Aston Martin to Supply New F1 Safety and Medical Cars

Liking both manufacturer's selections for this year's safety duties.

Hopefully they will not see much action this year but I do much prefer the red Mercedes over it's silver counterparts, I think one possible thought might be the silver is less easy to see at night following the Grosjean crash last year so opting for red so it can be seen on night events better?

Why a red Mercedes-Benz? I like it but wondering why the change?
They have sponsorship logos for "Crowdstrike", which appears to be a company which uses red and white as branding. That'd be my best guess. That and they painted the Safety Car red for Mugello last year and it got a lot of love/memes for being the only chance of a Red Car leading the field that year.
https://www.crowdstrike.com/ https://www.crowdstrike.co.uk/

Safety car should not be allowed to be sponsored. How long before Crowdstrike put pressure on race control to bring it out as they haven't been seen on screen for a while?

An easier avenue for the FIA to exploit rather than out and out saying "we want to bunch the field up because the race is boring".

Guess we won't see the DBX drifting, like the Ewagon does, before the cars roll out. Was so cool at the Melbourne GPs.

They have sponsorship logos for "Crowdstrike", which appears to be a company which uses red and white as branding.
https://www.crowdstrike.com/ https://www.crowdstrike.co.uk/

Yup, they're also a popular US Mercedes GT3 team that race in SRO GT America. The CEO of Crowdstrike is actually one their drivers.

dxdt-pre-vir2.JPG

I've always thought that the Crowstrike sponsorship would be more fitting on a Mustang GT though :P

Yup, they're also a popular US Mercedes GT3 team that race in SRO GT America. The CEO of Crowdstrike is actually one their drivers.

dxdt-pre-vir2.JPG

I've always thought that the Crowstrike sponsorship would be more fitting on a Mustang GT though :P
Maybe on a Falcon.

No love for Ferrari?

The SF90 Stradale, GTC4Lusso, or the upcoming SUV project (Purosangue) would have been great safety cars.

Oh well, maybe next season.

Last edited:
How long until we see the Valkyrie and AMG One as Safety Cars? You won't hear drivers complaining they're too slow again :lol:

They have sponsorship logos for "Crowdstrike", which appears to be a company which uses red and white as branding.

That makes me uncomfortable. Slippery slope logic says that eventually they'll unload the BestSteel Stretcher and Patient Lift Assembly, or deploy the Wilson AlwaysCharged Handy Defbrillator, Its Got a Big Shock But It's Not The Price.

How long until we see the Valkyrie and AMG One as Safety Cars? You won't hear drivers complaining they're too slow again :lol:

You won't. There are reasons they don't already use supercars/hypercars. On top of the general lack of practicality, reliability, need to use all weather tyres the main reason is because of the equipment they need to be fitted with. This was a showing inside the back of the Aston:

hiibhw2yksm61.png

Not really gonna be able to stuff all that in the tiny things that pass for boot space in supercars.

Another reason is good old marketing. Mercedes and now Aston choose those cars because it's good marketing for people to buy them. You don't need to market hypercars and even if you did, you're only selling a tiny fraction of them.

Last edited:
You won't. There are reasons they don't already use supercars/hypercars. On top of the general lack of practicality, reliability, need to use all weather tyres the main reason is because of the equipment they need to be fitted with. This was a showing inside the back of the Aston:

Not really gonna be able to stuff all that in the tiny things that pass for boot space in supercars.

Another reason is good old marketing. Mercedes and now Aston choose those cars because it's good marketing for people to buy them. You don't need to market hypercars and even if you did, you're only selling a tiny fraction of them.

Yeah fair enough. Though they did use impractical cars like the Countach and Diablo at one point, though only for a few races and I imagine they were carrying a lot less kit back then!
LamboSafetycar.jpg

EZ1FUqVKRXqeZYaDX2MGiw

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back