At-a-glance AI pit strategies for the 16 Endurance races.

smaug terrible
Can anyone give me a general idea of what are the fastest lap times for other cars, (Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP in particular) ?

I will attempt the Le sarthe I race for the first time tomorrow using a Pescarolo 04. I wanna know what my average lap time should be to win comfortably ? The thread already answered all of my pit stop questions. Thanks 👍

Not sure what the AI is doing laptime-wise. I'm currently running Sarthe I in the R89C and I'm lapping in 3'21 - 3'25 range most of the time. I'm 6hrs in and leading by 2'00 from 787B, although I've only been ahead of him for the past 3 hours. There's another R89C in the race who laps quicker than the 787B, but is pitting a lap earlier than everyone else. I'd reckon an average of 3'25 - 3'30 with an 8 lap pit schedule should do OK here, but don't quote me on that!
What are you thinking of racing in?
Let me know the pit schedules of the Sauber and R92CP if they're in your race. :cheers:

Smallhorses
Thanks again Do you race? Post #1 is updated.
A bit of detective work is required for an exact figure though. When Famine reported this race, he wasn't sure of the pit schedule, but finished 19 laps ahead of the hapless Camaro.
How far ahead of the Camaro did you finish? If it was 10 laps behind & pitted 6 times, that's a pit interval of 15 laps. If we take Famine's figure of 19 laps down, he would have pitted 6 times in 81 laps, for an interval of 13 or 14 laps.
Let me know your result & we'll figure out an exact value.
Keep the info coming!
I'm not too sure, I was running the Peugeot 905 and if you've driven it, you'll know it's a handful. Plus, I had the Sauber Mercedes drafting me for about 20 laps, just sitting there, waiting for the final few laps to overtake me.

So yes, I was a little pre-occupied.

smaug terrible
Can anyone give me a general idea of what are the fastest lap times for other cars, (Sauber C9, Nissan R92CP in particular) ?
Thanks 👍
Hiya smaug terrible: I ran some tests yesterday using the MERCEDES-BENZ AMG CLK-GTR Race Car '98. My main "Antagonist" was the NISSAN R92CP & while I only ran the test out to around 60 Laps his best time was 3'27 with most Laps in the 3'28-3'29 range. Hope this helps...let us know how you do! 👍 ...O.G. :D

Smallhorses
Thanks FLK! I already put your Nissan's pit schedule in post#1.
Any idea what the other cars in the field were that pitted later? I'd like to add them to the list. :cheers:

I think the others pitted every 14-16 laps, I'd have to run the race again though to be certain about that. I'm doing the Pro GTWC at the moment so you'll have to wait til the weekend at least :)

Thanks Smallhorses and Old Geezer. That was very helpful. :)

I tried the race but quit very early as I made a lot of mistakes. But I try again soon enough and tell you about C9 and RCP92 pit stratergies.

smaug terrible
I tried the race but quit very early as I made a lot of mistakes. But I try again soon enough and tell you about C9 and RCP92 pit stratergies.
Hi again smaug terrible: I ran another test this AM & found a combo where the Sauber, R89 & R92 ALL Pit on Lap #7! :eek: The two "Backmarkers" were the Corvette & the Panoz, sorry I didn't note their pit schedule. :indiff: ...O.G. :D

BTW: Which "Ride" are YOU using???

Hi Old Geezer

I am using Pescarolo Playstation C60-Judd, 04. Stock version with no added tuning. It's so easy to handle.

edit - oops, i meant with no added tuning

KOOL! 👍 As long as you leave it TOTALLY STOCK you won't Kill them too badly. You might want to check THIS THREAD towards the end. There's a discussion & some research going on in search of a little more challenging race...O.G. :D

In the Nurb 4 hour (which is the best of the enduro's, period), the Pontiac GTO 5.7 pits every 6 laps, the Focus RS pits every 3 laps and the Holden Commodore SS pits every 5 laps.
In the Nurb 24 HR., the Chapparal 2D pits every 6 laps, the BMW GTR Race car pits every 6 laps (but I have seen him come in on his 5th lap occasionally) and the Falken Skyline GT-R Race Car comes in every 5 laps.

Toronado
In the Nurb 4 hour (which is the best of the enduro's, period), the Pontiac GTO 5.7 pits every 6 laps, the Focus RS pits every 3 laps and the Holden Commodore SS pits every 5 laps.
In the Nurb 24 HR., the Chapparal 2D pits every 6 laps, the BMW GTR Race car pits every 6 laps (but I have seen him come in on his 5th lap occasionally) and the Falken Skyline GT-R Race Car comes in every 5 laps.

Cheers Toronado Post #1 is updated with a new early pitter for Nurb 4hr.
Wondered why the Focus took off like a whippet with a bum full of dynamite when I came across him in a lineup, didn't realise that he'd pit every 3 laps, that makes him easily beatable! I didn't make it to 3 laps in that attempt to find out though! :guilty:

Smallhorses
Cheers Toronado Post #1 is updated with a new early pitter for Nurb 4hr.
Wondered why the Focus took off like a whippet with a bum full of dynamite when I came across him in a lineup, didn't realise that he'd pit every 3 laps, that makes him easily beatable! I didn't make it to 3 laps in that attempt to find out though! :guilty:
The funny thing is he usually has a fastest lap and many sections for the whole race (even against an NSX or a Elise) based on his 1st lap but finishes towards the back of the pack.

Toronado
The funny thing is he usually has a fastest lap and many sections for the whole race (even against an NSX or a Elise) based on his 1st lap but finishes towards the back of the pack.

I was auditioning lineups for a close race with my S2000 here, I backed out when he took off like that, now thanks to you I know I could have beaten him! Oh well, when I go back for those 25pts I left behind, I'll keep it in mind.
Sounds like the Focus is very much like the Clio Sport V6 in the lineup I did race against. He was able to pull out a 22s lead by the end of lap 3, but then he'd spin, without fail, every 4th lap at Brunnchen when his tyres had gone off! If he'd stuck to a 3 lap strategy he had the pace to win the race since the Nurb' has short pitstops! Thankfully he didn't! :sly:

Thanks to survey91 for PM'ing me with the missing numbers for Motegi, Tsukuba and Fuji! Post #1 updated.

Motegi - Spoon Integra (L23), Spoon S2000 (L23), Opera 350 (L21), Nismo Fairlady Z (L23), NSX-R Concept (L18-19)

Tsukuba - NSX-R (L28), 330i (L28), RX-8 (L33), Skyline GTR (L25), Legacy GT (L22)

*edit* Some more for the Tsukuba list :-
Audi A3 3.2 Quattro '03 (L22),
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII RS '03 (L22-23),
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi '02 (L22),
Alfa Romeo 147 GTA '02 (L15),
Toyota Supra RZ '97 (L30),
BMW 330i '05 (L26-28),
Subaru Legacy B4 2.0GT '03 (L19-22),
Renault Clio Sport V6 Phase 2 '03 (L24),
Nissan 350Z (Z33) '03 (L30),
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A '02 (L35),
Alfa Romeo GT 3.2 V6 24V '04 (L17),
Mazda RX-8 Type S '03 (L30-33),
Nissan Skyline GT-R Vspec II (R34) '00 (L25),
Lotus Elise 111R '04 (L33),
Honda NSX Type R '02 (L28-33)
That's all 15 of the possible AI entrants for this race. :D

Fuji - BMW V12 (L12), Jag XJR-9 (L16), Playstation Pescarolo (L23), Bentley Speed8 (L21), Viper TeamO (L23)

Motegi 8hr pit strategies:

Lap 11 :ouch: : Spoon Integra Type-R (DC2) '95 (17 pits total 👎 )
Lap 31/32 :drool: : Amuse S2000 R1

blue_sharky39
Motegi 8hr pit strategies:

Lap 11 :ouch: : Spoon Integra Type-R (DC2) '95 (17 pits total 👎 )
Lap 31/32 :drool: : Amuse S2000 R1

Wow, quite some difference between your AI and survey91's Integra strategy. Just confirm these are indeed the 1st and last AI cars to pit & I'll update post #1 with your entries. What did you use for this race by the way?

Smallhorses
Wow, quite some difference between your AI and survey91's Integra strategy. Just confirm these are indeed the 1st and last AI cars to pit & I'll update post #1 with your entries. What did you use for this race by the way?

Yep, first and last to pit.

I used a M3 GTR Race Car (B-Spec).

My friend... it seems that you've forgotten the most important Endurance Race of them all! The Formula GT! Well... let's see if I can help you out with that one.

AI typical laps/pit every X laps/Total pits:
(Sorry, didn't start paying attention to a lot of it until Cote)

1. Tokyo R246: ??? Wasn't paying attention
2. Twin Ring Motegi SS: 13L / 9 pits
3. New York: 11-12L / 6 pits
4. High Speed Ring: ???
5. Grand Valley: 8L / 8 pits (? something's not right here)
6. Circuit de la Sarthe I: ?? (~3:15?) / 4L / 5 pits
7. Cote d'Azur: 1'22.5s / 9L / 8 pits
8. Seoul: 47.5s / 20L / 5 pits
9. Infineon Raceway: 1'16.5s / 11L / 7 pits
10. Laguna Seca: 1'14.5s (all over the place) / 11L / 7 pits
11. Twin Ring Motegi: 1'33.5s / 9L / 7 pits
12. Nurburgring: 5'50->6'15 w/pit / 2L / 7 pits
13 El Capitan: 1'24-1'25/forgot to write down
14. Fuji Speedway 2005: 1'25s / 9-10L / 6 pits
15. Suzuka: 1'41s / 6L / 6 pits

And a little bonus... Tokyo Endurance.
Astra pits every 30L.

Need to double check a couple of this but IIRC:
Takata - 26L
Mobil 1 - 26L
Cerumo Supra 25L
Penzoi Zexel - 28L

Thanks blue_sharky39 & jdw, the appropriate modifications have been made to post #1.
Thanks also for the Formula GT suggestions, but I'm thinking of maybe starting a new thread for the long race series, such as Formula GT and 1000 miles!
Anymore suggestions for those would be appreciated, post them here and I correlate all the info later on.

Edited post #1 to remove an entry I've been sceptical about for a while now.
Didn't see how the Jaguar XJ-R9 could last 16 laps of Sarthe II without pitting, as MADTJ suggested, since all the other Le Mans cars pit between 7 & 9 laps.
Now doing the race with the Jag in the field and he's pitting every 8 laps like everyone else. I think MADTJ must have missed his 1st stop on 8 laps if he went in close behind someone else, and then thought his 2nd stop on lap 16 was its first. If you see what I mean! :confused: Have updated the list to include the Ford GT40 which he also mentioned pitting after 14 laps, which I can't vouch for since its not in my field. Latest pitter in my race is the Mazda 787B which lasts 9 laps between stops. Everyone else is going 8 laps between stops (Jaguar XJ-R9, Sauber C 9, Toyota 88C-V, & Nissan R89C)

Smallhorses
Didn't see how the Jaguar XJ-R9 could last 16 laps of Sarthe II without pitting, as MADTJ suggested, since all the other Le Mans cars pit between 7 & 9 laps.
Now doing the race with the Jag in the field and he's pitting every 8 laps like everyone else. I think MADTJ must have missed his 1st stop on 8 laps if he went in close behind someone else, and then thought his 2nd stop on lap 16 was its first. If you see what I mean! :confused: Have updated the list to include the Ford GT40 which he also mentioned pitting after 14 laps, which I can't vouch for since its not in my field. Latest pitter in my race is the Mazda 787B which lasts 9 laps between stops. Everyone else is going 8 laps between stops (Jaguar XJ-R9, Sauber C 9, Toyota 88C-V, & Nissan R89C)

How many hours are you on? because at start it pitting 8 laps, but after around i think 15 hours or so, it will start go pit twice as longer than before (16 laps)....

and yeah, smallhorse... i have bad news :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

my PS2 WON'T LOAD GT4 ANYMORE!!!!!! :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :cries::cries:

Hi MADTJ, I've just finished hour 7, and he's still pitting at 8 lap intervals.
I'll look out for his schedule changing later in the race though, thanks for the tip! 👍 ;)
Will put him back in the list if it turns out right though, rest assured.

Sorry to hear about your PS2. Is it just GT4 that won't load? Maybe it's the disk, try taking it to a DVD rental store, most of them have a surface repair service they offer nowadays.

Smallhorses

I can vouch for the GT40 pitting every 14 laps (as indicated in my post on the first page). I don't know about the xjr-9 pitting every 14 laps but the 787 skips one pit stop at the end of the race.

Yeah, I think I had your GT40 first before MADTJ's info. Curious they can skip stops at the end of the race, where do they suddenly get and extra fuel tank from?!!!!
My experience with Sarthe I & II so far in LMR or LMP cars, is that 8 laps is enough to drain almost all but fumes out of the tank! How do they manage 14 - 16 laps on no fuel for half of that distance! The GT40 I can understand, since its a lot less powerful and considerably slower than the other cars we've mentioned.
Oh well, I'll look out for the Jag pitting later as MADTJ suggests in my race. Coming up on 8hrs, and dreading what you mentioned in another thread about the R8 when chassis wear kicks in!

Smallhorses
Hi MADTJ, I've just finished hour 7, and he's still pitting at 8 lap intervals.
I'll look out for his schedule changing later in the race though, thanks for the tip! 👍 ;)
Will put him back in the list if it turns out right though, rest assured.

Sorry to hear about your PS2. Is it just GT4 that won't load? Maybe it's the disk, try taking it to a DVD rental store, most of them have a surface repair service they offer nowadays.

mine's very clean and not very damage.. when i try test it in my friend's ps2, it load just fine, but when i put it in, it keep display disc read error... i've this PS2 snice it came out, and no, i'm not buying new ps2, because ps3 is coming out soon!

Maybe the laser lens is dirty. Does it play other disks or DVDs?
Try one of those lens cleaning CDs with the little brushes attached.
That's what I do to mine to keep it running well.
Now up to hour 11 of Sarthe II ;)

Smallhorses
Maybe the laser lens is dirty. Does it play other disks or DVDs?
Try one of those lens cleaning CDs with the little brushes attached.
That's what I do to mine to keep it running well.
Now up to hour 11 of Sarthe II ;)

my laser lens is clean too, i clean it and put it in and still not working, it could play all different kind of Ps2 game (GTA SE, Socom II, NFSU2, Formula carrer chamption, FFX-2, etc). but not DVD, somehow it's started not working last 2 years ago, but who care? I already have dvd player.👍

Hey, how's Le Mans II going?? did this Jaguar XJ-R9 go 16 laps? or maybe my PS2 messed up, just like GT40 didn't move AT ALL

MADTJ
Hey, how's Le Mans II going?? did this Jaguar XJ-R9 go 16 laps? or maybe my PS2 messed up, just like GT40 didn't move AT ALL

No, I kept a close eye on the Jaguar and the Mazda to see if they skipped stops after hour 15, but they stuck to their guns and maintained an 8 & 9 lap strategy respectively.
However, Jaguar did seem apt to go off at the first chicane on a number of laps, one of which lead to me colliding with him. I guess its possible in your race he got stuck for a number of laps which would have left him able to complete what appeared to be 16 of your own laps before he pitted.
One the basis of this though I'm going to leave the GT40 entry, which has been confirmed by yourself and Mr Slow, as the latest pitter for Sarthe II for the time being until anyone else can confirm the Jaguar can go that unbelievable distance without a stop.
Unfortunately since I'm only at 36.6% complete I don't own the Jaguar myself yet so I can't drive it at Sarthe II to see what its fuel economy is like. If anyone is willing to give it a go and let me know the result here I'd be most grateful. My suspicion remains that it'll do a maximum of 8 or 9 laps before running out of fuel even if the tyres are still OK, and this would necessitate an 8 or 9 lap pit strategy.
:cheers:
Smallhorses.

*edit* forgot to mention, I won by 11 laps from the Toyota 88C-V, not the close race I'd been expecting, but then the Audi R8 handles like magic!

jdw
The Formula GT!...

2. Twin Ring Motegi SS: 13L / 9 pits
Just getting some practise in for the full monty, and found that my AI opposition was pitting @ 12 (1st only) then 11 laps, for 11 pits all together.

I was a little concerned about this race as there's so little you can do to get an advantage, but I needn't have worried. All you have to do is press button X at the start and don't let go... at least not until your tyres are on fire. Dull, dull, dull. I have no idea what those yanks see in oval races :yuck: .

Edit: just had a quick peek at someone's settings: wind the toe-in back for the rear wheels and it saves masses of tyre wear (-1 is about right). Instead of pitting on lap 14 I was able to pit on lap 27 . Scarily you had to brake and change gear for the tighter turn :nervous: once the front left wore out but you could still make it round no trouble. Shucks if it's that easy Aaah'm gonna enter ma truuck in that there race an' win it with that...

Hey Smallhorses! guess what? i just bought new PS2, so i could be able to play GT4 again, and i'll update later about this pit strategies, ok? YAHOO! i missed this my sweet GT4, 2 months.. no gt4... i can't live without it

Back