Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,987 comments
Guys, would it be complicated to add functional headlights (and working rear lights of course) to the Porsche RS 2.7 from the TC Legends pack by Bazza? Unfortunately it has been not included so far. :( Is anyone willing to do it please?

Guys, would it be complicated to add functional headlights (and working rear lights of course) to the Porsche RS 2.7 from the TC Legends pack by Bazza? Unfortunately it has been not included so far. :( Is anyone willing to do it please?
Not at my rig now, but I took the lighting part of the .ini file from a similar car and added it: all lights working now.
I can look for it later tonight.

Thank you Sir. I did it by myself and it worked! Base was the 911 R-Gruppe (which is in fact the same car). Just copied the values from the lights.ini from that car and created a new lights.ini after unpacking the data.acd. Re-packed and voila! Here it is!

upload_2020-1-14_21-15-29.png

"PCARS2 is somewhere above AC, but below Raceroom; too much fiddling required to not be as good as Raceroom is out of the box. PCARS1 was hopeless, far worse than AC."

First thing i read...I am not getting involved...

You do not have to comment, I did not, but you still can vote.

Is there a decent XJ220 mod about?

Think Zin5ki had one in a pack but it places driver in the passenger seat.

Separately, I don't think there is a XJR-15 mod available but thought I'd see if anyone knew better...

Does anyone have a link on where to get Dan Busca's Porsche 911 997 GT3 RSR v1.8 ? I have version 1.7 and 1.5. I've only been able to locate a couple FB pages that talk about it , but the links are down. Was hoping for some more optimized cars , as they kinda drag my rig down worse than most any car I have. It sounds like they were updated in some key areas.

Does anyone have a link on where to get Dan Busca's Porsche 911 997 GT3 RSR v1.8 ? I have version 1.7 and 1.5. I've only been able to locate a couple FB pages that talk about it , but the links are down. Was hoping for some more optimized cars , as they kinda drag my rig down worse than most any car I have. It sounds like they were updated in some key areas.
https://mega.nz/?fbclid=IwAR2cyxhP8...A!gdlusEAVPgbxC6h0MyVfz4G2m0fKhnZZpCrku5nwrfs

From here, may need to join to see it :confused::

https://www.facebook.com/pg/AssettoCorsaORS/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2598137346866147

Thank you Norms!! I really dig what Dan and the other's did on this mod , and hoping the v1.8 will run better.

"PCARS2 is somewhere above AC, but below Raceroom; too much fiddling required to not be as good as Raceroom is out of the box. PCARS1 was hopeless, far worse than AC."

First thing i read...I am not getting involved...

Hmmm?? I have all of the sims here , and PC2 is the second most worst feeling feedback of any new sim out there ( to me )......the only one worse than that , was PC1. I've tried every updated FFB patch available , which helped , but not even in the same league as AMS / RF2 / AC / RRE. There is still a huge , noticeable dead spot right dead center , and the feel of the road surface , bumps , curbs , braking , acceleration.......feels " fake " to me. Bought both and it was the worst $100.00 I've ever spent , and will NOT do again!

@slider.........in AMS there is a really , really good flat 6 mod that I loved ( still love ) and Dan's cars are the closest thing to it. Just needs to be a little less resource heavy. Great mod for sure.

I didn't get a chance to check it out yet (drive it) but looking at the data, it looks like the rear suspension was changed to an axle from double wishbone. What was the donor car? I'm right there with you wanting to get the feel right but instead of just swapping suspension files around I'm trying to get an understanding of what we have to work with. I think we can get the car right with the raised BASEY and other parameters while keeping it original to the car.
I'm going to try a mix of the two. After all, when we look at the original car, it could have run with modern GT4 cars so it's good to just get it to run with peers it's own age, even if we do have to dumb down the engine a lot.

Yep totally agree, you are correct I didn't even look at what it was running in real life on the rear. I have just made it DWB at the rear and its not really changed its feeling much as far as i can tell.
This getting in deep to the ini files was a little personal project and I am far far far far far away from being any good at it other than purely on what I
like to feel.
I was using the Jaguar mk2 files as a template and that is axel so yeah have re visited that now and changed some stuff.
But I am glad i have done this anyway as it has given me a better idea of what is involved and how AC works and the myriad of things you can change in those files.
I still stick to my belief that on a simulated car you can be accurate down to the last nut, but sometimes it just wont feel or drive right.
Yes it's great to have everything perfect but if it feels crud, to me, it feels crud.
The original velos mod of the Jag IMO is horrible. I am not a fan of velos's stuff on the whole, just downloaded some more of his jags and just dont feel good.

BTW Is AC the only sim where you can see the suspensions layout?

Yep totally agree, you are correct I didn't even look at what it was running in real life on the rear. I have just made it DWB at the rear and its not really changed its feeling much as far as i can tell.
This getting in deep to the ini files was a little personal project and I am far far far far far away from being any good at it other than purely on what I
like to feel.
I was using the Jaguar mk2 files as a template and that is axel so yeah have re visited that now and changed some stuff.
But I am glad i have done this anyway as it has given me a better idea of what is involved and how AC works and the myriad of things you can change in those files.
I still stick to my belief that on a simulated car you can be accurate down to the last nut, but sometimes it just wont feel or drive right.
Yes it's great to have everything perfect but if it feels crud, to me, it feels crud.
The original velos mod of the Jag IMO is horrible. I am not a fan of velos's stuff on the whole, just downloaded some more of his jags and just dont feel good.

BTW Is AC the only sim where you can see the suspensions layout?
I'm far away too Safi. I read lots of forum threads in Race Department and here and there and I'm trying to soak up as much info as possible. Like Jonny 5 (if anyone even gets that reference)
I agree, from what I've read, sometimes the original parameters, measurements and stats get you in the ballpark with the kunos simulation engine but then you need to massage and coax some parameters outside of their original values to make the car FEEL correct. And that is the most important part after all that we care about.
I liked the TC Legends feel so that's why I wanted to work with some more cars to learn from. I'm also in the process of making a pack of GT4 cars because there's a few showing up here and there and other cars can easily be BoP'd into the GT4 category. I'll tell you what, WAAAAAY easier than the TC Legends bunch. Getting the old school race cars body roll, weight distribution and slide is almost like an art form when you get it right. Especially when we're working with different suspension systems that are simulated.
On the other hand, GT4 cars drive and perform fairly similar and we're not trying to get super amounts of body roll and weight transfer. Can get a pack of those going and feeling acceptable in very little time compared to TCL's.

As far as I know, AC is the only SIM allowing to see a development model of the car. How fortunate we are to be able to play around while NOT being behind the steering wheel. :)

Which sim has the most realistic FFB
Cast your vote there, I already voted.
Rfactor 2 is what Gt academy uses to prepare the guys for a real car. that just shows how good it is physics wise. I dont own it, ive only tried it at my buddys house on his CSL elite over a year ago. and to this day i still regard it the best FFB ive ever experienced. However all i play is AC and i'm a fanboy for AC so that's why i wont download rfactor, in fear it would ruin AC for me just like AC ruined forza 7 for me. i cant return to forza 7 physics because they are worse.

hey quick question, wondering if im alone on this or what, do you guys ever like plan on playing assetto corsa like all day at work you think about it, but then when you get home, you just spend hours like downloading mods and mod cars without even driving them, and just messing with everything EXCEPT the racing and testing you thought about all day? i keep doing that everyday spending more time in content manager and websites than in races. its almost like collecting mods is addicting

hey quick question, wondering if im alone on this or what, do you guys ever like plan on playing assetto corsa like all day at work you think about it, but then when you get home, you just spend hours like downloading mods and mod cars without even driving them, and just messing with everything EXCEPT the racing and testing you thought about all day? i keep doing that everyday spending more time in content manager and websites than in races. its almost like collecting mods is addicting

I know that feeling. For me it started when I "discovered" the button linked to search engines in CM. Next I have checked all infos for tracks and cars and set them right. This took me ages but gave me great insight.

My first sim was the Papyraus 2002 Nascar game , then didn't do much after that until about 6 years ago. Bought and played all the big name sims. Got heavily involved in AMS , with mods , cars , tracks , ect........but AC takes that to an all new level. I didn't like AC very much all the way up to about a year ago. Then , I discovered what this whole CM , shader patch , thing was , and it opened a whole new world in the sim world for me. I Gotta thank guy's like Liquidsky , P1buttplug , Masscot and a few other's , for steering me in the right direction......BUT , it became overwhelming forr me.

Every single day , it seemed like I needed to update something , download something ( which was probably going to be updated and re-released another 10 times! ) It was taking to much of my spare time. So I threw in the towel. I only download , update things when I notice an issue , or really want something. I spend 95% of the time actually driving and racing. Before.....it was 5% driving , and 95% updating and downloading........it was ruining it for me.

Have a go in this. renamed to '2' so shouldn't overwrite other one, but worst case try this if not good then delete and re download bezzers one..

https://mega.nz/#F!kI0FFATA!-NitPhRIWwo2bo8IPeIfNA

I used a template of other physics but was going for feel and made it a bit higher. Working on pure assumptions and feel.
Way i look at it, not every racing e type is going to feel the same either so as long as it isn't feeling like FWD car or handles like an F1 car...

I can't get this to run. Anyone else having that problem?

I love the feeling AC gives me, for instance the issue with the non-working headlights on the Porsche 2.7 from Bazza. Everyday I try to do a different car and track combination, do some hotlaps and track days and have a look onto the track and the car. And if there is some discrepancy I try to fix it. Also learning from the amazing community we have here. Get grassFX working or setting up headlights is no longer a rocket science for me. I don´t need another sim for ages on my PC. 👍

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back