Aston Martin vs Jaguar. 300km Brands Hatch. WINNER - ASTON MARTIN.

• Thread starter El_Beardo
  • 179 comments
Livery and suit finalised:

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201002201837.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201002201916.png

Gran Turismo™SPORT_20201002201944.png

31 laps is the maximum I can last on a full tank, so will be aiming for a two-stop strategy once again (how many laps per stint I'm not entirely sure yet).

Just opened up a practice lobby to get into the groove for tonight. Will run it for approx. 1 h. It's friends only.

Edit: Lobby closed again. The Gr.4 Jaguar is nice to drive, but tire wear definetly has to be handled in the later parts of a stint. Timeswise, the occassional 1:29 and a lot of 1:30s seems about right for me atm, hope to get some more consistency in. I think for the fastest drivers in our group 1:28s will definelty be achieved at least.

Last edited:
Advice for those driving the Gr4 cars is to stick to your line while being lapped as this makes it easier for everyone to avoid unnecessary contact and makes it more predictable for us while lapping you as there are effectively two races going on at once.

lol been there done that. Whether it's multi class or single class, I usually end up as a back marker. If ghosting is on, people tend to just drive through the ghost (Mad Max is famous for it :lol:). If ghosting is off then if I don't stick to my line, I end up in the sand :crazy:. Trying to be a gentleman and moving aside just isn't worth it. Sure, if faster drivers get held up by me, the people behind them can catch up, but that's racing :P. If they are already beside me approaching a corner I may brake a bit earlier to let them through and tuck in behind them, but that only works if there enough gap between them and the car behind them, otherwise the car behind them usually forces their way through and I end pounding sand or doing a rally cross impression :crazy:. .

lol been there done that. Whether it's multi class or single class, I usually end up as a back marker. If ghosting is on, people tend to just drive through the ghost (Mad Max is famous for it :lol:). If ghosting is off then if I don't stick to my line, I end up in the sand :crazy:. Trying to be a gentleman and moving aside just isn't worth it. Sure, if faster drivers get held up by me, the people behind them can catch up, but that's racing :P. If they are already beside me approaching a corner I may brake a bit earlier to let them through and tuck in behind them, but that only works if there enough gap between them and the car behind them, otherwise the car behind them usually forces their way through and I end pounding sand or doing a rally cross impression :crazy:. .

Being a gentleman and moving over can cause more issues for faster classes than it solves.

Soooo, in other words, I wanna make my car as wide as possible at all times then? :D

Only for the Aston Martins :D

I guess I should probably do some practice for this race, I’ve only done a handful of laps so far. :lol: Anyone gonna be on for some laps today? :)

Back