Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,810 comments
Give it time, I had the same problem. I started driving the 0.9.3 version which was also crazy bumpy (think GT4 bumpy) and then 0.9.8 smoothed out a lot of those areas. 1.0 and beyond improved further as far as the actual curves and such but I agree, it takes some visualizing in your mind because the visual cues in the track got pushed later than you're used to with GT5 or GT6 (nice clean visible kerbs and so forth). So it's like you have to work on turning earlier, using the "feel" you recall from GT5/6.

I'm at about 110 laps of Snoopy's NS in AC now and I think I'm finally getting the hang of it :)

The "problem" is, I don´t know how accurate Snoopys version to real life is. So when I get used to it and then it turns out that GT has the most accurate version, I have to adapt back to that version. Because I am pretty excited for the coming AC version of the track, wich should be the most accurate version (besides Forza). Some people say that laser scanning is pure marketing. But I think it is still more accurate than building the track by analyzing videos and pictures.

I downloaded the newest Snoopy NS build. He puts incredibly lot of work into it. But for me, personally, I cant get used to it. I have driven the NS in GT4, GT5 and GT6 for hundreds of hours and on Snoopys version sometimes I am not even sure on what part of the track I am. Everything feels so completely different. I have no clue if the GT version is accurate in comparison to real life.

For a mod, the Nordschleife is bloddy accurate and has much more realistic elevation changes. I personally like the AC mod better than the version in GT, which is still from the GT4 days I believe.
The only thing he needs to improve is just a little bit more immersion, I don't think I've seen the Nürburg anywhere, that would be a nice little touch. But overall I'd rate it a 9/10 for accuracy in terms of the overall track layout, narrowness and elevation changes.

For a mod, the Nordschleife is bloddy accurate and has much more realistic elevation changes. I personally like the AC mod better than the version in GT, which is still from the GT4 days I believe.
The only thing he needs to improve is just a little bit more immersion, I don't think I've seen the Nürburg anywhere, that would be a nice little touch. But overall I'd rate it a 9/10 for accuracy in terms of the overall track layout, narrowness and elevation changes.

Essentially what I was getting at 👍 Depends on what car you drive as well, but the more time I spend in the Formula Abarth which is really good at pointing where you want it, the more I'm driving basically the same lines as always around the 'Ring. Agree 100% about the elevation changes in particular, really fun how those change your approach in many places.

I finally started doing laps in the GP2 car which is interesting, has the potential to break 6 minutes easy but I keep messing up the last chicane and that car sucks for recovering (and the flat bottom makes it love to spin on kerbs and grass). Now I see why they have been testing bigger wheels in F1, those 13 inchers with huge sidewalls make the handling kind of a pain in the 🤬 on busy tracks like the NS.

latest mod:
preview_original-jpg.60718

Earplug not supplied.:sly:

Seems the link on Virtual R to download has too much traffic :lol:. Is RaceDepartment kind of the go to place for AC mods?

Seems the link on Virtual R to download has too much traffic :lol:. Is RaceDepartment kind of the go to place for AC mods?

Race Department has some nice content but its all very well filtered for legality as is AssettoCorsa.net If you look hard enough you can find some unofficial sites.

Rather than just post a link and possibly upset the forum moderators, just google - facebook assetto corsa mods ; )

Always happy to add GTPlanet members to my steam friends - boothegoopc

I don't know if it's the best or go - to mod site for AC, but it's where I get most of my mods, not to mention that they're also notify you when the mod has been updated, which is always a nice thing.

I posted this in an other thread too. I am not a fan of mods. Especially cars. But correct me please if I am wrong. How can a modder know how a car feels in real life? How do they make the physics? Are they fantasy physics? Or do they take the car data and think the car must feel like this with this weight, length and so on?

I posted this in an other thread too. I am not a fan of mods. Especially cars. But correct me please if I am wrong. How can a modder know how a car feels in real life? How do they make the physics? Are they fantasy physics? Or do they take the car data and think the car must feel like this with this weight, length and so on?

The best mods are made with help from people who owns or drives those cars, the Cobra is being made with help from a guy who owns a Cobra and if i'm not wrong a guy from Kunos helped with the Tire model. The Gallardo Valentino Balboni is another one where some guys who own the car are helping.

Since we already have some GT3 cars in the game, I think they simply modify the handling model. In terms of the Daytona Concept Corvette for example, it feels very much like the 12C with a lot of downforce, so my guess is that they use the GT3 cars as reference and modify the handling accordingly. The rest of the stuff (gear rations, horsepower, etc.) can be researched on the internet, so I don't think they get much of a reference to the real car, but rather use what they know is going to work in the game.

I Beta tested it, it's really cool indeed.
Although maybe a bit too many generic XPack objects from BTB, some are even in Richard Burns Rally I think.
Not criticizing though, I did the same for my Petersberg.

OMG This, so much this.

I downloaded snoopys Nordschleife yesterday, and it runs rings around GTs version. Add the Cobra 427 to the mix and you have drving heaven.

Just added Castle Hill and Goodwood

Updated list
Akagi Mountain pass
Algarve
Alp Hillclimb
Aosta Grand Sport
Assen
Autumn Ring
Barcelona
Bathurst
Blackwood
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch Indy
Brno
Cadwell park
Cascavel
Castle Hill
Chayka
Circuit of The Americas
Croft
Daytona
Death Race
Donington Park
Dorifto
Dragon Range
Eastern Creek
Fuji Speedway short track
Fuji International
Gen Track 1
Glava Zete
Goodwood
Gunsai Touge
Hillclimb
Hockenheim Old Circuit
Hungaroring
Indianapolis
Interlagos
Interlagos79
Istanbul Park
Joux Plane
Laguna
Longford 67
Lime Rock
Losail
Magny Cours
Malaysia
Mallory Park
Melbourne Grand Prix Circuit
Mid Ohio
Mission
Monaco
Montreal
Montreal 1994
Mosport Park
Nardo
Nordschleife
Oran Park
Okoyama
Paul Ricard
Phillip Island
Prato
Rivijera
Road Atlanta
Road America
Sandown
Sarthe (Le Mans)
Shanghai Roof Top
Suzuka
Tsukuba
Top Gear
Trial Mountain
Vairano
Virginia
Watkins Glen
Westwood 1990
Willow
Yas Marina Circuit
Zandvoort
Zolder

OMG This, so much this.

I downloaded snoopys Nordschleife yesterday, and it runs rings around GTs version. Add the Cobra 427 to the mix and you have drving heaven.

For me personally the track itself is the most important, i don't care much about how it looks beside the track.
I have driven hundreds of hours on the Nordschleife in GT and in some other games. And i was on the real NS for 7 or 8 times. I have to say that the NS in GT was the most accurate NS in any Racing Game. Some corners in the snoopy version are too wide. Or the elevation is wrong. For a mod it is very good , but pls guys stop compairing it with GT's NS.
Drive on the Real NS , after that
Drive on GT, after that
Drive on AC Snoopy version

You will see what i mean ; )

For me personally the track itself is the most important, i don't care much about how it looks beside the track.
I have driven hundreds of hours on the Nordschleife in GT and in some other games. And i was on the real NS for 7 or 8 times. I have to say that the NS in GT was the most accurate NS in any Racing Game. Some corners in the snoopy version are too wide. Or the elevation is wrong. For a mod it is very good , but pls guys stop compairing it with GT's NS.
Drive on GT, after that

Having already lapped the Nürburgring more than 40 times in real life, the elevation changes are pretty much spot on, not perfect, but very, very good. GT isn't a bad version at all, but I find Snoopy's version to be a tad more accurate.

Having already lapped the Nürburgring more than 40 times in real life, the elevation changes are pretty much spot on, not perfect, but very, very good. GT isn't a bad version at all, but I find Snoopy's version to be a tad more accurate.
I guess this is more a physics and maybe FOV issue, since the Nordschleife in GT is laser scanned and the elevation data should be pretty spot on.

I guess this is more a physics and maybe FOV issue, since the Nordschleife in GT is laser scanned and the elevation data should be pretty spot on.

The whole physics thing could be true, I guess the Force Feedback implementation would fall into the same category? Anyways, comparing both the GT and AC version of the track, I don't think that both tracks are far apart in terms of quality. But then again, that makes the mod a little more impressive to me as well since they didn't have laser scanners at their disposal.

The whole physics thing could be true, I guess the Force Feedback implementation would fall into the same category? Anyways, comparing both the GT and AC version of the track, I don't think that both tracks are far apart in terms of quality. But then again, that makes the mod a little more impressive to me as well since they didn't have laser scanners at their disposal.

Have you played the Forza 5 Nürburgring or seen some decent videos? Curious to read your thoughts on it.

Have you played the Forza 5 Nürburgring or seen some decent videos? Curious to read your thoughts on it.

Actually saw it for the first time today on dasquirrelsnuts stream. I haven't played it yet, nor do I plan to buy an XBONE and FM5, but from what I saw it was okay. The carrusel surely looked horrible (sounds weird, but that a game breaker for me), but the overall layout looks good, but still not on a level that could even slightly be compared to the GT or AC version. I may have to look into more videos, but the first impression was more like a 5.5/10

Last edited:
Drive on GT, after that

Agreed, I get no flow in the Snoopy version. The elevation is a problem for me too. Coming from GT, I still was not able to do a clean lap on Snoopys version. And sometimes I am not sure where I am at the moment and get in "panic" because then I don´t remember the next coming corners. But again, anyway, great work from Snoopy.

Some tracks are laser scanned in GT5/6 but the Nordsschleife is not one of them.

PD was a very very long time on the NS and they made pictures and videos of every meter. And they even have scanned the "picturs", texts on the ground. Its just crazy.
GT's NS is the closest to the reality in any racing game.

In the snoopy version i feel like on a completly other track on some corners. But it is still a good track how i said before, especially for a mod. But many corner combinations are just wrong and they take the whole feeling out of the track.

@20832
Dunno :boggled: But good for you if you like it :cheers:

Nordschleife is my favorite track!, IMO GT5-6 has the best version (not the most accurate though).

The FM5 Nords (and most of the tracks) is what i like to call a Laserscan lite, the layout, elevation, etc are very accurate, but it lacks the bumps and imperfections a proper Laserscan should have. Also must of the kerbs are not correct (Silverstone, Bathurst have this problem too in FM5), it seems Turn 10 Scans only the track itself.

GT5-6 Nords is the best in terms of art direction, but the actual track is not very accurate if we are talking about laserscanned tracks, if it was Laserscanned it was a bad one. If it wasn't laserscanned it's damn good. Several part of the track have elevation changes that are not there IRL and it lacks others, several Kerbs are also wrong (not as severe as FM5 kerbs which IMO ruin the track), the Karussell is too wide, etc. The track IMO it's based on the GT4 one, it has the problems and all.

GTR EVO one was fine for it time too old now, still fun too drive, has some errors like the Kerbs at Wippermann, etc. Not laserscanned and it shows.

FM4 is awful the worst of all:crazy:, worst than some mods.

Snoopy one, although i appreciate the effort he made, it's not very accurate, it was based on a track that wasn't very accurate to begin with. Much better than FM4 though.

The most accurate IMO it's the rFactor Pro one, but it's not available to the general public.:grumpy:

Some tracks are laser scanned in GT5/6 but the Nordsschleife is not one of them.
Yes, it is, although I don't know how accurate the scan was.
I also thought otherwise in the past, but got proven wrong by people like amar and other insiders who post on NeoGAF.

GT5-6 Nords is the best in terms of art direction, but the actual track is not very accurate if we are talking about laserscanned tracks, if it was Laserscanned it was a bad one. If it wasn't laserscanned it's damn good. Several part of the track have elevation changes that are not there IRL and it lacks others, several Kerbs are also wrong (not as severe as FM5 kerbs which IMO ruin the track), the Karussell is too wide, etc. The track IMO it's based on the GT4 one, it has the problems and all.
The Karussell is not too wide and I'd like to know which curbs are wrong.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back