Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 84,836 comments
Germany
Stuttgart
Here's a complete track repack of Zhejiang as there were at least four updates to be folded in and it was easy to miss some:
  • New EXT_CONFIG by CrisT86 featuring RainFX, LightFX, GrassFX,
  • New VAO Patches by CrisT86
  • DIGIFLAGS Fix (it can still have some small issue, but yeah, they works) by CrisT86
  • Updated UI by CrisT86
  • New TV cams for all layouts by CrisT86
  • Fixed pitlane by KevinK2
  • Billboard/flags skin & rocks fix + NM by Masscot
  • Anti-flicker/z-fighting fixes by 313
  • LODs corrected by Norms
(Not sure how long this link will be up, so you snooze, you lose. Please don't ask me for a re-up)

Make sure to activate both skins.
Very nice updates, but when I go through the pit lane and cross the s/f line the lap doesn't advance which in a race will be quite problematic. I think if that is fixed the track is ready to race

Italy
Italy
@TMLM please if you have time, try this fix, overwrite the original (make a backup first) and let me know if the problem is fixed on both layouts, main and reverse

Attachments

• fix.zip.txt
    13.8 KB · Views: 19
Finland
Finland

Austria 2021: BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich - Track Skin 2.2.1

By: Random Finn

This is a significant update I made to my recent track skin to adjust sponsors, trees, and the palette for the 2021 Von Österreich Austrian Grand Prix.

Some textures are borrowed from @Blackcelica and Johnr777 with permission.

SOME TEXTURES MAY APPEAR MIRRORED, REPEATED, AND CROPPED. THIS IS BECAUSE THE KUNOS VERSION IS NOT VERY FLEXIBLE WITH CUSTOM TEXTURES.

Skin_1_Update_4.jpg

Skin_2_Update_4.jpg

Skin_3_Update_4_After.jpg

Skin_4_Update_4.jpg

Skin_5_Update_4.jpg

Changelog:
  • Changed Crypto Sponsor to better fit billboards
  • Added new tree textures courtesy of Johnr777 on RD
  • Adjusted colour palette of trees
  • Made Asphalt a touch darker and smoother
  • Fixed seat colours
  • Updated Grandstand billboard to look more life-like than a flat image
  • Added missing ui_track_skin.json for easier CM compatibility (Thanks to webcrumb on RD)
Before and After Images:

DOWNLOAD LINK:

Last edited:
Iceland
Iceland
I can see your point, and i agree up to a point.
He makes 10k a month from just rain fx patreon for example. So if he walked away for several months to concentrate on AMS2 (which he really should be doing anyway) that could be 30-40k for doing nothing.

I get that he deserves reward, but he does owe us continued support and proper fixes for 10k a month ongoing.

He stops and walks away now he owes us nothing i agree. But he is taking money monthly which is little for individual's but adds up to a lot.

If by working for Reiza he has less time to do much or contracting out the workflow, I feel it's worth knowing.
2 months no new rain preview, EASY says he has 1.75 preview 33 which i am sure was leaked a while ago anyway.

People won't like this because these days everything is a cult, but its just an opinion no need for any abuse, and happy to be proved wrong if someone tells me he spends 6 hours a day fiddling with CSP after a 7 hour shift for Reiza.
That's one way to look at it.
Another way is that Ilja isn't contractually obligated to deliver anything to anyone. He hasn't demanded a fee of $10k a month to deliver updates, people choose to pay that to support what he's done/is doing on CM and CSP, and for early access to test builds (previews) of upcoming public releases. He has absolutely no control over what Patreon delivers every month, the market is setting that amount.
Some people might assume that they are paying him in return for deliverables, but that really isn't the case. If anyone isn't happy with the quality or frequency of the updates or feel like they're being conned, then they can vote with their wallets.... just like they are doing now to the tune of $10k+ per month. But for anyone to be unhappy because they suspect he isn't spending "6 hours a day fiddling with CSP after a 7 hour shift for Reiza"... that's crazy. I've no idea how anyone could think he owes them that.

Germany
Stuttgart
@TMLM please if you have time, try this fix, overwrite the original (make a backup first) and let me know if the problem is fixed on both layouts, main and reverse
Thanks for the fix, I tried both layouts, but it still doesn't work. Maybe that's because the pit lane it a bit lower than the s/f line (don't know whether that even makes a difference at all). Also I noticed that as soon as I enter pit lane my lap gets invalidated, don't remember whether that's normal or not

France
France
Hi guys!

Volvo S60R BTCC - v1.3

1625321693331.jpeg

Credits

Goran Martensson / Mahem3000 / ACTK / FaB

Thanks to all of the above for the car in its current state. I had already added wipers, LODs and AO etc to this mod. So with recent update but not including all I have also done I thought I'd share another update combined with easy release. This is new to 1.22 -

. added AO to skin
. new body map
. updated paint shaders to match Kunos standard
. replaced placement mirror texture with a proper mirror plus changed shader to reflect
. added AO to wheels
. new more optimized LODs
. white testing skin that you can change colour with in paint shop
. stitching transparent fixed

I plan to update this more but thought I would get this out at the weekend. Mirrors need better mapping and @Masscot wants gear shrinking? I'll also make a better template for skin maker as it would be very nice to have more skins for this mod. And a few other small things to tweak.

Please enjoy and have a nice weekend!
-FaB

Volvo S60R BTCC - v1.3

I have updated and added a few more things to the Volvo. Also is included a PSD template for making skins easier with AO layer inside.

. added LR cockpit
. optimised some objects and textures
. fixed wheel blur not transparent
. fixed stithcing on door
. fixed skin (black on roof, bottom text on one side)
. added red skin
. remapped mirrors
. adjusted some emissive like lights and dials
. shrunk gear knob slightly
. added VAO (internal and external)
. added dirt glass

Download - Volvo S60R BTCC

Last edited:
Italy
Italy
Australia
Australia
Oh man, people getting salty over Ilja not releasing stuff is honestly stupid IMO. You all should take a hard look into yourselves. A few points to clarify regarding his patreon and the people who get the new builds early-

1. He isn't obligated to release anything, he has done a lot to improve this simulator and we should be grateful for what we have. We have stuff that the employees at Kunos couldn't/want to implement.

2. He isn't forcing anyone to support him on Patreon, you don't have a gun on your head asking you to donate monthly. if you have this much of an issue just stop your subscription and use the free versions when they eventually roll out.

3. He isn't netting the entire amount that is shown on Patreon. Firstly Patreon also takes a considerable cut, then he also has to pay for the servers that are used in AC (acstuff.ru), and in addition to this JPG is also involved in the project and he is a master physics developer who is implementing much complex physics stuff in CSP. For those who don't know who JPG is, he was responsible for the IER P13C which is arguably the best physics implementation to date in AC.

4.Also the people who you call beta of beta testers are actually alpha testers, they make sure the game doesn't do irreversible damage to your PC, sometimes these builds can cause crashes that can cause permanent damage to your PC as well. If he was to release that you all would probably complain that he released a half-made mod and then talk about how he's making tonnes of money.

The main point is the 1st one, no one owes anyone anything. We are lucky that some people are really passionate about mods and are making mods and sharing them here. So before we make baseless claims we should look at what we have.
(I apologize if my tone is a bit harsh, honestly I'm not that great in English especially with conveying stuff online)

Italy
Italy
Thanks for the fix, I tried both layouts, but it still doesn't work. Maybe that's because the pit lane it a bit lower than the s/f line (don't know whether that even makes a difference at all). Also I noticed that as soon as I enter pit lane my lap gets invalidated, don't remember whether that's normal or not
Invalidated lap time in pitlane is fine, now i fixed the problem of the lapping.

Skyten - St Zhejiang - FULL TRACK fixed with lap timing

@Masscot

@All: Delete the older version and keep this one.

England
England
the preview 33 is 3 days old, you say a lot without knowing anything
OK fine, it was another that was leaked then, i see your flavour of the month all of sudden with someone now he found out you are testing for Ilja... few days ago he was slagging you off for just doing LODS and releasing under a donation platform....

Would be nice if we could all have the beta of the beta.
If the reason we can't all have these newer CSP's is because they need testing first, then it doesn't say much for the testing team if the actual releases are all bugged in someway or another.

MisterWaffles

Ferrari Shill
Premium
Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
Does anyone have a alternate download link for the Hyundai Genesis GT4?? The download link on AssetoLand is not working, it just leads to a deleted file message on MEGA.

Here's a link to the most recent version. I think the one on Assettoland is quite old at this point.

Version 1.2 saw the introduction of wipers, LODs, some texture/shader updates and in this link I've also included every skin I could find that was compatible with this 3D model for convenience.

Also it's been a long time but thanks again to @norms for the wipers and LOD work (before CM added the feature) and @Beezer215 for the click very noice handling.

Last edited:
United States
United States
Here's a link to the most recent version. I think the one on Assettoland is quite old at this point.

Version 1.2 saw the introduction of wipers, LODs, some texture/shader updates and in this link I've also included every skin I could find that was compatible with this 3D model for convenience.

Also it's been a long time but thanks again to @norms for the wipers and LOD work (before CM added the feature) and @Beezer215 for the click very noice handling.

Gee i wonder why that download on AssetoLand haven't been updated...

Iceland
Iceland
OK fine, it was another that was leaked then, i see your flavour of the month all of sudden with someone now he found out you are testing for Ilja... few days ago he was slagging you off for just doing LODS and releasing under a donation platform....
Is this aimed at me?

Finland
Finland

Austria 2021: BWT Grosser Preis Von Österreich - Track Skin 2.2.1

By: Random Finn

This is a significant update I made to my recent track skin to adjust sponsors, trees, and the palette for the 2021 Von Österreich Austrian Grand Prix.​
My apologies! A RaceDepartment user by the name of webcrumb informed me that I had forgotten to put in a ui_track_skin.json file in the skin.

Here it is, just paste it into the existing skin file.

JSON FILE HERE:

Last edited:
Greece
Greece
hey guys ,i have a question,i have a mod that the bottom of the tires are under the asphalt ,what is the value that i can get them in the correct height in the data .ini

France
France
@Gas12 I'm really sorry that you think Ilja isn't working hard enough to deliver CSP to your own personal standards or timescale but please don't throw salt in my direction just because I disagree with you. People are allowed to express contrasting opinions on a discussion board.
you often do it to other people

Brazil
Brazil
Hi guys!

Volvo S60R BTCC

View attachment 1064722

Credits

Thanks to all of the above for the car in its current state. I had already added wipers, LODs and AO etc to this mod. So with recent update but not including all I have also done I thought I'd share another update combined with easy release. This is new to 1.2 -

. added AO to skin
. new body map
. replaced placement mirror texture with a proper mirror plus changed shader to reflect
. added AO to wheels

I plan to update this more but thought I would get this out at the weekend. Mirrors need better mapping and @Masscot wants gear shrinking? I'll also make a better template for skin maker as it would be very nice to have more skins for this mod. And a few other small things to tweak.

-FaB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 24
England
England
@Gas12 I'm really sorry that you think Ilja isn't working hard enough to deliver CSP to your own personal standards or timescale but please don't throw salt in my direction just because I disagree with you. People are allowed to express contrasting opinions on a discussion board.
I am happy on the build i use, i wouldn't be bothered if he packed up shop and worked solely on AMS2.

I think you aim quite a bit at some modders though like EASY for example but get offended if someone does the same.
EASY for example owes nothing to anyone but gets a fair bit of flack.
Anyway not really bothered England play in a bit.

Iceland
Iceland
I am happy on the build i use, i wouldn't be bothered if he packed up shop and worked solely on AMS2.

I think you aim quite a bit at some modders though like EASY for example but get offended if someone does the same.
EASY knows why I (and others) sometimes criticise his practices and it's got nothing to do with your entitled demands of Ilja, but nice job on the attempted deflection. It almost worked.

France
France

not me, there is still so much to finish on CSP

Hong Kong
Hong Komh
Does anyone still have this mod? All the links are dead :x Thx guys
View media item 66781
Modiefied to version 0.2

-Rims changed to the correct OZ Racing
-Changed exhaust position
-Changed flames position
-Changed track width
-Changed suspension settings
-Changed engine sound
-Changed gearbox settings
-Changed engine power
-Changed turbocharging control
-Changed texturface of the front indicators
-Changed settings of AWD drives
-Changed tyres and their size
-Changed position of the tank
-Change gearshifts to the original from EVO 5 RS
-Changed steering settings
-Revised tyre shaders
-Added car description
-Added new tires Yokohama Slicks

If anyone is interested in a new version, the link below

ag_mitsubishi_lancer_evo5_Mines.rar - 52.2 MB

Maybe someone is willing to improve the interior ..... ??

France
France
Hi guys!

Volvo S60R BTCC - v1.22

View attachment 1064722

Credits

Thanks to all of the above for the car in its current state. I had already added wipers, LODs and AO etc to this mod. So with recent update but not including all I have also done I thought I'd share another update combined with easy release. This is new to 1.22 -

. added AO to skin
. new body map
. added AO to wheels

-FaB
Thanks to the private messages, I messed up the LODs I am really sorry. I have updated to 1.22 with correct LODs now also stitching transparent fixed. Link updated please re download.

-FaB

Last edited:
England
England
EASY knows why I (and others) sometimes criticise his practices and it's got nothing to do with your entitled demands of Ilja, but nice job on the attempted deflection. It almost worked.
You missed the bit where i said i wouldn't care if he solely went to work on AMS2.

Hardly entitled is it?
I am happy where my AC is at right now which is about 4 builds back from the latest one.
I pay £1 a month to keep access to patroen still, because, well its a quid.

Last edited: