Aston Martin & Red Bull Racing to build Valkyrie hypercar, due in 2019

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 305 comments
It is a spectacular looking machine. The only downside in styling terms now is that the rear is nowhere near as pretty as the initial concept. I admit that on a car of it's type the aesthetics are a secondary concern compared to performance gains but the rear lights are disappointing.

Still love it overall.

I love it, but show it on a track damn it.
It is near the end of the simulation phase of development and is due to be tested late this year or early 2019. I feel the same as you though and cannot wait to see it in action.

This looks fantastic. I'd be feeling pretty smug right now if I'd opted for one of these over a Speedtail.
Or an AMG ONE. Perhaps those two and the Valkyrie could make up the second Holy Trinity of hybrids. Unless there's another hyper hybrid I'm forgetting about. Either way the Valkyrie is going to be wild. I'm just excited for the car's crazy engine.

They are indeed. I feel that we are seeing two very diverging directions though. Track focused hypers (Valkyrie, AMG One, Apollo IE, Brabham BT62, Nio EP9, Toyota GR, the upcoming McLaren BC 03) and the more traditional "top speed" hypers (Speedtail, Chiron, upcoming Agera replacement, Venom F5, SSC Tuatara, Rimac C2).

What a time to be a car fan. The internal combustion engine may be on its way out, but damn they are going all out with a bang 👍

If its 1000hp of V12 then holy crap. ICE's swansong confirmed.
I'd say this is a swansong of a naturally aspirated ICE. ICE will stay around for an undefined amount of time more, while EV tech is being polished (anybody willing to wait half an hour or more for their EVs for recharge? yeah, me neither), but more often than not in a forced induction form. Unless Lamborghini manages to do something spectacular before jumping naturally aspirated ship too.

I'd say this is a swansong of a naturally aspirated ICE. ICE will stay around for an undefined amount of time more, while EV tech is being polished (anybody willing to wait half an hour or more for their EVs for recharge? yeah, me neither), but more often than not in a forced induction form. Unless Lamborghini manages to do something spectacular before jumping naturally aspirated ship too.
Yeah definately. Although a year ago I thought Ferraris 812 NA was insane. This is almost 200hp more than that. This seems untouchable :scared::D

The specific output is quite extraordinary. A 6.5 liter n/a engine making 1000hp....blimey. 154hp/liter....remember when Ferrari's 458 125hp/liter seemed incredible? Or, for that matter, just 100hp/liter.

I have a sneaking suspicion, based on the 11,500rpm rev-limit, that this thing will have RX-8-like torque curve. Good thing there is an electric motor to bump up low-speed tractability. Man, if Mazda had put a mild-hybrid system on the RX-8 it would have been perfect....

Nothing says "I own a Saudi oil field" like 24 karat gold accents on your $3.2 million hypercar.

Nothing says "I own a Saudi oil field" like 24 karat gold accents on your $3.2 million hypercar.
I'm expecting the Crown Prince to drive his up to the White House any time now.

They really want to beat the Senna.

I'm expecting it to beat it comfortably. More power, less weight and even crazier aero by the looks of it.

People are hyping the AMG One as a potential rival as well. Personally, I think the Valkyrie will walk away from that as well. Similar power, less weight (the Merc is more luxury oriented), and also more aggressive aero.

About the only road car I could foresee beating it around a track is the Agera replacement's ultimate version, depending how crazy Koenigsegg wants to take the aero work. The 'Egg will certainly have more power but heavier, so it'll be a battle of straights vs corners.

Back