Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
whale shark-3.jpg
Been messing about with some different grills for the Anglia as part of the skins.

View attachment 881408

I was hoping for something more like a whale shark:

Last edited:
snow bug.png
01lrr2rfkamo

Hi,

I enjoy snow tracks as much as the next guy but, how do I turn I fix this? There is no snow mods for Nürburgring 1967. I've cleared the mods off of my assetto corsa, uninstalled and reinstalled it but, nothing works.

Sheepersleep, chek Custom Shaders Patch's weather options, and disable the option that says "allow seasonal adjustments", if I recall correctly.

Does anyone know if there's a good version of Castle Combe or is there still the one not-quite-good version available.

Sadly its still the crappy version. Went around the track a couple of years ago in a Morgan and its way out in some parts.
The crappy version is rather this rF2 conversion by MrMcphisto on RD (with flying objects, cardboard trees etc...)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/castle-combe-circuit.14612/

Two of the comments:
"""my local track, doesn't feel quite right here, very flat and feels wide with corners sharper than they actually seem, but as close as I can get without a 20 min drive"""

"""Amazing, It's great to drive my local circuit. Quite accurate to real-life. replay cameras are the only annoying thing but you can fix it with free cam tho"""

Seemingly different opninions about the same version.

So, If you happen to know a better version than Terra's (not implying that it is perfect), please let us know.

Sadly its still the crappy version. Went around the track a couple of years ago in a Morgan and its way out in some parts.

That's cool...what sort of Morgan was it? Only time I've been on it was at a trackday about 20 years ago as a passenger in my mates 180sx - he crashed after about 200yards doing about 120mph and luckily we hit the barriers at 30mph so no harm done apart from a scrape and a dented wing and me having to shout at him when to brake for the rest of the lap!! The passenger ride in my mates Civic type-r was a much better experience after that lol.

@Fanapryde Thanks mate, hopefully the Terra21 version is better than the one I have

Last edited:
I'm not far from Castle Combe but have never driven it. Been to plenty of race meetings there though. The Porsche Cup events were cool.
The sister of a mate's missus worked at Rockingham and used to get us VIP passes, but it was a bit of a hike for me. That's another track that deserves more love, though @GzeroD 's version is pretty good.

I'm not far from Castle Combe but have never driven it. Been to plenty of race meetings there though. The Porsche Cup events were cool.
The sister of a mate's missus worked at Rockingham and used to get us VIP passes, but it was a bit of a hike for me. That's another track that deserves more love, though @GzeroD 's version is pretty good.

Yeah I imagine it's a great track for spectating but it's about 3 hours from where I live so it's a bit of a trek...the trackday I did was a proper long day out but was at a time where me and my mates where doing em all over the country. Oh the good old days lol

I covered quite some distance in Velo's model and I was happy to see it been reworked and added to the TCL class.
But I stumbled upon some issues with the reworked version. My (DD) wheel now feels as if it has a very heavy center spring and the car's pendulum effect is far too high. Less noticeable on flat tracks but close to impossible to take any crest at speed without ending up in the armcos.
When comparing both files I noticed the new car was about 100kg heavier and the front ARB had been changed, which were the main changes I found.
This added weight probably triggers the issues I had, and would also explain the 'grippy' tires, because it prevents them from 'sliding' and causes sudden grip loss when on the egde.
Maybe it would be better to change the power (I don't mod and I don't know how) in stead of adding weight ?

Thanks for trying it. It was still a WIP and not enough time spent on but I said I would put it up here so I did.
The pendulum effect came from the Bump Stop Spring rate if I remember correctly and those needed to be stiffened. In order to figure out different suspension settings to learn what's going on, I was setting extreme settings on the car and seeing the effect. I think the last was the Bump Stop Spring where I remember it not centering the car and getting that pendulum.
If you guys say it's not too big than I'll keep it. Seems as though the wheels and tires come as high as the hood on a Hillman Imp or other similar smaller cars.
Figuring out what makes particular suspension settings allow a pair of tires to be that grippy is interesting to me though. Where you think they should break away, they just keep the car planted. Which isn't always a good thing when we're trying to have fun by making harder to drive vintage race cars.

Have a go in this. renamed to '2' so shouldn't overwrite other one, but worst case try this if not good then delete and re download bezzers one..

https://mega.nz/#F!kI0FFATA!-NitPhRIWwo2bo8IPeIfNA

I used a template of other physics but was going for feel and made it a bit higher. Working on pure assumptions and feel.
Way i look at it, not every racing e type is going to feel the same either so as long as it isn't feeling like FWD car or handles like an F1 car...
I'm getting a snail-pace download here, like 1993 dial-up speeds. Is it because the folder is fragmented and Mega is zipping every single byte individually or something?
@safi hellie did you put everything in a folder first, then zip it, before uploading? I don't upload to Mega myself but it seems something might have gone wrong here (my internet speeds are normal :) )

I'm getting a snail-pace download here, like 1993 dial-up speeds. Is it because the folder is fragmented and Mega is zipping every single byte individually or something?
@safi hellie did you put everything in a folder first, then zip it, before uploading? I don't upload to Mega myself but it seems something might have gone wrong here (my internet speeds are normal :) )

It's cause he drags everything into the Mega window as separate files and you have to manually zip it first then download it...a lot slower way of doing things but it should get there eventually lol

And here I was very surprised this morning that it literally took 2 seconds to download. And it was the whole folder that did not need unzip either. I just put it in the cars folder and it worked.
I rightclicked on the car folder on the left of the Mega page > download and it was already there... :crazy:
Thought it was an empty folder but no...

Maybe because I use Mega too ?

Have a go in this. renamed to '2' so shouldn't overwrite other one, but worst case try this if not good then delete and re download bezzers one..

https://mega.nz/#F!kI0FFATA!-NitPhRIWwo2bo8IPeIfNA

I used a template of other physics but was going for feel and made it a bit higher. Working on pure assumptions and feel.
Way i look at it, not every racing e type is going to feel the same either so as long as it isn't feeling like FWD car or handles like an F1 car...

I didn't get a chance to check it out yet (drive it) but looking at the data, it looks like the rear suspension was changed to an axle from double wishbone. What was the donor car? I'm right there with you wanting to get the feel right but instead of just swapping suspension files around I'm trying to get an understanding of what we have to work with. I think we can get the car right with the raised BASEY and other parameters while keeping it original to the car.
I'm going to try a mix of the two. After all, when we look at the original car, it could have run with modern GT4 cars so it's good to just get it to run with peers it's own age, even if we do have to dumb down the engine a lot.

we are getting really close to having the 2020 vantage AMR done, the paint might not be possible to get 1:1 perfect, but we are trying. and i just found out this car exists, The 2019 DB11 AMR upload_2020-1-14_13-14-11.pngso just to keep up with the astons i think this will be next after the 2020. The AMR line heavily rely on paint though, because the physics of the car and performance isn't really much different than the normal cars. with the exception of the AMR Pro line, because those are track built. but the 2020 AMR for instance is just basically a 2020 vantage with a stick shift, and with better brakes and less engine torque (yea less :( because manual gearbox problems)

So ive been a little disappointed the more i read, AMR alone isnt always a massive performance increase. only AMR Pro models are super fast. so just a warning that the AMR's comming up will not be track weapons sadly :( more like grand touring cars.

Edit: and by we, i mean Mr b00 and me, Mr B00 is my paint guy, gotta make sure i credit him

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back