Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,766 comments
Check out this scratch made engine i created, it took about 3 hours, its not a replica of a real engine its just one i made for some car i'll make in the future that ill drop it in. its a 4.4Liter flat six with a sequential twin turbo setup. one tiny turbo that spools up near 1.4k rpm and dies out by 5k and a really big turbo that doesnt spool up fully untill about 6k . it has 2 turbo controllers. the dotted lines are the naturally aspirated horsepower. so you can see without the turbos it has a standard V6 power curve. so none of the boost spikes were done the lazy way by putting them into the power Lut, they were done with turbo controllers. so if i take away the boost its still a nice NA flat 6 that could be used in cars aswell. the mini turbo makes 8Psi and the big one makes 14.3 psi
upload_2019-12-3_18-43-53.png

how come you cant? i don't mind doing it at all just to be clear. i was just curious why. i didn't expect you to say "i cant" at all hahaha so dont take it the wrong way i just thought it was funny and thought ide ask. i dont mean it in a "what do you mean you cant?!!?" type way at all. you just overhauled the whole car into a gt3 car so thats why i was like, i know the man can do gear ratios since you made new ones already. so something has to be weird for you not to be able to

I don't know why I can't, modify the files, package the data and stay the same.

Hi Cote Dazur, no, I'm not in the other dimension, in fact I returned the Oculus Rift S:

I got extreme disconfort wearing the glasses, too much weight in the cheeks. I adjusted the Oculus 1000 times and can't stand wearing them. Also the skin in my face had marks, red zones. I have a very sensitive skin and in the past suffered rosacea so I can't risk myself to suffer it again.

Also, the image quality is bad. I dowloaded the debug tool, tried all things possible etc etc etc and cant achieve good acceptable quality.

On the positive side, the feel of being there is incredible, the cockpits awesome. But I have to wait some years when technology progress and they make much lighter and comfortable glasses.

I will be in by then for sure.

Glad to have news from you, you tried it, it is not for you, no biggie.
You described very well some of the downside, all technologies have them.
As you said, it will improve, but for now, it is what it is.
I could not even consider driving without my rift, but I, like you, also hope the future will bring a better rift.:cheers:

@mrtomcat66,
If more seriously, just days ago talked with Ilya (x4fab - creator of CM, CSP and etc) a bit about UI. So, may be...in one day it will be something like script to program deeper behaviour of traffic. For each track or as common settings. What is for sure - it's clearly possible

That are great news. It seems there are no limitations for Ilya's tools and mods.

Those new CamTool uploads on RaceDepartment with a little hint of Motion Blur really change Assetto!

But does anyone know how to add black “letterbox” bars over the video alike GT Sport? I’ve downloaded Blender but have no idea how to use it

Afaik you don´t need blender to do that, Avisynth should do based on a script or any other encoder too, as XMediaRecode, AviDemux, Handbrake ...
What exactly do want to achieve? And what´s the problem? :)

Afaik you don´t need blender to do that, Avisynth should do based on a script or any other encoder too, as XMediaRecode, AviDemux, Handbrake ...
What exactly do want to achieve? And what´s the problem? :)
Just to edit the video and try to give it more of a “GT Sport” feel to it, so possible colour correction and the HD bars as an overlay if possible

Those new CamTool uploads on RaceDepartment with a little hint of Motion Blur really change Assetto!

But does anyone know how to add black “letterbox” bars over the video alike GT Sport? I’ve downloaded Blender but have no idea how to use it

I've downloaded and installed Cam Tool 2 but can't work out how to watch one of my (for example) Kyalami replays using the Cam Tools preset.
Can anyone point to a clear step-by-step guide please?

With CamTool, open up the replay. Activate the CamTool app and head to its “settings” bit and it should say “load”. Press load, a sub menu will pop up with the files you’ve got. Click the one you want and press the “on” icon in the top right corner of the app

Open replay > CamTool app > Settings > Load > File > On

With CamTool, open up the replay. Activate the CamTool app and head to its “settings” bit and it should say “load”. Press load, a sub menu will pop up with the files you’ve got. Click the one you want and press the “on” icon in the top right corner of the app

Open replay > CamTool app > Settings > Load > File > On
Thanks. So, after a race, the replay is automatically saved to Cam Tool and I can find it there? This didn't seem to be the case when I tried it a few days ago.
Could you please flesh out your instructions with a little more detail?
Eg 'Open replay' - from what menu?
Thanks.

Thanks. So, after a race, the replay is automatically saved to Cam Tool and I can find it there? This didn't seem to be the case when I tried it a few days ago.
Could you please flesh out your instructions with a little more detail?
Eg 'Open replay' - from what menu?
Thanks.
1. With Kyalami for example, have the file downloaded from RaceDepartment and have CamTool downloaded and activated within CM

2. After the race at Kyalami and you’re back in CM, select “Keep Replay”

3. Load up the replay from the “Media” tab in CM (Your replay save will be on the left hand side)

4. When the replay is playing, open up the CamTool app, go to its settings and select “load”

5. From there you choose the file you downloaded from RaceDepartment (It should just be called 1). If it works you will see on the app loads of numbers appear on the left side of the app

6. Press the “power” icon on the top right of the app to activate CamTool. Put your replay back to the start and enjoy

Last edited:
i wasn't active any much back then so i skipped the post.
No any probs. It's easily clear.
If question was from common curiosity - this post will be more or less full answer.
If question was connected to something about to share Porsche 901 mod and how it's legal - from most points it's Not and this act can be valued as "thieves'..".
If you wanna know some real details of any car, presented at AD - there is not a good place for such individual conversation. Or DM or better use any form avalailable at site.

No any probs. It's easily clear.
If question was from common curiosity - this post will be more or less full answer.
If question was connected to something about to share Porsche 901 mod and how it's legal - from most points it's Not and this act can be valued as "thieves'..".
If you wanna know some real details of any car, presented at AD - there is not a good place for such individual conversation. Or DM or better use any form avalailable at site.
i do not want to share any assettodrive mods i was just asking if the model was taken from a different game. I'm not against ripped mods i was just curios.

Last edited:
I havent played AC for a while, played some today with CSP 130 and am getting bad performance. Turning off extra effects (the whole thing) seems to fix it. Any idea if somethiing new has been added under extra fx that's hurting performance?

Regarding the annoying wiper noise, I just turn off the wipers in the Sol App.

i do not want to share any assettogarage mods i was just asking if the model was taken from a different game. I'm not against ripped mods i was just curios.
Assettogarage - have nothing in common with Assettodrive.net.
What are You talking about? Or this is just your language confusion?
Even don't know, what Assettogarage is)
Or you wanna say - they sharing AD Porsche 901?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back