Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,951 comments
Also you need to be careful what is being clicked on as i have been messing with an Opel 1970 mod car to use in TCL70's class and when i raed the AI in that car had missing doors!
After much messing about (literally wasted an hour) it was the lods multi thing percentage, I had it too low so the doors went missing.

:lol: Oh boy, it's funny how you should say that. When I was making my first serious skin, I was confused as hell trying to figure out why the right side of the car was mirrored. I spent forever trying to figure it out, and it turns out it was the same LOD setting! I only realized it when watching a replay and the car came close to the camera, everything just flipped the right way - my "aha!" moment, as it were. Needless to say, that setting stays at 100% now :P

hi guys, i was going to drive the rallycross mini in tsukuba circuit and found that there is something appeared on the windshield. How could i fix it? Thanks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_rw_rallycross_mini_tsukuba_circuit_17-1-120-23-7-33.jpg
    Screenshot_rw_rallycross_mini_tsukuba_circuit_17-1-120-23-7-33.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 37
Wish mine just froze for 30 seconds but it completely freezes so I have to kill it in the task manager. As I say it only does it when I've opened a car in the custom showroom. Just wondering if there's a fix out there.

Its a strange one, it only be happening over the last few days

Not sure, do you mean before the race starts there is your images on screen whilst it loads?

Regards the winter white track, i like it, but for every person that comes asking why it's all gone white, the must be hundreds who don't ask and just assume SOL broke something and bin it.
That can't be good can it.
Yeah correct, I meaned the images whilst loading a track. :dopey:
I´ve prepared something for better visualization what I mean:
ks_nurburgring_winter_hint.jpg

:D:D:D

@Masscot have you contemplated a new video card?

I run a GTX 1070 and I swear I hit the lottery, because I run locked 59fps at 3840 × 2160 with Sol & CSP on decent settings...and I love the grassFX.
It adds a lot of track side immersion if done right. Same with 3D worn curbs and tire/groove marks on the asphalt.

Everyone has a different taste for settings. I like a kind of hazy environment with not an overbearing contrast. Crisp but not so sharp that it doesn't look real.

I was on the 'Sol' filter, but now I run on 'movie' because of how the sun looks in it. I tweak it from stock, but I like the tone of what it does as well as it has good FPS over others.

I've also noticed that depending on what CAR I'm in can also effect the look of the filters.

@Masscot have you contemplated a new video card?

I run a GTX 1070 and I swear I hit the lottery, because I run locked 59fps at 3840 × 2160 with Sol & CSP on decent settings...and I love the grassFX.
It adds a lot of track side immersion if done right. Same with 3D worn curbs and tire/groove marks on the asphalt.

Everyone has a different taste for settings. I like a kind of hazy environment with not an overbearing contrast. Crisp but not so sharp that it doesn't look real.

I was on the 'Sol' filter, but now I run on 'movie' because of how the sun looks in it. I tweak it from stock, but I like the tone of what it does as well as it has good FPS over others.

I've also noticed that depending on what CAR I'm in can also effect the look of the filters.
I will upgrade my hardware at some point but I think I'll wait a card generation or two so that VR HMDs have had more time to mature as well. It'll likely be a complete overhaul of my entire system, which ain't gonna be cheap. In the meantime I really am quite happy with my current setup, especially now that I can unlock a load of juice that was powering things I don't really need cough*SOL*cough.
Testing this afternoon proves that I can reactivate CSP and keep everything on as previously, except WeatherFX/Sol. I'm actually getting 3-4 more FPS than I was last night with CSP completely deactivated, so those CSP CPU/GPU optimisations do seem to be working their magic. It really does seem like Sol is what's been bogging my system down, and I'm totally serious when I say my game, on my system, in my HMD, with my settings, looks better to me without it (I thought it prudent to add those qualifiers in italics as it's purely subjective opinion). Other cars look more real somehow, eg the back of the Kunos MP4-12C GT3 is now nicely detailed, whereas before, when behind one, it's arse was hidden in murky shadow.
I'm happy. AC's had new life breathed into it. I didn't realise it but I've been subconsciously wondering before every 8-AI race whether I was going to get stutters, but now I can run 20 cars with impudence. Feels good, man.

Would anybody out there be able to help out removing bits of dirt from rain spray? It looks like they’re chucking up bits of mud but I’m pretty pretty sure the Red Bull Ring is tarmac :/

How do you change the colour of the sparks or make them a little brighter? They're a kind of dull orange right now.
Try here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and look for sparks.ini.

Probably able to change colour in there

EDIT: Actually that might not be the way to do it as I don't think that file is anything to do with CSP..Is there nothing on the shaders discord?

further digging revealed this
[SPARKS_DEV]
; hidden

SIZE_MULT=0.5
BLUR_MULT=0.8
; BRIGHTNESS_BASE=2
; BRIGHTNESS_EXTRA=3
BRIGHTNESS_BASE=6
BRIGHTNESS_EXTRA=6
FADING_BASE=0.2
FADING_LIFE_LEFT_K=2

in the particles_fx.ini located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config

Last edited:
@Hodgey Not sure how I broke my game, but apparently it just crashes with CSP disabled now (it worked fine a couple weeks ago!), so I can't even post comparison benchmarks :lol: But just take my word for it. At 1080p with my desired graphic settings, the Spa benchmark averages about 23-25fps, but 40-42fps when CSP is enabled. If I drop the resolution to 720p (I know, I know... it's a 2011 laptop though - I'm already pushing her hard), I can get 50-60fps on most Kunos tracks, and rarely under 40fps on heavier mod tracks like LA Canyons. I've seen upwards of 70fps on low detailed tracks converted from other games like GPL and rFactor. The lower resolution also helps my potato from getting CPU spikes from time to time. It's a compromise for sure, but I'm learning to live with it. But anyway, here are a few screenshots showing my CSP settings. Anything not shown is default, and you can see which modules are disabled on the left.
I get around the same performance, but with vanilla ac. I've tried csp with different combinations of the optimizations before, but they lowered my fps by 20, which is huge in my case. Unfortunately I haven't been able to launch from content manager for a week or so after I did a windows reset, so I can't try your settings just yet, but thanks. If you didn't know, you can delete various models around tracks for major performance increases.

I get around the same performance, but with vanilla ac. I've tried csp with different combinations of the optimizations before, but they lowered my fps by 20, which is huge in my case. Unfortunately I haven't been able to launch from content manager for a week or so after I did a windows reset, so I can't try your settings just yet, but thanks. If you didn't know, you can delete various models around tracks for major performance increases.

Yeah, one thing I noticed is to be careful which CSP features to enable/disable. Some things are more "expensive" to run. In the case of my GPU, I've learned that shadows and reflective lighting (like seeing your brake lights on the ground) take the most performance hit, not only in AC, but in general. So I've learned to disable them from the get-go in any game. In AC's case, that means disabling shadows (duh) and Lighting FX in CSP. But perhaps the biggest gain CSP was able to give me was in the CPU/GPU optimizations. It really is a genius patch. I never thought I'd see this game as playable as it is on this aging beast, yet here we are. And to think, I almost didn't even install CSP, thinking it would do more harm to my performance than good, but boy was I wrong. Sounds odd that you had the opposite experience. Did you try disabling everything else, and running just the optimizations? Also pay attention to what I've done under 'Graphic Adjustments' - forcing low-res drivers and LOD B helps a bunch too, as well as lowering the far plane distance - this causes somewhat annoying graphical glitches in the distance, but it's a small price to pay for the performance gains on larger tracks like LA Canyons. Might be a last resort to squeeze out a few more fps if needed. Good luck!

So, how could I disable CSP/SOL if I wanted to run vanilla AC? If I uncheck the "Active" box in the CSP settings, then the game wont load without disabling all apps (Helicorsa, Map display, etc.).

I'm hostage of SOL atm, and want to run Zolder with good fps and natural looking flags in the pits. :yuck:

So, how could I disable CSP/SOL if I wanted to run vanilla AC? If I uncheck the "Active" box in the CSP settings, then the game wont load without disabling all apps (Helicorsa, Map display, etc.).

I'm hostage of SOL atm, and want to run Zolder with good fps and natural looking flags in the pits. :yuck:
Yeah, I had to disable a load of apps too. But I just re-enabled them afterwards and everything seem fine.

Watch my message a little higher in this topic.
I now have two folders for AC in Steam\steamapps\common\...
and Documents\...
I 'm just renaming them to be able to stock two different Assetto Corsa. One is vanilla with all my settings, the other is new with SOL and CSP. And I don 't risk somehow mixing or confusing settings, something to ruin.

Guys which setting or ini file controls the rearview mirror which is inside the car? I figured out that at some cars the mirror´s FPS is like half of the FPS I have ingame which is very distractive in VR (looks like a slideshow). Best example is the Jag MK2 from the TC Legends pack. Could this be tweaked somehow?

:)
Guys which setting or ini file controls the rearview mirror which is inside the car? I figured out that at some cars the mirror´s FPS is like half of the FPS I have ingame which is very distractive in VR (looks like a slideshow). Best example is the Jag MK2 from the TC Legends pack. Could this be tweaked somehow?
The short answer is yes
How to do it is in mirror in csp settings, not at my rig now so I can’t explain further, but it is a definitive yes :)

I just started having a strange problem. When I try to exit the game, it just freezes. Sometimes takes up to 2 minutes for the game to close. Anyone ever have this problem before? If it matters, I did just go through and delete a bunch of cars and tracks that I wasn't using. I probably still have some lingering track configs and vao-patches, but I have a hard time believing they'd be the issue.

EDIT: False alarm. Seems to be an issue related to the Skoda update that I posted earlier. I'll let the creator know on RD.

Last edited:
Yeah, one thing I noticed is to be careful which CSP features to enable/disable. Some things are more "expensive" to run. In the case of my GPU, I've learned that shadows and reflective lighting (like seeing your brake lights on the ground) take the most performance hit, not only in AC, but in general. So I've learned to disable them from the get-go in any game. In AC's case, that means disabling shadows (duh) and Lighting FX in CSP. But perhaps the biggest gain CSP was able to give me was in the CPU/GPU optimizations. It really is a genius patch. I never thought I'd see this game as playable as it is on this aging beast, yet here we are. And to think, I almost didn't even install CSP, thinking it would do more harm to my performance than good, but boy was I wrong. Sounds odd that you had the opposite experience. Did you try disabling everything else, and running just the optimizations? Also pay attention to what I've done under 'Graphic Adjustments' - forcing low-res drivers and LOD B helps a bunch too, as well as lowering the far plane distance - this causes somewhat annoying graphical glitches in the distance, but it's a small price to pay for the performance gains on larger tracks like LA Canyons. Might be a last resort to squeeze out a few more fps if needed. Good luck!
I had every csp setting disabled besides the optimizations. I haven't tried changing the far plane distance because I don't think that was a feature when I was testing csp. Sounds like that would really help though. For some reason if I select a shadow resolution lower than 512x512 the sunlight disappears & everything is in fullbright-like darkness.

Try here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg and look for sparks.ini.

Probably able to change colour in there

EDIT: Actually that might not be the way to do it as I don't think that file is anything to do with CSP..Is there nothing on the shaders discord?

further digging revealed this
[SPARKS_DEV]
; hidden

SIZE_MULT=0.5
BLUR_MULT=0.8
; BRIGHTNESS_BASE=2
; BRIGHTNESS_EXTRA=3
BRIGHTNESS_BASE=6
BRIGHTNESS_EXTRA=6
FADING_BASE=0.2
FADING_LIFE_LEFT_K=2

in the particles_fx.ini located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config
Thanks - I tried changing some values but it didn't seem to make any difference to the brightness. I'd like to change the colour temperature more towards yellow if possible.

Thanks - I tried changing some values but it didn't seem to make any difference to the brightness. I'd like to change the colour temperature more towards yellow if possible.

Unfortunately I wasn't sure if that was the right thing...did you ignore my first suggestion and try the particles_fx.ini file in the CSP config?
I'll have a play once I've figured out how to isolate a spoiler I've been trying to paint for the last hour :)

Unfortunately I wasn't sure if that was the right thing...did you ignore my first suggestion and try the particles_fx.ini file in the CSP config?
I did try it, and the COLOUR BASE value would logically be it. I tried changing this to a pure white 255,255,255 for testing purposes but it made no difference at all. Bah!
I opened photoshop and copied the original values in and sure enough, it's that slightly dull orange colour, so the values seemed to be what dictates the colour... but no, no effect for some reason.

I did try it, and the COLOUR BASE value would logically be it. I tried changing this to a pure white 255,255,255 for testing purposes but it made no difference at all. Bah!
I opened photoshop and copied the original values in and sure enough, it's that slightly dull orange colour, so the values seemed to be what dictates the colour... but no, no effect for some reason.

That's odd..but as I'm discovering, things don't always do what you expect them to when you're messing with configs and values. Hopefully someone else can step up as I'm still painting this damn spoiler lol

Last edited:
Older shader versions allowed you to fully (almost) control what the sparks would look like, what speed they travel, their bounce etc in CM.
No Mas

Now theres only spawn rate and limit.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back