Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,970 comments
+1 for sticking with RaceDepartment. It's the most reputable source I can think of for this stuff. As for widely used mods, I can't recommend Helicorsa enough. It'll help whether you race in career or multiplayer. I'd say this is essential 👍 http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/helicorsa.5199/

I never bothered with helicorsa but since Oculus VR doesn't allow for use of the Kunos virtual rear mirror (?) I installed Helicorsa and it IS fantastic. In VR I place it up high at 12 o'clock and just seeing the colors light up with the periphery of my vision...... REALLY helps with car awareness in VR. Especially with the limited track views from the LMP1's cockpits 👍

just seeing the colors light up with the periphery of my vision...... REALLY helps with car awareness

That's basically how I use it too. I see people say stuff like "looking at Helicorsa is too distracting", well you shouldn't have to actually look at it. I usually know if/when a car is in close quarters to me, seeing a little red thing in the lower left of my screen with my peripheral vision is enough for me to know whether or not the other car is still in my danger zone, I don't have to actually put my eyes on Helicorsa/take my eyes of the road to see that. Works a treat. 👍

Do you guys also use Crew Chief? That's the one where you have voice feedback, correct?

Correct. I've used it a few times but usually forget to turn it on. I like it but I don't feel like it's a replacement for Helicorsa, the two together is a great combo though and Crew Chief adds a nice layer of "emershun FTW".

LIDAR scanned Goodwood Circuit!

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/goodwood-circuit.17228/

screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_goodwood_circuit_15-9-117-19-35-14-jpg.211942

screenshot_ks_alfa_romeo_gta_goodwood_circuit_15-9-117-19-40-52-jpg.211943

screenshot_ks_ford_gt40_goodwood_circuit_15-9-117-20-8-0-jpg.211946

The new Goodwood track, built with the assistance of LiDAR data is pretty awesome. Mantasisg did a wonderful job with it and he still wants to do quite a bit more with the circuit, so Goodwood should be a really special mod track by time it's finished. This track reinforced just how important LiDAR or laser scanning is when creating tracks. Did any of you have the old Goodwood mod track on their computers? I liked it a lot! Still do... But boy, oh boy, the two tracks appear different. I've driven more than enough laps on the old Goodwood mod track to be able to drive it quite consistently, but on this new Goodwood, my muscle memory isn't transferring as well as I hoped with this new mod. I think the older Goodwood mod had varying elevation, at least to a higher degree, compared to this new mod circuit.

I will compare that Suzuka to what I have installed @kapnk006 - I'll let you know what I find. 👍

So I've been trying a few mods recently, and I've been surprised by the amount of good content about the place. Released and in WIP.

Lancia Fulvia - This used to just be a nice model, but the physics update have made it very enjoyable. I had to really pull myself away from it after driving it at the Goodwood circuit mentioned before.

Caterham 7 - For the first time in a game, I've driven a Caterham which actually feels like what I'd imagine a Caterham should. There's another Caterham from this guy too, though I haven't driven it yet.

As usual, the best stuff is still WIP. For example RSS are putting together a GT1 mod, recreating some greats from GTR2. So far they have shown progress images of a Lister Storm; Ferrari 550 (which is going to come as a road car in a separate non RSS mod); and a Viper GTS-R (which is made by A3DR so he can use bits of it for his RT/10). Though I believe this GT1 mod will be payware, but I'm thinking it will be worth it.

For tracks there is California Highway, which is looking better and better with every post.

I mean, as an unashamed Viper fanboy, things are looking good for me. :P And I've only mentioned a couple of random mods, as there are plenty of things knocking about in this thread. Now if we could just predict which mods will actually release some day. :lol:

So I've been trying a few mods recently, and I've been surprised by the amount of good content about the place. Released and in WIP.

Lancia Fulvia - This used to just be a nice model, but the physics update have made it very enjoyable. I had to really pull myself away from it after driving it at the Goodwood circuit mentioned before.

Caterham 7 - For the first time in a game, I've driven a Caterham which actually feels like what I'd imagine a Caterham should. There's another Caterham from this guy too, though I haven't driven it yet.

As usual, the best stuff is still WIP. For example RSS are putting together a GT1 mod, recreating some greats from GTR2. So far they have shown progress images of a Lister Storm; Ferrari 550 (which is going to come as a road car in a separate non RSS mod); and a Viper GTS-R (which is made by A3DR so he can use bits of it for his RT/10). Though I believe this GT1 mod will be payware, but I'm thinking it will be worth it.

For tracks there is California Highway, which is looking better and better with every post.

I mean, as an unashamed Viper fanboy, things are looking good for me. :P And I've only mentioned a couple of random mods, as there are plenty of things knocking about in this thread. Now if we could just predict which mods will actually release some day. :lol:
Thank you!!! Just today I was banging my head against the wall trying to remember a mod car that competes with the Alfa Romeo GTA. My mind was a blank. How bizarre that you mention it on the same day. :D Thank you... 👍

The Caterham's are really good mods. Graphically they are incredible. Personally, I've never really cared for the look of Caterhams and I've always wondered why people seem to like 'em so much. If I were looking for a pure track ride I would go through a fairly exhaustive list of cars before settling on a Caterham. In the sim the Caterhams turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought they'd be. Ripping it around Col des Mourèzes was a tense trip but very exciting.

Thank you!!! Just today I was banging my head against the wall trying to remember a mod car that competes with the Alfa Romeo GTA. My mind was a blank. How bizarre that you mention it on the same day. :D Thank you... 👍

The Caterham's are really good mods. Graphically they are incredible. Personally, I've never really cared for the look of Caterhams and I've always wondered why people seem to like 'em so much. If I were looking for a pure track ride I would go through a fairly exhaustive list of cars before settling on a Caterham. In the sim the Caterhams turned out to be a lot more fun than I thought they'd be. Ripping it around Col des Mourèzes was a tense trip but very exciting.

Glad to be of help. :)

I found the Caterhams just have charm, they're like Porsches. The design is drilled into you from the moment you're born because they're iconic, and they never really change their design. And many fall to that, me included. :P

And AH! Col Des Mourezes. I've only driven it once so far in a Honda S800 RSC, and interestingly I found it goes really far up the hill after the finish point, just without detail. :P Like, if you took the undetailed road after the finish line, the length would probably double.

Last edited:
All the discussion over the last few pages leaves me feeling like no one will want to try this mod, but I'm going ahead and sharing it anyway since I've stretched so much damn fiddling and testing into it over probably 2 years now during small bouts of free time. I almost feel like I own the bloody thing in real life and it's a part of me.

For tl;dr, skip the quote box.

First of all I want to thank @ALB123 for testing this car out on his wheel for me and the awesome feedback he gave me.

So just want to get all the off putting stuff out of the way. I'm not an expert at anything and there is no real life version of this car for me to get data from. Worse yet, 99% of my testing has had to be done on a controller. Instead, I referenced the data from a bunch of Kunos' and the best modded cars to make sure I was in the right ball park, and then extensively test it out on track each and every time I changed something. This means I have accumulated 1000's of kilometers/miles in this car.

It was a mod of a basic Seat Leon Cupra R that I've changed literally every single thing about, I wanted to make it into a trackday sleeper and fun Spec/Cup racer.
It's now 4wd - 300ish BHP to the rear wheels and 90ish to the front wheels. New engine, suspension, roll bars, drivetrain, gearbox, v10 tires (slick+street), brakes, weight distribution, lowered center of gravity... the list goes on. I tried to make sure I didn't miss a single detail, so that means I took into account new fuel consumption numbers, incorporated negative turbo boost into the data, updated/fixed the driver animation and dashboard dials, created some new F6 cameras etc.

The car has characteristics that might take some getting used to as they are tuned to my tastes, but are perhaps the most fun I've had in AC. To me the car is a constant challenge when pushing it and feels so alive all the time, but I'm never without a smile the whole time.

The A.I works well enough but will become a bit hesitant at times when the inner rear wheel lifts above the tarmac during corner entry. I'd love to update the skins for higher resolution ones but don't have the software for that. I'd recommend using Content Manager to disable the ordinary car skins, so that you're left with the racing liveries should you choose do a spec race.

Don't know how or if I can change the default camber setup for when you enter the track, so I recommend using more camber than what the default values are in the pitlane setup screen. I could find and change files fr all the other options and menus but not the default suspension for some reason.

xdXo5iM

Last edited:
Ahhh! I see that dealerships are finally taking orders for the Seat Cupra R! :D 👍 She's a very fun car to drive. A lot quicker than you'd think. She has cajones. Just to refresh my memory, I did a 6 lap stint on Bilster Berg which happens to be one of my favorite tracks. This Cupra R slices and dices through Bilster Berg thanks to a nice All-Wheel-Drive system. I don't think this really helps my lap times any, but I find it to be very fun, so I do it anyway. That's giving a decent stomp on the brakes to unload the rear tires and quickly spin the rear around. I do recommend figuring out a good starting air pressure for the 4 tires. On Bilster Berg the front tires were roasting up due to my balls to the walls approach toward driving the circuit. I highly suggest you do some quick experimenting before you try setting lap records. :D

Thank you, @Lewis_Hamilton_ for allowing me the chance to test the car in advance. You've made a really good, competitive vehicle. :cheers:

All the discussion over the last few pages leaves me feeling like no one will want to try this mod, but I'm going ahead and sharing it anyway since I've stretched so much damn fiddling and testing into it over probably 2 years now during small bouts of free time. I almost feel like I own the bloody thing in real life and it's a part of me.

For tl;dr, skip the quote box.

xdXo5iM

Especially my son likes this one to practice before he gets his drivers license next year. He then wants to buy a second hand BMW, CivicR or Seat Leon Cupra...keep dreaming boy ;)

For the last month AC or maybe Content Manager (full version) has been crashing my computer. When I reboot the computer.....Steam does not recognize that I have AC installed and attempts to re-download it and re-install it. After what appears to be a new AC re-install, and when I try to start an AC race thru CM I get a message that reads something like "assetto corsa is running a different version from what Content Manager is........."do you wish to auto delete the current ac folder or please backup and delete the AC folder manually before proceeding." Following that process this last time, now content manger does not recognize any of my add-on tracks, but I can see those tracks in the folder and they are listed in CM under tracks, Has anyone experienced any or all of these goofy symptoms and are you aware of solutions? Cheers! :eek:

@kapnk006: Hmmm, I¨m not sure what's wrong, but in your case I think I would uninstall everything, and delete all folders in relation to both AC and CM. The one under Steam, the one under Documents and the CM-folders (Appdata something something). Simply erase everything that has anything to do with AC/CM (make backups of necessary settings of course). Then I would reinstall and just run the normal AC launcher, and make sure everything works fine before reinstalling CM.

A new amazing car from Virtua Simulazioni
The beautiful Toyota GT One

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/virtua-simulazioni-toyota-gt-one.17341/
So, it finally got released? :D I've been driving it for months waiting for others to try it. I'll have to check and see if this is different than the build I've been test-driving. When I first started seeing this car pop up in GT screenshots I did not like it at all. It wasn't until Assetto Corsa that I learned to appreciate this car's looks.

Congrats BrownNinja, wherever you may be... :cheers:

@kapnk006 - before you delete everything and start over, I would just delete/uninstall Content Manager. Reboot and then reinstall Content Manager. I don't remember the exact technical details, but when you install Content Manager it does something to AssettoCorsa.exe - it changes something to that executable. What does it change? I can't remember - it's been so long... However, I think that's why it's claiming there are two different versions running that don't compare, or whatever the error is.

Also, before doing something drastic like a full re-install I would always try a shot at asking the guys in the Official Support Thread on the Kunos servers. @Schnipp knows a crapload about CM. @Topuz (creator of SideKick) knows a ton too...others in there are very knowledgeable about fixing CM errors too.

Good luck. 👍

So, it finally got released? :D I've been driving it for months waiting for others to try it. I'll have to check and see if this is different than the build I've been test-driving. When I first started seeing this car pop up in GT screenshots I did not like it at all. It wasn't until Assetto Corsa that I learned to appreciate this car's looks.

Congrats BrownNinja, wherever you may be... :cheers:

@kapnk006 - before you delete everything and start over, I would just delete/uninstall Content Manager. Reboot and then reinstall Content Manager. I don't remember the exact technical details, but when you install Content Manager it does something to AssettoCorsa.exe - it changes something to that executable. What does it change? I can't remember - it's been so long... However, I think that's why it's claiming there are two different versions running that don't compare, or whatever the error is.

Also, before doing something drastic like a full re-install I would always try a shot at asking the guys in the Official Support Thread on the Kunos servers. @Schnipp knows a crapload about CM. @Topuz (creator of SideKick) knows a ton too...others in there are very knowledgeable about fixing CM errors too.

Good luck. 👍

Thanks ALB. I have made some progress in diagnosing part of the problem. Steam occasionally does not recognize that I have the Steam root directly installed on my E:/ Drive, not C:/ drive. That might be a simple fix......👍

Thanks ALB. I have made some progress in diagnosing part of the problem. Steam occasionally does not recognize that I have the Steam root directly installed on my E:/ Drive, not C:/ drive. That might be a simple fix......👍
Oh no! I hope nothing like that happens to me. I'm such an idiot. I installed Steam & Assetto Corsa on my E:\ as I wanted to keep Assetto Corsa on its own SSD. When I bought rFactor 2 I must not have been paying attention because that installed on my C:\ which means it has all the other folders and files that go along with steam.

I own AC but have only played around with it on and off couple times. Up until now I've been completely oblivious to the amount of quality modded tracks this game has.

There is a group of modders for AC who's website I've been browsing called Sim Traxx. I'm looking through their modded tracks and all I can say is WOW!!!! Their tracks look beautiful(IMO)!!!! While other modders' tracks look OK, Sim Traxx' tracks look outstanding. I don't know how they've pulled it off, but they've managed to mimic that photorealistic "digitzed" look similar to Grand Prix Legends that I love so much, but with higher detail. Their version of Targa Florio looks absolutely stunning, I have to say Sim Traxx' tracks makes it really hard to wait til my new PC rig is built. I'm dying to drive their tracks in VR! What are you guys' thoughts on Sim Traxx?

Screenshot_ferrari_312t_simtraxx_trieste_0.7_20-6-116-22-20-34.jpg

Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_s1_simtraxx_sorica_0.75_25-7-116-19-33-40.jpg

Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_s1_simtraxx_pikes_peak_0.86_25-7-116-19-28-37.jpg

Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_hondarribia_0.8_11-5-116-23-6-41.jpg

Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_puy_0.9_27-7-116-2-13-57.jpg

Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_haguenau_0.9_21-4-117-2-44-18.jpg

Screenshot_lotus_exige_s_roadster_simtraxx_monte_erice_0.85_2-10-116-4-17-25.jpg

Screenshot_ast_spark_renault_srt01_e_hk_6-4-116-4-14-9.jpg

Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_drazgose_0.7_2-8-116-1-22-20.jpg

Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_drazgose_0.7_2-8-116-1-31-4.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back