atlop's gallery

• Thread starter atlop
  • 111 comments
Finland
Helsinki
atlop

atlop's gallery

best of 2005 - 2008

This is a selection of my GT4 Photomode shots from between 2005 and 2008. These are mostly edited competition
entries, pics that I hope are my best work out of many GT4 photos taken. This is also the final wrap up
of my gallery (until GT5 comes out). Click the previews to see full sized images. Enjoy!

Bonus item: video clips from Rally Finland 2008

Last edited:
kennythebomb
Pretty cool - you should upload your three that have made it into my muscle car comp finals

Definitely want to see more 👍

Thank's Kenny! Competition entries will be in the next update, I thought I'd start with some new pictures first.

kekke2000
nice! :D the Celica pic makes no sense at all though ;)

edit: the yellow RUF is fantastic!

Thanks! You are right, the Celica makes little sense here, it's out of context. I'll post it again later with some other shots from my countless 'Ooops' moments, that's where it belongs.

Not bad pics. Especially like the first shot of the Ford GT, and the last shot of the Camaro.

Thanks to both of you, glad you did like them. :) More updates to follow once I get some more photos/browse through old ones.

I like the GT shot too, no photoshopping* needed for that (well, if resizing etc does not count).

* = I'm not using Phososhop actually, but japanese freeware called Pixia. Not a very easy program, but then again I never tried the 'real' photoshop so I can't compare. But as it is I find it easier to do the basic adjustments in XP's standard photo editor and resort to Pixia only to blur'em up or other such fine tune.

Btw, I'm a bit unsure if I should make it clear if I have used 'shopping for a picture or not. Of course it's not a big deal, and this is not a competition or anything, but still I feel I should make it clear, because there is no way to tell if some small corrections are made to a picture or not (at least if you are not going to loop through the whole thing). So yeah, starting from next update I'll mention if the pictures are edited.

@atlop

i agree with you, but i didn´t mention if my pics are photoshopped or not, but when i edit some of my shots, i photoshop them so much that it´s not a big deal to recognize them as photoshopped.

Araba
@atlop

i agree with you, but i didn´t mention if my pics are photoshopped or not, but when i edit some of my shots, i photoshop them so much that it´s not a big deal to recognize them as photoshopped.

Well, I suppose it can be pretty obvious if it has been done. Maybe it's enough to make sure there's a clear difference between those that are phoshopped and those that are not. And anyway maybe not such a good idea to do finetuning that is not clearly visible. Need to think about this.

Div is back
The last pic of the camaro is great:tup:
Thanks. Looks like people like those pictures that came without much planning and effort. Looks like there's something to learn for me in this. 💡

Btw, your Nissan pictures for the competition were great. 👍

Time to update the gallery with JGTC and touring cars. I have some more pictures waiting the finishing touches, I'll post those soon. With this update I was trying to get as realistic shots as I could with very limited or zero photoshopping.

atlop's gallery

Update 7/16/05

Thanks. :) The next collection will be some Nissans, I think, having a hard time with it for some reason. But I am getting my website ready soon, it should make presenting and viewing pictures easier. I will keep posting the thumbnails here though.

I finally got my gallery webpage ready, grand opening tonight! :) :sly:

In the site you will find the full sized photos as well as thumbnails and info of the photos. There are new pictures (not posted here before) in every collection except in the VW one.

In future I'll post thumbnails of updates in this thread also, but there are too many of them this time.

Click here to enter! Welcome! :)

atlop
Thanks. Looks like people like those pictures that came without much planning and effort. Looks like there's something to learn for me in this. 💡

Btw, your Nissan pictures for the competition were great. 👍

I like most of yr pics, good work.

And yeah, the best pics are the ones that weren't planned. Same here. :) 👍

edit: nice site by the way.

Thanks :) Some of the stuff on that site is not the best I can do in photomode but rather a document of some race or my first attempts with photomode, I hope there is some improvement over time. From now on I'll put more effort in the quality of the pictures (since I have reached 100% long ago there's not much to document) and try to find time to make pics just for the gallery.

It's time to update the gallery with real life photos, from the latest round of WRC rally in Finland a couple of weeks ago.

Now this isn't as offtopic as it sounds, since my motivation for taking a camera (or two, actually) with me was very much to put whatever I have learned here to test in a real situation. Any comments and criticism would be much appreciated! :) I found out there are some differences between GT4 photomode and real life...

In GT4 you

DON'T need to hold your hand steady when shooting the picture
DON'T run out of zoom range
DON'T run out of light
using a longer lens does NOT do anything to exposure time and that does NOT do anything to "aperture" and basicly nothing ever does anything to anything else, whereas... :crazy:
there is NEVER noise in the pictures
you DON'T suddenly realize you should from now on invest every last penny to better equipment
CAN pause the action and walk freely around the object (duh)
DON'T need to come to the place two hours before anything happens, then protect your spot against dozens of drunken motorsport fans who, once the action really starts, jump in front you you anyway

Still, shooting R/L photos actually IS fun. But if the photos are not quite as 'artistic' as GT4 pics usually then it's for the reasons above. With that said, here is the link. It's an ImageShack photo blog, click any thumbnail for bigger preview picture, my description of it and links to full sized and other images. There's a link to the blog in my webpage also.

kennythebomb
It seems from a couple of the pics that the WRC cars are passing you on the road as you are moving?

Yes. As they move from and to special stages they use normal roads that are not closed for regular traffic. These transit stages are part of the rally in the sense that they must get trough them without outside help or be disqualified, which sometimes happes... In fact we saw many of the lead cars on the road that weekend.

But this is just what's great in this sport, it's not isolated behind walls and fences.

Back to business as usual... an update with some muscle car pics and a couple of Volvos. How do they fit in the same post? Very well it seems... :)

The Camaro road movie in three pictures:

Direct links to all images: here and here.

Back