Assetto Corsa Ready To Race DLC Test Drive Videos

I would like to say something regarding Assetto corsa, actually I play with PS4 and T300RS wheel. During the last weekend I was at my friend house, he plays with computers since many years, I had the chance to play assetto corsa on his pc, and.. surprise suprise, there is a very big difference with the two platform, on pc is a pleasure to play, on the PS4 is distressing. Why? I don't know, it'hard to say why, what I can tell you is.... try the pc if you have the chance, you will see...

Nice summary, really looking forward to getting these cars on console. Especially the Celica now that I have rally fever.

Were you using a wheel in these videos, or some type of controller?

what I can tell you is.... try the pc if you have the chance, you will see...
I'm better not gonna try it on the PC for the simple reason that it would perhaps ruining that little I have with the PS4 .
It's the same with gamepad and wheel feeling, ones you've tasted the handling of a steering wheel ( not that you will be faster ) you don't wanna go back to a gamepad .
And saying they wouldn't downgrade Assetto Corsa for the console :grumpy: ..... yeee right .

Last edited:
Ready to Race cannot come to console soon enough for me.
Assetto-Corsa-Ready-To-Race-McLaren-P1-GTR-800x450.jpg
Same here :(

I'm better not gonna try it on the PC for the simple reason that it would perhaps ruining that little I have with the PS4 .
It's the same with gamepad and wheel feeling, ones you've tasted the handing of a steering wheel in a race game ( not that you will be faster )
you don't wanna go back to a gamepad .
And saying they wouldn't downgrade Assetto Corsa for the console :grumpy: ..... yeee right .

You'd cry if you saw with your very eyes how lush the game is versus console. The shadows are deeper, more light and more bodywork reflections versus the console. That is why the console shadows look so flat. I think the console to some degree is using medium graphics to keep the framerate up.

It's the same with gamepad and wheel feeling, ones you've tasted the handing of a steering wheel in a race game ( not that you will be faster )
you don't wanna go back to a gamepad .
I find it hard to believe it has been down graded, especially when someone says they don't know why whilst others who have the PC and PS4 version say there's no difference, other than version.

I find it hard to believe it has been down graded, especially when someone says they don't know why whilst others who have the PC and PS4 version say there's no difference, other than version.

I have both PC and the PS4 versions (both with all the Kunos addons), new to the PC version and can't help notice the differences. The colours are much better on the PC version but I prefer the interface on the PS4 version, just my opinion - the menus on the PC look disorganized.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the PC version but was surprised to find you get better lap times by just adjusting tyre pressures - there is no option like that on the PS4 version. I'm sure the differences go much more than my simple example.

The core of it - the driving feels very similar on both versions but I think the Ps4 version is missing a lot of features that makes Assetto Corsa what it is. Just my 2 cents.

The Celica ST185 is one amazing car. But, in AC, I feel like you have to try it on Trento-Bondone to capture its full potential. It obliterated my hot lap record and that was without going off the track. Man does it have a beastly turbo sound.

I have both PC and the PS4 versions (both with all the Kunos addons), new to the PC version and can't help notice the differences. The colours are much better on the PC version but I prefer the interface on the PS4 version, just my opinion - the menus on the PC look disorganized.

I haven't spent a lot of time on the PC version but was surprised to find you get better lap times by just adjusting tyre pressures - there is no option like that on the PS4 version. I'm sure the differences go much more than my simple example.
In terms of being downgraded or different I'm talking strictly physics.

Huh? You must have an unfinished version or something, that option certainly is on PS4.

The core of it - the driving feels very similar on both versions but I think the Ps4 version is missing a lot of features that makes Assetto Corsa what it is. Just my 2 cents.

What you'll probably find why you're getting better laptimes on the PC while the physics are identical, the better frame rate. Vsync is being used on the console to stop the screen tearing that the game suffered from the beginning on PS4. The only problem is with vsync, it creates input lag. Since you can switch it on or off on the PC.

The menus definitely are better on the console but the graphics are so naturally deep and rich with max settings on the PC.

If only it truly captured it as there are so many subtle nice sharp details on all the lighting at max. The shadows/bodywork reflection look at best medium on the consoles.

I hate to be "that guy," and I am by no means the best sim racer. Still.. dude.. You get to showcase your driving in front of a lot of hardcore sim racers.

Run a couple more laps. Bang out a decent one, that was hard to watch. Love the writing, love that you showcase the new cars. But.. yikes.

The Celica ST185 is one amazing car. But, in AC, I feel like you have to try it on Trento-Bondone to capture its full potential. It obliterated my hot lap record and that was without going off the track. Man does it have a beastly turbo sound.

I didn't even know that track existed until I had a glance at the official track list on the AC website. I definitely would have, had I known.

I hate to be "that guy," and I am by no means the best sim racer. Still.. dude.. You get to showcase your driving in front of a lot of hardcore sim racers.

Run a couple more laps. Bang out a decent one, that was hard to watch. Love the writing, love that you showcase the new cars. But.. yikes.

And I'm going to be the guy that tells you the same thing I tell everyone else: these are demonstrations, not exhibitions. I'm not doing it for fame, nor am I doing it to be told how fantastic or horrible the laps are — I do it for the narrative.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Ah, I ask because I see a lot of excess steering angle in the low speed corners. Dial that angle back a little when those puppies start crying! :lol: I won't be "that guy" and call out your driving without at least a little constructive feedback!

I was expecting the MC12 video to look a lot more loose based on the write-up, but you looked pretty under control. Post a bloopers reel!

Ah, I ask because I see a lot of excess steering angle in the low speed corners. Dial that angle back a little when those puppies start crying! :lol: I won't be "that guy" and call out your driving without at least a little constructive feedback!

This is one of the biggest problems I have even while obsessing over perfect laps on my own time. I usually go for 1:1 (or as close to) because it looks far more convincing, but I suppose I can dial the virtual ratio down a little bit. I'm typically at 420°, so, I guess 270?

I was expecting the MC12 video to look a lot more loose based on the write-up, but you looked pretty under control. Post a bloopers reel!

...You may be onto something with the blooper reel suggestion. I won't be able to do anything about it for the final three as I've already recorded them, but for future entries I'm open to it. :D

And I'm going to be the guy that tells you the same thing I tell everyone else: these are demonstrations, not exhibitions. I'm not doing it for fame, nor am I doing it to be told how fantastic or horrible the laps are — I do it for the narrative.
Nothing more, nothing less.

The narrative is well done and appreciated. Thank you

Back