Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,779 comments
yeah Road America is pretty fantastic. As noted in the vid there are some stuff looks like rF vintage stuff but it drove great. AI has a tiny wobble through the Sargento bridge but it races well.
Is there perhaps an AI update to remove the wobble? I just installed one for la Sarthe that removes their big twitch left after the second chicane.

A few updates are out there but nothing seems to remove it. But AI don't crash doing that and seems to be mostly doing it when they are by themselves.

Hi everyone! Is this thread also for requests? Could someone give me a link where I can download this AF Corse skin for the 488 GT3:
I don't want to create an account on RD because of a skin.:indiff:
Thanks in advance! :)

I'm nervous when it comes to sound mods. I installed Fonsecker's sound back a long time ago (I've reinstalled AC a couple of times since then so the sound mods are long gone). I wish there were a way I could A|B test Kunos vs Fonsecker sounds while on a track. I suppose I could record myself and then do a side-by-side video so I can switch back and forth between Audio sources, but come on....I'm not going to do all of that just for a sound comparison. :boggled: I'm sure there are probably several sound updates available on RD that would make some of my cars sound so much better, but I haven't tried any in a long, long time.

Wow. x4fab has been busy. Look at the new feature he's working on, I highlighted it in bold. And at the bottom I pasted x4fab's "important Tips" regarding this new feature and highlighted them in bold too. You can find this important tips in CM > ABOUT > Fake Cars. Full change log to the latest build of Content Manager:

Fixing bugs and various issues! Never-ending process, apparently, sorry about that.
• Car analyzer:
◦ New diagnostics for cars about missing or empty LUT-files;
With those issues, AC’s “log.txt” can easily reach gigabytes in size.
◦ If there are any critical issues with car (from analyzer), there’ll be a warning in Quick Drive next to Drive button;
• Custom Showroom and previews:
◦ Object-space normals support;
◦ Materials dialog improved;
◦ Save and load (optionally) camera position with presets;
◦ Load camera from any other preset, including previews preset;
◦ Camera tilt option;
◦ Press F8 in Custom Previews style editor to create a 1920×1080 screenshot;
◦ Specify file name for preview images;
◦ New option to hide ground at all, apart from shadow;
◦ With PNG extension of previews file name, result image will be semi-transparent;
◦ New tone mapping functions;
◦ Tone mapping functions are synced to have similar brightness with similar input params;
◦ Blurred reflection are independent from reflections resolution now;
◦ Brightness of visuals for area lights now should me more accurate, and also, just in case, customizable;
◦ A couple of buttons in settings to reset heavy settings for previews as well;
◦ Live reloading for animations, driver position and driver model;
◦ Shifting animation;
◦ Move driver around and save its updated position to “steer.ksanim” (should exist before that);
◦ Copy driver position from “steer.ksanim” to “driver_base_pos.knh” (should exist before that);
◦ Bloom on-off option renamed to “HDR” since this is what it is;
Use “Bloom” slider option on “Misc” tab to adjust bloom.
◦ CPU consumption fixed;
◦ Hi-res screenshots montage fixed;
◦ Windscreen shader with area lights fixed;
◦ Car auto-alignment for previews fixed (thanks to Schnipp for pointing out, very slippery bug);
◦ Movement speed fixed;
• The Setup Market integration:
◦ Disabled by default;
◦ Lifespan of caches doubled (but now you can decrease it);
◦ New enabled by default option for taking setups list from a small proxy-server to decrease TSM server overload;
Very sorry about it.
• Quick Drive:
◦ Random time fixed;
◦ Missing car skins issue fixed;
◦ Last position races fixed;
◦ Car description fixed;
• Online:
◦ Context menus in online section for car and track;
◦ New option to fix server names even more;
• Interface:
◦ Loading progress in Windows taskbar;
◦ No more car description in online section or in race grids editor to avoid messing up UI;
• Shareable RHM presets (just need to specify its settings location);
• Odometer by Stereo integration;
• Sidekick’s odometer integration;
For both apps, the larger value will be used. If something will get messed up, use “Recaulculate” button in Stats section to fix it.
New AI limitation feature allowing to prevent AIs from using specific tyres and more;
Very unreliable and questionable solution, still deeply WIP, and might not be around for a long time. For more information, please, go to About section.
• New batch actions for car skins: set names from IDs, add a prefix to names;
• Processing inline LUTs improved;
• New option to display car’s steer lock;
• Now, if RSR app is enabled, minimum temperature will be set to 10 °C to avoid banning (optional);
• Race results dialog:
◦ Total time/delta (make dialog wider to see details about laps);
◦ Remarkable things per driver;
• Additional content installation:
◦ If installation of downloaded content failed, press a button to install it manually;
◦ No more auto-deleting for content failed to install;
◦ Warning about missing 7-Zip plugin if needed;
◦ Ctrl+V will work at that window as well;
◦ Apps installation fixed (now, empty folders will be included as well);
Sorry for issues with Sidekick! Please, make sure folder called “odometers” is there if you installed it via CM.
• Hold Ctrl while opening car skins or setups section to force it to open in a separate dialog;
• Hold Ctrl before opening color picker to immediately go to pick-a-color-from-screen mode;
And hold left mouse button in process. Try it in Livery Editor, for picking colors from preview!
• Sidekick optimal ranges integration fixed and improved;
• Same for RaceEssentials;
• Generic mods disabling fixed;
• Saving of race grids’ additional params in non-custom modes fixed;
• Steam overlay laggy integration fixed (might consume a bit of CPU now when window is active);
• Encoding support fixed;
• Message about syntax error in LUT-file fixed (now it shows car ID);
• A lot of smaller UI/core improvements and fixes.

If, for example, you want to limit AI tyres in Track Day mode or make AIs more willing to go to pit stops, you might find this interesting.

Sadly, AC doesn’t allow to specify such AI parameters as tyres to use or fuel to take. In theory, you can force them to use specific setup by naming it in a specific manner and putting it to a specific folder, but, as far as I can see, AIs don’t hesitate to switch tyres after that setup has been loaded. And also, this way, you could only specify a single setup per car ID.

But how is this for an idea? Why not take a car — complete car — and make a clone of it, but adjust clone’s data, removing all unnecessary tyres and adjusting other parameters if needed? Don’t worry about wasted disk space or increasing loading time: with hard links, no actual copy of most files will be required to make. And hard links are supported by almost all file systems, by NTFS for sure.

Of course, there are some issues: first of all, those clones are only temporary, so replays of those races won’t work. CM solves this issue by scanning replay for fake cars and restoring them before playing, but original launcher won’t do any of it. Also, this way of limiting AI does increase RAM and VRAM consumption, because sounds, models and textures will be treated as new, unique ones.

So, if needed, enable that feature in Settings/Drive and then make race grid params popup wider to see a new column with AI limitations. Oh, and don’t forget to remove “__cm_tmp_…” cars manually after the race. For now, CM keeps them for debugging purposes.

I'm nervous when it comes to sound mods. I installed Fonsecker's sound back a long time ago (I've reinstalled AC a couple of times since then so the sound mods are long gone). I wish there were a way I could A|B test Kunos vs Fonsecker sounds while on a track. I suppose I could record myself and then do a side-by-side video so I can switch back and forth between Audio sources, but come on....I'm not going to do all of that just for a sound comparison. :boggled: I'm sure there are probably several sound updates available on RD that would make some of my cars sound so much better, but I haven't tried any in a long, long time.
Yep would be very nice to have a feature to compare sound before and after. On track or even in showroom mode with a function to enable stationary interior/exterior car sound. Idea?

And I also learned that you have to read the notes. Previously I installed all Fonsecker's mods. No car sound only wind noise?? Uninstall, reinstall game etc. Aaahhh you have to change sound.ini manually to 512 channels. That was the solution. 👍

Can someone please explain how I'm supposed to get joytokey definitive working? It sounds useful having it boot with the game but it's one of those mods where the modder stupidly provides NO instructions whatsoever. I've worked out that I need to unzip it into my AC folder and enable it as an app in general settings, but then what? I know how to use joytokey but at what point is the menu supposed to appear? Am I supposed to drill down into the folder outside of the game and double-click the joytokey app, then set up a profile? Nothing seems to happen.

Please pretend you are speaking to a six-year-old with no prior knowledge or experience and provide simple step-by-step instructions. Many thanks..!

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/joytokey.11283/

Sorry, @Masscot I don't even know what that is...Well, now I do because I clicked your link, but I have no idea what to do with it. :boggled:

Joytokey lets you map keyboard inputs to your joypad or steering wheel, so for example in AC you could map ctrl+space to a button on your wheel to easily recentre your head position in VR without having to take the headset off to look at your keyboard. This app supposedly launches joytokey with Assetto Corsa and automatically loads your AC mapping profile. It would be incredibly useful if only the app creator shared how the hell it was supposed to be used.

Joytokey lets you map keyboard inputs to your joypad or steering wheel, so for example in AC you could map ctrl+space to a button on your wheel to easily recentre your head position in VR without having to take the headset off to look at your keyboard. This app supposedly launches joytokey with Assetto Corsa and automatically loads your AC mapping profile. It would be incredibly useful if only the app creator shared how the hell it was supposed to be used.
When I'm back from holiday I'll give this a try.

Oh...That sounds like a useful application for pad users. Wheel users too, I suppose, if you need to map unconventional keys to a button on the wheel. Have you checked the official website for a manual or information on how to use it? http://joytokey.net/en/ Or maybe check YouTube for help?

There appears to be several different tutorial videos, if all else fails.

Oh...That sounds like a useful application for pad users. Wheel users too, I suppose, if you need to map unconventional keys to a button on the wheel. Have you checked the official website for a manual or information on how to use it? http://joytokey.net/en/ Or maybe check YouTube for help?

There appears to be several different tutorial videos, if all else fails.

Thanks - I can use joytokey fine outside of AC, it's how it is integrated into this particular AC app that puzzles me. I copy the files and folders into their correct places then... nada.

Thanks - I can use joytokey fine outside of AC, it's how it is integrated into this particular AC app that puzzles me. I copy the files and folders into their correct places then... nada.
Oh shoot. I'm sorry man. Wish I could help. :grumpy:

I realize this may or may not be possible, but I'm curious. Does anyone know of a way to change whether you hear internal or external sounds when driving in the F6 hood camera?

Up until several patches ago, you would hear external vehicle sounds when driving in hood cam. They then changed it to internal sounds, which for the most part is totally fine. I only ask because the external exhaust sounds in the BMW E36 Judd V8 mod are sensational (proof) and I'd love to be able to hear them when not driving in a chase cam. Any ideas on what files I'd need to tweak, assuming this is even possible?

I realize this may or may not be possible, but I'm curious. Does anyone know of a way to change whether you hear internal or external sounds when driving in the F6 hood camera?
You can change that while on the race track, you don't need to adjust files. Click on the camera app in the list of apps that appear when you move your cursor to the right hand side.

You can change the F6 cameras themselves (angle, position, FOV etc) as well as determine interior or exterior sound for each of the F6 cameras.

You can change that while on the race track, you don't need to adjust files. Click on the camera app in the list of apps that appear when you move your cursor to the right hand side.

You can change the F6 cameras themselves (angle, position, FOV etc) as well as determine interior or exterior sound for each of the F6 cameras.

Thanks for the tip, but I don't see an option to pick sounds there unfortunately. I'm on the latest version so not sure why it isn't showing up.

edit: disregard, it was a different camera app I had to enable to see that. It appears now but changing the sound makes no difference. I guess the mod doesn't support that or something... shame. Thanks again for the help

Last edited:
Is it like that for all of the F6 camera angles? On my main mod car, I have one camera mounted at the bottom of the front grill, on that one there's only really a difference in the tyre squeal. On all the other cameras located at the side and back, the sounds completely change when switching them from exterior and interior.

I suppose there's a possibility that whoever made the sounds only had one set of samples and copy-pasted them to both the exterior and interior sections of Fmod (the software AC uses for it's sounds).

Is it like that for all of the F6 camera angles? On my main mod car, I have one camera mounted at the bottom of the front grill, on that one there's only really a difference in the tyre squeal. On all the other cameras located at the side and back, the sounds completely change when switching them from exterior and interior.

I suppose there's a possibility that whoever made the sounds only had one set of samples and copy-pasted them to both the exterior and interior sections of Fmod (the software AC uses for it's sounds).

Sadly yes. There's a sharp difference between exterior and interior sounds when switching between F1 cameras, but it's all the same when cycling through F6 cams and changing sounds. I left a message on the modder's RaceDepartment thread about it to see if there's something that can be done about it, so we'll see what happens.

@Lewis_Hamilton_ When you modify those camera positions with the camera app are they saved uniquely for that specific car? Can I have all sorts of different camera positions saved for various cars?

Had a chance to try it yet BrainsBush?
Will try later. I want to try out if you can e.g. restart a AC hotlap via a hotkey and then map to a button on the T300 wheel. Hopefully some time today? grtz Brian

EDIT: already downloaded the massive 900kb app :)

Probably it is due to this unexperienced user but I could not assign multiple keys to one button on the T300 to restart a hotlap. Escape, restart session and then mouse over to start/steering wheel to restart a hotlap.

Last edited:
Get ready to call out sick from work ladies and gentlemen. NFS Tournament Class A vehicles have been released. The Lamborghini Diablo VT and the Ferrari 512TR.

screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_ks_highlands_29-8-117-8-0-54-jpg.209116

screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_ks_black_cat_county_26-8-117-19-5-24-jpg.209115

__custom_showroom_1504003784-jpg.209111

__custom_showroom_1504003810-jpg.209112

512tr-jpg.209113

Download at: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-a.16905/

If you've been following the development of this project, the detail in the modeling is astounding. They are working on sound improvements. Neither Aphidgod or A3DR fashions themselves a sound designer, but they appear to have a very willing and very talented sound guy working on improving the sounds as we speak.

Thx!! Like his old dad also my son 16 year son will love this. One of his favorites! So thanks we have a battle who is allowed to drive first....Also a great opportunity to ask the boss (my wife....) for some extra budget to buy another Playseat and steering wheel or she has to deal with all the father/son fights.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back