Aston Martin DBR9 Confirmed for GT Sport

EQ26k6gWAAAu_lr.jpg
EQ26k7GWsAANIGt.jpg

Exactly. Who knows how many cars we'd get, if there is an update this month or anytime soon?

I welcome this AM.

lol watch Polyphony shove this into Gr. 3 and further prove they know **** all about class balancing.
To be honest, today’s Gr. 3/GT3/GTE cars are quite similar in overall pace (relatively) to these GT1 machines from the earlier 2000s.

This car will likely have a bit more power and a bit less grip than its GT3 modern equivalent, but I honestly think it’ll be a good fit in Group 3 with BOP

Certainly better than:
-McLaren F1 GTR
-The older Super GT cars in Gr. 2
-Group C cars mixed with LMP1H
-Megane Cup car in Gr. 4.

I would rather the above list be fixed before worrying about this car; I don’t think it’ll be too out of place

Exactly. Who knows how many cars we'd get, if there is an update this month or anytime soon?

I welcome this AM.
Well the Mazda is supposed to be out before the FIA season so I assume it'll be in the next update unless we get two updates before mid-March. Lots of content coming?

I mean you can scale a lot of cars by messing with bhp and weight. Its a bit harder when old cars have worse aero and so are given more bhp which leads to them being faster on straights by some margin.

Without trying to sound like whining

This is awesome and will be well received I'm sure, personally however;

I feel it would have been well received that much more from GT4-GT6 (During an era where it presence was so needed, and maybe even more relevant:( ).

It's a classic to be sure, some DBR9 GT1's were even restricted to race in the then new GT3 classes too. So speculatively, I can see this becoming a GR.3 car when it arrives.:indiff:

I might consider buying it in game as a door prize of sorts, to drive it for noncompetitive reasons, experience it's interior and what differences there are in engine note from the Vantage V12 GT3 if there truly are any.(idk I feel as though the pitch is different IRL) Then again it could just be a copy and paste job in game.

Of course I'm glad it's coming but, other than being nothing short of a nice surprise, was never really anticipating that the DBR9 would take priority and make an appearance in game before the current V8 vantage GT3. 👍

I should know by now how PD rolls tbqh.

All in all, it's in the franchise now, and better for it. Lets hope it can continue to make appearances in future GT iterations and perhaps properly categorised or an interchange between 2000's ACO GT1 and GT3 specs can be made. :D

Excuse me whaaaaaaaaat? Can't complain about this addition. It will fit in Group 3 no problem, if you just add some ballast and reduce the power.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aston_Martin_DBRS9

An Aston Martin DBRS9 at the 2006 Speed World Challenge GT series

Category => FIA GT3
Constructor => Aston Martin Lagonda LTD

While the DBR9 was designed to be used by large teams participating in international motorsport, specifically in the FIA GT Championship and GT1 class at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, the DBRS9 was intended to be raced by teams in lower level GT racing, mainly the FIA GT3 class and some national and international GT series such as the British GT Championship.

Engine => Aston Martin 5,935 cc (5.9 L; 362.2 cu in), all aluminium, DOHC, 48 valve, 89 x 79.5 mm (bore x stroke), V12, naturally aspirated, 550 bhp (410 kW; 558 PS), 620 N⋅m (457 lb⋅ft), FMR

Transmission => Xtrac 6-speed sequential manual/manual

Weight => 1,230 kg (2,712 lb)

:)

edit: Aston Martin DBR9 <= GT1

Aston Martin DBRS9 <= GT3

Last edited:
Surely it’s gonna be Gr.2... I mean, it did compete in Super GT in 2009, so if the ‘08 machines are there then surely this will fit in...?

That would be cool, but then so did the mclaren F1 GTR and we all know what happend to that. Anyway GT500 cars were no where near as fast as they are now in both examples. Now virtually LMP2 cars with GT shells/over them. As much in common with their road production counterparts as a Toyota camry has with it's Nascar counterpart.

Well the Mazda is supposed to be out before the FIA season so I assume it'll be in the next update unless we get two updates before mid-March. Lots of content coming?
Other than the Super GT cars, I can't recall(still haven't looked it up) if we've gotten a group of Gr.3/GR.4 cars in one update.

Did the Group C cars come at once(C9, R92CP, XJR-9)?

Meh, it's not gonna be any worse than the F1 GTR in Gr.3. I predict it will be a slightly faster Vantage with slightly worse handling. Besides that, it's a significant racecar with an illustrious history so I'm glad to have it in the game even if it ends up in Gr.X.

More importantly I hope it sounds like this :drool:

EDIT: Just watched the stream and sound is disappointing :grumpy:

Last edited:
Stream I believe said it was 2010 car? Well... it's not!

Appears to be a 2008 spec works car.
2008AstonMartinDBR9.jpg

Cars built 2005-2007 (so including non works 009 cars) had different mirrors, and aero. Includes the Super GT entry.
f630be05.jpg

2010 FIA GT1 cars had the "clean" front but not the tall curved rear wing, but rather a lower, flatter version with a swan neck support structure.
Young_Driver_Aston_Martin_Silverstone.jpg

Latest Posts

Back