Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,032 comments
How do those cars drive? Even the creators were like, "Eh...We just winged it with the specs and data!" -- that's paraphrasing, of course, but it's the gist of what they meant.
Haven't tried it myself, just saw the trailer and thought that I'd share it here.

I got a bit hyped when Dogfight started playing :lol:

Haven't tried it myself, just saw the trailer and thought that I'd share it here.

I got a bit hyped when Dogfight started playing :lol:
Oh okay..I thought maybe that was your video. :) I downloaded the pack to cloud storage but I don't really care for those cars. Still, I like to at least find out about the quality of certain mods. 👍

How do those cars drive? Even the creators were like, "Eh...We just winged it with the specs and data!" -- that's paraphrasing, of course, but it's the gist of what they meant.
They have loads of grip. The cars were made to be fun and follow the anime and are not about a realistic representation of the cars.

I am planning to buy this game for PC but not sure if my PC is good enough. Below are the information for my PC:

Processor: AMD A4-7300 APU with Radeon HD Graphics

RAM: 15.2 GB

System Type: 64-Bit

If my PC is not good enough, can you please give me an example of a good PC to play this game or Horizon 3 as well. You can provide me a link to some good computers. I was looking at Best Buy but they got too many options.

Thanks!

I am planning to buy this game for PC but not sure if my PC is good enough. Below are the information for my PC:

If my PC is not good enough, can you please give me an example of a good PC to play this game or Horizon 3 as well. You can provide me a link to some good computers. I was looking at Best Buy but they got too many options.

Thanks!
My first instinct is to say that your system should be able to run Assetto Corsa completely fine. I don't know a lot about AMD CPU's or Radeon graphics cards. I stopped following all the models and generations many years ago. Based on the CPU speed and system RAM, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say your video card should be able to handle Assetto Corsa. Do you know exactly which Radeon HD video card it is and how much video memory it has? Also, the good thing about the PC version of AC is you really can fine tune your graphics if you're looking for better performance. For instance, you probably couldn't run AC with every single setting set to the max, but you can fiddle around and probably put world detail to very high, but lower the resolution of the shadows and lower the quality of smoke. I'm just making that up as an example.

EDIT: Now I'm thinking that your computer is an integrated CPU & graphics processor? I just did a quick google search...if you know the model of HD Radeon I could give you a better opinion. But I think you'll be just fine.

Last edited:
EDIT: Now I'm thinking that your computer is an integrated CPU & graphics processor? I just did a quick google search...if you know the model of HD Radeon I could give you a better opinion. But I think you'll be just fine.

That was my thought, followed by thinking that probably won't be good enough. I think you're generally far better off with a dedicated GPU, hopefully someone smarter than me will clarify.

That was my thought, followed by thinking that probably won't be good enough. I think you're generally far better off with a dedicated GPU, hopefully someone smarter than me will clarify.
You know...The more I'm thinking about this, the more I'm inclined to say that it will probably run, but not be very enjoyable. Man, I'm looking at the prices of video cards...at least, the nvidia 900 series and I can't believe how much money they cost! Jesus...

I really need to brush up on my video card knowledge. Damn... I know nvidia has that newer Geforce 10XX series of video cards. You can spend less money on those than the Geforce 900 GTX cards. Unless I'm losing my mind and reading this incorrectly. I assumed the 1050, the lowest I'm aware of, would still be a really, really good card because it's newer. But that sure doesn't seem to be the case based on price.:boggled:

I rocked the 970 in my old PC and it had no problems running AC even with triple screens. Couldn't crank the eye-candy to the max but I could turn them up enough that it still looked great and ran smooth.

Thanks!
The most important part is the GPU, we need to know what model it is to help you.

The most important part is the GPU, we need to know what model it is to help you.
Agreed. The minimum system requirements listed are surprisingly low. I've never set all the graphics options as low as they'll go, so I have no idea how it'd look, but if you can't get decent fps that would be awful. :boggled:

Where do I go to find the model number of the GPU? Inside the desktop? I need to open the desktop right?

You can go to your "My Computer" folder and somewhere on the top of the folder there is a button named "Properties". I think you'll find there everything you need to know.

But since you have a desktop, you most likely have a dedicated GPU. Furthermore, I'm guessing you bought it pre assembled, so the system is balanced from scratch. I would say that you're fine to play Assetto.

Don't think it's been mentioned here yet, but I highly recommend giving the 2015 Williams FW37 mod by VRC a go.

Screenshot_vrc_2015_williams_fw37_ks_silverstone_26-3-117-16-54-28.jpg

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/vrc-2015-williams-fw37.14491/

It feels a little more in-line with how I expect a V6-Hybrid-era F1 car to drive and behave under load compared to the Ferrari of the same year. It makes some different sounds compared to the SF15-T via turbo whistles & pitches and many others, which I like as it's different and that makes it 'new and exciting' IMO.
It's a great competitor to the Ferrari as well, in my limited testing, both produce very similar laptimes under the same conditions and driving approach. I personally also like how VRC 'simplified' the hybrid-settings by listing them as either hotlap, quali or race, the latter of which is split 3-ways depending on what downforce you're running, rather nice because I just go "I'm running [X amount of downforce], so I need [X DF RACE/QUALI] mode", no fiddling with deployment or harvesting-rates and trying to balance that with engine-braking.
The baseline setup is good out of the box, I've only marginally tweaked a few things and I'm very comfortable pushing the car as fast as the tires can cope with. I'd like to run a full race distance this weekend if I happen to find time, and If I do I'll report back here to let anyone interested know how it felt/changed over a longer stint. 👍

I've read comments from several people who think that's the best open-wheeler in all of AC, @Kurei. I have the car, but I don't think I've put more than 5 miles on the car. Me + Open-Wheel = Bad Time.

I've read comments from several people who think that's the best open-wheeler in all of AC, @Kurei. I have the car, but I don't think I've put more than 5 miles on the car. Me + Open-Wheel = Bad Time.

For me, first impression of this mod is that it is extraordinary.........2nd only to the Ferrari F2002 using my G27. Really look forward to more testing.......:cheers:

For me, first impression of this mod is that it is extraordinary.........2nd only to the Ferrari F2002 using my G27. Really look forward to more testing.......:cheers:
That's cool. I'm terrible with open wheel cars. I'm sure if I spent a week driving open wheelers I would improve exponentially, but I don't really care to. They're just not my cup of tea. That's why I can never really give an opinion on the quality of 'em.

I believe misterbeam did the physics on the F2002. That dude knows his stuff. Doesn't surprise me that it turned out to be an amazing mod.

Does the real car have a manual?
Wikipedia says 6 speed manual & 6 speed sequential manual...

Check out this little firecracker too. I meant to post this last night and I forgot. :embarrassed:

1xT3IxG.jpg

https://mega.nz/#!I5IXzYJY!552A_eKobxWArLA9h0KL6aJjxQ5_w8dN1NtT8yKnhZ4

I don't know why the hell they put v7 tires on this thing. Pull up x4fab's tire swapper in Content Manager and put v10s on this thing if you want. I keep running across mods marked "v1.13.1 ready" and they're on v7 or lower tires fairly often. WTF?! The tires are pretty important... :rolleyes:

The two Godzilla mods on Racedepartment are really good, but the sound is way too loud. Is there a way to edit the sound files to make it quieter?

The two Godzilla mods on Racedepartment are really good, but the sound is way too loud. Is there a way to edit the sound files to make it quieter?
I don't know for sure. I do know that x4fab added "Car specific Presets" in Content Manager, however, I can't say with 100% certainty the settings where you set the sound levels is able to be saved as a Preset. I'm not in front of my laptop at the moment so I can't look it up.

Dammit! Brownninja uploaded a TS020 mod on RaceDepartment, but it turned out to be an April Fools joke.

View attachment 638526

The mod got taken down already.
:lol: That's funny. I'm sure it got a lot of downloads too. Brownninja & his pals were building a TS020 but there have been continuous setbacks and delays. So, I'm sure a lot of people thought, "Finally! It's here.". Unfortunately, I don't know if it will ever see a public release. :grumpy: Heck, I'm starting to wonder if we'll ever see the TS040 or Audi R18 we've been hearing about forever. They'll never be able to compete with the Porsche 919s, because they're too old, right?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back