Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,973 comments
nobody wanted me to post this: Prag v0.2 <http://www.mediafire.com/file/xe9w1g46ijhztcs/prague_v0.2.7z>
-2 layouts+both reverse=4 in total, 24 working pits, optimzed, vao-patches, light config
-still todo: cameras, better ai lines, dynamic objects, more lights (chances are nobody does not do that)
-unpack to "ac\content\tracks" folder or drag into CM window - do fresh install!
Have Fun!
View attachment 875250
Oh friend... I don't know why but I can't download it. Looks like the link is dead, or maybe MF link is dead... Anybody had the same issue? Can anybody help me with that track? Thanks in advance

hey quick question, wondering if im alone on this or what, do you guys ever like plan on playing assetto corsa like all day at work you think about it, but then when you get home, you just spend hours like downloading mods and mod cars without even driving them, and just messing with everything EXCEPT the racing and testing you thought about all day? i keep doing that everyday spending more time in content manager and websites than in races. its almost like collecting mods is addicting

Yes. Yes. Yes. I need to stop! Thanks for your latest additions too!

AARRGG!!.........Frustrating! Man , I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm really trying to get Dan Busca's 2007 911/997 GT3 mod to work , and it just runs like crap! I run a single practice is works great , but anything over about 8 - 10 cars I keep getting little freeze-up's! I can run 30+ RSS 2019 F1 cars without a hic-up , or basically any car........but this one. I even went through all the skins and deleted about 5 - 6 of them which were between 30-40mb ( Rest are like 15 - 23mb. That didn't help either. What's bugging me the most is , I can't figure it out!

Anyone run this , and see any issues? I love these cars , but damn it , they just won't run worth a crap in a full field of them. Any tips that may help?

hey quick question, wondering if im alone on this or what, do you guys ever like plan on playing assetto corsa like all day at work you think about it, but then when you get home, you just spend hours like downloading mods and mod cars without even driving them, and just messing with everything EXCEPT the racing and testing you thought about all day? i keep doing that everyday spending more time in content manager and websites than in races. its almost like collecting mods is addicting

Honestly I’m at the point where I’m adding more mods than my BoP for each car class I've made can keep up. I'm trying to restrict my options for mods to tracks only at the moment until I finish balancing most of my groups. Currently working on GT1 which is a pretty wild class on my setup. Has everything from the 911 GT1 to the CCGT and Zonda R.

__custom_showroom_1579144950.jpg

Here's the happy little "GT1" cluster-frig I've decided to take up balancing.

__custom_showroom_1579145643.jpg

I've also been able to purchase the RSS GT1 pack recently. Luckily these don't require balancing, though I find the Saleen to be a little faster than the others. Easily my favourite mod cars I've acquired so far.

Last edited:
AARRGG!!.........Frustrating!
Anyone run this , and see any issues? I love these cars , but damn it , they just won't run worth a crap in a full field of them. Any tips that may help?
Clubber, I can give a quick answer, but I'm sure someone else can provide more details. The problem is the car only provides one .kn5 file at a high level of detail. Your graphics card is trying to produce your full field of cars at that same high level and is choking. Try 3-5 cars and you'll see the difference. Compare that car to the RSS you mentioned and you'll see that it has 5 .kn5 files with decreasing levels of detail (often called LOD files). Graphics cards have a much easier time displaying those cars as the further away from you they are, the graphics card isn't trying to produce every nitty gritty detail around the track.

Clubber, I can give a quick answer, but I'm sure someone else can provide more details. The problem is the car only provides one .kn5 file at a high level of detail. Your graphics card is trying to produce your full field of cars at that same high level and is choking. Try 3-5 cars and you'll see the difference. Compare that car to the RSS you mentioned and you'll see that it has 5 .kn5 files with decreasing levels of detail (often called LOD files). Graphics cards have a much easier time displaying those cars as the further away from you they are, the graphics card isn't trying to produce every nitty gritty detail around the track.
Got a link for that?

That makes a lot of sense Jody , Thanks! I have heard many guy's on here mention " Lod's " , but I never really understood what those were? In Dan's 911/ 997 , what would be the reasoning in making the files like that? I never considered the KN5 files as the issue , I always thought it might of been just crappy skins ( to big ). Is this something that the creator ( Dan ) needs to fix in the future? I honestly don't have any other set of cars that do this , except for this Porsche. I'm running 30 - 40 car grids on some of these tracks with no problems at all. ( Like all of them actually ) And this Porsche just taxes the heck out of my computer. Is there something I can tweak to make them run smoother?

That makes a lot of sense Jody , Thanks! I have heard many guy's on here mention " Lod's " , but I never really understood what those were? In Dan's 911/ 997 , what would be the reasoning in making the files like that? I never considered the KN5 files as the issue , I always thought it might of been just crappy skins ( to big ). Is this something that the creator ( Dan ) needs to fix in the future? I honestly don't have any other set of cars that do this , except for this Porsche. I'm running 30 - 40 car grids on some of these tracks with no problems at all. ( Like all of them actually ) And this Porsche just taxes the heck out of my computer. Is there something I can tweak to make them run smoother?

Hey man whats up.
lod's are "levels of detail". Dont worry on that Porsche of Dan's, its a heap the way it is. The variance in lod's is to have the details lessened when the car is far back or not even visible, other wise with one high level LOD its wasting your GPU away when it shouldn't.

Run 20 ks cars and track.
Then run the same track with 20 of Dan's unoptimized cars. Clunk.
They're in the dumpster.

Does the attached file solve your problem? Maures GTR's data references to these fonts. I don't have the Darche though.
They need to be extracted into assettocorsa\content\fonts folder.
Thanks for your help! It helps.. :-)
But why did URD not put the fonts into their car? Or is this an AssettoCorsa font which I was missing?

@Clubber_Lang @P1ButtPlug LOD’s are absolutely a contributing factor no doubt about that but try running a field of the plain yellow skinned ones and notice the difference, I just gained 10fps alone from doing that over a grid of random skins. There’s simply too much detail in some of Dan’s skins for this scenario on all but the quickest of systems. The model itself is not too highly detailed in comparison, it has less than 100k polys. @P1ButtPlug I wouldn’t say the car is a “heap”, it’s definitely a fun car to drive. Anyway, I have created some rudimentary LOD’s for the car but they make little difference on my system, but maybe these plus some skin tweaking will help @Clubber_Lang ? I need to tweak them slightly and I’ll upload them later to see if they help.

Last edited:
Aston Martin DB4GT Zagato 1960-1963
by Velo (with kind permission of Francisco Bort)

PLEASE NOTE: This is a very high poly model and may not be conducive for operation with large starting grids or multiple cars on track.

AM DB4GT ZAGATO.jpg

https://velosmodsworkshop.com.mx/aston%20martin.html

Edit: high poly model seems to be only for the bodywork. The dash and steering wheel look rather (very) low poly... :indiff: ---> to the bin it goes.

Last edited:
Lets all start a riot & im sure he changes his mind!!!
👍:D

Thanks! I have heard many guy's on here mention " Lod's " , but I never really understood what those were?
FPS drop on start grid can depend on both processor and
from video card. For example, if you have a powerful processor but a weak video card, and skins are used in cars 4K the video card will not be able to cope. In this case, you can reduce texture size to improve FPS slightly. But if the processor is weak and the graphics card is powerful, the textures stop being a problem, but the FPS will be low because the processor is weak. This is only corrected by reducing the detail or number of 3d objects. The easiest thing is to reduce the number of cars on the starting grid. It is also possible to reduce the detail of the track in the graphics settings - grass, viewers, some other objects will be disabled, but you will be able to increase the number of cars of rivals. The very presence of LOD is not yet a guarantee of high FPS. In some mods, LODs are not optimized, and there is practically no result from them. In my computer, it is the processor that limits the number of rivals. So I have to configure LODs in every fashion. This often allows for + 10-15FPS. I think this is because the author of mod has a good processor, and therefore he does not see problems with FPS on his system, and therefore cannot optimize the mode so that it works quickly on weaker processors as well. If one of the authors would like to pay attention to this - I would advise you to use the windows feature, which allows you to disable several processor cores for a while. You get as if a weaker processor, and then you can notice in what conditions and why your mod causes fps to fall. Perhaps you just need to set other distance values for Lods, or exclude some one complex part from 3D model. Just as game developers at the final stage of testing must perform optimization for different systems, fashion developers, if they want all users to enjoy so that the mode can be considered high quality - must perform optimization.
Unfortunately, even the most respected moders are limited to setting up only on their system. If you make a good optimization, it will be useful not only for slow processor owners, but also for those with three monitors, or VR. This will reduce the probability of various picture twitches, short-term FPS falls. Even on the most powerful systems there will be a benefit - you will be able to put not 40 rivals, but 60...

Screenshot_lexus_rcf_gt3_acc_spa_8-1-120-23-26-36.jpg

about double numberplates and previews:
【Don't worry about the double numberplates in showroom!!!】
I've given four versions kn5 In the folder called preview kn5 Including
2018 sprint(18_std.kn5) 、2018 endurance(18_end.kn5)、 2019 sprint(19_std.kn5) 、2019 endurance(19_end.kn5)
These files are 【only】for you to make previews

You can rename and replace the original kn5,after making previews.Don'tget to change to the original kn5
Or you can create new folder in content/cars,Whatever the name.Then put the kn5 you need to make a preview into the folder

ext_config.ini in skins can help you to show or hide numberplate(a or b) in game,Don't care about showroom
TIM截图20200116173334.jpg
TIM截图20200116173427.jpg

We have opened the discord server
https://discord.gg/ztX2AFK
welcome

Last edited:
I've also been able to purchase the RSS GT1 pack recently. Luckily these don't require balancing, though I find the Saleen to be a little faster than the others. Easily my favourite mod cars I've acquired so far.
This in combination with their N-GT cars and VRC's prototypes is simply epic.

.../...about double numberplates and previews:
【Don't worry about the double numberplates in showroom!!!】
.../...Don't care about showroom

I don't care too much about the showroom issue, but I DO CARE about the previews.
Like it is now, even more with additional skins that appear, this is a real mess and a first for me. Never seen this before.
And also - though the car looks nice - it is too fast.

I don't care too much about the showroom issue, but I DO CARE about the previews.
Like it is now, even more with additional skins that appear, this is a real mess and a first for me. Never seen this before.
And also - though the car looks nice - it is too fast.
I've given four versions kn5 In the folder called preview kn5
You can rename and replace the original kn5,after making previews.Don'tget to change to the original kn5
Or you can create new folder in content/cars,Whatever the name.Then put the kn5 you need to make a preview into the folder

OK, I'm a bit lost/confused here :rolleyes:

If I add these skins to the car (I followed the @ELEMENT1999 instructions to have only 1 numberplate showing in preview and showroom, which worked fine for all included skins) ---> I get two numberplates: a Blancpain #23 and a Weathertech #12 or 14 (no endulights because the change of kn5 as instructed/suggested).
In game: cars show both their respective #12 and #14 Blancpain numberplates, no endulights
Now:
If I add these skins to a newly installed Lexus (without changes to car/skin/extensions) ---> I get two Blancpain #23 numberplates for each skin in showroom/preview, both skins show endurance lights too.
Ingame: the #12 has one Weatertech #12 numberplate and the #14 has one Weathertech #14 numberplate, both have endulights.
This is the first time ever I stumble upon this kind of issue...

I've given four versions kn5 In the folder called preview kn5

Yes I know, I used that system to make the previews.
But look above to see what happens if another skin is added. Nobody seems to know how to deal with that system.

Yes I know, I used that system to make the previews.
But look above to see what happens if another skin is added. Nobody seems to know how to deal with that system.
This is a special function of CSP,More and more mods will use these functions in the future

I'd say it's a shame the guy behind CM and CSP appears to be catering to the encryption crowd. He's the one person that could put a stop to it overnight, simply make all future versions of CM and CSP crash when launching any encrypted content and it would kill this stupidity instantly.

@Clubber_Lang try these LOD's for Dan's Porsche:

https://mega.nz/#!MVoBCQJY!JgURv51APH8Ayky6ic-BSe_wAQH22eWgJg_OdVHjIEA

They aren't great quality, certainly not good enough to be released with a car but they may just improve you FPS a bit. Combine that with choosing "plain" skins and you may be able to run a larger grid. It's worth a shot anyway :cheers:

EDIT:

I completely forgot some instructions as @slider666 kindly reminded hah:

Don´t forget to unpack data.acd with CM first and overwrite the lod.ini with the one from @norms. And even better to rename data.acd after unpacking to data_orig.acd or move to a backup folder. Otherwise it don´t change anything. ;)
But I didn´t tested it yet. :lol:

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back