Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 130,800 comments
And i"m always hurry to replay and i didn"t saw a message from Mascott again :lol:
I swear, he's faster than lightning... :D :lol:

I'm shocked I'm not seeing the RSS GT1 Pack or Formula 79 anywhere. I figured some rebellulos chap would have spread those cars around by now. :D "Oops! I accidentally downloaded the GT1 pack. Oops! I accidentally drove all three cars for the past 2 hours..." :lol:

I'm shocked I'm not seeing the RSS GT1 Pack or Formula 79 anywhere. I figured some rebellulos chap would have spread those cars around by now. :D "Oops! I accidentally downloaded the GT1 pack. Oops! I accidentally drove all three cars for the past 2 hours..." :lol:

You can, if you know where to download them.

I'd probsbly buy the RSS GT1 pack if I could test it first.

I assume you're probably following the development thread over on RD, but if not, here's some progress pics:

__custom_showroom_1517703498-jpg.233835

screenshot016-jpg.234982

Personally, given how good the sound is for the other cars, the promise of how good the Murcielago and the Saleen will sound is pretty damn exciting! A full mixed grid is going to be eargasms all round!

RSS also seem to be committed to their projects as well, keeping up with fixes and improvements to models etc. The modelling is easily Kunos quality, the sound is better than most of the Kunos content, the handling is properly challenging but very rewarding (it's probably more challenging for me as I don't typically drive downforce/slicks racecars)

For the quality of the content I'd happily buy each of the team a pint, and that comfortably covers the cost of the pack in my mind, as I'd do that without thinking if I met them in person.

Last edited:
Not worth the download without the URD cars, IMO. I don't rate RTM and Assetto Garage work highly, and their cars in this mega pack do not change my mind. So if you have all the liveries (most can be found on Race Department), this download is not worth it. And the future Parts 2-4 mega packs of this consolidation project likely will not have the remaining URD cars.
I have grab this pack few hours before they remove it. Not impressed with URD cars. OK maybe only Corvette C6. But i"m sure he would upload again without URD because this guy is dreaming to make some mega pack of the racing cars
Agree. I would not pay for URD mods. I was able to grab the initial upload with the URD cars, and I'm happy I did. As a free download, URD cars are good enough for me to keep. I can combine the SRT Viper, 2015 Porsche 911 RSR, and Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE with the free Corvette C6R (on Race Department) to create offline custom championship for GTE class.

URD may have been the one of the better modders 2-3 years ago, but in 2018 I would not pay for it. Race Sim Studios mods are the only ones that I would purchase. Although it is pricey compared to Kunos' DLC price. But apparently you don't have to pay for RSS mods... (or URD EGT mod)
... and now I'm downloading BMW Z4 GTE and Ferrari 458 GTE liveries from Race Department.

All the RSS links are dead though..?
Yes they dont work any more. I where grab F1 2017 somewhere but i forgot where and when. Maybe RSS is worth to buy. But I desperatly looking to grab From Sim dream studio the F1 1975 and 1988 season but i cant find any link that share it. I think is not a sin to grab such mods free.

Hmmm now i"m little bit jelaous :cool:

So on my day off work I saw this old episode of Top Gear:

I had nothing to do and couldn't resist the urge. I had to make and drive a van like that, and so I did! I looked through the vans in my garage and picked one out. I've only spent a few hours on it so far and the original physics/set up and tires seemed awful. Haven't done too much testing but it seems a lot better already, and the testing I've done was set to real world temps where I live (3°C), I always drive on "Green" circuit settings and unfortunately, was using a controller. But nevermind that, I already feel a new pet project coming on.

Last edited:
@ALB123: Didn't you mention a while back that you were involved in a new version of Algarve, or did I get that wrong? I assume that's a different one from the Reboot one? Any news?

I was to ask about that. I would love to have that updated version of Portimão.

Also, is there sombody here that has the non SIMTRXX version of the Transfargarasan?

Last edited:
I just learned something interesting ( to me ) this morning. This quote is from the mod creator.
lianju
“Q: So now gets updated in content manager? we dont need this file anymore? just use CM?
A: correct, if you already use CM my tool isn't needed anymore if you enable 'patch disable shadows' in video settings.”

@ALB123: Didn't you mention a while back that you were involved in a new version of Algarve, or did I get that wrong? I assume that's a different one from the Reboot one? Any news?
Yes. There should be an update to the Algarve International Circuit via Tiago Lima soon™. They feel very similar in a lot of parts, but elevation changes are quite different between the two tracks. Cambered turns are different as well. Right now, the Reboot version has much more eye candy. Lots of flags, stands full of race fans, signs, etc.

I was to ask about that. I would love to have that updated version of Portimão.

Also, is there sombody here that has the non SIMTRXX version of the Transfargarasan?
For right now, I would recommend that Reboot version mainly because it'll feel like a more completed race circuit. Although, I think I prefer the Tiago Lima track surface.

I didn't even know there was a version of Transfagarasan by someone else than SIM TRAXX. Anyone else know about this?

With the new additions to Content Manager, I am kind of tempted to try features like the Multiple Car thing. I almost feel like coming up with team cars to represent teams in Assetto Corsa. I have only mostly made single cars in my skinning. Some cars, like the Sodexo Porsche I shown in this thread or in the general thread, was part of a team I had planned initially. Speaking of Content Manager, I even tried using that option that shows the pit crew. I have not attempted trying to design my own driver skins, but I do have an idea of what skinning pit crew members could be like.

I am still working with Kunos cars mostly, but I am taking my time before trying any third-party cars or tracks. I still haven't even attempted to model my own track. I either want to try a simple race track or maybe try something like a rally style course. The rally inspiration comes from when I seen some videos of Assetto Corsa rallying. I know I will not be able to make off-road courses, but I do feel good about putting cars like the Audi S1 and the Toyota Celica ST185 4WD Turbo rally car in their proper environments. I did, once, race that very long Italian tarmac rally course in Assetto Corsa once. All 11-15 minutes of it. The only real problem is that I would have to design a course to suit many cars at once even though my PC can mostly do up to eight cars to a track with minimal or no CPU overuse. I am at least looking at my options.

To anyone that is curious...I spoke with Tiago Lima earlier. The AC Reboot version IS the track Tiago Lima was working on. Due to time constraints and not wanting to hold the project up for a long time, he asked the Reboot Project modder to take care of Algarve International Circuit. I guess that's why I thought the two tracks felt very similar. :lol: Anyone who's had the Tiago Lima version on their HDD's become February 2018 will probably notice some differences in road camber (at the hairpin especially) and elevation differences. The road feels flatter from Turn 10 to Turn 11 compared to the older generation Tiago Lima version. It surprised me a few times. I really like the eye candy in this Reboot Version.

This is what I get for not reading Private Messages...I would have been able to give you guys this answer a couple of days ago if I had read Tiago's message to me. :banghead:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back