Aston Martin & Red Bull Racing to build Valkyrie hypercar, due in 2019

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 305 comments
So many F1 threads, I have no idea where to put this so I will put it here.

http://www.speedcafe.com/2016/03/17/aston-martin-inks-red-bull-f1-deal/
It's not a deal that makes a whole lot of sense to me. You'll never see an Aston Martin owner get out of his/her car and chug a Red Bull. The two brands just aren't very compatible with one another.

Besides, I'm pretty sure there were articles stating they were "poised to" sign a deal with Force India last year too. I'll believe it when I see it.

It's not a deal that makes a whole lot of sense to me. You'll never see an Aston Martin owner get out of his/her car and chug a Red Bull. The two brands just aren't very compatible with one another.

Besides, I'm pretty sure there were articles stating they were "poised to" sign a deal with Force India last year too. I'll believe it when I see it.

The articles were saying they were poised to sign with Force India, because they were actually poised to sign with them before it broke down at the end.

The articles were saying they were poised to sign with Force India, because they were actually poised to sign with them before it broke down at the end.
Which is exactly my point. Until pen is put to paper, this is all just speculation.

Say that this were true, what exactly would Aston Martin have to offer in this technical partnership? I hear that Tag Hauer apparently helps Red Bull with diagnostics for this season.

Say that this were true
It's definitely true - all parties have confirmed it.

what exactly would Aston Martin have to offer in this technical partnership?
I can only imagine that they would look to become a naming-rights sponsor or the like when Red Bull end their Renault partnership.

I hear that Tag Hauer apparently helps Red Bull with diagnostics for this season.
I doubt there's much that they can do which Red Bull don't already do themselves. It strikes me as one of those things that sounds impressive but isn't really anything but garnishing the relationship in the media.

Aston Martin does have a deal with Mercedes to build their road car engines. Could they manage to sneak a Merc PU into a Red Bull under the Aston Martin name? I know, they'll need the permission of Toto & friends, which they didn't get last time they came asking.

At the time, it was a separate project.
It wasn't really but hey ho

Aston Martin does have a deal with Mercedes to build their road car engines. Could they manage to sneak a Merc PU into a Red Bull under the Aston Martin name? I know, they'll need the permission of Toto & friends, which they didn't get last time they came asking.

They don't only the V8s the V12s including the new turbo V12 are astons own.

Motorsport.com seem to think it's a done deal:
http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/aston-martin-confirms-technology-partnership-with-red-bull-679986/

And before anyone says anything, I know it's only Motorsport.com but I thought I'd post it anyway...
The hypercar sounds interesting though.

Back on topic, I'm all excited now lol. Can't wait to see the cars hit the track!
Pretty sure all this AM / RB talk needs its own thread guys!

JAonF1 is reporting the same thing, so it's not just a rumor off motorsport.com.

Personally, I think it's an awesome project with some very ambitious goals. If they can be successful in being faster than an F1 car, it's a pretty good slap in the face to the rule makers in F1 - that they are no longer the fastest cars in the world, and get beat by a road car no less.

I'm guessing it'll have at least 2000hp, blown everything, with a triple defuser :P. Perhaps even be a fan car like the RBX concepts in Gran Turismo. I wish them all the best 👍

Some interesting news about a collaboration between Aston Martin and the Red Bull F1 team to build a new extreme hypercar, codenamed AM-RB 001 which will go on sale in 2018

project-nebula_sketch_01.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/aston-...-adrian-newey-exclusive-on-the-2m-f1-road-car
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/aston-martin-partners-red-bull-racing-newey-designs-hypercar

I'm skeptical on the claims Aston are making about how fast they say it's likely to be, but I'm intrigued to see what they come up with. Perhaps a road-legal extreme version of the DP-100 Vision GT car?

What do you guys think? Discuss.

I would have thought it would be a beefed up Vulcan with a hybrid system and a completely new body. But this seems to be a new from the ground up car.

I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes though!

It wasn't really but hey ho
Do you have any proof of that? How do you know that Aston Martin didn't simply hire Newey independently and their experiences working with him convinced them that partnering with the team would be a worthwhile investment?

Aston Martin does have a deal with Mercedes to build their road car engines. Could they manage to sneak a Merc PU into a Red Bull under the Aston Martin name?
Red Bull say no. For now, it's just about getting the Aston Martin name into the sport. You'll notice that the Aston Martin branding is nowhere near as extensive as the Infiniti logos were last year.

Although I wouldn't be surprised if this is the first step in Mateschitz's exit strategy, gradually selling the team piece by piece.

That's not the final design for the car.
I know.

It's just that the basic scratch doesn't even resembles a car imo. Usually, AM design scratch gave us a sneak peek that resembles how the car would look like. I think it was the design scratch of the DB10 that showed the basic look of what they're intended to do.

Some interesting news about a collaboration between Aston Martin and the Red Bull F1 team to build a new extreme hypercar, codenamed AM-RB 001 which will go on sale in 2018

project-nebula_sketch_01.jpg

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/aston-...-adrian-newey-exclusive-on-the-2m-f1-road-car
http://autoweek.com/article/formula-one/aston-martin-partners-red-bull-racing-newey-designs-hypercar

I'm skeptical on the claims Aston are making about how fast they say it's likely to be, but I'm intrigued to see what they come up with. Perhaps a road-legal extreme version of the DP-100 Vision GT car?

What do you guys think? Discuss.

Perhaps it'll be a hybrid of the DP-100 and the red bull X design? With adjustable suspension it could utilise ground effects on track giving it enormous grip and on the street rise up to clear potholes and speed bumps?
Only way I can see any road car getting anywhere near F1 levels of performance.

Part of me Is kinda hoping its something like this in a more extreme form:

upload_2016-3-20_13-46-26.png

Last edited:
Back