At-a-glance AI pit strategies for the 16 Endurance races.

I recently started doing races by the license, this way I can get most of the major races done and out of the way. So I finally got up to 25 percent and discovered that there's an A License endurence race, Laguna Seca 200 Mi. for those of you who need a refresher. So I start to race it using the BMW M3 GTR racecar that you get as a prize car and I'm killing them.

So then, my tires start to lose wear and I'm forced to pit and I fall all the way to first place. Is it just me or do the other cars seem like they are cheating? Has any one been able to figure out what kind of tires they are using or do I just have to pit the same time as some of the other cars just to keep my first place?

importfan1
Has any one been able to figure out what kind of tires they are using or do I just have to pit the same time as some of the other cars just to keep my first place?

To check what tyres they're using, before the race, do a preview. The titles show what tyres are being used.

Pit when you need to pit, and don't bother pushing too hard into the orange, it could well cost you more time if you spin than you actually save. :yuck:

As far as strategy goes, this is part of the fun of enduros. Depending on the race, I usually find I have to pit about 2/3rds of the way through the AIs stint, so I have to go fast enough to make up 30 seconds (ie 1 pitstop) in every 3 stints. As long as each time you leave the pits you are further up the field than you were the last time, you should be on target.

It's worthwhile figuring out a strategy where you don't have to pit in the last 3 laps (except at the Nurb) as that could easily lose you the race if it's a close one. ;)

There are many ways to kill a cat, and just as many different strategies to win an endurance race, so prepare to be confused... :confused:

Have fun! :sly:

MADTJ
just off topic Q's, do u think this Mazda 787B is good enought for Le mans I 24 hours? total stock?

I would have thought so, since it was my closest competition when I ran this race.
I don't actually own a 787B yet in GT4, so I'm not sure what it's like. From the way the AI drives it, I'd say it was lighter on tyres than other LeMans racers, and therefore less frequent pitstops should make up for outright speed. I think either route_66 or jdw has tried out the 787B, not sure if it was the used black one, or the new 4,500,000 race version. I'd try PM-ing them and see what response you get.
Good luck if you try it! 👍

Smallhorses
I would have thought so, since it was my closest competition when I ran this race.
I don't actually own a 787B yet in GT4, so I'm not sure what it's like. From the way the AI drives it, I'd say it was lighter on tyres than other LeMans racers, and therefore less frequent pitstops should make up for outright speed. I think either route_66 or jdw has tried out the 787B, not sure if it was the used black one, or the new 4,500,000 race version. I'd try PM-ing them and see what response you get.
Good luck if you try it! 👍

Thank you SmallHorses! I think i'll start LAST 24 hours (Le mans I) by next month when i have enought money, and i don't think i wanted that black because it's old and have many miles on it, so i might lose control or something (just like my write-up 2 or 3 months ago). but i agree with you that it have better tires wear. i'll let you know when i will start 24 hours le mans

I'm sorry to bump an old topic, but I noticed that the Mercedes 2.5 Evo II Touring Car was listed as pitting every 4 laps. This isn't true. I B-Specced the race 3 days ago and he pitted every 5 laps. The Opel Calibra Touring Car and Alfa Romeo 155 Touring Car pitted every 4 laps.

There are some discrepancies in when the AI pits certain cars, and it seems that it varies by AI lineup and the car that you enter. Prime example is the difference seen in the pit strategy of the Spoon Integra at Motegi 8Hr. It's been reported between 11 laps and 23 laps by different folks.
Personally I've not run any of the enduros more than once yet to test if the AI pits are consistent, but its something I'll be looking into in about 51.5% completenesses (if that's a real word :P!!!) time. That may take a while though!
All of Extreme hall to do yet & its still not unlocked!!! :crazy:

in my recent testing of the fuji enduro heres what i worked out for every AI car u can get (i was testing for the 200pt race that was possible to win)

Car Pits on lap Fastest Lap time

Nissan R390 GT1 14 1min23.xxx
Toyota GT-one 15 1min21.xxx
Chev Corvette C5R 17 1min28.xxx
Bentley Speed 8 15 1min20.xxx
Jaguar XJR-9 14 1min19.xxx
Mazda 787B 15 1min19.xxx
Pergeout 905 17 1min19.xxx
Audi R8 16 1min19.xxx
Pescario CourageC60 19 1min20.xxx
Panoz Espanoz GTR-1 15 1min25.xxx
Playstation Pescario C60 19 1min19.xxx
Sauber Mercedes 13 1min18.xxx
BMW V12 LMR 16 1min20.xxx
Nissan R92CP 12 1min18.xxx
Nissan R89C 12 1min19.xxx
Ford GT40 (didnt check, wont be compeptitive) - similar to the chev
Dodge Viper GTR Oreca (didnt check, wont be competitive) - simialr to the chev

Im racing in a STOCK Black R390GT1 on S1/S1 tires

with the chev in the field i still got 200pts
with the GT40 in the field i got 176pts

in the current race (worth 200pts) the Panoz Esp GTR1 is the slowest car, im on lap 208/228 and im leading by 7seconds...its hard! lol

Excellent information CBR250RR!

I may create a special post for all the pit strategies for all the AI cars in all the enduros, later on, but it'll take some time to do, especially for Sarthe and 'ring enduros, this is a great headstart for Fuji though!

Tsukuba 9hr is already complete.
Fuji 1000km is 95% complete from the post above.

Keep the entries coming, even if they're not 1st or last to pit entries, every pit entry for any of the cars is welcome for any enduro, as it'll help me to compile the list sooner rather than later!

currently doing the research on the Laguna Seca 200miles enduro (so i can win it in a 200pt stock race)

heres the info ive found so far

All AI cars use R1 (RSH) tires
PPR = Pits Per Race

Pontiac GTO 5.7
Pits : 15
Fastest Lap : 1min37
PPR = 5

Chev Camaro SS
Pits : 16
Fastest Lap : 1min34
PPR = 5

Saleen S7
Pits : 21
Fastest Lap : 1min30
PPR = 4

Ford GT 05'
Pits : 12
Fastest Lap : 1min31
PPR = 7

Dodge Viper GTS 99'
Pits : 18
Fastest Lap : 1min33
PPR = 4

Callaway C12
Pits : 17
Fastest Lap : 1min36
PPR = 5

Chev Corvette GRAND SPORT
PPR = 5

Chev Corvette ZR-1(C4)
PPR = 5

Chev Corvette ZO6(C5)
Pits : 20
PPR = 4

Proto Motors SPIRRA 4.6V8
PPR = 5

Dodge Viper SRT-10
Pits : 20
PPR = 4

Shelby Series1 Supercharged
PPR = 5

Ford Mustang SVT CobraR
Pits : 15
PPR = 5

EDIT: just read post #43 - you already have this info, but have not updated post #1

I am currently racing in the Tsukuba 9hrs Endurance where for the first 6 hours the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A pitted every 35 laps which is about exactly as far as I can push my Lotus 111S - it has been a close race. The RX7 has started pitting a bit earlier in the 7th hour - don't know why, it will probably cost him dearly as we were both on track to make only 13 stops but he will probably now need 14.

Moloch_horridus
EDIT: just read post #43 - you already have this info, but have not updated post #1

I am currently racing in the Tsukuba 9hrs Endurance where for the first 6 hours the Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A pitted every 35 laps which is about exactly as far as I can push my Lotus 111S - it has been a close race. The RX7 has started pitting a bit earlier in the 7th hour - don't know why, it will probably cost him dearly as we were both on track to make only 13 stops but he will probably now need 14.

Sorry, I'd kind of given up on this thread in favour of the more comprehensive thread that's stickied at the top of the Race Reports Forum. I'll add your info in there, and a credit to you in post #1. Check it out!
:cheers:

*edit* Yeah I just checked post #43, and it's my own edit,:dunce: after I auditioned a ton of cars to get a good close race for Tsukuba 9hr and in the process found the pit strategy for every AI entry, thanks to jdw's list! If you're interested, you can find my amazing 29s MOV report after 9 full hours of racing here!:eek:
It's post #64 of Smallhorses' A-spec Endurance Companion.

Back