Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,036 comments
Sorry if this has been posted already. Just saw it in my YouTube sub feed and thought I would share.

So, you have to join the forum in order to see the link? :rolleyes: I've come across those before...and then you need to make 5 posts in order to see the link - just so they can pump up membership numbers and post counts. If the mod was any good it would be well known by now anyway. 👎

So, you have to join the forum in order to see the link? :rolleyes: I've come across those before...and then you need to make 5 posts in order to see the link - just so they can pump up membership numbers and post counts. If the mod was any good it would be well known by now anyway. 👎

I'm pretty sure I got an older version of that mod, just have to sign up and download. It was pretty decent for a rip, probably worth checking out because oddly it's about the best option we have for Aussie V8s.

I'm pretty sure I got an older version of that mod, just have to sign up and download. It was pretty decent for a rip, probably worth checking out because oddly it's about the best option we have for Aussie V8s.
Okie dokie. I'll keep that in mind if I ever get around to finishing up all this nonsense I've got going on.👍

Some of those track remind me of those earlier mod when modder did not know how to manage track surface. It is a bit weird.
I thought we were beyond that point by now.
I know...Right? Ugh... I did some laps on the Sebring track recently made available on RD. I like it much more than the existing Sebring that happens to also be on the project reboot site. It's strange...I really like some of his other track reboot projetcs. I emailed the guy earlier this evening. I really want those tracks to be great, but I will never drive Monaco again if the bumpiness isn't toned down. Sebring as well.

Oh...I finally got around to trying those 1937 Formula One cars. Well, actually just one so far. The Mercedes W125. Around Vallelunga I'm not sure if I got my foot to the floor more than once or twice. The car just wants to throw me into a wall. Take a look at the Power/Torque graph the next time you are in Assetto Corsa. The car produces insane amounts of Torque in low revs and it only drops off slowly. It's a complete animal. I'm going to have to try the others. I'm looking at the Power/Torque graphs of the others. They're much saner looking. :lol: Well, the Auto Union Type C looks pretty nuts too. :eek:

Yes, not sure if they are realistic, the Mercedes is much faster than the other, the Alfa is also fast, but the handling is on par on what those bicycle tires and the rubber and the roads of 1937 must have been like, maybe.
May or may not be accurate, but I find it fun.

Other than RaceDepartment, where else can I find car skins? Preferably somewhere that has them organized by car and/or race series.

I am very tough on mods, if they are not right I likely won't like it. Accuracy of the mods are key although graphically I'm not too fussed. This 911 GT2 RS looks great for a small mb mod and feels great on the track but it is certainly too grippy. On my leader board it lapped 4 seconds quicker than the 488 GTB.
Screenshot_porsche_911_gt2_rs_magione_28-5-117-20-54-46.jpg

Now either I'm a complete fool who knows nothing about this car or I'm correct 👍

If I had to rate it, it'd be a 7.5/10. Only issue is it's too fast and slight graphical oddities

I am very tough on mods, if they are not right I likely won't like it. Accuracy of the mods are key although graphically I'm not too fussed. This 911 GT2 RS looks great for a small mb mod and feels great on the track but it is certainly too grippy. On my leader board it lapped 4 seconds quicker than the 488 GTB.
View attachment 649658
Now either I'm a complete fool who knows nothing about this car or I'm correct 👍

If I had to rate it, it'd be a 7.5/10. Only issue is it's too fast and slight graphical oddities
I have been using fewer and fewer mods as of late. I still keep them so I can throw AI drivers into them and have very diverse race lineups.

The vast majority of mods are not accurate at all. As you pointed out, they almost always have way too much grip and are way too fast. I don't understand it. Some of the more active modders spend so much time converting cars to work inside of Assetto Corsa, yet when it comes to just punching in the proper power numbers and making sure the car isn't too grippy on a skid pad, they can't be arsed to spend 30 minutes getting it right. I've come to the conclusion there are two reasons for this. A) They honestly don't care if it's accurate or not and B) All they want to do is get their name out there..."Oh, look how many cars Mr. X released." Or, "wow! Mr. Y released a whole bunch of awesome old cars!"

The cars that will usually be proper mods with dozens of hours of testing and refining will be the ones you find on Race Department. However, even some of those may not necessarily be 100% accurate, but they will be 100% scratch built...These Facebook Modders, as I call them because that's where they release everything, are always using ripped Forza models or ripped 3D models from another source. They often have very decent 3D models to work with and they ruin them by slapping ridiculous physics onto the cars. It's a shame.

Can anyone get the ASR Ferrari (643 I believe the number was) to work after the 1.14 update?
When I pick it and select GO it first loads the track, but when it starts to load the car I am just tossed back to Content Manager / AC UI.

I have been using fewer and fewer mods as of late. I still keep them so I can throw AI drivers into them and have very diverse race lineups.

The vast majority of mods are not accurate at all. As you pointed out, they almost always have way too much grip and are way too fast. I don't understand it. Some of the more active modders spend so much time converting cars to work inside of Assetto Corsa, yet when it comes to just punching in the proper power numbers and making sure the car isn't too grippy on a skid pad, they can't be arsed to spend 30 minutes getting it right. I've come to the conclusion there are two reasons for this. A) They honestly don't care if it's accurate or not and B) All they want to do is get their name out there..."Oh, look how many cars Mr. X released." Or, "wow! Mr. Y released a whole bunch of awesome old cars!"

The cars that will usually be proper mods with dozens of hours of testing and refining will be the ones you find on Race Department. However, even some of those may not necessarily be 100% accurate, but they will be 100% scratch built...These Facebook Modders, as I call them because that's where they release everything, are always using ripped Forza models or ripped 3D models from another source. They often have very decent 3D models to work with and they ruin them by slapping ridiculous physics onto the cars. It's a shame.

Yeah I as well have been using less and less myself, but the appeal Assetto has just keeps making me want more! I do agree that some of the testing gone into conversion mods are quite odd I mean I'm not any good at making mods but if I were getting the most realistic results from it would be my number 1 priority but who am I to say this.

Yes most of the mods of race department and spot on but again greedy me wants more which leaves me to resort to ripped mods. I agree completely with everything you've said, it is a massive shame on how some ripped models handle.

I'm probably too harsh though, I know nothing about modding and it "may" be a lot harder than I thought.

A lot of the facebook modders try to make the physics so it's easy to control with mouse and keyboard, or joypad.
Also another thing they do is get the opinion of someone who owns the car, even though that person may not have a clue. They may think they know how the car handles, or have inflated idea of their own abilities and the person doing the phyisics is just guessing what parameters to move about to make the car handle how the guy that owns one says it should handle. So the person who owns the car is trying to make the car do stuff they never actually done them selves in real life, but thinks they could do it if they had the chance because they saw a video of someone doing it.

Also you have people who love the car they are making and get a bit generous with some of the specs so that it beats cars they would like it to beat even though it won't do that in real life.
Sometimes they get the measurements from the car, but don't understand how it translates into AC, and also there's so many parameters that it's not possible to get them all from real life on a lot of cars, it's easy to overlook some parameter thinking it's not very important when really it should all be done right, every little bit matters.

Some of them make up names like as if they are some kind of business, to make their mods sound like they could be good. Like "physical reality system" for physics made by some guy who gets the e30 and moves stuff about so it fits under another car, basically.

I almost never download car mods anymore, especially drift ones.

Thanks! I'm amazed how you found it as everywhere I came across on mega the links had expired.
If I'm not mistaken, the author of that mod pack is working on some updates. Unless I'm thinking of another Ford Focus mod car. I know there are a few different ones out there - but this is the only 4-car pack that I know of. If I do come across an updated version, I will post it here. 👍

Was it drama central when Schumacher returned to F1, not to race for Ferrari, but Mercedes-Benz? I don't even know how his first retirement went. Did Ferrari just not want him back, so he retired? Or was his first exit on his own terms?

Not trying to shift attention from Schumacher's retirement...

I guess a spirit of competition will tend to lead to lower quality or embellished data for modded cars more than tracks. Maybe unconsciously this is why I focus almost solely on tracks when it comes to mods: because they don't really compete against each other and cheating with the data is pointless.

Also Kunos' cars are so good and the game is more lacking when it comes to tracks...

Not trying to shift attention from Schumacher's retirement...

I guess a spirit of competition will tend to lead to lower quality or embellished data for modded cars more than tracks. Maybe unconsciously this is why I focus almost solely on tracks when it comes to mods: because they don't really compete against each other and cheating with the data is pointless.

Also Kunos' cars are so good and the game is more lacking when it comes to tracks...

Agreed. With mod tracks I can still fully enjoy them even if I know they're not 100% accurate because they're generally still pretty close and do a good enough job of making you feel like you're racing at that track. With mod cars (especially ripped ones from random websites or Facebook) I sometimes have a hard time enjoying them because I'm always wondering if they're close to the real thing or if they're just a 3D model with totally random physics under them. I don't expect or require perfection, but I do like to know they're at least reasonably close to the real thing and with some of those cars it's anyone's guess as to how realistic they are.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back