Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 131,051 comments
Should be pretty optimized then. Aren't other cars around the 150K+ mark?

Yeah, most of the mods I have are around there and my computer hits a solid 30FPS most of the time even though its an absolute potato. This Pagani should be ripe for importing.

@GzeroD about the .FBX files, those are for Autodesk and I don't have access to that.

Either way I only have 19 days on the free version of 3DSimED so hopefully I can get as much done as possible before I have to pass the torch along to someone else, if they're willing of course.

Yeah, most of the mods I have are around there and my computer hits a solid 30FPS most of the time even though its an absolute potato. This Pagani should be ripe for importing.
Oh you don't have to tell me about potatoes :D I only have a 2011 laptop.

I have high hopes if you're able to get it working. Good luck!

Anyone got the settings for traffic to work properly? Everytime I set traffic to spawn continuously the cars just stop in the middle of the road.
I've had the same problem any time I've tried traffic mods, whether on LA Canyons or other maps (Fonteny, Highlands, etc). A solution would be nice.

@GzeroD about the .FBX files, those are for Autodesk and I don't have access to that.

Either way I only have 19 days on the free version of 3DSimED so hopefully I can get as much done as possible before I have to pass the torch along to someone else, if they're willing of course.

You've got AC, so you have KsEditor - it reads .FBX files.

@GzeroD about the .FBX files, those are for Autodesk and ....

The native format for AC, it then gets packaged as .kn5 to work ingame. kseditor converts it to .kn5 or 3DSimED can export directly to .kn5 but you often need to export to .FBX instead so you can check for problems such as what you ran into.
MAX and Blender can both Import/Export .FBX but you need to be careful which version you export out of 3DSimED, as Blender and kseditor prefer different versions.

Hi @letsdothis97 Thanks for bringing these mods to our attention.
I am particularly interested in the RX-7 but I didn't see it in Chivas' website and facebook page.
Can you show us where to get this? Or is it still WIP?
Thanks!

It's still a WIP but I'm sure it'll get posted here as soon as it's released :)

https://sharemods.com/okjsluvrmwn0/vw_idr_pikespeak.rar.html
preview.jpg
preview.jpg

I think someone already suggested to enable camtool only for replays, keep the app disabled while playing
Yeah, only use it for replays, don’t have it on during a race. I’ve read somewhere that CamTool “hacks” into the replay system, hence why when CamTool is activated you can’t use any other in game cameras. So this “hacking and overriding” trait is probably why it’s so resource dependant

Hello y'all.

I'm trying to fix the RPM gauge of Club SimRacing's Kart Cross.

At idle (950 rpm), it starts here, which is the wrong place :
Screenshot_csr_kart_cross_cnsac_luigi_circuit_23-1-120-13-39-41.jpg

At full RPM (~11.500 rpm), it ends up here, which is also the wrong place :
Screenshot_csr_kart_cross_cnsac_luigi_circuit_23-1-120-13-39-48.jpg

And it does so counter-clockwise, which is the wrong way.

Here are the data files :
rpm.jpg

I tried to change the values, but it doesn't change the behaviour of the RPM needle in any way.

Can someone help me ?

I agree with you... i have had the CM analyze tool for about 8 months so well aware of what people do.
Personally I doubt pretty much all of the maths anyway and simply play for feel, it it feels good on my wheel i am pretty much content with it.
Some apparent top class mods i have hated how they felt, then some mods which are parts bins of physics drive great.
If i were to bin the mods i have that use some kunos physics i'd have about 100 left from over 800... I mean it's tempting to do it sometimes, but some are very very usable and 'fun'.

I said before though your Aston Martin recently was the best feeling of any assetto cars i own so i look forward to anything you work on for sure.

Hi Safi, are you referring to the Aston Megolito posted a link to on page 732 - post #21934 as I missed that one, just downloading it now to give it a try.

My first experience with electric racers. The lack of a bellowing exhaust is disconcerting; only wind noise and some transmission white. And only one gear (I miss shifting gears because I love shifting gears). This VW is fast...but not as fast as Peugeot's Pikes Peak-climbing 208T16 (at least in some variations; thanks to megolito, there are several; I like the one with driver-controlled turbo boost).

The native format for AC, it then gets packaged as .kn5 to work ingame. kseditor converts it to .kn5 or 3DSimED can export directly to .kn5 but you often need to export to .FBX instead so you can check for problems such as what you ran into.
MAX and Blender can both Import/Export .FBX but you need to be careful which version you export out of 3DSimED, as Blender and kseditor prefer different versions.

I located KSeditor in my AC files and I keep trying to open the .exe file but every time I try the app crashes. I'm assuming I'm again not doing something right here?

I tried googling the problem, no results.

Last edited:
I located KSeditor in my AC files and I keep trying to open the .exe file but every time I try the app crashes. I'm assuming I'm again not doing something right here?
I tried googling the problem, no results.
Try KSEditor modded from x4fab:
https://ascobash.wordpress.com/2015/07/22/kseditor/

When i activate camtool, i noticed a drop in fps (-20%). This is due to what? (Sorry for my english)
From this discussion: https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/camtool-2.134902/page-6#post-3084148
you can grab this fix:
https://gist.github.com/Marocco2/15.../2f4ca367d44fbd59a666d63d100d1d431a65d506.zip

As I benchmarked before, it´s waaay less FPS consuming. But I didn´t tested functionality yet, just enabled it for benchmarks. ;)
If you need help where to put these files, just PM me.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back