Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Thom Lee
  • 109,759 comments
United States
United States
Hello
I am doing light extensions on GPK tracks and I would like to know if it is possible to turn on the lights when it rains
I do not find in the conditions a function which allows to know what weather conditions are in progress on the track
Thanks in advance to those who will answer me.:)
Zuno toto
It is possible, but requires a slightly different approach to setting up the lights so that they will work at night and in the rain during the day time.

First you have to set a custom condition somewhere in your config before you define your light series entries like this:

[CONDITION_...]
NAME = CONDITION1
INPUT = 'NIGHT_SMOOTH + RAIN'

Then when you setup your light series entries, your condition name must match your custom condition name.

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
DESCRIPTION = Hillside Object Lights
ACTIVE = 1
CONDITION = CONDITION1
MESHES = roof_004
OFFSET = 0,-1,0
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD = 24
COLOR = 225,175,150,0.05
COLOR_OFF = 0
SPOT = 180
RANGE = 50
FADE_AT = 1000
FADE_SMOOTH = 25
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.1
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0.15
DIRECTION = 0,-10,0

You can do this for any of the predefined CONDITION values, not just rain. For example, you could base it on Ambient value if you find the tracks lights don't turn on soon enough at dusk. It's a great feature and one no one seems to use it. I've been trying to convert some of my favorite tracks because like you, I like having the lights on in heavy rain. Lot of work though going through all the light code so i've only finished a small handful so far.

Last edited:
United States
United States
I didn't seen any other model of the swift 016A. I only saw in rF1.

But the Elan DP08 is similar, and that is in the Forza Motorsport 5:
And in the rF2:
Thanks for backing up everything else I thought i found. I'll do my planned work based on that.

For the Elan DP02, it seems that there was a few different versions. There was a couple different classes in the IMSA Lites series, and the chassis raced in both. The car that the guys I know have is actually a Star Mazda chassis with the Renesis 13B. The "normal" DP02 had versions of the Mazda MZR engine. I do have a Star Mazda rF1 mod, but just no 3d modeling experience to make it into a DP02.

Attachments

• 306785434_128261296627872_3541589820320110670_n.jpg
    306785434_128261296627872_3541589820320110670_n.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20220918_180115682.jpg
    PXL_20220918_180115682.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 4
RaceManiacGT1
They updated the packs now.

Basically one pack with most of their latest offering(Formula NA/Alpha/Prototype), one with all the Formula NA, and one with all their prototypes.

I have most of them at this point so really not that useful to me but for anyone else, pretty decent deal. The cars are great.

United States
United States
They updated the packs now.

Basically one pack with most of their latest offering(Formula NA/Alpha/Prototype), one with all the Formula NA, and one with all their prototypes.

I have most of them at this point so really not that useful to me but for anyone else, pretty decent deal. The cars are great.
How's the alpha compared to RSS's?

France
France
It is possible, but requires a slightly different approach to setting up the lights so that they will work at night and in the rain during the day time.

First you have to set a custom condition somewhere in your config before you define your light series entries like this:

[CONDITION_...]
NAME = CONDITION1
INPUT = 'NIGHT_SMOOTH + RAIN'

Then when you setup your light series entries, your condition name must match your custom condition name.

[LIGHT_SERIES_...]
DESCRIPTION = Hillside Object Lights
ACTIVE = 1
CONDITION = CONDITION1
MESHES = roof_004
OFFSET = 0,-1,0
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD = 24
COLOR = 225,175,150,0.05
COLOR_OFF = 0
SPOT = 180
RANGE = 50
FADE_AT = 1000
FADE_SMOOTH = 25
RANGE_GRADIENT_OFFSET = 0.1
SPOT_SHARPNESS = 0.15
DIRECTION = 0,-10,0

You can do this for any of the predefined CONDITION values, not just rain. For example, you could base it on Ambient value if you find the tracks lights don't turn on soon enough at dusk. It's a great feature and one no one seems to use it. I've been trying to convert some of my favorite tracks because like you, I like having the lights on in heavy rain. Lot of work though going through all the light code so i've only finished a small handful so far.
Thank you for your help
Your solution works very well
Zuno

Germany
Franconia
Thank you for your update of the Oreca 07 and the collection of sooooo many skins (159!!!).

As the ProTyres App didn't work for the car, I checked the tyres.ini and found a bug. It uses references to lut-files for the rear tyres (R_T_H.lut, R_T_M.lut, R_T_S.lut, R_W_H.lut, R_W_M.lut, R_W_S.lut), that do not exist in the data.acd. As the car uses the same tyres for front and rear, I just made a copy of the lut-files for the front tyres (F_T_H.lut, F_T_M.lut, F_T_S.lut, F_W_H.lut, F_W_M.lut, F_W_S.lut) and renamed it to R_T_H.lut and so on. Now the ProTyres App works fine and I can drive faster with the car.
Maybe you can fix this with your next update, as the bug reduces the performance of the car.

Ukraine
Ukraine
Unfortunately, you always need a mesh for the rear light and a mesh for the reflector for refraction, as in real life, with the MK1 there is unfortunately only the trunk lid and no reflector, too bad and the mehes are not separate, which many modders forget.
Sounds like we need a good samaritan to swap rear lights in from one of the other MkI Golfs..?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
RSS and VRC F1 2022 Custom Championships
RACE WEEKEND 23 Abu Dhabi

Edit: 24/11/2022 - Tracks updated with the Pyyer extensions and some extras

Well this is my final update for the season and beyond - It been a blast but its time to hand the baton over to Geraint Thomas https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/geraint-thomas.331516/

Thanks for your support over the years - Its now time for me to enjoy looking in from the outside and testing all the wonderful mods past, present and future.

Stay Safe & Happy Racing

Cozy61

23_abudhabi_gp22_WIP.zip
Has the New 2021 layout

No crowds yet as im struggling to get them to show on these meshes (any takers?)

Original Track - BZT and others https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/13889305/
Model by BAI Zhantang, road mesh is converted from rfactor 1, other model files are copied from acu_yasmarina.
Extensions - Pyyer/Cozy61
Crowd SFX - Cozy61

Crowd SFX works best in F3 camera replay mode

To turn off any of the crowd SFX and/or Live displays open the ext_config.ini file (in extension folder of track) using notepad or similar and change the ACTIVE = 1 to ACTIVE = 0

Tracks in GDrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing
Racedepartment: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/cozy61.1049383/
bgr023.jpg

Last edited:
Hungary
Hungary
RACE WEEKEND 23 Abu Dhabi
Edit: 24/11/2022 - Tracks updated with the Pyyer extensions and some extras

Well this is my final update for the season and beyond - It been a blast but its time to hand the batten over to Geraint Thomas https://www.racedepartment.com/search/23542434/

Thanks for your support over the years - Its now time for me to enjoy looking in from the outside and testing all the wonderful mods past, present and future.

Stay Safe & Happy Racing

Cozy61

23_abudhabi_gp22_WIP.zip
Has the New 2021 layout

No crowds yet as im struggling to get them to show on these meshes (any takers?)

Original Track - BZT and others https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/posts/13889305/
Model by BAI Zhantang, road mesh is converted from rfactor 1, other model files are copied from acu_yasmarina.
Extensions - Pyyer/Cozy61
Crowd SFX - Cozy61

Crowd SFX works best in F3 camera replay mode

To turn off any of the crowd SFX and/or Live displays open the ext_config.ini file (in extension folder of track) using notepad or similar and change the ACTIVE = 1 to ACTIVE = 0

Tracks in GDrive: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/15IHYdj24xd3fbgrvkVv5ZdTO2LrH-0VT?usp=sharing
Racedepartment: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/cozy61.1049383/
View attachment 1210546
Thank you very much for these collections, much appreciated!

France
France
RSS Classic Endurance pack 1 available

and for the Pack 2 what cars do we need ?
I don't know this category of cars very well, I hesitate to buy ....
What other cars would I need in addition to this pack 1 for a custom championship in the CM ?

custom_showroom_1669313547.jpg

Last edited:
France
France

What other cars would I need in addition to this pack 1 ?

View attachment 1210560
preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg

Cars are crazy and the sound of the 333sp is just amazing 😍😍😍

Germany
Germany
I think i overtook myself with this Livery. This will take some serious time to finish, but it looks so good IRL and i always get distracted by small stuff like the Fog Lights. I would love to add some more small Details like the Hella Logo inside the Headlights but didnt found a Solution to add it for now. Maybe i focus to much on the small Things haha.

Attachments

• AMR ArtCar.JPG
    AMR ArtCar.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 3
RaceManiacGT1
Back when the GT-One/R390 were racing there were no real unified sportscar championship like today. Other than Le Mans where everyone wants to be in it. GT-One and R390 never ran in the FIA GT for example(IIRC). GT-One also only ever ran outside of Le Mans in a Japanese Endurance race at Fuji in 1999(where it was beaten by a R391 LMP car). 333SP would probably only see the other 2 at Le Mans.

You could mix the V12LMR for a 1999 race and a Mercedes CLK-LM or CLR of 98/99 grid. I don't know how many of the GT2 cars would be available for the same grid though. Viper GTS-R for sure, some version of 993 GT2 race car also.

Last edited:
Canada
Sherbrooke, Québec,
MastrFocus
Hello, maybe someone can help me, I´m trying to add position rear lights using brake light (uses same object), but it doesn´t work in game. I´m on CSP v0.1.80 Preview 1

[EMISSIVE_BRAKE_0]
NAME=rear_brake_left, rear_brake_right
CHANNEL=0
COLOR=140,0,0
OFF_COLOR=40,0,0 --------------------->This should work, but don´t work in game
LAG=0.8
LOCATION=REAR
SIMULATE_HEATING=1
CAST_LIGHT=1

Position lights appear in game always on and I can´t turn it off or on with the proper button, brake lights works perfect.
Inside data folder "lights.ini" I don´t have nothing related to brake lights (rear_brake_left, rear_brake_right).
Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
Change OFF_COLOR=
with
FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR=

Australia
Australia
Hi. when i open the file and rename i just get a load of random stuff on the page. Any ideas please
Follow these instructions...

1. rename downloaded-file
to: vauxhall_cavalier_btcc_1990-95__cm-wipers.7z

* reason: unable to upload '7z' format-files onto GTP thread (hence renaming it to an uploadable text-file instead)

* if unable to rename file, then check/change file-explorer options

explorer_view_show-hide_settings.png

2. open compressed-file & drag content to car-mod directory

extracted-file-view.png

3. file-content should look like this:

extracted-txt-file.png

Happy racing... ;)

___________ . ___________

What other cars would I need in addition to this pack 1 for a custom championship in the CM ?

View attachment 1210560
FYI - it may have already been mentioned but if not - Miscellaneous Minutiae has a GT1 BOP'd Pack (late '90s). All car-mods shown in this image (not part of this pack) are also available...

GT1 Bop'd '90s Pack.png

Last edited:
RaceManiacGT1
Quick impression. I am a RSS fan, their cars have always been great, and these are no different. 3D model wise these are the nicest versions of these cars in AC at the moment IMO. looks great in VR, looks great in screenshots. Just waiting for nice skins now.
Physics wise, there is a bit of curiosity here since I think they are following the 1998 ruleset. The cars have ABS and TCS. In 1999 both are banned so I guess depends on what year's grid you want to make it'll make a difference. The GT-One model looks to be the 1999 model though, with the slightly different front/rear fender vent layout and I think also the taillight arrangement, also the 1999 car has front splitter which this model has, but 1998 car does not.

I am also not sure how that applies to the 333SP since that car runs as a WSC/LMP car which I think do not allow ABS or TCS, so also curious there. Other than that the car drives good, maybe a bit too grippy but I was using S tires(also just driving around Long Beach, probably kinda weird for Le Mans cars).
Comparing to the most similar cars to these, the VRC Prototypes from early 2000s, those cars are harder to drive as they tend to struggle for traction more(no TC/ABSin those cars by VRC, which I think isn't true for the cars in period as the LMP900 cars should have TC I think), but they are believably faster than these cars by a small margin around Long Beach.

Fun mod, it'll be interesting to see what follows these....maybe they should release some in period GT2 cars too....

AL9nZEX_Scd_mRt6kka4HxjGX5z2jC1zJhsNRyTHLt7ZDhcBjkArMv3jROFO71PzHIOky_v8Yr-TS8l8tijyCx51Isk4nKXnwa_bKN9hJmgl2ST2OlH1y72LZ-bLUcY5_el54GYF8z8_jyvcJ55TC-aZr5wqgg=w3399-h1911-no

AL9nZEWnvVknwGO9G9ihLE39gVJhPCm3Qw3Us0IDELh6U0p_NpgDoSRuMLPjUd6pzZpJ8ZRxWQVGIh33vfm7jYnTdEf9DCaEXe8ajYWaJiwf66aYBwD2spwcSApWysavnYWufpTmMKgFYbwyLAEdQsjrQemrTg=w3399-h1911-no

AL9nZEWZa3G6o7Fx-hKYVz_4-MNxRIsc6jNlidJj7fvGLu5ZnDxRzqbxUBjkFEbc7JuvlXvpGULVWvGUaoXyfiqOiF24GvtDdgXoHmkV191yJH-l7NiUQpujGCUXBJB-vYhcJvUdCkLpSBpwC2RKOH51Em7Kqg=w3399-h1911-no

Last edited:
Germany
Germany
Physics wise, there is a bit of curiosity here since I think they are following the 1998 ruleset. The cars have ABS and TCS. In 1999 both are banned so I guess depends on what year's grid you want to make it'll make a difference. The GT-One model looks to be the 1999 model though, with the slightly different front/rear fender vent layout and I think also the taillight arrangement, also the 1999 car has front splitter which this model has, but 1998 car does not.
I already messaged them about that, also the engine specs are those of the '98 version.
For the Nissan they also went with pretty low engine power, Nissan opted to go for the 1000kg weight and thus a bigger restrictor (compared to the Porsche, Toyota and Merc for example who were aall below 950kg) which gave them 620-640bhp (finding exact data for this is difficult) which is also why they were fastest on the straights in 1998.

We will see if they are willing to change any of that, I don't know why they went that way because the cars are not BoPed anyway, so they could have just gone with the real values.

Australia
Australia
Well those RSS car set are astounding. Much needed as I've not touched any tarmac in weeks now in AC and took out the Nissan first around Silverstone and it was awesome, just turning laps and laps. Absolutely brilliant.
Reminded me that AC was never a dirt game and twisting myself in knots trying to master the dirt oval 'feel', maybe i need to take a break and get back on tarmac for a bit.