Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 129,756 comments
Get ready to call out sick from work ladies and gentlemen. NFS Tournament Class A vehicles have been released. The Lamborghini Diablo VT and the Ferrari 512TR.

screenshot_a3dr_lambo_diablo_vt_ks_highlands_29-8-117-8-0-54-jpg.209116

screenshot_a3dr_ferrari_512tr_ks_black_cat_county_26-8-117-19-5-24-jpg.209115

__custom_showroom_1504003784-jpg.209111

__custom_showroom_1504003810-jpg.209112

512tr-jpg.209113

Download at: http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-a.16905/

If you've been following the development of this project, the detail in the modeling is astounding. They are working on sound improvements. Neither Aphidgod or A3DR fashions themselves a sound designer, but they appear to have a very willing and very talented sound guy working on improving the sounds as we speak.

The quality of the 3D models seems on par with Kunos' official content. Truly outstanding.

Me wants!

Mods + VR. The two things I envy the most from PC players.

This is Why i Left the console world for the PC world
I will miss GT series but with games like FM and FH i can still play something similar (and i can keep my G27 wheel too)

I guess I'm a weird one, I haven't really even bothered with mods for AC for awhile now. Half of them are crap quality or oddballs I've never heard of and have no interest in, another portion of them haven't been updated in forever and either don't work or aren't up to current standards, they're almost never used online and it seems like a lot of them don't have working AI so you can't use them offline without a bunch of fiddling and fixing. Meh.

I guess I'm a weird one, I haven't really even bothered with mods for AC for awhile now. Half of them are crap quality or oddballs I've never heard of and have no interest in, another portion of them haven't been updated in forever and either don't work or aren't up to current standards, they're almost never used online and it seems like a lot of them don't have working AI so you can't use them offline without a bunch of fiddling and fixing. Meh.
I'm sure somebody will be along in a minute with a long list of essential car and track mods.

I'm sure somebody will be along in a minute with a long list of essential car and track mods.
Hahah, I was just about to do that, Mr. Buzz Killington. :P
But seriously, I've stopped using car mods myself actually. Still using a few track mods though.

Yes some mods are crap or are Left behind by their creatore but there are a lot of very good mods around
Some are so good that Kunos implemented them officially into the game like the M-5 NA or the Group C mazda or the Vette C7R

Yes some mods are crap or are Left behind by their creatore but there are a lot of very good mods around
Some are so good that Kunos implemented them officially into the game like the M-5 NA or the Group C mazda or the Vette C7R

Sure, and I wasn't saying there aren't good ones out there. But mods are very rarely used online and any more I only race online so I don't really bother with them.

Hello all, I'm new to the AC threads. Given my status, I'll be sticking to AC and Dirt Rally on PC until I get a PS4 Pro/GT.

Would someone be able to provide a link or a very brief summary of downloading mods into the Steam version of AC. Also, what are some of the most widely used mods out there (cars, tracks, game modes)?

I already know that I want the traffic mod, and I hear that there are mods that make the career mode much better than what it was shipped with.

Thanks in advance! :gtpflag:

Hello all, I'm new to the AC threads. Given my status, I'll be sticking to AC and Dirt Rally on PC until I get a PS4 Pro/GT.

Would someone be able to provide a link or a very brief summary of downloading mods into the Steam version of AC. Also, what are some of the most widely used mods out there (cars, tracks, game modes)?

I already know that I want the traffic mod, and I hear that there are mods that make the career mode much better than what it was shipped with.

Thanks in advance! :gtpflag:

Here ya go.
http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/mod-installing-tutorial-video.135781/

They're pretty easy to install, just make sure you put the correct folder in. RaceDepartment.com is the best place to get quality, legit mods that haven't been ripped from other games and lazily converted to AC. The really nice thing about getting mods from RaceDepartment is you will get an alert any time the mod is updated which helps ensure you're on the most current version.

Why? Brandon knows better than any one where to find good mod, even though I do not share his opinion, I respect it, as he can estimate as well as any one what is good and not so good. Fact is trying to set a server with mod content is almost guarantee to have almost zero traffic, so no one does it, as a server without traffic is a waste of time and energy.
I spend more time offline, specially since the last AI update and I have plenty of use for mod tracks and mod cars. They all use the AC physic underneath, and yes some need to be tweaked to drive as they should. With a little practice it is not so hard to do yourself and can even be enjoyable for a few, like me.
At the end of the day AC can be many thing to many different people, there is just much more to do with AC on PC than console.

+1 for sticking with RaceDepartment. It's the most reputable source I can think of for this stuff. As for widely used mods, I can't recommend Helicorsa enough. It'll help whether you race in career or multiplayer. I'd say this is essential 👍 http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa.5199/

Why? Brandon knows better than any one where to find good mod, even though I do not share his opinion, I respect it, as he can estimate as well as any one what is good and not so good. Fact is trying to set a server with mod content is almost guarantee to have almost zero traffic, so no one does it, as a server without traffic is a waste of time and energy.
I spend more time offline, specially since the last AI update and I have plenty of use for mod tracks and mod cars. They all use the AC physic underneath, and yes some need to be tweaked to drive as they should. With a little practice it is not so hard to do yourself and can even be enjoyable for a few, like me.
At the end of the day AC can be many thing to many different people, there is just much more to do with AC on PC than console.

Just to be clear, I'm certainly not anti-mod, and I really don't understand why they don't get more use online, especially since people are always raving about all the great mods out there. But for whatever reason it's pretty rare to see them used online, and I do most of my online racing right now in the club races at RaceDepartment and for some strange reason they basically ban all mod content for club races so we just keep repeating the same stock track over and over. SRS makes good use of mods though and I've enjoyed my races there so far, need to do more of them but they feel a bit stale without any voice chat with your fellow racers.

Me wants!

Mods + VR. The two things I envy the most from PC players.
What about our big weiners? :D

I've been gone for 5-6 days so I haven't tried the new car from A3DR & Aphidgod, but I've heard good things. I kind of feel bad that Aphidgod doesn't get the recognition that he deserves when these "A3DR Cars" are released. From what I understand, Aphidgod takes care of all the physics stuff and that is not easy by any means. He goes full steam into making the cars as accurate and realistic as he can...and I think he's made great physics for all of those cars. They're both great guys - A3DR's meshes blow me away. Underneath all that paint lies an immaculately crafted 3D model. They really make an awesome team. :bowdown:

As far as using mods... I use the AAA quality mods quite a lot. The others? I will usually try them for a bit to make sure they aren't 100% garbage and then I put AI drivers in them. :lol: :D There are those StreetFight [MR] Servers available...I haven't looked in months, but I would think if any online servers used mods it would be them.

There are those StreetFight [MR] Servers available...I haven't looked in months, but I would think if any online servers used mods it would be them.

Probably but I think they only use street cars and while I enjoy taking a street car on a nice scenic cruise I usually don't care for racing them much.

There are those StreetFight [MR] Servers available...I haven't looked in months, but I would think if any online servers used mods it would be them

They are offering a mod track then and again, but usually only with Kunos official cars.
They had the NFS Ferrari and Lamborghini running on a server recently with Bridgehampton and some other quality Mod track, but as usual, with mod content, the server was not well populated.

Hahah, I was just about to do that, Mr. Buzz Killington. :P
But seriously, I've stopped using car mods myself actually. Still using a few track mods though.

Just to be clear, I wasn't being sarcastic. The moddable aspect of PC sims is one of the reasons I jumped to PC gaming (along with VR). A lot of the car and track mods are superb, and it doesn't take long to filter out the bad ones.

The RaceDepartment link in Content Manager and vice versa has been removed. Was a handy feature for most RD downloads.

And since one week I cannot select the top bar of choices in cars and tracks anymore? Scroll with mouse over but not selectable?

E.g tracks: I can select the "rating & all" but not the top bar with countries, cat, dlc, tags.
Probably the user? Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

tracks.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could help you, Brains Bush. CM is working properly for me - I can select Brands, Countries, etc. I feel gutted that Race Department asked x4fab to remove the RD integration. Try as I might, I can't seem to figure out a single reason why RD wouldn't want CM to be able to install the downloaded files automatically. I'm sure we'll hear the reason in the next few days.

I wish I could help you, Brains Bush. CM is working properly for me - I can select Brands, Countries, etc. I feel gutted that Race Department asked x4fab to remove the RD integration. Try as I might, I can't seem to figure out a single reason why RD wouldn't want CM to be able to install the downloaded files automatically. I'm sure we'll hear the reason in the next few days.
thx! Luckily it is not a real issue that I cannot select certain fields. field "ALL" works fine.
It is indeed interesting to know why RD asked them to remove the plug-in.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back