe.jpg

Ferrari F50 (Updated Feb 9th, 2017)
https://mega.nz/#!EsAGxLqS!0vR6ofitw1T2cCoPK-lviSYFVpMmiINORuh8BeWFv7c

7scBMv3.jpg

Ferrari California (Updated Feb 9th, 2017) There is a folder containing a Black Interior, if you want to use it. Instructions inside.
https://mega.nz/#!B0gyEK6R!BDXZPo_wb37h-6JqR-yc6lT73hfK9H8EitrXn7llCMk

BjgE3Km.jpg

BMW 2002 Group 2 (AC Legends) (Updated Feb 11th, 2017) ** I haven't driven this yet **
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qmx741xntop1x8e/ac_legends_bmw_2002+Gr2+by+Bazza.rar

Enjoy! 👍

After trying the Ford Focus RS Superpack i was searching for more cars of the same author on google and i found this :
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series Very nice car to drive.
Yup. I installed that one on New Years Eve and then forgot to go back and give it a good thrashing. If I install a handful of mods, I just like to do a couple of laps around Vallelunga Classic (or any short track) with each car just to make sure there are no issues that would make me want to throw the mod in the trash. Occasionally, I forget to go back to a car or two once I've verified they're all working...Often it will be 3 weeks later and I'm scrolling through my cars and all of a sudden, "When the hell did I get this car?! Ohhhh yeah... d'oh!" :lol: :banghead: The only thing that I don't like about that C63 AMG is the aero bits (dive planes) in front. Now that I think about it, I think there might be a way to remove them. I'm having a vague memory. Maybe in that Texture folder, they might be a .dds file that can be swapped into the Skins folder and while it won't physically remove them, they'll become transparent - completely invisible. I gotta remember to look into that. I'm glad you reminded me. :D

n2qq0bH.jpg

Mazda RX-3 GT
https://mega.nz/#!X4FSkDBR!p21R1KhDpA6Py14gPRAgJcE2ypqJmOZTOzcgiOzsuqk

I've been driving & racing this car for hours. It's not the fastest car, obviously, but it's got meaty modern tires (TM10). The Street tires are only Front: 215's Rear: 225's but they're great for this car. It does come with Semislicks Front: 235's Rear: 255's but I haven't even tried them yet. The car even comes with skinning templates, so making personal skins isn't too hard.

There's something about these types of cars that I just love. Not too powerful, but capable of providing good, fun racing! Sure, it's fun flying around the Nordschleife in that Ferrari F50, but this badboy ain't too shabby either. :D

The mods recently posted by ALB can be found in Facebook group "Velo's Mods & Updates for Assetto Corsa." The Ford Focus pack and Merc C63 AMG were done by Beto. He seems to be a quality modder. His Ferrari F40 Competizione... :drool:. He also posted a quality BAC Mono.

The mods recently posted by ALB can be found in Facebook group "Velo's Mods & Updates for Assetto Corsa." The Ford Focus pack and Merc C63 AMG were done by Beto. He seems to be a quality modder. His Ferrari F40 Competizione... :drool:. He also posted a quality BAC Mono.
He has a F40 Competizione? Oh, I need to check that out... I didn't get the Mazda RX-3 or BMW 2002 from there...I'm not 100% positive about the Mazda, but the BMW 2002 came from Assetto Corsa Mod Central. There's quite a few Facebook grounds that all seem to have similar mods.

I have had to go through so many different F40 Competizione mods before finally finding one that worked okay. It had some body & wheel issues that I had to fix. I think when you cranked the wheel it would go right through the front fender(s). But, I think that one was still on TM7, I think. That car is like the Holy Grail for me...not even because I like it that much, but because of how long I have been hunting for a good, fully working version. :lol:

I quickly tried the slowest Focus RS from that pack mentioned above, yesterday. My first reaction somehow was "Is this Project Cars??" :D
I don't exactly know why/how, it just felt like that.

I have a lot of track mods and only a few car mods because most car mods are not good enough, but Beto is an exception. He makes good quality mods.
The absolutely best car mod imo is the RSR Dallara F3.

This morning I was on Sp 237 - Loop North Coste Caino to Odolo Alternative AI, it is amazing to be able to drive with incoming traffic on such a nice road, I wish all the road available to us had that feature, try it if you have not yet.

This was quite a revelation for me this morning. I suggest using cars like the BMW m1, Elise SC, etc.., set the AI to comfortable pace and enjoy driving on a real road, with a street car with incoming traffic.

I wish we had that function on Black cat, it would give incentive to use it. Lake Louise with this would be epic!

Last edited:
Lake Louise with this would be epic!

I actually tried creating AI lines this weekend on Lake Louise that would have them staying in their lane. Problem is, a lot of the layouts will only allow 5 AI cars which would be pretty lame for traffic. I also tried on Pacific Coast but couldn't get it to work right (though the creator of that track is going to attempt the same thing and even have the AI loop back so you end up with two-way traffic). This is what the current Pacific Coast AI looks like, by choosing slower cars and setting the AI to the minimum it worked out ok but they kept wandering out of their lane and you can see a few of them got stuck behind other cars. Was still kinda fun though and somewhat accomplished what I was going after.

I actually tried creating AI lines this weekend on Lake Louise that would have them staying in their lane. Problem is, a lot of the layouts will only allow 5 AI cars which would be pretty lame for traffic. I also tried on Pacific Coast but couldn't get it to work right (though the creator of that track is going to attempt the same thing and even have the AI loop back so you end up with two-way traffic). This is what the current Pacific Coast AI looks like, by choosing slower cars and setting the AI to the minimum it worked out ok but they kept wandering out of their lane and you can see a few of them got stuck behind other cars. Was still kinda fun though and somewhat accomplished what I was going after.

Yes, a limit of 5 cars for AI, is not enough.
The AI loop back is essential in my view, to create a lasting 2 way traffic experience.
I am curious, does the track as to be created that way, with the uphill and down hill lane being a different track, or can this be added to any existing road.
The soon to be released Targa Florio would be amazing with two way traffic, so would be the existing Iles of Man. I never had to drive on the wrong side of the road with incoming traffic before.:)

Yes, a limit of 5 cars for AI, is not enough.
The AI loop back is essential in my view, to create a lasting 2 way traffic experience.
I am curious, does the track as to be created that way, with the uphill and down hill lane being a different track, or can this be added to any existing road.
The soon to be released Targa Florio would be amazing with two way traffic, so would be the existing Iles of Man.

Well, I think they'd at least need a place to turn around on a point-to-point track, then you record one AI line going up, turning around, and then continue back down to the original starting point. Pacific Coast has a petrol station at each end with plenty of room for them to turn around and go back the other direction and that's what he's going to try to do. He said there were some issues with the track mesh that made recording AI not work correctly, but he has fixed that and it should be better in the next update. So, I think how the track is originally created may have something to do with whether or not recording new AI lines will work. It's easy to record AI lines, you basically just drive a lap, but on these longer tracks it takes a while. You also have to make an AI pit line so you have to do everything twice, so at Targa Florio or Isle of Man that would take quite a while to do.

Well, I think they'd at least need a place to turn around on a point-to-point track, then you record one AI line going up, turning around, and then continue back down to the original starting point. Pacific Coast has a petrol station at each end with plenty of room for them to turn around and go back the other direction and that's what he's going to try to do. He said there were some issues with the track mesh that made recording AI not work correctly, but he has fixed that and it should be better in the next update. So, I think how the track is originally created may have something to do with whether or not recording new AI lines will work. It's easy to record AI lines, you basically just drive a lap, but on these longer tracks it takes a while. You also have to make an AI pit line so you have to do everything twice, so at Targa Florio or Isle of Man that would take quite a while to do.

I am familiar with creating AI line, yes it would take the time to do a long track like Isle of Man, but the real issue I see is that you do not have 2 define lanes, like they have done in SP 237. Just having one lane with AI driving in both direction on it will not allow for the cars to stick to proper side of the road, potentially creating a lot heads on collision. That is why SP 237 is so brilliant.
When you drive on the wrong (Incoming) lane on SP 237, you get the wrong way sign, because you are suddenly driving the wrong way. Without that, I do not see it working. the track has to be adapted that way.
Thinking about it, Iles of man, could work, but you would only be able to race half of the AI field, a point to point is maybe better as you need to be able to go up and down, with a buckle at both ends to make it work.

I am going to open this conversation on AC support forum.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back