Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,802 comments
I just want to clarify that I wasn't criticising anyone earlier, I was just genuinely puzzled why the car folder was over 400MB when the the same car on Assettoland is 58MB, around 8-9 times smaller - and that one has three cars in it, not just one. I couldn't open the folder at the time as it failed at 100%. I wasn't even sure at that stage if you'd edited the car or were just sharing it. The flipped shifting animation and missing doors were weird though, seems like someone borked it before it was uploaded to Assettoland (or Assettoland did this themselves when re-upping it from RD). It was odd that the driver starts in the passenger seat - that coupled with the flipped shifting animation seemed to suggest it had been converted from RHD to LHD. Very puzzling!
:)

No worries, that's no problem, i stuck it on here to see if someone wanted to have ago.
Basically the opel kadett on RD and assettoland is based on a rally car and it felt that way to me, so i just wanted it to be able to run with the TCL70's cars.
I don't have VR or use the drivers hands or wheel showing so i don't notice the gear shift.

I had a look at the missing doors and it is because of the LODS and it is if you have the

"Force low res cockpits for other cars in first person view" clicked to 'ON'.

That will mean the original mod and my road race version will have AI with no doors!! go figure, your guess is as good as mine...:)

For a copy/paste physics job, the 2020 C8.R Corvette is ok at best. Beings its from Sim D who knows how its botched together.
URD's model I think has been done for some time.

Sim D did one thing pretty decent, the sound. Its ok if ya just want to drive it. But the Vette is a mid engine and the physics cant be close.

Found a link for the Chevrolet C8R GTE:

It may expire within 24 hours, be fast.

Ya posting paid mods here wont end well for you :D

Anyway a final update to the SLR Mclaren

A very big thanks to norms for the updated better looking kn5.
Redid the skins for it also if anyone from assettoland is watching this feel free to edit back the very nice looking chameleon skins for it.:D
Remember the second blacklist member? Toru Sato (BULL)? no? well....
__custom_showroom_1579556409.jpg

also the infamous Mission 34?
Screenshot_mercedes_mclaren_slr_ks_nordschleife_20-1-120-22-53-18.jpg

I disappeared down the rabbit hole and have been having some "fun" (ie, not fun) with this car for most of the day after the open invitation for people to try and improve it. I hope I've gone some way towards that, especially for cockpit users.
A lot more time could be spent tweaking this car but it's not the easiest model to work on.

I've edited the changelog thus:
1.2 Updates by Mascot 20.01.2020:
-UI information added, inc driver, team, car number
(based on the #11 KDR30 Super Silhouette entered by Hasemi Motorsport TOMICA at the 1982 Fuji Super Silhouette Series, driven by Masahiro Hasemi)
-manual shifting animation added (not perfect, but close. Preload adjusted for high-revving engine)
-many shader adjustments inside and out
(almost all ambient, diffuse and specular values were very odd, but direct sun should no longer causes horrendous nuclear glare on tweaked objects)
-exterior paint, decals, wheel caps all darkened slightly, diffuse values altered for a more natural look
-many cockpit materials desaturated for a more subtle, less 'cartoony' ambience
-MOMO driver suit, gloves and helmet added to replace default white Sparco ones
-centre console, steering wheel and dashboard rivets still need sorting out.
Note: be very careful before attempting to tweak this car as it will involve a lot of trial-and-error. Object grouping is almost non-existent and Kunos shader values are redundant.
I don't know where the original model came from but it contains a lot of hidden geometry that is just bloating the model unnecessarily and reducing performance.
Some objects (eg the rivets, and there are a LOT of them) are downright weird. You have been warned. :)

NOTE:
THIS WILL REPLACE YOUR EXISTING CAR SO RENAME THAT FOLDER FIRST IN CASE YOU WANT TO REVERT.

View attachment 883447 View attachment 883448 View attachment 883449

https://www.mediafire.com/file/s6kl0ilhp0x2bje/nissan_skyline_super_silhouette.7z/file

@TonySSS isn't this car the R30, rather than the R31? The Hasemi Motorsport TOMICA #11 from 1982/1983 season (which this car seems based on) was an R30, I think, not an R31. Might be wrong.
Ok first of all, thank you so much for having improved it even more, very apprecciated. Second, I know some rivets are hard to fix sadly, unless someone expert would fix them hopefully.

Lastly, after having looked at its GT2 entry on the Gran Turismo Wikia site, it really is an R30 indeed, I honestly thought it was an R31 too lol

A few days ago I also started to work on the Le Mans skins for the URD's Darche EVO 97 in 8k resolution.

The artwork is quite time consuming to detail right and match the colors with the original car, but I think it is worth the effort and it will be a good challenge for me as well to improve my painting skills. Quick WIP screenshot about the artwork located behind the rear wheel arch (colors are also WIP):

911gt1evoartworkwip.png

Last edited:
For a copy/paste physics job, the 2020 C8.R Corvette is ok at best. Beings its from Sim D who knows how its botched together.
URD's model I think has been done for some time.

Sim D did one thing pretty decent, the sound. Its ok if ya just want to drive it. But the Vette is a mid engine and the physics cant be close.

Ya posting paid mods here wont end well for you :D
Even the sound sounds familiar.

Hm.....urd's ford gtlm maybe? :D

Rate the Sims - Community Edition final results (average scores):

1. Assetto Corsa - 8.25
  2. Automobilista - 7.94
  3. RaceRoom Racing Experience - 7.87
  4. Wreckfest - 7.67
  5. rFactor 2 - 7.53
  6. Assetto Corsa Competizione - 7.08
  7. iRacing - 6.92
  8. DiRT Rally 2.0 - 6.77
  9. F1 2019 - 6.56
  10. WRC 8 - 6.52
  11. pCARS 2 - 6.47
  12. GT Sport - 6.08
  13. NASCAR Heat 4 - 4.78

Nice one, amazing how deep the rabbit hole goes once you start to go down it. Car looks much better from your pics and definitely less shiny in the cockpit.

As for it being an R30 I'm not sure Nissan did a Silhouette version of the r31...All I could find was this one and I don't think this is it

bosozoku-exhaust-of-the-week-nissan-skyline-r31-silhouette-pic1.jpg
:lol::lol::lol:

Lol no the sound might be the worst thing Sim D did with it. Straight copied from the Ford GT GTLM twin turbo v6 car, sounds nothing like the v8 in the vette :lol:

Yes its a copy but if you listen to the C8 testing in Daytona it's not all that far off. Have you heard the vette itself?
And no, the worst thing they did with it was copy a lump of kunos physics data over and plop it into the car. I doubt they even copied a mid engine kunos car's physics over.

They probably dumped in Maserati GranTurismo kunos physics and called it good :D

Rate the Sims - Community Edition final results (average scores):

1. Assetto Corsa - 8.25
  2. Automobilista - 7.94
  3. RaceRoom Racing Experience - 7.87
  4. Wreckfest - 7.67
  5. rFactor 2 - 7.53
  6. Assetto Corsa Competizione - 7.08
  7. iRacing - 6.92
  8. DiRT Rally 2.0 - 6.77
  9. F1 2019 - 6.56
  10. WRC 8 - 6.52
  11. pCARS 2 - 6.47
  12. GT Sport - 6.08
  13. NASCAR Heat 4 - 4.78

i wonder how Wreckfest or pCars became racing simulator

Long story short for my ID.R curse!;) Ilja saw the mesh is from kunos car 919 Hybrid 2016 he believes...so no mather that I have that car like DLC maybe the ID.R cant see that and mods based on Kunos cars prevent from loading if you dont have the car...so he sent me new mesh file and the ID.R runs just fine now!;)

Anyone else have any performance issues with Grass FX? I was holding onto 0.1.25-preview 205 for a while but just updated to the latest CSP so that I could update Sol. I generally have my settings at a level where I can run up to around 50 kunos cars on a well optimised track without any drops below my locked 60fps, but any implementation of Grass FX absolutely ruins my game performance. For example I can run a full grid of 24 cars at Imola in any weather/time of day and never see a single frame drop under 60fps, yet even alone on track with Grass FX set on the minimum level has me dropping as low as 52fps at times and with medium grass settings, it can't get above around 42fps.

Previously if I wanted to run alone on track in stock kunos content, I could turn literally every setting in CSP to max without problems, it seems strange that I can do that and yet the grass fx is totally unusable for me, yet apparently fine for others.

For reference, my specs are I7-5930k, 2 x GTX980ti SLI, 32GB DDR4.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back