Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,829 comments
Thx @ALB123 Works great and easy!

I already downloaded with the auto installation function. I'm new to Content Manager but it looks very user friendly even for noobs like me :dopey:

One remark (but that has probably to be addressed to the maker of the AC skin?). As a try out I downloaded the latest Alfa skin it shows Abarth 500 EsseEsse? This one: Alfa Romeo 155 V6 BP + 4K May be / probably wrong first choice because all others seem to be perfect.

@BrandonW77 : installed files are in the same directory as usual. The temp directory of Content Manager can be changed by yourself in the same section 'downloading content' as mentioned by ALB123

I have had trouble downloading Skins with this new Content Manager feature. A few errors here and there - or, it'll download the skin I want, but apply it to a different car. :irked: I'm sure this feature still has several bugs to iron out. Still, I think it was a brilliant idea to build this feature. I can't wait to see it working 100%.

Smallblock Hero and Bazza proudly present the historic revival of classic GT racing for Assetto Corsa

Carlist:
1975 BMW CSL 3.5 IMSA
1967 Chevrolet Corvette DX Sunray
1969 Chevrolet Corvette
1972 De Tomaso Pantera
1973 Ferrari 365GTB/4 Daytona
1974 Ford Capri RS3100
1970 Nissan Skyline GTR
1966 Porsche 906
1974 Porsche 911 RSR
1965 Shelby Daytona Coupe
Mod Link

I have this sort of dread at the back of my mind that it won't be very good because it's too good to be true, and because I'm often very fussy with car physics quality. Some fantastic cars that I loved from GTL are all here, but I haven't seen this mod on any of the main forums (though that said, I haven't really looked much either), and that's what partly worries me. But here's to hoping.

---

Anyway, after the excitement that was Le Mans this year, I'm wanting to drive an LMP2 car, so I bought the URD PX mod. And so far I've only driven the LMP2 "Loire" which is definitely not an Oreca 05, or even based on an Oreca 05. ;) The first drive was frustrating as heck, URD are firstly rFactor modders, right? Because the car felt like an rFactor 2 car, so unrealistically easy to crash. The moment you go near the throttle it's death. Now if this was a Kunos car, I'd trust that Kunos was in the right, and the car was a deathtrap, but it isn't. I can drive the Kunos LMP1 cars perfectly fine even without any driver aids, so I took it upon myself to fix the issue.

I initially thought it was tires, so I gave it tires from the TS040, but that made it worse. So I got rid of that, and then I looked at the throttle file, and it was terrible. The third value in the .lut file was six times higher than the TS040's, which would explain everything. So I gave the Loire the TS040 throttle, and the car suddenly became perfectly acceptable. The rest of the mod is fantastic, and I think they did the throttle like that just to make the car feel more like an rFactor 2 car, which means deathtrap.

So if you have the URD PX mod, and you're having trouble with losing the backend when you really shouldn't, and don't have a problem in Kunos LMP cars. It's the throttle file, it's far too sensitive at your initial tap of the foot. Now if Kunos could make a laser scanned La Sarthe (and yes, I'm aware that they don't want to unless they get dynamic weather/time :(), because I'm such a nerd that the mod version isn't good enough for me (it's wonky).

How are the other cars in that mod pack? I'm tempted to get it too.

I can't say I would or wouldn't recommend getting it. Depends on what you want out of it, I'm not sure they're as good as the Kunos cars. The 919 we have in the game now anyway. The Audi feels incomplete, the Nissan felt interesting, but that's because it's a weird car. :P I'd wait awhile and see if they update it, which they haven't done much as they've been busy working on the other mods that I don't really care about.

@BrandonW77, like you I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to files and such. I'll see if I can figure out where the files go.

I'm sure it just sticks them in the Content folder and I could just copy them from there to my external drive, but I know I'll forget to do it and will end up without a backup so I'm not planning to install the sorcery.

@Skython the historic revival of classic GT racing is free, so you might want to give it a shot, can always erase it if it does not meet your "fussy" standards. They drive, sound and look way better than they did in GPL, even with rose tinted nostalgia glasses, if that can help.
I laughed at your comment about the URD mod being created by RF2 minded people and not being friendly, or even closely realistic, to drive. I bought RF2 last Friday and spent some time on it this week, too early to have a definitive opinion but enough to get a first impression. Although RF2 has been here a long time, it feels like early beta. Some car on some track are brilliant and give a glimpse on the potential, most everything is not great, most mods being the worse, hardly driveable nowhere close to realistic. I think RF2 people have balls criticizing PCars for having glitches, when RF2 is such a mess. The good stuf, although you need to find it, is worth the discounted price but I would be upset if I had spent the list price.
Funny enough some RF2 fans are raving about how good the classic F1 are, when in any SIM they always drive funny because (I believe) it is their true nature, in RF2 they are alive alright but also all over the place. Since I never drove one of those IRL and I suspect it is the same for most RF2 fan, they might be right or they might be wrong. My favorite classic is still the Lotus 49 in AC.

Formula RSS2 released by Race Sim Studios (the team that made the Formula Hybrid mod)

http://racesimstudio.com/formula-rss-2-released

preview-e1498324160998.jpg

@Skython the historic revival of classic GT racing is free, so you might want to give it a shot, can always erase it if it does not meet your "fussy" standards. They drive, sound and look way better than they did in GPL, even with rose tinted nostalgia glasses, if that can help.
I laughed at your comment about the URD mod being created by RF2 minded people and not being friendly, or even closely realistic, to drive. I bought RF2 last Friday and spent some time on it this week, too early to have a definitive opinion but enough to get a first impression. Although RF2 has been here a long time, it feels like early beta. Some car on some track are brilliant and give a glimpse on the potential, most everything is not great, most mods being the worse, hardly driveable nowhere close to realistic. I think RF2 people have balls criticizing PCars for having glitches, when RF2 is such a mess. The good stuf, although you need to find it, is worth the discounted price but I would be upset if I had spent the list price.
Funny enough some RF2 fans are raving about how good the classic F1 are, when in any SIM they always drive funny because (I believe) it is their true nature, in RF2 they are alive alright but also all over the place. Since I never drove one of those IRL and I suspect it is the same for most RF2 fan, they might be right or they might be wrong. My favorite classic is still the Lotus 49 in AC.

I was downloading it as I made the post. :D So far I've just driven the Porsche 906, so I'll give my two bits on that. The way the car handles is a bit modern, I'm not sure if it's the suspension, tires, or steering. But it doesn't feel very raw to drive. However, when a mod doesn't meet my standard, rather than deleting it, I'd much rather edit it for personal use. Maybe contact the modder if it's a legit mod (not a Forza rip), but I've only done this a couple of times, not enough to get to that eventuality. :P

I completely redid the physics for a Clio RS Forza rip because I wanted to drive a Clio RS, it came out pretty good if I must blow my own trumpet. I used the Alfa Romeo MiTo as a base, and changed it to make it perform like what I'd imagine a Clio would, so more sporty; more taut. I got a lap at Hockenheim within one or two tenths of a real one, acceleration was almost right, but it's hard to get accurate in AC because take-offs are weird. I feel like it was a one hit wonder sort of deal though, as I haven't done any extensive physics modifying ever since. I'd never share this publicly because it's a Forza rip, and that's not right.

But back on topic, the models in the Historic Revival GT mod are good, I'm not 100% sure that they're not modified versions of models from Simbin games, and such, but they're good. I hate saying things like that, especially if I'm wrong, and it's an insult to the creator's time and effort. I mean, even if they did come from older games, and the like. They've been improved from what they were.

--

The thing with physics in sims, they all have high and low points. When you find the balance in rFactor 2, it feels absolutely fantastic. But then you make a tiny error, and all of its flaws drop and anvil on your face. I just think the ISI motor has had its day, and it's time to move on. PCARS offers an amazing experience (multi-class Le Mans at night in the rain is the most amazing thing), but the physics feel a little off, which makes it hard to genuinely race in. Assetto Corsa gives a great sensation of driving cars (even if it lacks in some regards), but lacks weather and time, and event functionality.

I posted this in the Videos thread, but I'm sure not every Assetto Corsa fan visits that thread and this IS a mod, so...

In case you aren't aware, LilSki updated his awesome Bridgehampton track. Version 2.0 is almost an entire re-do of the circuit, Lilski says. I never really had any problems with his original 1.x circuit, but I have to admit...he has absolutely killed it with v2.0! Head over to Race Department to download v2.0...

I posted this in the Videos thread, but I'm sure not every Assetto Corsa fan visits that thread and this IS a mod, so...

In case you aren't aware, LilSki updated his awesome Bridgehampton track. Version 2.0 is almost an entire re-do of the circuit, Lilski says. I never really had any problems with his original 1.x circuit, but I have to admit...he has absolutely killed it with v2.0! Head over to Race Department to download v2.0...

This is a great addition to the track list. I still have to learn this track much better but already had a lot of fun with several cars on this very detailed dune circuit. 👍

This is a great addition to the track list. I still have to learn this track much better but already had a lot of fun with several cars on this very detailed dune circuit. 👍
Yeah...I thought it was pretty sweet already, but Lilski has come a long way since he began modelling Bridgehampton a couple of years ago. I think he knew that his new talents could improve the circuit significantly - both visually and physically.

gZ0p2Ak.jpg

I just spent an hour with this this beauty. The Lola T70 MkII Spyder. This was an rFactor2 creation that has been converted and fixed to look wonderful in Assetto Corsa. I'd say mission accomplished. A3DR did all the finishing work once the car was exported by mantasisg and then converted by NightEye87. Aphidgod did the physics (Diablo SE Jota, Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca) and the sounds were done by iRacing5.

Honestly, I think this is the best sounding car in Assetto Corsa right now. I mean, with all the pops, whistles, revs, exhaust sounds packaged together.

Race Department link: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lola-t70-mkii-spyder-rf2.16043/

I just spent an hour with this this beauty. The Lola T70 MkII Spyder. This was an rFactor2 creation that has been converted and fixed to look wonderful in Assetto Corsa. I'd say mission accomplished. A3DR did all the finishing work once the car was exported by mantasisg and then converted by NightEye87. Aphidgod did the physics (Diablo SE Jota, Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca) and the sounds were done by iRacing5.

Honestly, I think this is the best sounding car in Assetto Corsa right now. I mean, with all the pops, whistles, revs, exhaust sounds packaged together.

Race Department link: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/lola-t70-mkii-spyder-rf2.16043/

Holy crap! :eek: I need that. I think I'll drive nearly anything those two are involved with (A3DR and Aphigod).

---

I've been working on a skin, which I haven't done properly since this Oreca 03 in PCARS. This time, I'm doing a Mercedes AMG GT3.

AC_GT3.png

I sure do like my semi-asymmetrical liveries (the other side is just swapped colours). Still not 100% sure on the colours, but they're alright for now.

AC_GT32.png

Holy crap! :eek: I need that. I think I'll drive nearly anything those two are involved with (A3DR and Aphigod).

You are a wise man. They make a great team...I can't see them ever releasing a crappy mod. They would scrap the entire project before submitting garbage. Their dedication to modding is unmatched by all but a few very top modders.

I've been working on a skin, which I haven't done properly since this Oreca 03 in PCARS. This time, I'm doing a Mercedes AMG GT3.

View attachment 658654

I sure do like my semi-asymmetrical liveries (the other side is just swapped colours). Still not 100% sure on the colours, but they're alright for now.

View attachment 658655
I love asymmetrical skins. The only criticism I could offer is, I think the colors look too saturated at the moment. If that can be toned down - it will definitely be a skin I would install on my Mercedes AMG GT3. 👍 :) That Oreca 03 skin you linked to - that's outstanding! :cheers: The colors look very natural. 👍

https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/zolder2017

Yes! After Sakkito, Zolder was my favorite track on PCars and this baby just popped up. I had seen some other versions but there were complaints about them so I never bothered. I totally love the curbs/bumps on the inside of the chicanes, really shake the car.
I never really use anything other than open wheel cars but I took the old BMW M3 Touring car for a spin (well, a few of them :dunce:) and was quite fun. I would imagine this track would be awesome for touring/GT racing. The F1 cars are a bit of a handful but still lots of fun.

Thanks ALB123 for pointing this site out a while back :cheers:

https://actrackrebootproject.wixsite.com/ac-track-re-boot/zolder2017

Yes! After Sakkito, Zolder was my favorite track on PCars and this baby just popped up. I had seen some other versions but there were complaints about them so I never bothered. I totally love the curbs/bumps on the inside of the chicanes, really shake the car.
I never really use anything other than open wheel cars but I took the old BMW M3 Touring car for a spin (well, a few of them :dunce:) and was quite fun. I would imagine this track would be awesome for touring/GT racing. The F1 cars are a bit of a handful but still lots of fun.

Thanks ALB123 for pointing this site out a while back :cheers:
Good lookin' out... I think the Monaco GP course is fairly new to that site as well. I know I downloaded the 1966 Monaco but I thinks that's all they had at the time. 👍

Does anyone have this McLaren Mercedes MP4/22 from VRC? That happens to be an early version and it's a pay mod, but I've been offered it and was just curious if it was any good in the state it's in. I usually run away screaming from modern open-wheel race cars.

nag14gZ.jpg

sukYfAy.jpg

Does anyone have this McLaren Mercedes MP4/22 from VRC? That happens to be an early version and it's a pay mod, but I've been offered it and was just curious if it was any good in the state it's in. I usually run away screaming from modern open-wheel race cars.

Looks gorgeous but I avoid driving F1 cars in AC. They are too fast and too modern for this old grumpy man. But I watch and follow every F1 race on TV though.

I can't do that for 3 reasons:
1. I already have my FFB quite high because I enjoy heavier steering
2. I'll most likely ruin the other cars

You can set the FFB strength for cars individually. Just hit the + or - button on your keyboard (the ones by the number pad)

tried the Reboot Sebring found elsewhere, wow that is one bumpy track....

Try this one, it's not ripped and while I think visually it's not perfect the track surface feels better.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/sebring-international-raceway-rtb.13374/

I can't do that for 3 reasons:
1. I already have my FFB quite high because I enjoy heavier steering
2. I'll most likely ruin the other cars
3. My LGS stopped working for no reason

Wiz
You can set the FFB strength for cars individually. Just hit the + or - button on your keyboard (the ones by the number pad)

What he ^ said, you can adjust it per car so turning the FFB up on the S800 won't affect any other cars. What's a LGS?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back