Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,826 comments
View media item 54567
They do indeed, however I could not resist to start the Mazda alongside with the P4/5C, I just love the shaping of the RT24-P.

Quick preview of what is coming (this specific version will represent the #55 car from the 12 hours of Sebring 2019):
View attachment 857584
One thing: If it is possible (i have no idea), could you try to set the Mazda commercial on the top of the windscreen a liitle bit more far down? It looks to high in comparison to rl. I tried to mark it in the screenshot.

Last edited:
One thing: If it is possible (i have no idea), could you try to set the Mazda commercial on the top of the windscreen a liitle bit more far down? It looks to high in comparison to rl.

Certainly, a number of changes is yet to come.

The current version is lacking the small, red arrows all around the body panels, the door handle frame, the proper font on the back of the #55 number and also the metal plating right behind the exhaust outlet and the black Mazda sticker on the side of the fin, plus a few smaller details, that I have not listed yet.

#77 also needs some work, but luckily it shares the majority of the details with the #55.

Here's a weird question. I was wondering if I could get Steam to open Content Manager instead of the original AssettoCoesa.exe.
So I searched and found this:

"2 years ago

If you want Steam overlay to be in Content Manager, please, go to Assetto Corsa folder, rename AssettoCorsa.exe to AssettoCorsa_original.exeand put CM as AssettoCorsa.exe. Then, for Steam, there’ll be no difference in the original launcher or CM, and Steam will start CM instead. Also, this way, CM will be able to launch acs.exe directly, read achievements for special events directly and all that. You will be able to start the original launcher (as long as it’s named AssettoCorsa_original.exe) at any point from CM. And, of course, Steam overlay will work as well.

The only problem with this approach is that next AC update might replace CM. But, just in case, no data will be lost, and original launcher is being updated quite rarely, so I don’t think it’s a major inconvenience.

Also, you could try to use AC Service starter, which basically does a similar thing, but replaces AssettoCorsa.exe with a very small service running in background with an icon in the system tray allowing to start the race at any point. But I think drawbacks are similar, the only advantage is that you will be able to restart CM frequently without exiting and reentering AC for your friends in Steam (that service will keep running for some time after each usage, by default it’s two hours)."

Well, I tried that and Steam instantly started redownloading Assetto Corsa and what I would assume "repair" the install.
The purpose of this is to use Content Manager in Steam Remote Play. Can't use Steam Remote with the original launcher due to too many mods for it to handle. I realize that this is from a two year old thread and much might have changed since then. I'd like to be able to work in Content Manager and program away from my driving rig computer.

It's a long shot but has anyone been able to get this to work?

What do you think about this skin for the 488 challenge ?

W.I.P ;)
122.jpg
MOR_8927.jpg

Alfa Romeo 155 V6 Ti ITCC 1996 1.5
Alfa Romeo 155 Evo ITCC 1996
This is my first Mod on Assetto Corsa (probably it will also be the last). I did my best to build this car at the height of A.C., it is certainly not lacking in both graphic and physical characteristics, but anyone who wants to improve any aspect of this Mod, feels free to do so, but please make it your own. Needless to say, the Mod is free. Have fun.
View attachment 857442 View attachment 857443 View attachment 857444

Link : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alfa-romeo-155-v6-ti-itcc-1996.29192/

This is precisely the reason why a "Mod rated list by the community" will never work.
This is basically the kunos 155 with in it's kindest form..one of the worst models i have ever seen since ToCA 2 on top of kunos's physics..
Yet it has currently 4 out of 5 stars on RD based mainly I must imagine from his friends and one idiot who says how great the suspension is..well yah it is by kunos that is why...

I don't want to mean but really?

This is precisely the reason why a "Mod rated list by the community" will never work.
This is basically the kunos 155 with in it's kindest form..one of the worst models i have ever seen since ToCA 2 on top of kunos's physics..
Yet it has currently 4 out of 5 stars on RD based mainly I must imagine from his friends and one idiot who says how great the suspension is..well yah it is by kunos that is why...

Wow.. i think subtle constructive criticism might have been a batter tact.

Here's the one by MSC...not sure if it's readily available...I didn't really see it around and I can't access the cars menu on Assettoland to check

MSC Alfa Romeo 155 ITC
https://we.tl/t-6tKWMDLB3X

upload_2019-10-15_0-1-3.png

Wow.. i think subtle constructive criticism might have been a batter tact.

But it's hard to be constructive when someone is passing off kunos physics as their own?

On RD someone has put "this guys knows about suspensions!!" 5 out of 5 stars!

It is kunos suspension...from the 155.....does the author come on to say "yes in fairness i used kunos physics but thanks..".. no they don't..

edit: It is the same as that MSC mods electroforce posted up but having a few tweeks fixed via CM...... so it's taken from a mod already and passed off as someone 'first mod'....yet rated 4/5 stars on RD...
My point again...you can't trust anyone but yourself when it comes to what is a good and bad mods...

I will add that i see nothing wrong with driving around in a re bodied kunos physics car, so long as the modder is open about that and the use of kunos physics....

Last edited:
Sometimes a car mod does have a strange FFB I'd like to change. Where are the FFB settings inside the folder of a specific car? Are they easy to change or copy values from another car?

Thunder72, ya gotta get out of that default skin, and change it up a bit.
And with the mod physics talk - so many times one car is modified from the original, another person gets that and modifies it. Than another comes along and over hauls that version. Than another genius comes along and changes camber settings and attachment points.

All it is is to many people putting hands on stuff when you don't even know what your 'fixing' because you're tweaking something that's been mangled four times before it, and that person is the fifth. Hence, Frankenstein mangle. Give it 5 stars! :lol:

Thunder72, re-skin that sloth.
wallhaven-kwjxwm.png

Sometimes a car mod does have a strange FFB I'd like to change. Where are the FFB settings inside the folder of a specific car? Are they easy to change or copy values from another car?
There are none. You can adjust overall force using num+ num- but that's it.

In game APP, FFB will adjust for you.

Ok, so the difference in FFB between a car and another car, aside overall force, is determined by the physics values in the data folder I assume.

There’s a setting in the cars data folder in car.ini that adjusts the FFB overall force per car. I’m not at my computer at the moment but there is definitely a setting in there. I think it’s just labelled “FFB=“

There’s a setting in the cars data folder in car.ini that adjusts the FFB overall force per car. I’m not at my computer at the moment but there is definitely a setting in there. I think it’s just labelled “FFB=“

I think you mean FFMULT=, and I think this is just the overall force of the FFB you adjust with num+ num-.

I would also like to understand where some points are adjusted.

For example, the car has little overall FFB strength for me. But if I increase it, the steering wheel starts knocking on kerbs and irregularities.

Or in the turn in case of loss of adhesion of front tyres - the force on the steering wheel is completely lost, as if FFB was disconnected. Are these tires, suspension, FFB?

In the first versions of AC, car setup had a damping adjustment. Then it was possible to increase this importance a little, which gave a bit of weight to the steering wheel, and it did not lead to knocks and rigid blows. But in a next update, this setting was removed. And now it 's impossible to add effort without ruining everything else. This applies not only to mods, but also to official content.
How do you adjust feedback when you work on physics?
Let 's imagine that the author of physics got all the values from the car manufacturer, it should give the most correct physics in the game. But the FFB turned out to be terrible... How do I fix this?

I think you mean FFMULT=, and I think this is just the overall force of the FFB you adjust with num+ num-.

Ah right, yeah that’s the one I was thinking about. So it has the exact same affect as + and -? If you change with those keys, does this value in the car.ini get changed and saved per car?

Ah right, yeah that’s the one I was thinking about. So it has the exact same affect as + and -? If you change with those keys, does this value in the car.ini get changed and saved per car?

I can't check it out right now but I'm almost 100 % sure is that way.

I would also like to understand where some points are adjusted.

For example, the car has little overall FFB strength for me. But if I increase it, the steering wheel starts knocking on kerbs and irregularities.

Or in the turn in case of loss of adhesion of front tyres - the force on the steering wheel is completely lost, as if FFB was disconnected. Are these tires, suspension, FFB?

In the first versions of AC, car setup had a damping adjustment. Then it was possible to increase this importance a little, which gave a bit of weight to the steering wheel, and it did not lead to knocks and rigid blows. But in a next update, this setting was removed. And now it 's impossible to add effort without ruining everything else. This applies not only to mods, but also to official content.
How do you adjust feedback when you work on physics?
Let 's imagine that the author of physics got all the values from the car manufacturer, it should give the most correct physics in the game. But the FFB turned out to be terrible... How do I fix this?

Sounds like maybe the kerb/wheel slip effects are too high? In AC I don't experience anything like what you described. You can increase the damping in your wheel profiler but in AC it only works at very low speeds (< 3mph IIRC).

Sounds like maybe the kerb/wheel slip effects are too high? In AC I don't experience anything like what you described. You can increase the damping in your wheel profiler but in AC it only works at very low speeds (< 3mph IIRC).
No, for most cars, for official cars, everything works well.
Damper used to work at all speeds - it was very convenient. I think maybe (I don 't know that exactly) it can actually work and now, just need to know where it 's "hidden..."

Nope it works like this.
FFB multi in data file car.ini for example is say, 4.2
Out on track dependent on your 'overall' FFB settings, your car has really rerally strong clipping.... so you press the '-' key and go from 100 to say 50 and the FFB stops clipping...
The OCD in me would go back to car.ini file and make FFB multi say 2.2... so on track i can raise the FFB via '+' to say 92.... so i room for more strength if needed..hope this clears this up...the - and + plus on track does not change the car.ini file values....

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back