Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,789 comments
One question about gearbox.
When I make a tuned version (with Car Tuner)of a 5 gear manual car and swap an engine of a car with 6 gears, my tuned version still has 5 gears.How can I change it to 6 gears?
With drivetrain.ini?What about driver animation for 6th gear?Thanks

Last edited:
2 new skins and some cars will have simple crews
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/huracan-super-trofeo-evo-north-america-skin-pack.28313/

__custom_showroom_1568996043.png

One question about gearbox.
When I make a tuned version (with Car Tuner)of a 5 gear manual car and swap an engine of a car with 6 gears, my tuned version still has 5 gears.How can I change it to 6 gears?
With drivetrain.ini?What about driver animation for 6th gear?Thanks

Yes just change the values in drivetrain.ini.

As for animation, isn't this normally just a generic swipe of the hand at the gearbox anyway so doesn't matter how many gears you have?

I need help with changing a car folder name completely.
I used to copy folder, change its name then use CM's replace sound feature. It works for most but not for all.
What should I look for besides sound?

Attachments

• sentul_circuit.zip
    743.4 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
I have an alfa romeo giullietta that has a floating driver on track until I get right up close and then the body of the car appears. I remember reading on here someone else having that issue.
What do I have to fix to make the car visible?

I have an alfa romeo giullietta that has a floating driver on track until I get right up close and then the body of the car appears. I remember reading on here someone else having that issue.
What do I have to fix to make the car visible?

Open the lods.ini in the data folder and change the values to match a car that works properly.

Example:

[COCKPIT_HR]
DISTANCE_SWITCH=7

[LOD_0]
FILE=ferrari_512s.kn5
IN=0
OUT=2500 *****this is the number to change*****

I found a mod called Ac color corrections.What does it do?
It does color/saturation etc corrections for KS tracks. Trees,textures,grass.

Hi guys, I wanted to ask you if someone could convert this fantastic car "MERCEDES SSK 1928" from the game GTR2 to AssettoCorsa ... Thanks

Will this work until then?
1931 Bentley Blower

custom-showroom-1569053341.jpg

Last edited:
Hello , thanks for your help but I still have a problem , I try to put the "rim blur" on the F355 Challenge , here’s the problem :

1569062847-capture-d-ecran-397.png

Thanks

.... I try to put the "rim blur" on the F355 Challenge , here’s the problem...
Thanks

I do not see a reason to use Rim Blur. Does anyone know why it is needed?

Rim blur in old games was because the monitor/game frame rate was too low to have the wheels appear to roll smoothly. Or even have the mesh rotate was too much for the hardware.
Rim blur saves, sometimes, a lot of polys if used with high poly wheels, which is not the case with this F355
Rim blur does not improve replays, as you are looking through a camera anyway so the 'walking' you see is exactly what you would see in a real replay.

So it is not Rim 'blur' as such but more another LOD* to help lessen the strain on our Potatoes.*

So nix the blur part completely. If your rims are simple just leave it as it is. If you do have very high poly rims, which seems to still be the 'in' thing much like hubcaps where back in the day, then create a lower poly rim and use the rim_blur.ini to switch it in.
Again remove this idea of blur from the scene. We have 4 Car LODs, a low resolution cockpit & driver and rim_blur to switch in lower poly objects at certain distances appropriately.

*For ESL members LOD = Level of Detail, Potato = Low specification computer.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back